Closed [Bronze Woods] Night in the Woods (Garland)

Morgan meets Garland on their previous meeting place and they spend a night in the woods together while having a little heart to heart.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Night in the Woods (Garland)

Postby Morgan on October 2nd, 2014, 9:23 am

10th Day of Fall, 514 AV, 17th Bell

When Morgan left Garland tend to the fire that he had made earlier and maybe figure out the tent, she hurried to the place where she always left her backpack with clothes and other things, nearly tripping several times. She was still wearing the borrowed coat and she regretted not returning it to Garland. That way she could shift into her animal form and run there much quickly.

She finally reached the place. There was a small dirty pond and on the left stood a boulder, under which was a small opening. She reached inside and pulled out small leather backpack. Morgan opened it and shrugged off the borrowed cloak. She set the cloak on the ground next to her and took out her green shirt and black pants from the backpack, which she put on immediately and threw her cloak around herself, because it was getting cold, although it had been very hot during the day. Then she put on her boots and stuck Garland’s cloak in the backpack.

Finally fully clothed, she hooked the backpack’s straps on one of her shoulders and began her trip back.

She went slowly this time, thinking. The Kelvic was thinking about the Squire she had met. She was happy in a way that she met someone, who has been through the same as her. What happened to his parents? How was his life in the orphanage? Was it the same as hers or better? She had spent there only a short time, but still she was happy to be out. The children weren't exactly nice to her and the carers didn't understand her.

With these thoughts circling her mind, she realised that she was a few feet away from the place where had stood their camp fire, its light already flickering through the trees.

“Garland?” she called out with hushed voice. “It's me. I'm back.”
Last edited by Morgan on October 4th, 2014, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** Current thread count: 4/5 ***
OOC Timezone: GMT +1, November word count: 3658
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Words: 31873
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2014, 9:45 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 2nd, 2014, 11:01 am

Garland had tangled himself in the tent he had brought. "Help. I'm stuck." The young squire had tried setting up the tent, everything looked good then he tried going inside, then it feel down on top of him, he panicked, and pretty much tangled himself up in the tent, but his head was poking out. "Looking good, Morgan."

He looked rather pathetic, but adorable at the same time, being rolled up in the tent like cat wrapped up in yarn. He tried wiggling out but it only made it worse. "As you can see. I'm a bit stuck." He looked at her backpack. "Please tell me you have some food in there, Morgan." He looked at the large flame. "Looks good, its still going strong." He wiggled away from the flame. The last thing he needed was to be on fire again.

He wiggled closer to Morgan. Hoping for her to help him. "Help please." He gave puppy dogs in hopes that she wouldn't leave him like this for a few chimes like he would have done if she was stuck. Just for a few giggles.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Morgan on October 4th, 2014, 8:53 am

The view that had opened efore her was priceless. Garland was apparently trying to set up the tent, but got somehow tangled in all the strings and fabric. Morgan laughed, set her backpack on the ground near one of the trees and went forward to help the Squire.

"How did you manage that?" she still chuckled, ignoring the comment about her looks, as she squatted beside him and began tugging on the ropes that had looped around his body. Some of them were wrapped quite tightly around him. She shook her head. That was one clumsy Squire. It was a wonder that he didn't harm himself while on duty.

She finally managed to get the tangle of ropes off him and stood up. At his question about food, she glanced at her backpack, which was rather empty and smiled. "Hungry, are you? Well, me too, but no, I don’t have any food. We should probably try to catch something. I have my hunting kit with me. We can set a trap for some small animal if you want." She shrugged, then went over to her backpack and began rummaging through it.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 4th, 2014, 10:27 am

Garland snorted at her. "Just a very unlucky happening, and could you please not mention it to anyone, that would be great." He laughed and got up. The armor would not be good for hunting, so he decided to remove it.

He took off his vambraces off first, then his gauntlets. He placed them down next to his rucksack. He turned to Morgan. "I have no idea how to hunt." He looked back to himself and unstraped his chest plate. He took off his boots.

"Uhhh Morgan? Could you... You know?" He motioned her to turn around, while he was going to remove his leggings. Even though he was wearing pants under them, it still felt awkward. He looked at Morgan, he was actually surprised how good she looked with her clothes on. Not to say she wasn't attractive without her clothes on, but this seemed more presentable.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 4th, 2014, 5:38 pm

The Kelvic snorted at Garland’s concern about his reputation. “Don’t worry.” She wasn’t really going to tell anybody. Why would she do that? She had no reason.

She continued to search through her backpack. “Well, I’m a newbie hunter, but I also know little about hunting and trapping. But we have to try, if we don’t want to be hungry.” Morgan muttered, while she fished out her Hunting kit from her backpack and settled it on the ground. She bought the toolkit earlier this season, but she didn’t really look at what was inside until now. She opened it and peered inside. ‘Ok, so what do we have here? Snares…rope… scents…no idea how to use these….a knife….’ She thought for a moment, looking and the items in the toolkit. They could either try to catch something, or set up a snare somewhere nearby and wait.

She took out one of the small snares and looked at Garland, looking unsure. “So what do you think? Should we use this? Or we could catch something, but the only weapon I have is a hunting knife.” She looked the items, unsure what to do. She truly hoped that Garland would have more experience with hunting than her. But in any case they had to solve this problem if they wanted some dinner today and she was so hungry. What's more, she didn't want to crawl back to the city like some loser who couldn't even catch a bird or a rabbit at least.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 4th, 2014, 6:24 pm

He looked at the snare and the knife. They could probably make a simple trap for maybe a rabbit, he looked at his bow and his quiver of arrows.

"I probably wouldn't find anything, if I tried to hunt. I can't even track..." He had some warm pants, his shirt and he took out his jacket. He would let Morgan keep his coat until they get back to the city. The best thing to do was to probably put up the trap somewhere close.

The best would downwind from their camp... Or was it upwind? They should place it where their scent wouldn't be so strong. "Let's set up the trap. Or should I set up the trap and you set up the tent?" He asked, remembering what happened the last time he tried to set up the tent.

"Alright, we could probably find some berries if we really need to. I do know a bit of herbology from my friend. Though we might still need to be extra careful about that." He said, he was familiar with a few of the plants here, but he was still fairly inexperienced with plants and herbs.

He remembered that there should be a lake nearby as well, but without any fishing equipment, it was out of the question.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 5th, 2014, 7:54 am

Morgan continued to dubiously observe the items displayed on the ground before her and Garland. The decision was difficult and she wasn’t usually the one to make it. Somebody else usually decided for her. After a moment, she said slowly, as if suddenly uncertain of herself. “I think we could set up the snare somewhere nearby. And,” she took a breath. “At the same time we could search for some berries in case we don’t catch any meat. What do you think?” She looked at the Squire, looking like a child waiting for an approval from an adult.

She eyed the Squire's bow, but she noticed that he had only a few arrows in the quiver, so it would not be a good idea to waste them in case he missed. Morgan wondered how good he was with the weapon but since he didn’t offer to shoot something, she thought that maybe he wasn’t that good at it.

What a pair they were! She almost laughed out loud. A hunter, who can barely hunt and a Squire with the same atrocious level of knowledge as herself. But at least he could fight in case something attacked them. The Kelvic was starting to think that maybe this overnight camping was not a very good idea.

Morgan stood up, the snare in her hand. It looked like a little noose made from a wire. “So, where should we put it? We need some branch or a twig to which we have to tie the end of the snare, so that the animal doesn’t run away with the snare around its neck. And after that, we need to camouflage the snare.” She explained. To a person who had never done this before, Morgan might sound like a skilled person, but the thing she just explained was all she knew.

She made several steps, crouched down and looked around carefully, as if analysing the landscape and then pointed to a large fallen branch, under which was a small gap. Around were low bushes. The place was a good twenty feet away from their fire, so it would be far enough not to hopefully drive away the animals. "What do you think?" She whispered to Garland.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 5th, 2014, 11:11 am

Morgan pointed to a gap a few feet away, it seemed as good as any. "A few low branches could help with the snare." He carefully made his way towards the spot, it seemed like a good place, he tried not to disturb the area. "Looks good, you should set up around here... I'll try to fix the tent again."

He gave a small giggle, when he made it back to camp. It was in complete disarray, they must have looked like quite a pair, a Kelvic who doesn't know much of the wilderness and a squire that knows even less and will most likely get stuck in the tent again.

He took the tent and the tent poles. He made sure the tent was away from the fire they had painstakingly created. He planted the tent poles firmly on the ground this time. Last time he didn't properly planted the two tent poles.

He looked through his rucksack again. There was his water bottle. A small knife, a few cloths for cleaning if needed. And... Lipstick? Why was this here? There must be something here to help with finding food...

He took out an old carrot, it wasn't moldy, but it didn't look fit for human consumption. He wondered who used this rucksack before he borrowed it.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Morgan on October 6th, 2014, 7:33 am

The red-head stood up and turned back to Garland. "I’ll go and set up the snare." She smiled and then walked slowly toward the place, where she planned to set up the snare.

The snare was only a piece of thin metal wire formed into a shape of a loop with a wire coming from one end, so that it could be tied to something.

The Kelvic crouched down. She tried to create an image in her mind. There was a gap between the small thick bushes. Above the gap was a thin fallen branch. She tried its strength. Yes, it should hold a small animal well. If she tied the end of the snare to the branch and lowered the loop down, so that the loop circled around the gap, the animal going through this gap should be captured by the loop, which would tighten around the animal’s body.

She then began working. The branch was thin but strong, so Morgan was able to tie the wire around it very well. When she was finished, she tugged on the wire. The branch swayed a little, but the snare held. Morgan smiled victoriously. She made some adjustments to the width of the loop and then she stepped back to observe her work.

It looked well, the wire was barely visible even without camouflage, because it was so thin, but she wanted to make it perfect, so she gathered some small twigs, leaves and grass. She put the clumps of grass around the loop, so that it was hidden and then she began putting the leaves and twigs around randomly. She hoped that it would look naturally.

When she was done, she stood up, wiped her hands on her trousers and looked back to see what Garland was up to. She was so caught up in her work, that she didn't notice whether he was watching her or whether he was working on the tent.
17.11. Full activity!
Morgan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 6th, 2014, 8:46 am

Garland had looked at where Morgan was setting up He didn't see the snare set up, and that means it was hidden quite well. He saw the Kelvic returning back to camp. He looked at the tent he had set up, it looked fine now, albeit a bit dirty from being used to tie him up earlier that day, he was confident that it wasn't going to fall on top of them when they sleep... But confidence and actuality are different things.

He looked at the old carrot, and lipstick, and a few other strange things he found in the rucksack. Mostly girly things, like make-up and some other stuff. He sat down near the fire, he counted his arrows and tested his bow. If they are going out to look for food, they might get lucky and find something.

"Hey Morgan, are you done?" Hr grabbed the carrot. "Do you think this can be used as bait?" He asked, before putting it on the ground. Would trying to fish with a bow doable? He might try later. "I got a dozen arrows, I can try to hunt while we look for berries." He offered the idea, even if he's mostly going to miss his shots, there was a chance somethibg will hit though, and that's all he needed to be convinced about that plan.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next