OOC Info Upon Dark Shores

Black Rock's OOC discussion forum, living and dead alike are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 19th, 2015, 7:36 am

I became bored..my brain went into overload..and I submitted quite a few things in the Creation Corner Thread, would love to hear opinions as I was unsure about it, especially the way Ashls work in the place of Miza's. Miza's have three quantity, where there is only one Ashl, so pricing was a bit difficult.

Also I was wondering if there will be Challenges this season? Or do the Spring Challenges carry over to Summer as well?

With that said, if anyone is looking to thread and want to develop plots, please PM me. I am up for practically anything, especially adventure, danger, and the sort. ;)

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Traverse on July 19th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Hello Savacea!

Thanks for all the submissions, there's a lot of cool looking stuff in there! If you could re-size a few of the super large images to be a bit more manageable that would be wonderful, for NPC submissions you generally want images 200 x 200 pixels, if not I can always re-size them when I get to them. The only submission I noticed with an issue was the crayfish, as we don't take lore submissions of creatures that exist IRL, I am bound and determined to get caught up on development threads this season so hopefully those will be out of the creation corner and in the wiki in no time :)

As for seasonal challenges I do not have any for Black Rock as of yet, but if you wanted to take advantage of Zinrah and Taloba's most of the challenges in those cities do not require being there if you needed thread ideas or goals to achieve, and I'll either have late summer challenges up (I usually give out an IC prize to folks who complete it if I'm late on them) or I'll have some up for Fall.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for the submissions!

Edit: My general philosophy when it comes to Ashl prices is that if regular GM prices are easily divisible by three do it and list it in ashls, if not go with Mizas.

-Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 19th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Okay I went through and changed the sizes of the larger images, and the NPCs are at 200x200 now :). As for the Ashl situation, when ever you have time to look over it, and if you see a pricing issue just let me know and I will edit it, I think it is pretty good right now, but I could be wrong.

Great! I will head over there and see what challenges I can do in threads that could be fun, while waiting for Summer Challenges here if you get to them. Also I was PMed by another player, who saw all my posts in Black Rock, and that player said that Black Rock will be closing at the turn of the season, is this true? I know there isn't very many players at the moment, but doesn't mean there won't be in the near future :). Was just curious if players will be migrating out in Fall or not.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 19th, 2015, 6:16 pm

If anyone would like to thread with these challenges in mind, to spruce up a simple meet and greet or what have you, PM me, could always combine challenges into one thread to turn it into an adventure! :)

Dance
Outrun Someone or Something
Climb a Tree
Remember Something Important

Eat too much Food
Spectate or Participate in the Wrestling Tournament
Slip, Trip, or Fall
Get Caught Doing Something

Fight a Losing Battle
Bathe in the Rain
Discuss Myrians in Length
Boast about Something

Participate in the Night of the Orchids
Pay Homage to Makutsi
Have a restless Night
Eat a Vom Skewer

Get Beaten
Spend time in the Military Outpost
Catch a Fish
Do Something Selfish

Kiss Someone
Obtain a Harmless Injury
Break a Promise
Take a Nap

[Challenges from Taloba and Zinrah, some challenges not applicable to Black Rock.]

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Traverse on July 20th, 2015, 2:38 pm

If Black Rock does not get an AS by the end of the Summer Season it will be closing, that being said I have an individual who is int he process of submitting an application so I am hoping closing the city will not be necessary.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 27th, 2015, 10:00 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

Just wanting to give the few people I have threads with a heads up, as I will be absent until Friday or Saturday. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I will return so please do not give up on me and assume I have abandoned the thread. I will return in a few days!

Ezra, Loda, and Kiva are the only ones I have threads with currently I do believe, so this applies to you guys. Anywho, happy writing and while I am away plot some ideas for an adventure or something our PCs can do :D. Bye for now ;), be back sooon.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Upon Dark Shores

Postby Traverse on August 24th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Important Notice

Despite my sincerest hopes, Black Rock will not be gaining an AS in time for the imminent season change. If you have not already please read over the initial Changes in the Site post Gossamer put in the News Around the Fire forum which details what you will need to do as a PC in a city that is being closed until an ST can be found for it.

Please still post wage requests in the Jungle Wilds Grading thread, I will attend to them as swiftly as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but hope that this will present an opportunity to continue fleshing out and expanding Black Rock's lore, hopefully you all can return soon when we find someone who really wants to take charge of this awesome city :)

Safe Travels, and Swift Returns

-Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous