[SO-Sylira]This is going to hurt isn't it? (Markus)

Our hero is teaching a little combat to our healer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

Postby S'Essy on August 30th, 2014, 1:57 pm

AV 514, Summer 45th

It was the middle of summer and they were going again. This time on the ocean. It was tiring, all of travelling was tiring for her. Ever since last season, she was on the road and sea. Only few days to stay and rest. But she had company, after her first travel, then after their second travel they got a new person, Pulren. Though she didn't mind this one, since she was on Laviku's waters again for a long time. She was out, staring at her Father's domain for all day. Beautiful sight it was. She could sleep really well.

That day wasn't different either, she was sitting on the gunwale alone. Her lover never really joined her these days. He preferred to be as far from the ocean as possible. She just couldn't imagine such behavior, why would anyone do that. She had to admit, the sea could be dangerous, but so could land. But she had to understand him, he was a human. He wasn't a svefra either. It was not his element... not at all. But she was curious what was making him acting that way and she never got any answer.

Her head turned from the ocean to him. There he was sitting on the deck, in the middle. Markus just didn't feel so well during that travel. Same with her during when they were riding. But this time they didn't even have the privilege to have some private times. The Konti just sighed and went to him. She looked down at him, shaking her head. "You know Darling, you just look awful to be honest and I really can't help if you don't tell me what's your problem with the sea or ocean."

S'Essy wanted to know. It must be a trauma, but if she would know, she could help him fight against it. Or just show him the good side of it. She sat down next to and leaned against him. Wrapping her arms around his right arm. It was strong. Stronger than when he was a squire. It was still a bit strange to her."How you can ease up? You want to fight? You want to beat up something? I let myself be the punching bag, if I have to but I wanna share my happiness with you ."
Last edited by S'Essy on October 12th, 2014, 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 30th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Markus sat by the main mast. Back pressed against the solid piece of wood as he tried to focus on the book in his lap. It had been meant as a journal of his travels. But the more he thought about the travel the blander it seemed. He tapped the empty page with the quill and crossed out the word he had written. It seemed illogical to write about this sea voyage - mainly because it would only end up as a rant against sea voyages in general. Markus threw a glance to the side and immediately regretted it, seeing the vast expanse of ocean sent a chill down his spine and he focused squarely upon the book again. The problem, again, was what should he write about. Perhaps of S'Essy and the magical discipline of shielding that she had told him about. But he did not really know where to begin and something told him that S'Essy was not experienced enough to guide him through it and provide a good introductory article. A guide for shielders in Syliras. Perhaps that was the angle he should work on. He felt a surge of inspiration, one rarely afforded to the sergeant who was the opposite of a scholar. But even if inspiration came over him, it was not backed with solid information. Facts about the discipline. Once more he would need his lover to help him. He looked up and sought out the magnificent woman, only to find her standing right above him. Words spoken and he knew she was right. He probably looked more harrowed than usual. But rest was hard to come by when the ship swayed from side to side and memories of men clad in steel sank to their death. Rarely did his slumber last a couple of bells before he lay restless. The fact that he had no privacy either also meant it was hard for him to find release for the pent of frustration.

Frustration of always seeing the dead knights around him and fearing he would suffer the same fate on the voyage. He glanced up at his love and squinted as she had positioned herself poorly in regards to Syna high in the sky above her head. Giving her a crown made of a beautiful light surrounding her. Unlike him, she looked beautiful as always. More alive now that they were upon the open seas and he envied her love of the sea. Envied how she could move freely upon the ship. His guarded steps, carefully placed upon the deck, every twist and turn sending him for something to hold on to. It was also why he was placed against the mast. About the most secure thing upon the ship. He had forced himself outside into the light so he could write. But it seemed he would not get much done. His lover was worried about him and he adored her for it, but was also a little annoyed. They had discussed this already. Sooner or later he might tell her. The knight sighed and put a hand over his eyes to shield them from Syna. She must have seen her unfortunate position or simply wanted his company for she sat down beside him and leant against him. Upon the ship the two had no time to be together just the two of them. Even now there were undoubtedly sailors looking at the two. But he ignored the prospect and enjoyed the closeness. Another sigh.

"Please just let it lie for now. It is bad enough to be out here without having to explain why I don't like it here." Markus spoke with an edge of finality. The change, the offer in response surprised and frightened him. The prospect alone frightened him. If he ever needed to punch her to release tension. How low would he have to sink before that would happen. He pressed his lips against her cheek forcefully. Leaving the mix of scales and skin wet.

"I could mention a thing or two." A smirk on the lips as his left hand reached across and brushed up her inner thigh. He regretted that action. It had been too long since they had been intimate and the tease alone was enough to get his hormones to start the machinery. "You just wait 'til we make landfall and are alone." He promised vaguely. Which reminded him of the city they were headed to. Perhaps it would be prudent to become the mentor he used to be to Ball. Another smirk crossed his lips. He clapped the book together and placed it beside him on the deck and rose swiftly. Pulling his lover with him to her feet. "Dear, there are two things you can help me with. Sunberth is a dangerous place and you would make me feel a lot more at ease if you'd let me teach you a trick or two about self defence and two, I intend to press you against the mast and kiss you senseless in sight of everyone. Understood?" There was a brief, very brief, wait for confirmation or objection from his lover - it wouldn't change the outcome as he would press her against the mast and do as he had promised. Kissing her thoroughly until he was satisfied, for now.

"Senseless yet? Or do I need to go on?" He teased gently. As a hand that had slipped from his body pressed against her rear. For a brief moment he was free of the guilt and fear of the ocean in the presence of his lover. It was liberating. "When you regain your senses, show me a defensive fighting stance, dear."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on October 13th, 2014, 7:05 pm

And this wasn't the time she would get an answer for her question. Just when, she was a bit irritated by this fact. This one was a big difference between them, which she wanted to minimize. She just sighed and rolled her eyes. What else she could do? "Fine, fine. Then keep it to yourself." She answered and lied on him as she closed her eyes. She was sitting there in silence, when he surprised her with a kiss on her cheek. She was smiling and was trying to not giggle, as his growing mustache was tickling her face.

She turned to him and placed her hand under his chin, pushing his head up a bit. With her thumb she was brushing his facial hair above his lips. "Hmm. New style? Interesting, I might like it." She was grinning. But she wasn't the only who was playing. His hand found her inner thigh. Hers left his chin and landed on the floor and was trying to not fall down. It was a bit surprising and disturbing in the same time. Not like she minded but they didn't have their time. They couldn't be alone, she missed their privacy. "I miss it. I want to arrive as quick as possible. I am travelling since Spring anyway." Said the Konti with another sigh.

It was tiring and now she was travelling with Pulren and even unknown sailors. She didn't mind the Wave guard, he was a good friend though the sailors. Her thoughts were stepped as she heard the book closing and the Ser was pulling her up to the feet. Giving two request she could help with. She was listening. First learning little self defense. Oh for Rak'keli it would hurt for sure. Then his other request made her smirk. "I gue-.." She didn't even have time answer, he didn't let her. He just did as he promised and kissed her passionately in front of everyone.

She pressed her forehead against his. Teasing him back. "What, little Ser is jealous?" She looked around. Markus made quite a scene. Some sailors were peering them. She didn't care. "Wanna show them don't even try to steal your little fish?" She kissed his lips once more, briefly before she slipped away from him and did as he said. Or at least just tried.

Her legs were nearly closed, she put her arms in front of her face, forming an X with them. She wasn't sure what should she do. Why would she? She didn't really learn any combat. She knew a few from Markus but it wasn't much and she barely remembered. And sometimes it turned out not to be combat learning back there.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on October 16th, 2014, 5:27 pm

"Yea, I figured it couldn't hurt to show them we're a couple. And now to show them what you will do if they still come on to you." Markus stepped away from his lover and gave her space to drop into her stance. His own steps were slow and careful as he backed away. He could see the stern of the ship on the other side of the mast. So he knew he was in no danger of accidentally stepping over the railing. His eyes were focused upon his lover. On the stance she adopted and for a few long ticks he thought she was having trouble finding her sea legs. That might explain the awkward way she stood. Her stance offered no mobility. Arms tangled up too closely for any useful defensive motions and offence was entirely out of the question. Part of him wondered if she was taking the piss on him. Not taking it seriously at all. But he didn't see any mischievous smirk on her lips or dancing lights in her eyes indicating such. So he took her as an amateur and not a undisciplined child. He rubbed his moustache briefly and approached her again.

"No martial arts experience I assume. Unless this is an underwater stance. Right, seems I have my work cut out for me." Markus said gently as he took her hands. Briefly paused as to remember if it was her right or left side that was her dominant side. He went with a wild guess and assumed she was right handed. First he uncrossed her arms. Then he guided her right hand closer to her face, hovering about an inch or two diagonal away from her right cheek. The left was further away. Closer to a foot away from her face and also hovering gently. He looked down her body at her feet. Too close together. Hampered her mobility greatly.

"Spread your legs. Like this. It will offer you a good stable stance while giving you the possibility to striking out with both hands and kick with your right leg. You should probably move a little away from the mast." Markus took a step back and let his left leg lead as he spoke. His right leg was further back and separated by a shoulder's length from the front leg. Powerful arms raised in the simple stance he was trying to teach S'Essy. But looking at her there were obvious differences. She looked much smaller. Frailer. Muscles less developed. Markus need not worry as much about precision when he struck. His blows packed quite a punch regardless where they struck and they would have an effect. S'Essy. She needed precision. For that, he needed to tell her the weaknesses of the human body. Eyes looked to the mark on her forehead. Was it right of him to teach a healer, sworn to Rak'keli how to inflict as much damage in a short a time as possible? Eyes lowered to hers and looked into their depth.

"But promise me, before I go on, that this is only in an emergency. Only take up the fight if it is impossible for you to run away." Markus spoke in a hard tone. "For I can't teach you enough on this ride to prepare you for a city like Sunberth, where everyone is a brawler and not a warrior." Markus eyes did not sway from her eyes as he spoke.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on October 16th, 2014, 7:05 pm

She was just standing in that stance. Even she felt it was just so unnatural for her. Though combat in general was out of place for her. She didn't really bother with it, although many times she was pondering that even she needed to learn some. In the end it never happened. Markus was staring at her for several ticks. S'Essy just looked at her right and left while that. A few sailors were chuckling. She closed her eyes. "I don't care, I don't care. I have to start somewhere." She thought. Finally the knight stepped to her.

"Ser, do you really think I'm an utterly hopeless person underwater, using such stance? Shall I be offended?" She raised her eyebrows, but her features were kind. Had a little smile on her face. "There I have the advantage. Not in every case but in most." She let him move her arms. Right arm was in front of her face only a few inch away, her left was placed after her right. It just felt nostalgic. Like their first meeting. The same thing. Place her arms in the right stance.

Then as back then, it was her legs again. She keeps forgetting to not stand like that. It's unstable. She moved her legs further from each other, giving herself a better stability. Then the Konti checked her lover. Markus showed the pose he wanted her to take. She was trying to copy it. More or less she successfully took the stance he was showing. But would her hit do any effect on anyone. She was worried that her hand would get hurt by hitting Markus and not him get hurt. Not that she wanted to cause pain for him.

Emerald green eyes were looking into her indigo eyes. S'Essy's face turned serious too. He was wondering about something again. Only use it as an emergency. His voice was firm and serious. He was talking as a knight this time. Like he was giving an order. "I'm a healer. I won't forget that you don't have to worry. " Violence, while perhaps necessary, she was just sensitive about it. Even naive. "I don't think this lesson will make me brave enough. "
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on October 19th, 2014, 3:01 pm

"It was a joke dear... I don't think stances would work the same under water." Markus brushed his own beard gently as he thought about it. "Wouldn't work well with the... weightlessness? Of water. And lack of connection to something solid.." Markus was pretty much talking to himself at this point. Trying to make sense of it all. He ceased the stream of words and focused again. It was time to train S'Essy not theorize about underwater combat techniques. He looked to her feet. He stepped closer and his right leg moved forward slowly and gently pushed her left foot a little further forward. Trying to improve on her stance. He exhaled sharply as he was satisfied with what he saw. He started to circle her to see if any parts of her body was a in weird position. Lewd thoughts tried to enter his mind and push the training in a different direction. But knightly discipline kept him on the narrow path. He could be brutal in his training like with Ball, or he could be too kind and she'd not take it seriously. He had to find the middle path of a good teacher. Be respected while capable of letting loose and be friendly. What was it with him and teaching his girlfriends and lovers how to fight. Third in a row in that manner. He sighed softly and focused upon the situation ahead. Hands rested on her shoulders.

Relax your shoulders. Don't stiffen up. Keep it loose. Markus said as he released her and completed the circle around her. "Right, we don't have the time to turn you into a master of self defence, so I will have to focus on the central aspect." Markus smiled as he had taught Ball these techniques and the little dirtball had applied them quite nicely in his training.

"Self defence is about injuring or distracting the attacker long enough you can escape. Which means you will have to strike after vital areas. Soft targets that inflict maximum damage. I am talking eyes, throat, solar plexus, and the groin." He pointed to each as he mentioned them. "A knee swiftly inserted into the groin should put down most men for several chimes. Or a punch to the throat. I want you to practice these strikes." Markus dropped into the same stance as her and right hand snapped out swiftly at the height of his own throat. An uppercut from his left into just below where his own ribs would meet in the front. Right knee rose into where his own groin would be. The person would be in a serious condition if he had existed outside Markus' mind. Three strikes to three vital areas. Enough to put any man down.

"Striking the eyes is hard in combat. But if they come close enough to start grapling with you, don't be afraid of jabbing a thumb into their eyes or biting them. There is no such thing as a dishonourable strike when it comes to self defence. Another target would be the nose. If you can break it with a strike, the person will be in tremendous pain and better yet, eyes will tear up and make it hard for them to follow you when you decide to run. Let me see you practise the strikes. Not on me, not yet at least."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on October 19th, 2014, 3:41 pm

She felt a bit embarrassed, she really didn't notice that it was a joke. Surely combat didn't do her any good, she just got all confused. She wanted to be good and prove she can do it but her confidence dropped by 100%. Then he was talking about underwater. But more like talking to himself. She was confused, he wanted to throw her out of the ship or how he planned? "Dear, I think leave those stuff to me. Believe me when I see I can better handle myself there than you." She was serious about this. But it was unlikely she had to use those knowledge in Sunberth. Unless pirates would have come she was safe there.

He also seemed to came to the land and his hand rested on her shoulder. Gently pushing it down a bit. She didn't notice that she stiffed them up. Must be because she was nervous and reflex. She looked serious as he was too. It was strange to be with him like that. But it was for her own safety and she had to learn what was necessary. Though the Konti wondered if she could ever be the master of self defense. It brought her a slight smile.

She was listening carefully, still smiling a bit. Injuring or distracting the attacker. Something she was always against that, but some situations required drastic measures. Eyes, throat, solar plexus? And groin? New weird Common words. She didn't understand what were those first but luckily Markus was pointing at them while he was explaining. Four sensitive spots which could stun people with a right hit. Sounded easy, but done it? Could she do it? She took deep breath. Markus also showed three of these strikes. She was watching carefully. Throat, ribs and the knee, in between the legs. Not the eyes though. But before she could ask, he explained it. Hard to reach the eyes. So playing dirty was acceptable. Like fights had any rules to her...

She nodded and was standing ready to practice. Not on him luckily. Yet... this didn't sound promising. She tried to remember what he showed. First she pushed her left hand forward, trying to hit low, imagining where ribs would be. It wasn't the best, her move was inaccurate. She was trembling also. She pulled it back and was about to strike with her right now. To the throat. Which was to Markus's arms instead. She was clumsy in combat and she showed it again. Her strike might have not hurt the Knight but S'Essy felt the pain going from her hand through her arms. She pulled it away immediately, grabbing her right fist with her left hand. "Ouch... Ouch... Ouch.... Your arms are made of steel or what the petch?" She put too much force in it and it "hit back".

She bit her lips. No she couldn't heal now. Not now. She had to endure it, till the end of the training. She wouldn't have time to heal herself in combat either, not to mention healing was also tiring. She let her hand go, took another deep breath and stand in the same stance again. She had to repeat that move. She snapped out her right hand again, this time was focusing more about being accurate than putting too much force to it. She couldn't anyway, her arm was trembling, she still felt the pain, which would dull after a little. Then her knee rose which would hit the groin.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on October 19th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Markus watched her as if he was looking at one of the people he had trained in the past. Looked past the worry and love he felt for the woman. He knew she hated violence. Her oath was the opposite of what he trained her to do now. But she seemed to take his lessons in a stride. Didn't voice any complaints and took it seriously enough. The first strike wasn't very good. He saw she trembled as she threw the punch. Messed up the accuracy further. The knight frowned lightly when she threw the second punch, he didn't manage to react at all so surprised by the lack of accuracy that she actually hit him. He wasn't sure if he should laugh or cry. She had managed to injure herself by punching him. He felt it, of course, but not enough to provoke a reaction. He had felt worse, much much worse and stayed standing to fight.

"Are you okay?" He asked a little worried. He hoped she hadn't broken her hand. That would forever taint the idea of training martial arts for her and he'd have an even harder time convincing her it was necessary for her to be taught self defence before a city like Sunberth was visited. He planned on being by her side for as much of the time, but he was not going to bring her along for the raids he knew he would be carrying out to find his family. It was necessary. He knew it was necessary. But he didn't want to see her get hurt before they got there. And definitely not see her get hurt because of him. He took a step forward to grasp her hand and take a look at it and show her the proper way to throw a punch. The timing couldn't have been worse as she practised the last of the three attacks. Markus wasn't sure what came first. The pain, the blurred vision or his less than manly yelp. One hand found his groin. The other found the deck of the ship as he fell down on his right knee.

"By Sylir." He muttered as he rolled onto his back with legs bent one hand still clutching his pained manhood. The other hand over his eyes as he sucked in air through the teeth. Trying to suppress the near constant waves of pain that washed over his mind. He knew not what S'Essy was doing.

"I'm okay... I'm okay... Just give me a chime... I think... I think you got that part down." The attack had been clumsy and more luck than anything else. He leant his head back and continued to suck in the air through his teeth. It eased the pain. Or it was illusion that it did, he didn't particularly care.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on October 26th, 2014, 10:51 am

And their timing were terrible. As her knee rose up, she did hit Markus' groin as he came closer to check her. S'Essy was stunned for a few ticks trying to realize what was happening it was too quick for her. She hurt him again. Memory of the past came to her mind, when she threw his sword at him, nearly cutting his leg off. What was with training with Markus and hurting him actually. The healer felt the guilt again and only woke up when the knight was lying on the deck, trying to ease the pain for himself somehow.

What has she done again? She felt embarrassed about it and wanted to undone this. She also could hear the laughter from the sailors which irritated her. "Don't you have any better things to do? Get back to your own business!" Her attention went back to her love and didn't hesitate anymore. She knelt down to him . Her right hand went under his back, while her left was sliding up his upper thigh to his hand. She gently pushed it away and was healing it, to ease the pain for him.

S'Essy took her hand which was mending him back and helped him sit up. Only to embrace him tight and hold him as close to herself as she could. "I'm so sorry." It was awkward for her, a disgrace that as a healer she would do that. It was one thing to defend herself, but hurting the innocent was a sensitive matter for her. She placed a kiss on his cheek but she still was holding him in an embrace. "Do you really want to continue this training? I understand if not. Gods, I feel pathetic."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on November 5th, 2014, 5:04 am

His lover yelled at the crew, which the knight supposed would make them all the more inclined to tolerate their existence upon their ship. "Honey, it is not their fault." He muttered under his breath as he felt her hand upon his and her other hand behind his back. He was glad she cared enough about him to try and ease his pain with her nearness. That was when through the pain his memory sparked the memory of her healing powers. The blissful feeling of the divine powers used upon his manhood. He briefly wondered if the great goddess had ever thought that her charge S'Essy would be using her powers to heal her lovers genitals. Markus supposed that he would never get a response for that question. She helped him sit up entirely and barely had a tick passed before he felt her press against him. Hold him tight and the helpless grin on his lips as he realized how adorable he found her. Even if she had just kneed him right in the junk - he couldn't really get angry at her for that mistake.

"S'Essy. Dear. It is okay. You didn't do it on purpose." Lips pressed to his cheek and she tried to back out of the training. He took a glance in her direction. "Hmm, or was it?" He gave her a small pause to let it soak in before he smirked tired. "Perhaps you wanted an excuse to touch the goods." He placed a kiss on her cheek in return for hers as he freed himself from her grasp and got back to his feet. Sent a glance around at the crew. He was still smiling as he offered his hand to his lover and half a nod to the crew still glancing at the duo.

"We're continuing. Even if I might regret this." After helping her up he stepped away. Before realizing he stepped nearer the railing and half jumped, half leapt closer to the middle of the ship. It took a tick too long before he let a relaxed breath escape his lips. Realizing the folly. Realizing how much of a coward he must seem to everyone. He glanced at S'Essy. "Don't start." He warned lowly before sighing and stepping closer to his safe haven by the mast. "Show me the attacks and the stance again." He continued a little less enthusiastically.
[color=black].
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)