A Chance Meeting (Nehsmay)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Nidassasyae on October 15th, 2010, 7:07 am

"That would be wonderful Lady- err Nehsmay." Nidassasyae smiled sheepishly at the mistake, "Thank you for all the kindness you've shown me."

"Well, it's true!" said Nidae. "Until now, I've never seen one of your people, only heard of you in stories."

"First of fall... that means... " Nidassasyae paused for a long moment, trying to do the simple math. She couldn't count very far, and used her fingers. "Around two moons."

Nidae glanced at Nehsmay with a quizzical expression. "What use is there? Crying won't help my family, nor will hitting a tree." Her eyes turned dark with anger, and her knuckles turned white as she gripped the long carven shaft of her spear. "I can only hope that I find them, there's nothing else I can do. Only when my family is safe and my muzzle red with the men's blood will I be satisfied."

Nidassasyae's eyes widened in realization of what she had just said aloud. "I- I'm sorry," she whispered, putting her head in her hands and starting to weep.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Nehsmay on October 15th, 2010, 7:17 am

"There's nothing to thank me for. I'm sure you would have done the same had I been in your shoes." Nehsmay grinned and added "Well to tell you the truth I only heard about Kelvics in stories as well before I met Shade so that makes two of us."

Nehsmay paused and frowned "Two moons from now, huh? My birthday is about a moon from now. We'll have celebrating to do." Nehsmay smiled with excitement, but sobered up rapidly.

Seeing Nidae get angry made Nehsmay feel better. If the Kelvic felt anger, she didn't shut down completely in a pillar of ice, burring her feelings deep within. The Vantha couldn't even image what would be like to see your life stolen away before your very eyes.

"It's ok. I understand..." she said softly as Nidae started weeping. "It'll be ok, we'll find them and you'll get your revenge. I'll make sure of it... I'll help you." she whispered soothingly trying to reassure her crying companion.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on October 15th, 2010, 8:16 am

Nidassasyae's sobbing went on for a few more mintues, then began to stop. Hicupping, she wiped her teary eyes with her sleeve. "Th-thank you," hiccuped the kelvic. Deciding that, though Nehsmay was right and crying did help, she'd had enough of feeling helpless for the day. She bit her lower lip to keep herself from crying more, Her pointed canines drawing a bead of blood.

Struggling, the young girl stood, her legs wobbling unsteadily beneath her. She reached slowly for her pack, almost falling on her face in the process. Inserting her will over her weak body, Nidae dug her feet into the snow, righting herself. She slung her pack over her shoulder, and picked up her spear. "Where were you heading to?" she would ask Nehsmay, her body kept upright only by sheer will.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Nehsmay on October 15th, 2010, 8:29 am

"I was going into the wilderness, but that's no place for you at the moment." Nehsmay said with worry "You're dead on your feet. We're going back to Avanthal, to my Hold where you'll get some food and rest." She grabbed Shade's reins and led him close to Nidae so she could lean on him. "If you're able to, try to climb on Shade's back, he'll carry you carefully though he's just a silly colt." She smiled at her horse and petted him. "Right, boy?"

Shade neighed and nodded his head towards her mistress than bent his legs a bit so Nidae could climb on his back easier.

"If you can't, lean on him and he'll walk really slow. We're a few minutes from Avanthal and once we get there we shouldn't have any more problems. Here we are outside the city and wolves sometimes venture close by so it's best if we are on our way. Your wound might attract their attention." Nehsmay glanced at the Kelvic's pack and asked. "Would you like me to carry that? You're barely carrying yourself as it is, no need to burden yourself unnecessarily."

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on October 15th, 2010, 8:59 am

Nidassasyae looked up at the horse skeptically. She might be able to climb onto that thing's back... but she wasn't too sure she wanted to. "I think I'll manage just leaning on him," she said, gingerly leaning against the horse. When Shade neighed, she flinched, almost falling back into the snow. With a grim expression, she stared straight into the horse's eyes, and blew into his nose, introducing herself. "You're a fine steed Mr. Shade, but I think I'll do just fine with both my feet on the ground," she said, after they had been properly acquainted.

"It's okay, I've carried this thing for two moons, I think I'll be able to make it to this city of yours," smiled Nidae, leaning heavily against Shade. She walked along the path, focusing on putting one foot in front of the other, until she saw a large shadow on the ground in front of her. Looking up, she gasped in wonder and amazement. The walls of Avanthal stood before her, their opaque surface showing only a hint of what could be found inside. They seemed made of ice to the young kelvic, who wondered how such a monument could not melt with each rising of the sun.

She turned to Nehsmay, a look excitement on her face. "Is this Avanthal?" she asked, never having seen anything so large or glorious.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Nehsmay on October 15th, 2010, 9:09 am

Nehsmay snickered seeing the exchange between her horse and Nidae. Perhaps it was better Nidae chose to walk next to Shade, who knew what the silly colt would do upon seeing himself back home so soon.

"Yeah, that's Avanthal. Home sweet home." She said proudly and walked towards the gates "Here a weary traveler can find a friendly environment, a good story, a tasty meal and a place to rest." She said mostly to herself then added "And I'm leaving it soon..." With a sigh she turned towards Nidae and her colt.

"I'll leave the city a day after my birthday. From then on I will have two years to travel around Mizahar and come back home. Your family is somewhere out there. If you want to join me in my travels you are most welcome. I promised I would help you find them and what better way that traveling?" Nehsmay asked and muttered "Who knows, maybe I'll even meet Shade again."

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on October 15th, 2010, 9:38 am

Nidassasyae's eyes didn't leave the walls of the city, the young kelvic was totally awestruck by the sheer size and beauty of the glistening icy walls. She barely heard Nehsmay's soft comment to herself, and turned her attention to the vantha rather than the city.

Nidae listened to Nehsmay, her eyes lighting up when the vantha said that she could accompany her. "Thank you again Nehsmay. I would love to travel with you!" Nidae exclaimed, wincing when she accidentally leaned her wounded shoulder against the horse. Not understanding why Nehsmay was seeking out Shade, Nidae simply nodded, happy to be accompanying the vantha woman on her travels.

She was going on an adventure! Nidae felt giddy with excitement, the heady feeling drowning out the hunger pangs and the dull throb of her wounds. Today was the first day of the rest of her life.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 15th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Character:Nidassasyae
Experience: Wilderness Survival +1, Philosophy +1, Socializing +2
Lore: City of Avanthal, Meeting People from Legends

Character: Nehsmay
Experience: Socializing +3, Horsemanship +1
Lore: Helping People in Need, No Fear When a Creature Needs Help

Additional Note: First of all I want to give props to Nidae for not acting as though her character knew everything. It is very nice to see when a player knows enough to make their character a little ignorant. Not every character knows everything and it is good to see that you see that :) Nehs, I think it is so cool that you find another snow leopard Kelvic to hang out with. Feel free to PM me if you feel you deserve more XP. I really liked this thread. Well done girls!
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous