Completed Checking the touch

Ornea checks up job related things at Touch of Fire

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Checking the touch

Postby Ornea on October 13th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Checking the touch
Timestamp : Day 7 of Fall 514 AV, after noon break
Continues from Warming up for maintenance

The seasonal work thread Fall 514 AV, where Ornea visits Touch of Fire in order to buy additional materials for the work started in the previous thread at Lucis and Lucis. She meets Aska, orders iron bars for Lucis, learns some new things about the smithy shop and agrees to be available for Aska as extra metalsmith on occasion.

Ornea hadn’t been at Touch of Fire before. There hadn’t been time for it. She must admit she was happy Edward had sent her here instead of going himself, because she was quite interested in having a closer look at the smithy and it’s equipment and speak with the people who were working there. They were important business partners to Lucis, if she had understood it right. Blacksmiths ... Ornea wasn’t weak for her gender and size, and she was fully able to do the hard work with cast metal, but blacksmithing required a greater strength. She knew that even if she was theoretically able to learn it and do it, she didn’t really stand a chance to become really good at it.

Touch of Fire was Lhavit's foremost blacksmith. She had been told it was the quintessential stop for anyone desiring a product of metal, particularly steel. But Ornea was there on behalf of Lucis and Lucis, in order to investigate if they could buy iron bars so she and Edward wouldn’t need to waste time on making new bars at Lucis right now.

She entered and came into a showroom. It was full of metal products on display, ranging from the common farmer's tool to the practical and deadly weapons carried by the Shinya. She didn’t get any time to look around though, because a boy in the lower teens turned up to ask her if she was looking to buy something and offered to help her.

“I’m from Lucis and Lucis. I’m here to ask if we can buy some iron bars. “
The boy looked unsure. “Iron bars ... I don’t know ... you need to speak with Aska about it.” He pointed at a door to the right. “He’s in there. “ He pointed nervously at the door and went away without opening it. Ornea took it she could enter the door to the right at her own risk. She pulled it open and stepped into the smaller room behind it. There she stopped, stunned by what she saw. The room showcased a grand collection of a particular type of sword; the Katana. Ornea was neither a blacksmith nor a weaponsmith, but she knew that these swords were difficult to forge and expensive to make.

The woman who had been arranging swords in the room looked up, a bit annoyed. “Haven’t I told you to not come here and disturb me with ...” There she stopped when she saw that it wasn’t the apprentice boy but a customer. “I’m sorry. I thought it was an apprentice. They tend to wander away from their work and forget the deadlines. “She smiled excusingly. “What can I do for you? Are you looking for a weapon? These are the finest Katanas in Lhavit. “The pride in her voice was obvious.

“They are excellent work” Ornea agreed. “I’m a metalsmith myself and I can only say I’m awed by what I see here ... but I’m not looking for a weapon. I work at Lucis. My name is Ornea. Edward Luci sent me here to ask if you by any chance has some spare iron bars to sell to us. We are going to replace a part in one of the waterpumps and found that we don’t have bars enough for the steel.”
A smile spread over Aska’s face. “Lucis? Well, I’m Aska. Lucis is a business partner, and we use to help each other, so of course, we’ll have a look. Come on.”

Ornea followed Aska back to the first room and in behind the it to the laboring area. The amount of space and equipment that filled the room was impressive. Aska small talked a bit while she looked at her stored iron bars a bit and thought. Finally she said: “I can give you some, in the size of half bars. In that case I’ll sell the whole batch of 20 half bars, as it can be best to use the exactly same batch. There’s not much difference between batches of bars, but there can be some small difference. I have sometimes noticed that the quality can be affected, I have learnt a lot of extra things while crafting the katanas you see. “

“It’s interesting” Ornea said. “I’ve never heard about that before, but I guess there could be small differences between batches, in the exact properties of the material... I’ll follow your advice and take the whole batch then. We need them tomorrow. ” She saw no reason to doubt that Aska was sincere. The katanas had been true masterpieces and Ornea had concluded that Aska was a crafter of very good standing, definitely high standing than Ornea herself. Of course she would do as this mastersmith said.

“I’ll send them over tomorrow morning then. And I guess it’s the usual and Edward and I will settle the debts later on?” It seemed like Aska had some kind of agreement with Lucis so Ornea just agreed and said yes. She wasn’t the one who would pay for the materials. She was only an employee.

They went out again, and before Ornea left, Aska took the opportunity to ask her if she might be available as reinforcement at times when Touch of Fire had trouble to meet their deadlines. The deadlines was holy to her, she said, and they could sometimes need an extra metalsmith. This was however hard to find. So perhaps Ornea would maybe be interested in working extra to help them; as she was working at Lucis Aska guessed she must be good enough.

As Ornea was of the opinion that Aska outranked her a bit, she agreed to this. For sure. She would help them if she wasn’t booked at Lucis when they asked. And so the two women parted, with a truly friendly feeling between them. Ornea had found the iron bars Lucis needed, and Aska had found an extra metalsmith to call in if there was trouble with meeting the important production deadlines at Touch of Fire.

Continues in Cast Pump Part
Last edited by Ornea on December 7th, 2014, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Checking the touch

Postby Brandon Blackwing on December 5th, 2014, 9:21 pm

ORNEA

XP:

• Observation +1
  • Socialization +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit: The Touch of Fire
  • Aska Terras: Lucis' bussiness partner and proprietor of the Touch of Fire

Notes:
Well... Since it's just one post, I can't really award much, but I did what I could.

Please remove or edit your post in the request thread.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

credit goes to Adelaide Sitai
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)