Closed [Bronze Woods] Night in the Woods (Garland)

Morgan meets Garland on their previous meeting place and they spend a night in the woods together while having a little heart to heart.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Night in the Woods (Garland)

Postby Morgan on October 8th, 2014, 7:22 am

Morgan came back near their fire and looked at the tent that Garland had managed to set up while she was working on the snare. She smiled slightly at him. "Hey, good job!" She observed the tent. It looked a little shabby, but it seemed like it would hold on for the night.

Morgan yawned. She was really getting tired. She didn't sleep well last night, which was quite usual for her, she needed to spend some time outdoors at night in her animal form, but she couldn't fall asleep during the day today either and all she wanted now was to curl up somewhere. The hunger wasn't helping at all and she started feeling a bit cranky. She sighed after the Squire's question. "I...ah...sorry Garland, I'm really tired and I don't feel like running through the forest and hunting right now. You can go if you want. I'll guard the fire."

She plopped down on the grass near the fire and gazed into it, yawning from time to time.

OOCSorry it's so short, I just wanted to post something at least.
*** Current thread count: 4/5 ***
OOC Timezone: GMT +1, November word count: 3658
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Words: 31873
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2014, 9:45 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 8th, 2014, 10:29 am

Garland nodded. He would probably go to the lake, maybe a few animals are there drinking some water. He grabbed a blanket and gave it to Morgan. "Are you going to sleep in animal form?" He asked before grabbing his bow and arrows.

He tested the strength of the bow, pulling it back to his chest, and then released it. He stopped to think. "So... When do want to learn how to fight?" He asked before shaking his head. "Never mind, we'll do it later if you want, but you should get some rest first."

He gave a small smile and rubbed Morgan's head like one would a pet,she was like a half pet half friend. He had always wanted a pet, but he would never say she's like a pet.

oocits fine, dude, bro, friend... Yeah friend works.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Morgan on October 8th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Morgan tossed a few pieces of wood into the fire, as it seemed to her that it was dying out. 'That's better,' she thought as the the fire began licking the branch and got stronger. She rubbed her hands together to warm them. She looked up at the sky. It was dark blue at the moment, the sun was behind the horizon, but the moon wasn't yet visible and no stars. Morgan sighed. She liked watching stars.

She looked into the fire and yawned again, then she turned to Garland with sleepy eyes. She spoke with hushed tones. "Yes, we should probably go to sleep soon. Or at least I will. No dinner tonight, I'm afraid, but let's hope that by morning our snare will catch us a breakfast." She smiled and stood up, shaking her hands and legs, to get some feeling into them.

She looked up at the trees and then at the tent, suddenly looking rather uncomfortable. "Do you think that the tent is big enough for us both? I can climb up and sleep on a tree." Her cheeks reddened. She hope he didn't notice that. The Kelvic didn't want to admit that she was uncomfortable sharing the tent with, well, a man. She only just met him today, but on the other hand sleeping on a tree in this cold weather would surely be very uncomfortable.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 8th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Garland looked up to the sky, it was starting to get dark. He placed the bow and quiver along with his other sets of equipment, in a neat pile next to the tent. Hunting now would be just crazy, he wouldn't find anything, be it bush full of berries or wild animal, he wouldn't be able to see it even if it was right in his face.

He sat down beside Morgan, trying to warm up his hands. "Alright, I guess I can sleep outside if you want, or if it makes you feel any better, I can try to sleep on one corner of the tent... Or you could sleep in your animal form." He suggested and went a bit closer to the fire, trying to warm himself up, it was starting to get colder tonight.

"If only I could understand you when you're in animal form, it would be much easier on you. I mean, warm fur all over your body must feel very nice." He stopped, was that offensive to her? Like fur coats, or other fur products? He didn't want to offend her. Though he felt a bit more open with her, being of same origin and all.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 11th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Morgan watched sleepily, as Garland put away his weapons and other equipment. It was clear that he would not be doing any hunting today. It was getting dark, so going out and trying to catch something would be foolish. The man didn't have such good eyes as her in her panda form.

She put her hands in the pockets of her pants. "Well, I could sleep in my animal form, but that way I wouldn't be able to talk to you. At least for a while." She said, looking away from him, as if shy. Throughout the time they spent together, she grew more and more curious about his life. Especially his life in the orphanage and how he became the Squire. And in return, she would share some pieces of her story.

The growing darkness gave her courage somehow and the evening sounds, the silence of the forest and the soft sounds of animals gave away the impression of some kind of intimacy, so to Morgan it seemed like a perfect time for sharing secrets and life stories. People did that, right? And the fact that Garland grew up in the same environment, or at least he said so, would make things easier. Maybe, she could really be good friends with this Squire.

Finally, she made up her mind. "I’ll sleep in the tent too. If you don’t mind, that is." She added quickly.
Last edited by Morgan on October 12th, 2014, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 11th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Everything felt right, the silence, and muted noises of the forest blended perfectly with the moment, he was always fascinated Kelvics and how they change. He had wanted to talk to Morgan before, but she always seemed to disappear everyday. Maybe he could tell his stupid secret to her. He didn't understand why he wanted to keep it a secret, it was probably pride, and maybe a bit of shame.

He wanted to talk with Morgan a bit, to get to know her, but she seemed really tired right now, so maybe it was best for them to rest. "I don't mind, but uhh... If its alright with you... Do you want to talk for a bit before going to bed. I know you must be tired and hungry, and I understand if you want to hit the hay, but... It doesn't hurt to ask, right?" He said, sounding like a bit jittery. "I wanted to know more about you."

He blushed a bit, it sounded so cheesy that his cheeks burned a little red, he wasn't embarrassed because he likes her, he was embarrassed because he unknowingly used one of the oldest and cheesiest pick up lines out there. He moved closer to the fire, it was still cold for him. He wished he had brought more blankets for the two of them.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 12th, 2014, 11:24 am

The tent looked welcoming, while the night drew near and darkness nearly swallowed everything. Their small fire still crackled happily, casting light and shadows on the area and although it died down a little, she could still fee its pleasant warmth, but Morgan thought that if she spend only a little while longer gazing into it, she would be asleep in a few seconds. The flickering of the flames was hypnotising.

She seemed not to notice anything strange at Garland's words. She smiled at him, although she doubted he would notice in the dark. "Yes, I want to know more about you too." she said honestly. "If you don't really mind me sleeping in your tent, I will go to bed. But we can talk for a little while if you don't feel too tired."

She made a few uncertain steps toward the tent, grabbing her backpack on the way, crouched down, looked back at Garland and entered the tent, where she threw down the backpack and flopped herself down. It was small, but they could both fit inside well. She scooted to the left side of the tent and waited for her companion.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 12th, 2014, 12:05 pm

The fire was dying out a bit, he grabbed a few dried leaves and threw them into the fire. He grabbed his blanket and the only bedroll he brought. "Do you want the bedroll?" He asked and followed her to the tent. He had to admit, he was proud that the tent didn't collapse this time. It felt roomy, with only the two of them. He went into the tent and spread out a blanket on the right side. He lied down on the blanket, and dropped the bedroll between them.

He took a deep breath. Looks like this was the time to talk. "I wanted to ask how was your experience in the orphanage... Mine was... Well... It had its fun times and down times. "

He sat up, wondering whether or not to put out the fire outside, it could spread to the forest, but the fire might ward off any monsters that think they could take their food, which they don't have.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 29th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Morgan accepted Garland's bedroll with thankful smile. Then she made herself comfortable on it, while Garland went away to tend to the fire, she stretched on the bedroll, put he hands behind her head and she gazed at the ceiling of the tent, which was few inches above her head.

She looked at Garland, when he came in again. The fire was burning in full force now that he put more wood in. It was pleasant.

She watched in silence as he lay down and then he began asking questions. She shrugged and continued to stare at the ceiling. "Well, it wasn't very nice. I was there for....not even a year...but still. The kids could be cruel. I didn't have any friends. There was this gang of older boys and they often made fun of others and they pulled pranks on the other kids. Sometimes the pranks were cruel. I learned a lot from them." She smirked. "I was their favourite target, you know. So I learned to laugh it off and return the pranks."

She yawned, closed her eyes and pulled the blanket closer to her. "Don't even know who my parents were. Do you?" She asked quietly after a moment.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 29th, 2014, 1:28 pm

He gave a small smile. He sighed when she had told the story. "I know the bullies, I was one of their regular targets... You learned to just laugh and let it go... I was... A bit more active than that. I fought back, I got in trouble after that, broke a lot of bones and arms, I can't say I'm proud of it, but it did teach me how to fight and protect, so I got that going for me, I guess..." He looked at Morgan with a small sigh. "Sorry I couldn't be there to help you." He apologized sincerely, he turned back to the ceiling of their little tent together.

He brightened up a bit when she mentioned something about parents, it was forced but he had tricked himself to be happy whenever the topic was brought up, but it soon turned back to the regular sober tone from earlier. "They're dead, they died trying to get to Syliras. Bandits, they said. I heard my father was a strong fighter, and mother was a very skilled thief. Anyway, my family is my friends and the knights now. Everyday I would think how they treated the world, what their personalities were... And I wonder if they would be proud of me... Then I just stop and decided to be proud of myself, I'll do everything that would make myself proud, and help anyone, so that they would be proud of me."

He gave a tiny smile, listening to the soft crackle of the fire and the silent chirping of the bugs and animals of the night. He enjoyed the small silence with the nice company he had, and the warmth was really comfortable.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext