PM to join Catch of the Day

Firenze tries to get some food.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on October 21st, 2014, 1:18 am

8 Fall, 514 AV

Firenze walked through the fields north of town, her thoughts strayed to the day before. A smiled crept across her face and she turned it up towards the sun, feeling the rays washing over her face and making her cheeks flush. She held her hands out away from her body a little ways, running her fingers over the tops of the tall grass, feeling the softness tickling her palms as it swayed with the slight breeze.

She needed to get some meat, she hadn't had any luck the day before and she was hoping that she might be able to catch something today. She walked to the same spot under the tree that she had yesterday, deposited her clothes into the hole but made sure to cover them completely and throw a little bit of leaves over it for good measure.

With a flash of orange light, her black sparks flying, she shifted into her animal state. She shook herself, fixing her fur so it would lie comfortably and stretched her long body, working the kinks from her muscles and preparing to catch herself some animals.

Firenze walked through the trees, swishing her tail in anticipation at the unlimited possibilities of animals that she could catch, if she could catch them. She walked for a few chimes, and had yet to spot any animals. Stopping for a moment she sat on the ground and looked around, she couldn't see anything in the immediate area. The birds chirped and twilled their songs to each other, their mates sing-songing in reply. She watched the bright rays of sun peeking through the tree tops shining spot lights on the ground, enunciating the greens and browns of the leaves that scattered the floor of the forest. Looking back up to the tree tops she watched random leaves detach from the branches and drift back and forth in the soft breeze and float down to the ground, joining it's fellow leaves that were quickly becoming food for the bugs and rodents of the forest.

A thought came to Firenze, I wonder if I hold still long enough if the animals would come towards me? I think I might be making too much noise? Fire moved towards a nearby bush and laid down as far underneath it that she could. Time ticked by, 5 chimes... 10... 15 chimes... Firenze sighed and her breath blew some of the leaves in a scuffle away from her nose.

Firenze paused, what was that? Her ears perking trying to focus on the sound she'd heard. Popping her head up slightly, eyes scanning her surroundings, she heard it again. Something was skittering across the leaves. Perking up a little more, she turned her head slowly trying to find the source of the noise. Waiting a few ticks she heard it again. A squirrel scampered in her vision, stopped, fiddled with something under a pile of dead leaves, skittered closer to where Fire was crouched and stopped again. It's attention on a plump looking nut, Fire moved her body up slowly, tensing her muscles. The energy in her hind legs causing her rear end to sway slightly, her eyes dilating trying to bring in more light to help her focus on the small animal. Fire prepared herself and made a small prayer, Caiyha please let me catch this squirrel.

Waiting a few ticks, the squirrel turned it's back to the bush that Firenze was shielding herself in. Fire counted herself down to attack, one... twooo...GO! After giving herself the go, she launched herself forward just far enough to sink her canines into the small body of the squirrel. Hearing it's bones crunching in satisfaction, she tossed it in the air, catching it with her paws and rolled around on the ground, excited that she finally caught something.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on October 21st, 2014, 9:24 pm

8 Fall, 514 AV

Carrying the squirrel in between her teeth Firenze started to make her way back through the forrest, towards the hole with her things in it. She pawed at the ground near the tree and saw her things still tucked under the dirt. She dropped the squirrel on top of her cloak and flung dirt back on top of everything. Kicking at the leaves nearby to scatter them around to make things a little less obvious. She double check that nothing was peeking out, turned around and walked between some berry bushes that were in her path. She looked up to the tops of the trees, trying to see past the leaves to the sun to try to figure out what time it was. She wasn't sure, she didn't know how to read the sun, but she was hoping that she would have enough time left before dark to catch at least one more animal.

She sauntered slowly, weaving her way between trees. She scanned the floor of the forest trying to see if there might be another meal on legs running around. She didn't see anything but that didn't mean it wasn't out there. She walked around for a few chimes, still without luck, and towards the tree that she'd climbed the day before. She looked up and could still see the claw marks in the bark. Looking at the roots of the tree she saw the small hole that the rabbit had gone into. Sticking her nose in the hole she sniffed around trying to see if she could tell if it might have been back. She sniffed the roots, the bark, the leaves. She couldn't tell. Everything just smelled like forest and the rot of leaves as they started to decompose. It was such a heavy smell she couldn't distinguish it between the smell of the tree or if there had even been a trace of an animal.

Huffing she sat down and looked around, This is getting frustrating. She growled and huffed again. She looked back at the hole and then up to the tree. I suppose I could wait here and see if anything comes back... if not at least I have some kind of dinner for tonight. The victory of catching the squirrel helped to ease some of her frustrations at the lack of skill she had. She stood up and backed her rear end preparing herself to climb the tree. Tensing her muscles she pushed off and threw her front claws out grasping for the bark.

Shhhcccrrraaaak

Her claws didn't go in deep enough and she slid down the trunk, claws still out and running along the bark. Her rear end plonked onto the ground and she roared in anger, the sound coming out like a child running along a fence knocking against it with a stick. Standing, she circled the tree trying to think. One more time. She backed up, ran and...

Shhhhhhhccrakk, THUNK!

Oh my goddess, is this really worth it!? I don't even know if the stupid rabbit will even come back. I'd probably have better luck looking somewhere else and trying to climb this tree is a pain in my rear... literally. She stood up, tail flipping about madly. Irritated as she was, she wasn't ready to be done hunting, she was just done with this stupid tree.

She turned her back to the tree and walked off, deciding to go a little further in to the woods then she would've liked. She rubbed along one of the trees she was passing, scratching an itch that she couldn't get with her teeth. She turned her head to it and scratched the back of her head.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on October 26th, 2014, 5:40 pm

8 Fall, 514 AV

Wandering for a little while longer, Firenze came to a small stream. She walked over to the stream, happy to have a place to get a drink of water. The fall leaves crunched under her feet as she walked up to the stream. Hanging her head over the water, her reflection staring back at her. Fire reached her mouth down to the cool water and lapped it into her mouth. After getting her fill of water, helping to make her belly feel a little more full, she walked into the water and laid down. The water slowly flowing by her, she watched her fur swaying back and forth under the water. The sun shining through the almost bare trees around her, Firenze closed her eyes and let the sun warm her head and the parts of her body that wasn't under the water that was cooling the rest of her.

After a few chimes of relaxing, Fire heard something close by. Her eyes popped open and she looked around the area. There were some low bushes that were still kind of full, a bunch of dead leaves littering the ground, thick and skinny trees standing tall all around her and spotlights of sun flickering along the ground, caused from the leaves that were still hanging on for dear life on the branches above her head. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary, mentally shrugging, she started to close her eyes again and just as the were about to fully close, she heard it again. She had no idea what the sound was but it sounded out of place. She'd not remembered ever hearing the noise before, it sounded kind of like... her? It was a low growling noise and it sounded like she was making the noise and it was echoing back to her, except that she wasn't making any noise.

What if I chuff a hello? Maybe it's a fellow tiger! Firenze stood up, the water flowing off her fur and dripping back into the stream to be carried off. She called out low and chuffed a little and waited to hear if the other animal would call back. A few ticks and she didn't hear anything, trying again she looked around again and walked out of the stream. She shook, spraying water droplets through the air, and walked out between the trees a little way. She growled low, chuffed again, sat down and she heard it again, only a little louder this time. It sounded like it was coming her way.

A large repetitive thumping started making it's way closer to her and the birds in the immediate area scattered. A rabbit jumped out of the bush near her and forgetting about the sound, she jumped for it, the rabbit unaware that she'd been sitting there had been scared from the noise that was coming close and she'd managed to sink her teeth into it's neck, suffocating it and getting another catch for the day. How lucky am I, two kills in one day! Firenze's excitement was short lived as a large black shadow bounced into her peripheral vision.

She turned her head quickly the dead rabbit swaying in her mouth. Her eyes widened as they rested on the large mass of brown fur that stopped a few chimes away from her. She wasn't hoping that this wasn't the animal that was making the noises earlier, it was not what she was expecting. She did not like the energy that was coming off the large animal, he didn't seem friendly, this caused the hair on her back and neck to raise. She watched the brown animal start to move slowly toward her, sniffing the air and watching the freshly killed rabbit hanging from her mouth. She watched keeping her eyes on the new creature that was coming toward her, she moved slowly to the side, crouching down a little on her front legs as she started to stalk in a slow circle. She swung her head, keeping her eyes on the large black fury mass, and tossed the rabbit under a bush nearby.

Should I attack first? Will it hurt me? Maybe I should try biting it and see if it will leave me alone. I think it wants my rabbit, but I want it! she pouted internally, I think I should try biting it and scaring it away from my dinner. Firenze stalked forward slowly, her ears flitting around, listening to the leaves crunching under the other animals paws. Her tail swishing back and forth to help her amp her energy up, preparing herself to pounce so she could try to sink her teeth into the skin hiding underneath the fur enveloping the other animal. She watched the dark animal move closer and just when it was a few ticks away Firenze jumped, pushing off her back legs, toward the animal. She opened her jaws to try to grab onto any part of the animal and just as she was about to bite down, it hit her with one of it's giant paws in the side of her head, smacking her to the ground, causing her to roll on to her side a few feet away.

Wow. That was a really bad idea. She flopped around a little, her balance off, trying to get back onto her feet. She was dazed from the power of the punch that the other animal landed. She shook her head trying to clear it and think of a different way to approach this. Just as she was about to turn her attention back to the other animal, it rushed her, jumping on top of her and sank it's claws into her side. She roared in pain and all thought left her mind, all she wanted was to try to hurt this animal. Twisting, she tried to get her back feet under the animal, while she tried to twist the animals claws sank into her skin and dragged itself along her side. She was just starting to bleed a little from the fresh wounds when she managed to get her back feet under the arm that was doing the damage. She kicked as hard as she could trying to get the claws out of her side. Black fur went flying as she pressed the pads of her feet into the arm of the animal and her claws detracted from their sheathes.

She managed to get the arm off her just and the animal swung it's head at her face, she flipped her face toward the animal and growled, flashing her canines, her ears lying back against her head.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Dor'gen on October 27th, 2014, 6:02 am

Having now been within the city of Sunberth for just over a week, the Akalak known as Dor'gen was just beginning to become accustomed to the sordid stench. When he first stepped off of the boat, it assaulted his nostrils like the fangs of a Dhani and left him reeling for hours on end; but now the pungent odor was becoming a touch...bearable. However, that did not change the fact that Dor'gen would utilize any excuse to step away from the city's awful smell; and as such he decided to go for his second jog of the day. Towards the beginning and conclusion of each day, the towering Akalak would venture forth from his lodgings and jog about the city. Sometimes, he would travel to nooks and crannies for the sake of exploration; whilst at others it would be in the name of seeking employment.

Today, however, Dor'gen decided to explore the outskirts of Sunberth.

Upon emerging from his lodgings at the Aquillar Hot Springs, the Akalak strode into the late afternoon light. To those patrons he passed along the way outside, only frightened glances and hushed whispers were hurled in his direction. However, these did not bother him in the slightest...in fact, he had become accustomed to them. After all, it was not everyday that one saw a literal giant who was armed to the teeth whilst headed to the bath! Chuckling to himself, Dor'gen stopped only a few paces away from the Hot Springs' entrance and took a few moments to stretch appropriately. At first, he lofted his arms above his head and stretched then solidly before reaching for his toes. From here, he set about stretching his legs by lunging twice; once for each leg.

Satisfied with the newfound limberness, the Akalak then took off in a light jog. His pace was not as brisk as typical, but this was intentional. Typically he would push himself to the limit until he arrived at the nearest watering hole; yet today Dor'gen did not know what he would find in the woods north of the city. It would be better to be slightly winded than completely exhausted upon arriving, in his opinion anyway. As such, Dor'gen jogged along as far as he could before the burn of his lungs and legs demanded a break. Complying, he slowed his pace to that of a moderate walk whilst placing his hands upon his head. Long, semi-ragged breaths characterized him until he caught his breath; and then he resumed his moderate jog. This cycle of jogging and walking repeated until the Giant circumvented the perimeter of the city and arrived at the northern treeline.

Here, Dor'gen decided to take a few chimes to catch his breath. Reaching for his waterskin, he indulged in several hearty swings and leaned upon one of the nearest trees for support. There, he panted, drank, and panted some more; also taking time to mop the sweat off of his brow. After several chimes had passed, Dor'gen had finally caught his breath and stowed his waterskin before striding off into the northern woods. As he walked along, there was not much in terms of noise...save the gentle sound of the river flowing nearby. Dor'gen made sure to keep his travel close to this major landmark; for in a pinch he could just walk beside it until he reached the city. With this in mind, the Akalak allowed his eyes to wander from tree to tree; taking in the greenery of this foreign forest.

Whilst observing the twisting branches and vibrant leaves, Dor'gen noticed a single nest located above his head. Coming to a halt, he took a moment to inspect this mass of twigs, leaves, and grass...and managed to hear the light chirping of a chickling. The sight was enough to cause a light smile to form on the Giant's face...but it was promptly wiped off when a familiar din reached his ears. For those occupants of Sunberth, such a cry would be foreign and they might wonder what in the world could have caused it...Yet for a man who spent two centuries around the creature in question, the roar of a tiger was unmistakable. "A tiger? Here? I didn't think there would be any in Sunberth!" he thought to himself, quickly jogging off in the direction of the roar.

As he drew near, he was greeted with the sight of the ongoing battle...and what he saw infuriated him.

Before his very eyes stood a tiger, strong and proud, who was wounded. It was smaller than the powerful mounts of Taloba, but it was still a child of Navre...and thereby warranted his intervention. Its aggressor was a bear who so boldly challenged the majestic beast to a dance to the death. "Oh no you don't." growled the Akalak, gripping his shield tightly. At once, his swordhand flew to the hilt located on the left of his waist and swiftly drew his bastard sword free from its sheath. Then, Dor'gen filled the air with a savage cry of battle; praising Myri herself for his menacing opponent. The bear, whose attention was drawn by Dor'gen's cries, unleashed a roar of its own before facing him...and Dor'gen charged.

He pushed off and sprinted as fast as he can whilst holding his shield tight in front of him. The steel, spiked armament was more a battering ram in this moment than a tool of defense; and the bear did not know what to expect. It reared back on its hind legs, preparing powerful swipes to attack its newfound aggressor; but was met with a shield to its gut. Dor'gen threw the whole of his weight behind this charge, so much so that he practically leapt the final steps whilst throwing his shoulder forward. After crying out with a gutteral yelp, the bear fell to the ground as did Dor'gen; who then rolled off of the beasts form...and continued rolling as to not be crushed by its flailing.

Image Image Image
Dor'gen
The Furious.

Words: 152513
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2014, 1:46 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on October 29th, 2014, 3:12 am

8 Fall, 514 AV

Angry that this giant fuzzy beast was in her face she wanted to sink her teeth into it's face, just as she was about to lash out the bear turned and her jaws smacked together, making her head rattle and a loud sound of her teeth clapping. She tried to follow it, snapping at it but it kept moving away from her. Huffing, she grew frustrated that she couldn't hurt the animal to make it feel how she was feeling at that moment. Her eyes flicked to just past it's fur to see what had distracted it, at the same moment that distraction charged the animal, it was a large enraged... man? It was nothing that she had ever seen before and it frightened her almost more than the large animal that this giant was charging towards. Roaring loudly, the animal swung it's body around facing the giant that was charing towards it.

She skittered back, hitting the bush where her forgotten kill had been tossed aside, crying out when the movement shot pain through her body, radiating from the scratches. Quickly forgetting the pain as she watched as the black animal stood becoming more menacing and large. Her golden eyes darted back and forth as she watched the surreal scene play out in slow motion. The kicked up leaves from the mans feet as they slammed to the ground, muscles in his legs flexing and tightening as they pushed his body forward. She watched his face contort with rage, Why was he angry? What had this hulking bunch of fur done to him? she didn't understand why he would be angry. Eyes flicking back to the animal she watched as it stuck it snout in the air, it mouth widening and a deep roar spewed forth, spittle flying. She understood why she might have a reason to be angry, the stupid... whatever it was... hurt her! While she watched, she made a vow to herself to find out what the lug of fur was called, if she could make it out alive.

She looked back to the man trying to determine what he would do, just lying there awestruck as he took the beast to the ground, slamming his whole body into it. The man tucked and rolled forward just a few ticks from her, the animal on it's back with it's large paws with sharp claws attached, swiping at the air trying to chase the man just as she had tried to chase it with her teeth. Coming out of her daze, she realized she had an advantage and the man just gave it to her. She tried to spring to her feet, wincing, she glanced back to her side for just a tick to see that it was weeping but not completely gushing blood, that didn't mean she was in the clear but hopefully that she wouldn't die as quick. She tried to push the pain to the side so she could focus. Lunging quickly before her chance was lost, she growled her fury at what the beast did to her, fueling her fire to get even a minute revenge.

She ran towards the animal lying on the ground, it clawed at the air, trying to reach the man. She came up next to it, trying to stay away from the swiping paws. Waiting until it swung it's long arm back around, she grabbed for it with her teeth, sinking her sharp molars into it's flesh, her canines piercing holes into it's arm. Swinging her head to the side she released it's arm and jumped back not wanting to stay too close, lest she get more hurt than she already was.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Dor'gen on November 4th, 2014, 8:48 am

The initial impact of the Akalak's shield upon the flesh of the bear did more than simply facilitate the warrior's pounce. However, from the vantage point of the tiger, the finer details of the strike would have been lost in the blur of purple, fur, and fangs. Upon making contact with the bear, its fur and skin were immediately beset by the wicked spikes affixed directly upon Dor'gen's shield. These protrusions of steel sang past the fur and into the beast's flesh, with each drawing blood. Each spike managed to invade the bear's flesh at least a quarter of an inch before the momentum carried the Akalak off of the animal's form. From there, both of the beings cascaded down to the earth; where Dor'gen swiftly began to roll away from the beast's form.

Although this marked the first time he had been pitted against a bear native to Sunberth's outskirts, this was not the first time that Dor'gen had faced a ferocious beast. Being that he was a child of the Jungles of Falyndar, he was no stranger to encountering all manner of creatures within the greenery of his homeland. From wild cats larger than the tiger that the Akalak now boldly protected to the deadly children of Siku, Dor'gen had faced them all. This creature, to him, was simply an addition to the beasts that he and his people hunted in the jungles of their home...and as such, he was fully confident that he would know victory this day. After all, he was a child of Myri (somewhat) and it would be a shame for one of the Victory Goddess' subjects to expect anything less than success.

A furious cry of pain mingled with anger tore from the maw of the bear as it fell to the earth until a solid thud overtook the din. It then set about flailing wildly; partially in response to having been wounded by the tactic of the Akalak...and partly out of an attempt to rend the warrior's flesh apart. As such, Dor'gen rolled as quickly as his form allowed...which honestly was not that quick. Due to the fact that he held a shield and sword, had armor characterized by "spikes", and also had a scabbard and pack to account for, Dor'gen only managed to make two complete revolutions. Thankfully, this was enough to bring him just outside of the beast's range and afforded him just enough breathing room in order to scramble to his feet...and to thank his lucky stars that there was not anything crushable within his pack...

Yet, before the Akalak could even get to his knees, there was a blur of orange and white that flew past his form. Although wounded, the tiger emerged from its place of refuge and attempted to capitalize on the fallen bear. It boldly braved the flailing claws and snapping jaws in order to sink its fangs into the bear's flesh. For a few ticks, there was a painful struggle which unfolded before the Akalak's eyes. The tiger battled the agony of its wounds in order to keep its fangs sank into the fur and flesh of the bear. Likewise, the bear gnashed wildly against its wounds, fresh and "old", and attempted to get the tiger off of it desperately. Eventually, the tiger relinquished the bear from its grip and cautiously distanced itself a few steps.

By this time, Dor'gen had ascended to his feet. As opposed to capitalizing on the fallen bear, he bided his time in order to see what the beast would do. At this juncture, there were only a handful of choices that the animal had available...Yet the Akalak entertained the thought of the animal being too inferior to grasp them. However, even the most base creatures had an instinct to either fight or retreat. Now faced with obeying this primal urge, Dor'gen awaited seeing which of the two the bear would hearken to...With a roar, it managed to roll itself back onto solid footing before facing its duo of opponents. Both were now approximately the same distance apart from the bear, yet only one had inflicted the freshest wounds upon its form.

And that was the tiger.

With blind fury, the bear gave a ferocious roar bounded forward. Its lumpering motions were obviously characterized by the presence of immense pain. However, surprisingly, the bear soldiered through the hurt in order to attempt to exact some form of revenge against the tiger. However, the tiger had a newfound ally who would not stand idly by whilst it was attacked again. After all, he had intervened in order to protect it! Filling the air with a furious bellow, Dor'gen took off from his position. His feet thumped upon the ground, one after another, in a swift sprint until he lunged for the bear. His bastard sword was launched in a powerful thrust that impaled the beast's right shank. Blood seeped from the wound and moistened the fur of the beast whilst the bear halted its advance.

A pained bellow tore from its mouth straightway as it craned its neck to see the Akalak. Dor'gen did not give it the "courtesy" of a glance, but instead twisted the hilt of his weapon. This, in turn, twisted the steel within the beast's flesh; causing all the more pain and deepening the injury. With such pain, the bear lowered to its knees whilst huffing quite heavily; thereby creating an opening for the tiger. 'Twas here that the choice now rested in her capable fangs...to exact vengeance for her wound and take its life? Or to let the beast live another day.

Word Count944

Image Image Image
Dor'gen
The Furious.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on November 9th, 2014, 8:03 pm

8 Fall, 514 AV

Her legs continued to carry her warily backward as the beast rolled itself over. A large roar spewing from it's mouth as spittle flew and saliva frothed at the sides. He was not happy. Firenze tried to keep her eyes on it and check to see if the large purple man was still near. She glanced over quickly to see he had gotten to his feet and was crouched in a fighting stance next to her observing the beast in front of them, appearing as if to gauge the actions of the other animal. As the animal brought it's self to it's feet, Fire's eyes widen, it's large berth filling her vision. Flattening her ears against her head she hissed at it, the hiss fizzled weakly and came out sickly. The force it took to try to push the air from her lungs caused pain to shoot from her side and radiate through her body, making her feel as if she were going to be sick. It made her panic and realize that she may not be in any condition to continue fighting.

Just as the thought came to the forefront of her mind, the bear turned and faced her. Oh. Shyke. It started bounding toward her, it's lumbering gait limping minutely. Crouching back, her ears lying flat against her head, eyes wide she back peddled trying to keep out of the reach of the bear. Willing her legs to move, a wave a nausea hit her, she tried to ignore it since there were more pressing matters... like a giant furry ball of fury pummeling toward her. As she was scattering backward trying to stay out of the reach of the animal she heard the war cry bellow from her companion, heavy footfall was coming towards her and the beasts direction. A flash of silver and the large purple figure in her peripheral caught her attention as the man ran the length of his sword into the beasts fur and flesh.

The animal came to a stop as it's large mouth opened in a screaming roar of agony, it's slack jaw following the head that was whipping around to see what had harmed it. While it's head was beginning to turn, she watched as the large man twisted the hilt of the sword, the blade tearing at the flesh of the animal, causing it more excruciating pain. She felt a flash of sorrow for the beast, it may be trying to kill her and it did hurt her, but it was still an animal like her. It was a beast of nature, like herself, and it was only doing what it's instincts where telling it.

The beast fell to it's knees in pain and rolled to it's side, huffing hard trying to bring air into it's lung. She laid down, almost mimicking the other animal, both in pain and tired from the fight. She felt that it's advances to do any more damage had ceased, all she wanted to was to lay down and close her eyes, she was so tired. The man was watching her, almost in an anticipation to see what she was going to do. Wanting to kill the beast lying across from her to end it's suffering and also to possibly feed her for quite a long time, or bring a nice pocket full of mizas, she resigned to let him live. Hoping that it would live to see another day so that she could come back and finish what was started. In the condition she was currently in, she didn't want to do much but lay down and rest. Breathing heavy, she chuffed a small hello and thank you to the large purple figure that was gazing down at the two of the animals.

Firenze wondered how she was going to get back to her place, or even to someone that might be able to take care of her wounds. She didn't know how to clean or repair the wounds, aside from just washing it with some water. The scratches on her side weeped blood and felt as if it was on fire, she tried not to move any more then she needed as the pain started to fill her body, the adrenaline starting to recede. She cried out softly, panting as she tried to fill her lungs with air, the nausea hitting her with full force. She tried to focus on the man, she wondered what language he spoke. She didn't think he would be able to understand her in the current form that she was in, so using what energy she had left she tried to stand. Falling to the side as she tried to get her footing under her, she took to kneeling on the ground, hoping that would be sufficient. Her orange lights flashed, unlike most times she changed it was more of a pale orange and rather weak light, only a few of her black sparks flew as her naked flesh fell to the ground, exhausted.

She was thankful the man was there with her, she didn't think that she would be able to move or fight any more. "Sir, I hope... that you can under... stand what I'm saying... I don't know... if you speak common... but, could you please... help me with... my wounds?" She panted, pressing her hand to her side where the pain flowed along with her bright red blood. Her thin naked body begging to shake from the loss of the blood, she felt as if winter had fallen upon them. She glanced to the man hoping that he would be able to help her, her golden eyes pleading for his assistance again.

OOC InfoWord Count = 949
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Dor'gen on November 11th, 2014, 2:58 am

For several ticks, the towering Akalak remained steadfast. In light of the wound he had inflicted upon the fur-covered beast, Dor'gen was of the opinion that the battle would come to a swift conclusion. The tiger had a clear opening to finish off its foe, and once its life had been extinguished focus could be placed on addressing its wounds. However, after placing his gaze upon the tiger, he noted that there was no ferocious response to this opening. Instead, it all but mimicked the bear's descent to the earth; and pain characterized its every movement. After a few ticks, it dawned on Dor'gen that the tiger no longer had the strength to fight. "Be it far from me to steal victory from your claws." he said, looking the tiger directly in its eye.

It would seem as though the bear would evade decimation at the hands of the one it assaulted; and as such it would live to hunt another day...assuming that it was smart enough not to attack the moment Dor'gen released it. Turning his attention to the fallen beast, he gave a simple grunt before wrenching his blade free of its flesh. Crimson spurted from the would, inspiring a pained moan on the part of the animal, yet its ragged breathing began to slow. At least now its pain was lesser than when the Akalak was aggravating its wound. "Go." said Dor'gen, glaring down upon the beast. Although there was no way that the bear could understand the Common tongue, there was a part of the Akalak that was certain the message was clear.

As if to solidify this, he simply impaled his bastard sword into the dirt beside the bear; as if to say "leave or die."

Having been tackled, bitten, and slashed, the bear had also had enough of the altercation. Fighting through the pain, it lumbered back upon its paws and began a sluggish retreat. Dor'gen paid attention to its steps for a few ticks, before placing the whole of his attention back upon the tiger. Slow, cautious steps bore him over before he lowered himself to a crouch. All the while, his hands were raised in a non-threatening manner and he spoke with a gentle tone of voice. "I'm not going to harm you." he said simply. To this, the tiger seemed to...respond...by chuffing out sounds clearly directed at him. Looking down, he noticed the wound inflicted upon the tiger's form; and a small lump formed in his throat. It both pained and frustrated him to see one of Navre's best wounded, more so than words could describe.

"Navre, be with your child." he muttered in the tongue of Myri. His head lowered alongside this silent prayer...before a flash shined before his eyes.

Blinking rapidly, Dor'gen watched the tiger before him transform into a woman. She seemed just like the Humans that called the sordid city home...but paler. Upon closer inspection, Dor'gen attributed this paleness to the pain which obviously wreaked havoc upon her. She needed help, and the Akalak began to rack his mind as to how to assist. Although he had spent the majority of his lifetime within the Taloban Army, he was not trained in much outside of combat. Medicine was one of the areas where he lacked skill entirely. However, his experience afforded him the most basic of priorities when dealing with an injured comrade. The bleeding had to be stopped long enough for medical attention to be rendered. As the Akalak began to mull over how to address the bleeding, the woman spoke to him in the Common tongue.

"Yes. I'll help you...We've got to stop this bleeding and get you some help." he began. Dropping his shield from his grasp, the Akalak then reached up and unclasped his cloak from about his shoulders. He then reached down to his belt and unsheathed the wicked-looking dagger, a Lakan, which hung there. "I can tie some cloth around the wound and carry you back to the city. We're not too far out so I'm sure we can find you some help." he said. As the words escaped his lips, the Akalak began to make ragged cuts into the bottom of the cloak until a decent chunk of cloth was removed. Reaching out, he gingerly laid the cloth upon the woman's wounded side and gave pause. "This is going to hurt.." he warned, before looking her right in the eye.

"My name is Dor'gen. What is yours?" came his out-of-place inquiry. In truth, this introduction was simply a means of keeping the woman's mind off of the pain momentarily, just long enough for him to tie off the cloth without squirming loosening it up. His fingers worked as quickly as possible, and after a few ticks a decent knot was formed in the cloth. With that accomplished, there was only the matter of transporting the woman to the city. It would be an awkward carry, of this Dor'gen had no doubt, but it could be done. Momentarily rising to his feet, the Akalak first returned to his bastard sword and promptly returned it to its sheathe. It was joined by the return of the Lakan. Next, the Akalak took a moment to slip off his backpack and pick up his shield.

Through a bit of creative...rigging...the Akalak tied one of the pack's arms through the loop of his shield. He then slipped the pack back on using it's free arm and was satisfied with the result. It was awkward, but it would do. Finally, Dor'gen returned to the woman's side and offered his cloak to her. After all, if he was going to carry her through the city, she would need something to keep her dignity intact. Thankfully enough, the cloak was sized for an Akalak...so there would be plenty of material for the woman to work with. "Now let's get you some help." he said, offering a small smile. With arms outstretched, he then awaited her approval for him to take her into his arms...and to begin the trip back into the smelly city of Sunberth.

Word Count1,027
c

Image Image Image
Dor'gen
The Furious.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Catch of the Day

Postby Firenze on November 13th, 2014, 7:57 pm

8 Fall 514 AV

"Yes. I'll help you...We've got to stop this bleeding and get you some help." Lying on the ground, she looked up to the man staring at her, rapidly blinking, trying to determine what had happened while he had his head bowed. Firenze only watched as the man set his shield on the ground, unclasped his cloak and set it to the side. He reached down to his belt and unsheathed a dagger, "I can tie some cloth around the wound and carry you back to the city. We're not too far out so I'm sure we can find you some help."

Firenze nodded to him, glad that he was helping her and that he showed up when he did. She didn't know where she would be if the god's hadn't been looking out for her. She shuddered at the thought of lying in the middle of the forest naked and alone, dying. While her thoughts were turning dark, she noticed he was cutting the bottom of his cloak, making a makeshift bandage. He laid the newly cut cloth on her side, a hiss escaping her lips, her eyes locked with his as he pulled the cloth around her naked flesh and secured it.

"My name is Dor'gen. What is yours?" The question was something she wasn't expecting, "I'm... Firenze." She tried to smile at him. Dor'gen stood after he checked that the bandage would stay and set about putting his weapons back on his person. He managed to make it so that the bag and shield were connected, throwing it over his shoulder. He returned to Fire's side and handed her the cloak. Gratefully she slipped it around herself, snuggling into the warm folds of the fabric as it enveloped her. She held onto the edges, trying to sit up as Dor'gen reached his arms down to her. She grabbed his arms and he lifted her up to his chest.

Feet dangling over the edges of his arm, she wrapped her hands around his neck and clasped them. She snuggled her face into his chest as she felt this large frame begin to move with purpose. She wasn't sure where he was taking her, but she had a strange feeling that even if he were to make her a slave she might be willing at that moment, considering he had just saved her life.

OOC InfoWord Count = 395
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Catch of the Day

Postby Amora Jade on December 12th, 2014, 5:25 am

Congratulations, you've been awarded!

Fire
Skills
  • Observation +5
  • Hunting +3
  • Climbing +1
  • Unarmed Combat +2
Lores
  • Hunting Takes Patience
  • Catching a Distracted Squirrel
  • Bears are Tough Creatures
  • Dor'gen: The Giant Purple Man

Dor
Skills
  • Observation +4
  • Running +2
  • Endurance +1
  • Weapon: Small Shield +2
  • Weapon: Bastard Sword +1
  • Medicine +1
  • Acrobatics +2
Lores
  • Using a Shield as a Battering Ram
  • The Tiger is Also a Woman
  • Making an Emergency Bandage out of a Cloak
  • Firenze: The Tiger
  • Acrobatics: Forward Roll

Since I'm not really sure what will happen to the clothes, cape, and injuries in your next thread I didn't assess them in this one.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message! Also, please remember to edit your post requesting the grade as "Graded."
With love,
Miss Jade
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)