Solo Just another day of work

Lo'campo does his job a little bit too well.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Just another day of work

Postby Lo'campo on September 1st, 2014, 5:20 am

Sunberth 91 Summer 514 A.V

Lo'campo woke up to the sounds of birds singing their morning songs and the constant tugging of the children asking him to get up. His body was still sore from the work done the day before and refused any movement what so ever yet the children persisted that he come now for it was an emergency. Thinking that there was some bug or little problem he took his time getting dressed and equipping his weapons until a high pitched scream pierced his ears. He was alert now as he quickened his pace tightening his still dirty robes and bursting through the door. He leaped down the stairs meeting Juline who was equipped with a large knife in hand. He was relieved to see that she was ok, but was then set to an even more frantic level of not knowing who was in trouble.

"Come on down kid" A gruff voice spoke out. Lo'campo smelled blood as soon as he stepped outside followed by Jilene. "Leave this property now" She demanded the man who payed her no mind. Lo'campo analyzed the scene. There was a man who clearly had to be a sailor judging by his tattoos he was an Akalak like himself and stood about 6ft if not more which was considered short compared to Lo'campo. The child was in a tree cowering with fear as blood ran from what looked like a stab wound to the abdomen. The other Akalak stood at the base of the tree lakan in hand slashing at the child who was just out of his reach. " I am not going to ask you again. Leave now." Jilene said now raising her knife toward the mans direction. Lo'campo had to give it to her, though she was blind she could still be pretty intimidating at times. "And if I don't?" The Akalak took a step forward toward Jilene who still had her knife pointed. Seeing that he knew all he needed Lo'campo took a step forward as well causing the man to stop. "Ah my fellow Akalak brother you out of everyone here can understand my disposition. You see I am in of need of coin and that child happens to have some. All I want is the coin and I shall leave."

Lo'campo looked the man up and down. He was a darker blue then Lo'campo with short hair and brown eyes. He gave off a manipulative aura and had a smirk upon his face that made Lo'campo uneasy. He disgusted him. He was fowl, low of the low, a murderous brute that would rather kill for greed than for peace. Lo'campo gritted his teeth. I believe the she asked you to get off of the premises he spit out.The man's facial expression changed to a gruesome look. "I don't think you understand. I am not leaving with out getting the miza from that child, and since you upset me how about I take your lives and pillage this building for everything it has?"

Without warning the other Akalak rushed in whipping out his own lakan targeting Jilene first. Knowing he wouldn't be able to counter the attack Lo'campo stuck his leg out and pushed her backward taking a cut to his thigh. He took hold of the mans trousers, using his muscles he pulled the man back sliding him across the leaf covered ground.This man was fast. There was no way that Lo'campo could take him on with his greatsword. Jilene take this and go inside" He said tossing the sword over to her general area guarding her until she took the weapon inside and locking the door behind her. Lo'campo stood at the ready for any attacks that may come his way. I suggest that you leave while you still have the chance to keep your life. If you fight I will kill you. Lo'campo guaranteed the man.

With a smirk the intruding Akalak moved in again swinging hard and fast as Lo'campo blocked and parried his attacks and sending in his own. The two were skilled fighters both strong in their own nature filling the air with the sound of metal on metal. The fighter took a step back as Lo'campo took a swing leaving him wide open for a fist that connected to his jaw. He stumbled back reacting in time to avoid a lakan coming at his throat and into the wall where he gave a hard kick to the back of his opponent. He spit blood onto the ground as he collected himself. Now this was a fight. Two people that knew what they were doing. The taste of his own blood in his mouth made him hungry for more fighting as he loosened his robe to move more freely. Digging his feet into the ground Lo'campo moved to strike first rushing toward his opponent. He was close range now and attacked moving his lakan in a motion to go across the mans belly, but missed. He saw the thug's lakan out the corner of his eye, somersaulting forward to avoid the strike. He was in a corner nowas the man moved in to take advantage of his situation. Thinking on his feet Lo'campo launched himself off the wall and up onto a tree branch swinging off and back out into the open yard.

"Leave Mr. Campo alone!" the child called out as she threw nuts and broken branches at the Akalak. "Shut up you little whore!" Everything slowed down as the scene played out. Lo'campo saw it happening and sprinted into action as his opponent threw hi lakan at the child in the tree. Forcing his leg muscles to work overtime he moved quickly, leaping up in the air trying to block the a weapon with his own. He scraped the weapon with his own attempting to at least change it's direction if not block it completely to which it got caught on his robe thus pinning him to the tree and knocking his lakan out of his hand. This was not good at all He thought to himself just as his face caught two more fist from the sailor. He ripped his robe from the tree leaving a large tear in it.

Now it was hand to hand combat. Shaking his head clear he dodged another punch and delivered a hard right to the ribs sending the man backward. Lo'campo held his hands up. His leg started to burn from sweat that seeped into the cut he received as well as his face beginning to swell. He went in again aiming low unsuccessfully taking a knee to the chest and put into a choke hold. Lo'campo couldn't breath as he struggled to get free from the muscles of his attacker. His face stung with more punches. Now he was aggravated. Holding his breath Lo'campo stood up bringing the man a foot off of the ground and ran back into the wall of the Quarter in an attempt to break free from the grip. He repeated this as his face began to change to a darker hue from loss of breath. Everything began to go black as he continued to ram into the wall until he felt the man's grasp loosen thus giving him air and opportunity. Taking the man's arm he pulled him over his shoulder back flat onto the ground and put him in a hold of his own cutting off his circulation. The Akalak sailor struggled as Lo'campos rippling muscles squeezed his neck with abounding strength. Lo'campo had lost all train of thought now only thinking of killing. He pulled the man over to the tree where the child sat eyes closed frozen with fear and pulled the lakan from it. "Please don't do this. I will leave and never return if you spare my life." the man choked out. Lo'campo laughed maniacally as he took the man's lakan from the tree and brought it across his throat. Back and forth he went as the man's body twitched and flopped in the yard behind the wild bushes were no one could see nor hear what was happening. Lo'campo continued to cut though the man's body was now limp . Blood flew through out the yard and over Lo'campo who had not sheared what used to be the head of the sailor. Dropping the lakan and mending the wounds of the child Lo'campo took the body to the back and buried it where no one would find it. Returning to the house he assured Jilene that the situation was taken care of and retrieved his greats word. Now contempt and peaceful once again the bloodied Akalak stepped into the bathhouse where he would cleanse his body. Ah just another day of work Lo'campo spoke as he submerged his head under the soothing waters to achieve relaxation.
Last edited by Lo'campo on October 10th, 2014, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Just another day of work

Postby Avarice on September 24th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Succumb to Your Desires
Lo'campo :
Skills:
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Weapon: Lakan +1
  • Observation +1
Loot:
  • N/A
Consequences:
  • Facial Bruising: Due to the severe blows to the face, Lo'campo will have painful bruises that will persist for a total of three weeks. (Fully healed 21st of Fall).
  • Leg Larceration: The cut upon Lo'campo's will take a total of two weeks to fully scab over and scar. This injury will impair movement due to soreness until the healing duration has passed. (Fully healed 13th of Fall).
  • Due to the brutality displayed in front of a child, the orphans of the Sunset Quarters will be hesitant to approach Lo'campo from this point out of fear. Some will refer to him as a "Monster."
Lores:
  • The Pain of Fulfilling One's Duty
  • Slaying a Fellow Akalak
  • Losing One's Self to the Thrill of Battle

Comments :
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM. Furthermore, please edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade. Thank you! :D
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)