Solo Lessons gone wrong

An unexpected guest arrives to Lo'ampo's door, and his life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Lessons gone wrong

Postby Lo'campo on September 29th, 2014, 12:55 am

Sunberth, 64, Fall 514 A.V

Lo'campo lay in bed resting his body from a hard morning of personal work fixing on the building. It wasn't much, he didn't want to push his body too hard considering that it was still recovering from the past abuse that he put it through, so his morning consisted of sweeping, mopping, and dusting the Sunset Quarter from top to bottom. He snickered at himself. He, an Akalak warrior doing house work, the thought humored him as he let out a yawn, stretching his body and popping his ever so tense joints. He didn't know what he was going to do for the day, he did know however that he would not fight unless it was to do his job, and he would not do anything to injure his body. It was a small oath he had made for the day, to relax and loosen up. The sun shined through his window slowly warming his skin making it the perfect temperature when mixed with the coolness of the room. There was a knock on his door that made him lift his head in confusion, wondering who would possibly want him today, and hoping that it wasn't Jilene or someone trying to get him to work. This was actually the one day that he wasn't going to kill anything though a piece of him still wanted to. There was silence for a few moments, leading him to think that they had the wrong room until another knock came confirming that they wanted him.

Giving a grunt, Lo'campo sat up in bed and made his way to the door. The unknown visitor gave another knock at the door now making him agitated. Taking a deep breath and trying to stay calm, he attempted a smile and opened the door as if he was happy to have a visitor. There was a woman on the other side. Looking down at the lady, he would have to guess that she was around 5'10 if not less. She had blue deep set eyes that had an alluring look in them and long blonde hair that showed to be never cut by it's flowing length coming down a smidgen past her lower back. She wore a blouse and pants that showed off her curves with stockings and shoes on her feet and a scarf which he didn't understand seeing that the sun was shining down on Sunberth at the moment. She had on no makeup showing on her natural glowing face that seemed to make her more beautiful. Having a closer look, Lo'campo could see scale like skin on her body and face. Well she wasn't human, that was for sure, unless she was using some sort of magic. The real question was, why was she here? The woman smiled showing her perfect white teeth, and spoke a language that the Akalak didn't understand. She continued to talk in her language, her voice sound smooth and happy, and Lo'campo listened to every word which he didn't understand until she cheerfully stopped. "You are very pretty, but I have no use for a prostitute. You can go home." That being said, Lo'campo shut the door in the woman's face and began to travel back to his bed.

He was caught off guard by the sound of the door slamming against the wall. He quickly turned around to see the woman once again only looking more angry and upset then happy and pleasant. " Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo, how dare you treat your elder sister like that, and why have you been not practicing your Kontinese?" Lo'campo turned around, looking at the female in confusion. "Minerva?" he asked looking the woman up and down, now realizing small features from when they were children, her attitude being one of them. Minerva was in the room now walking up to the blue giant as if she weren't shorter than he."And, why are these children referring to you as a "monster"? Are you harming them?" His mind as absent, rambling with his own questions. "Note to self, do not let Minerva meet Fallon." Lo'campo put the mental note in his mind. Stopping her before his brain overloaded from all her questions Lo'campo wanted to first understand why after over 40 years did she now seek him out.

"Is something wrong?"

"No"

"Do you need money?"

"Of course not."

"Then...Why are you here? Where have you been?"

The two sat on the bed as Minerva began to explain how when she was ten years of age and he five, she moved to the Konti Isle with her mother's sister. "Even though I wasn't there, I still kept track of how old you were, and what age you would have your "Proving that you are a man" events. I was gonna visit you on your 32nd birthday, but when I got there father had said that you had moved out somewhere." "So why did it take you so long to find me?" Lo'campo asked now interested in his sister's story. Well sir, even though you are a big blue mass, you are very hard to track down. Iv'e been to just about everywhere between riverfall and Syliras looking for you. I even went back home guessing that...you had died....But I remembered how you talked about going to the land of thieves and turning it good like the stories that dad used to tell us, so I moved on a hunch and after asking a few people, here I am. So how has life been treating you?" Lo'campo paused. What was he susposed to tell her?That the only reason he moved to Sunberth was to kill people with a criminal record so that he couldn't get in trouble by the law that they don't have? That he had a job that he used as an excuse to kill people? He hesitated for a chime, consulting his conscious before answering. "I have a job, I..guard this building from anyone that may try to harm it or it's tenants, umm I also go around and...rub out criminals through outside the city. Hehe" That was good, it wasn't a lie at least. That was an "appropriate" way of putting things. The expression on Minerva's face made him nervous. It was like she could tell that he was not telling the truth.

"Then why did those cute little kids cry when I asked them why'd they call you a monster?" Petch she was already a step ahead of him. He didn't want to lie to his older sister, especially since this was the first time they have ever seen each other in years. This was their first adult conversation, and he didn't want to start their relationship on bad terms. Letting out a sigh, the Akalak looked his sister in the eye. Why do you have to ask so many questions?"

"Why can't you just answer my question? She snapped back. He was shocked at the small woman's boldness. "If I told you, you probably wouldn't want to be here with me." He spoke again trying not to be forced to tell the truth. "Try me." Minerva answered now crossing her arms and giving a smile. Looking at her Lo'campo took a deep breath and spoke the truth. He told his sister about how he'd been killing since the first day he stepped foot on Sunberth, how he had gotten in many fights and killing his opponents in the end. Minerva sat and listened in an understanding and disturbed position though she kept her composure. "I know, well I knew that you killed, I didn't know all of the details." she asked putting her hand on his shoulder. Lo'campo looked up to his sister confused now more than ever. Seeing this, she went to explain further on here visit to Riverfall saying that she was filled in on their father on the stunt that Lo'campo pulled many years ago. "I only wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. Now that we got all of that settled, I told the children that to show them that you are not a monster, you were going to teach them something cool." Once again confused, Lo'campo felt as his hand was pulled forward and led out the door by his older sister.
Last edited by Lo'campo on October 2nd, 2014, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Lessons gone wrong

Postby Lo'campo on October 2nd, 2014, 5:31 am

From within the house and out to the yard is where he traveled, coming upon an mid sized group of orphans that played happily until he showed up,then giving him a fearful look, some even backed away, others thought of running. He could see it in their faces. He was a monster to them, and he didn't blame them. Maybe it would make them less reckless and behave properly "Its ok, even though he is ugly, he is really a nice giant. Right Mr.Campo?". He cringed at the name. Mr. Campo was his father, his name was Lo'campo or Lo' for short, but to please Minerva and to get back on the orphan's good sides, he gave a forced smile to show that he was happy to be with the children. "Ok guys, I understand that some of you think that I am a monster, well I am not....My job is to protect you all, and to do so, I may have to do things that may seem bad. He was nervous as petch. The sweat dripping from his forehead formed rivers down his face. He wasn't the one to give speeches nor socialize with others, he was surprised no one ran screaming yet."Uh, this is your home, my home, our home, and we can protect it together. I am not a monster. Thankyou."

With that being said he brought his hands together and slowly backed away into his elder sister who pushed him forward out into the children who still sat in fear and boredom. Petch, why did he have to go through with this. Looking back to Minerva who flapped her hands signalling him to continue, he turned back to the children now playing to entertain themselves. "Ok, I am going to teach you guys something new today. Is there anything you would like to learn?". The children ignored the Akalak, now in their own worlds enjoying the outdoors. He tried to speak again, but the loud laughter drowned out his now soft toned voice. Now he was irritated. He watched as the children played continuing to pretend that he was invisible to them. Lo'campo felt hi temper growing. "Stay calm, they are children. They don't know any better. Stay calm. Seeing there was no chance of him being heard, he took a seat, relieved that Minerva was preoccupied with some of the children, and not noticing him taking a break. A cool breeze traveled through cooling his blue skin. Closing his eyes and crossing his ankles, he relaxed in an attempt to enjoy the rest of his day.

"Lo'campo! Lo'campo!. The blue giant opened his eyes to Minerva yelling in his face. At first he didn't know what she was talking about. Something about a tree, what is wrong with the tree? Following her finger that pointed to the tall tree that sat in the yard, his eyes moved upward to a child caught by his shirt on a branch clutching the bark for his life. What the petch. Now up and aware, Lo'campo stood on his feet listening to the story behind the child's unlucky fate. "Ok so he was dared to go up, why can't he come back down?" "Because he is stuck on a branch. Come on Lo'campo, this is your chance to show them that you are not a monster." Lo'campo knew what she was doing. She was trying to get him to agree to it so he wouldn't have time to think about going to fetch the child. Examining the height of the timber, Lo'campo tried to guess how high he would have to go. "Nope" Lo'campo said as he turned around and went into the house leaving the child to figure out how to get himself down. Snapping back to reality and watching his mental picture fade away, he figured that he would have to get the child down before Jilene got word.

Approaching the tree and jumping to catch the nearest limb, He pulled himself up and atop of it.Slowly standing up, he caught his balance. All he had to do was not look down, only up. Gripping his hand on the next branch, he proceeded to pull again. This was easier than he thought as he began to pull himself only to hear a light crackling sound. He knew what was to come next, quickly backtracking to the last branch he watched as the limb fell to the ground. He would have to watch where he went. Trying on a different approach, the warrior wrapped his arms around the trunk, trying to pull himself up. He could feel the wood poking at his arms and legs through his robe which made the climb much more uncomfortable. He was halfway there now with more climbing to go. The branches were stronger the higher up it seemed, so Lo'campo didn't second guess to step on one, gradually moving up into the air. He was out of breath now regretting that he didn't walk away when he had the chance. "You can do it Lo'campo, just don't look down." He heard Minerva's voice call out which made him look down showing him how far up he actually was and placing a bit of fear and uneasiness upon him. He really wasn't a fan of not being on the ground. It was the being out off element that messed with him. Now burdened with the pressure of falling to his death, Lo'campo slowly climbed the tree, using all of his body parts to manage his stiff movement. Now to his destination, Lo'campo reached his arm out first trying to unhook the child's shirt from the tree to no avail. Seeing that it would need to be handled by force, Lo'campo preceded to vigorously pull the child while shaking the branch. He tried to concentrate as the little on cried out of fear. Putting more muscle into it, everything stopped when a loud snap filled the air. The child had stopped crying, and Lo'campo's muscles tense. Another crack, looking at the tree, he could see where the combined weight of the two was too much for the limbs to hold. Looking back down at the ground below, he tried to guess on the distance from where he was and home sweet home. Moving under pressure, the Akalak swiftly balanced himself long enough to give a deep cut into the branch the child was on before having to return to his original position. All in one move, he gave a tug. Snapping the branch that had the child and bringing them close to his body as they fell through the tree with the branches to brake their fall. Bracing for impact, Lo'campo was glad that he landed back on the ground where he belonged. Taking a stand, he gave the child to Minerva who cared and cleaned them up. He was going to go inside, to enjoy his relaxing day. Pushing through orphans who wanted to learn how to be as tough as he, Lo'campo couldn't help but smile. Maybe he wasn't the monster anymore. Getting a wink of approval from his elder sibling, he walked into the building to finally relax.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Lessons gone wrong

Postby Avarice on October 21st, 2014, 6:25 pm

Lo'campo

Skill Points
Housekeeping +1
Observation +2
Socialization +2
Rhetoric +2
Meditation +1
Climbing +1
Acrobatics +1
Lore
Minerva: My Beautiful Sister
A Surprise Visit From Family
I Speak the Truth...Technically
The Children Call Me Monster
Minerva Sees the Best in Me
I am not a Fan of Heights
Maybe I'm not a Monster after all

Stuff?
Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • Bruised Ribs: Due to his fall, Lo'campo will suffer from bruised ribs. This will result in a slight difficulty breathing and pronounced soreness whilst moving. It will take a total of three weeks for this injury to heal. (Fall 85, 514 AV)
Comments

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM. Also, please edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade. Thank you.
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)