Location [Syliras Location] The Butcher of Alban

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Butcher of Alban

Postby Dusk on October 22nd, 2010, 10:12 pm

The local butchery of Syliras is run by the Alban family. Dino Alban is the head honcho, and serves the people with a bloody smile. His meat is known for being the best you can get for your money, even if you're only buying the poorest sort of scraps.
Located The Butcher of Alban is located near the main gates for the convenience of hunters coming to sell their wares. The shop is built into the walls just before the welcome center and the Travler’s row The Alban Butchery boasts a deep cellar specialized for storing meats year round and rooms for salting, jerking and otherwise preserving meats. However the pride and joy of the shop is the slaughter floor. A pair of large doors set further along the wall of the castle open up to a ramp that leads down to the basement which is split between the cellar and the slaughter floor. It is the slaughter where livestock is taken, killed, bled and processed for consumption. When not in use the combination of slaughter hooks, chains and the omnipresent smell of blood, fresh and old, has an eerie atmosphere that the cleaning staff are all too willing to tell gruesome and untrue stories at the local taverns.

He is also the person hunters see when they ride into town with their plethora of meats, and is more than happy to purchase whatever is brought to him from the Wildlands.

Prices when you buy from Alban

*Sell prices are 1/4 the value of buy prices
Meat Price
Pork (Fresh) 1 gm/lb
Pork (Bacon) 4 gm/lb
Pork ( Ham) 5 gm/lb
Pork (Salted) 3 gm/lb
Pork (Sausage) 1 gm/lb
Beef (Fresh) 2 gm/lb
Beef (Corned) 3 gm/lb
Beef (Jerked) 7 gm/lb
Beef (Smoked) 4 gm/lb
Beef (Sausage) 2 gm/lb
Mutton (Fresh) 1 gm/lb
Mutton (Smoked) 3 gm/lb
Mutton (Jerked) 4 gm/lb
Mutton (Salted) 2 gm/lb
Mutton (Sausage) 1 gm/lb
Venison (Fresh) 3 gm/lb
Venison (Jerked) 8 gm/lb
Venison (Corned) 4 gm/lb
Venison (Smoked) 5 gm/lb
Venison (Sauasage) 3 gm/lb
Chicken (Fresh, whole) 1 sm
Game meat (Fresh) 2 gm/lb
Game meat (Jerked) 7 gm/lb
Game meat (Corned) 3 gm/lb
Game meat (Smoked) 4 gm/lb
Game meat (Sausage) 2 gm/lb
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gwendolen Lawrence on November 13th, 2010, 8:13 pm

74th of Fall, 510 A.V.

Gwendolen pushes the door open. She is meet by a few interested citizens, who quickly returns to what they were doing before. She walks around in the shop for a while, but decides to face the shopkeeper. Gwendolen nods at the shopkeeper as a greeting, and swallows the saliva in her mouth.
-"I'd like-" She looks down upon the list of different cuts, and races and opens her mouth once again.
-"I'd like 'few pieces of deer. To be exact, I’d like twenty of them. What about salted decent cuts? That should do the job."
-"Decent, you say? That wouldn't be fitting for a woman like you. You're interested in the very best, right? You might be interested in the premium cuts. That would only be three extra silver rimmed coins each cut, 'mere three coins!"
-"Decent." The shopkeeper looks upon her skinny build with a disappointed face, but nods as an answer and walks further into the shop to fetch the meat. He returns with two bags, filled with the specified meat.
-"That would be exactly ten gold rimmed coins. Would you like something else, miss?" Without thinking further, she would answer with a sharp tongue-
-"Chicken. Five of them. I'd like them salted as well." The shopkeeper smiles in enjoyment.
-"Now, I'd guess you're talking about the premium cuts? They're cheap, and you won't taste better chicken in all Syliras!" Without further thinking, she answers-
-"Poor cuts. I can't afford else, sir." He sighs in disappointment and fetches the chicken. The shopkeeper now holds three sacks of meat, and nods at her.
-"That would be exactly ten gold, and twenty five copper rimmed coins, along with the price of one silver each sack, that would be ten gold, three silver and twenty five copper. Is that okay, miss?" Gwendolen nods in agreement, and shakes his hand as she is handed the three sacks. She puts two of them down in her bag, and carries one of them over her back.

Gwendolen's Receipt20x (Decent) Salted Deer Cuts
5x (Poor) Salted Chicken Cuts

Total - 10g, 3s, 25c
Gwendolen Lawrence
Trader

Words: 8690
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 6:18 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gwendolen Lawrence on November 30th, 2010, 10:33 pm

81st of Fall, 510 A.V.

Gwendolen walked into the shop, and looked around at the walls filled with meat, and heads of once proud animals. She didn't feel pity for them, even though she knew she didn't differ from them. Luckily chosen was what she considered herself, or simply that she had chosen the right path to live. She walked up to the man behind the shop, whose seemed to be a young, and rather stylish apprentice, or simply someone who worked there for the season, as she hadn't seen him before in the butchery.
-"Greetings, miss! What may the Butcher o' Alban offer you today? We have everything on the list in store! What you need, in what scale you need, and what quality. That's all I demand from you, miss!" He smiled, while he was tapping his fingers against the counter.
-"I'd like 'few decent cuts of deer, salted." She felt she had forgot something, but didn't really get what, until the shopkeeper himself named it.
-"Quantity, miss." He looked at her with a rather boring look this time, and he obviously saw her as poor, which could be due to her clothes.
-"What about 450 cuts?" The shopkeepers jaw would for sure drop, if he had one.
-".. Right away, miss!" The boy ran away to the other men, and explained the situation. They, who weren't expecting someone to buy meat on this scale, cheered for themselves, and quickly began to prepare the meat. The boy ran back to the counter, and began to explain the price.
-"225 Miza Gold Coins the price, miss! We're also including a price for the sacks, as one silver coin each sack. That should be about, 226 Miza Gold Coins, and one Miza Silver Coin. Is that okay, mis- Right! We're also offering 'few men to help you to deliver the meat to it's location for 'few gold. Here, it would be two gold, and five silver to transfer the goods. Is that okay, miss?" The boy breathed out, and seemed rather exhausted from explaining it through.
-"That should do it." She gave him a letter with the number of the traders door, and his name.
-"The goods will be transferred to its location tomorrow, and the payment will be now, or when the goods arrive. It's your choice, miss!" She simply placed the gold coins, and the silver coins on the table with a slight smirk. The boy collected them in his satchel, and ran out to the elderly men to count them for him. He swiftly came back, and gave her a nod as answer.
-"Pleasure making business with you." She walked out of the shop with a pleasant face, and suddenly remembered her trade with Mant and Hrafrn. She said to herself that it was a mere excuse to stay in the smith, and so she continued her walk back to the smith.

Gwendolen's Receipt!-225g Deer (Decent Cuts)
-11s Sacks
-2g 5s Transport
-5g Storage
Gwendolen Lawrence
Trader

Words: 8690
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 6:18 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on December 3rd, 2010, 8:40 am

Fall 56

Nidassasyae pushed the door open cautiously, peering inside for a second before dragging the body sled in after her. The man behind the counter greeted her with a friendly smile, only after he had seen that she had meat to sell. Scruffy looking girls entering shops usually didn't mean business, unless they were pulling along two does on a sled.

"Welcome young miss!" greeted the butcher, eyeing the deer. "Have you come to sell?" He seemed a bit wary of her, but then again, her mouth was still covered in blood. Just because a Kelvic could transform didn't mean that they instantly became clean as they did so.

Nidae nodded, returning the man's stare with her own slitted pupils. The man was not intimidated in the slightest by this, simply gesturing towards the deer and saying, "I'll give you forty gold rimmed mizas for both deer."

Forty gold rimmed mizas! That was good, not nearly as much as she had spent on the sled, but her hunting equipment had been a good investment. Nidae liked this job very much, it was the one way she'd have an excuse to get out of the city. "Done," she said, pulling the deer around to the side of the counter, where the butcher collected the deer. He put them into a back room, and then came back out. The man took out a small pouch and placed it on the counter, looking her in the eyes.

"Pleasure doing business with you, miss. If you get any more of this 'ere meat, be sure to come over and sell it 'ere," he grinned.

"I will," Nidae agreed, folding up her body sled and tucking it and the pouch into her pack. With a friendly wave, she exited the shop. An odd feeling of content settled over her, temporarily blocking out the fear she felt of the city. She'd never earned money before, and it was quite a pleasing experience.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Dimitri on April 27th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Spring 17, 511 AV

Dimitri was carrying his makeshift sack of fur and meat into the gates, nodding at the gate guards. He quickly made his way over to the shop of the Butcher of Alban. He opened the door carefully since his hands were full. He saw a small line, so he stood at the end of it. Most people here were buying. He looked around at all the wide variety of meats, many he couldn't tell from one another.

When it was his turn, he set the fur sack on the counter and opened it up, splaying the fur across it. Inside he had about ten pounds of poorly cut, fresh bear meat. "How much might I get for this bear meat? Killed it just a little while ago." The Butcher smiled and handed him 100 Gold mizas and sent him on his way. Time to visit All Things Leather.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post73325.html#p73325
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alcore Silver on September 11th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Day 11 of Fall 511 AV --- Alcore having not eaten in 4 days was desprite to find some food. He stumbled up to the front door an fell to the ground, a bloody man walked out of the shop "well well, what we have here?" The man lifted Alcore off the ground and examend him. "need food" said Alcore, strugling to get the words past his lips. "You got mizas boy?!" Alcore reached into his poket pulling out 3 gold mizas and droping them to the ground. The man picked the mizas up off the ground and carryed Alcore inside, flinging him into a chair. The impact caused Alcore to cry out in pain. The man walked to the back room and brought back 3 berned sausages. "what are these?" "sausages" replyed the man. "there berned" "Me know, you eat or you get out!" Alcore srugged his sholders and started eating. "What name boy?!" The man was bent over the table. "Alcore" "Why you come to Syliras Alcore?" "money" "You need money me see. Tell you what boy." The man pointed to the racks of meat hanging in the back.
Last edited by Alcore Silver on September 18th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcore Silver
Player

Words: 4850
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Alcore Silver on September 11th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Still Day 11 of Fall 511 AV, No time has past --- "You find, you kill, you cut, you bring to me and I pay you good. You understand?" Alcore nodded and started for the door but was called back by the man. "You need more food Alcore." Alcore nodded and walked over to the counter. He gave the man ten more gold mizas and was handed ten raw sausages. " Sausage todays best seller." "Thanks said Alcore as he walked out of the shop.
Alcore Silver
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alcore Silver on October 9th, 2011, 9:38 am

Day 29 of Fall 511 AV --- Alcore walked up to the butchers counter and pered into the back room. "Butcher you there?" the butcher walked out of the back after killing one last pig. "Alcore you have kill for me?" "No not yet 7 pounds of salted pork please. Alcore handed the man 14 gold mizas and was handed his pork in retern Alcore walked out the door after loading his backpack with pork, giving a wave before moving out of sight.
Alcore Silver
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nilika on April 14th, 2014, 12:56 am

Timestamp: 17th Spring 514 AV & Bell: 20th

Nilika has always walked past this place but never really paid attention it. She wasn't really meat lover, so didn't let her attention wonder too much on it. But today it was different, for the young Konti. She decided to give her bondmate a little gift. Since his other half was a dog, she thought meat would be a good thing to get. Before the prank about the snow fight, she remembered him talking about that he liked pork. The teenager walked into the butcher shop and looked around.

The smell of fresh meat and blood hit immediately. She looked around the shop as she walked to the counter. There was man behind it with a large knife in his hand and eyes on her. Nilika almost stepped back the man's appearance. If she didn't know better, the man looked deadly. "Oh hello there," he smiled widely, " how can I help you?" Nilika looked down at the type of meat and the prices. She wanted to save money but wanted to get Edwyn something good. Her eyes spotted what looked like a good two pieces of pork. "May I have two of these please," Nilika said quietly. The man walked over and got the two pieces of meat that the Konti had pointed to, "oh these are very good. That will be 12 gold mizas," he said while wrapping the meat up. Nilika pulled out the coins and put the meat in her backpack. "Thank you and please come again," she heard as she walked out of the shop. Now all she needed was for someone to cook them.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Claudia Blackwood on February 23rd, 2015, 10:55 am

34th of Winter 514 AV

Claudia knew this butchery. She had always walked past it whenever she had no game to sell. But this time was different. She entered the butchery with a purpose. She had a stag worth of stuff to sell. That included a body worth of venison meat, the deer's offal, and its antlers. Standing at the counter was the head of the establishment, Mister Dino Alban himself.

As soon as he sighted her, he greeted her in his booming voice of his "Heyo girl, what you up to?" before flashing her a crude looking smile. Flashing one of her smiles, Claudia went up to the blood-stained counter. She unslung her backpack, taking out the bundles of cloth that she had so carefully arranged. Unwrapping the cloth, displaying the meat and offal to plain view, she said "I've got a whole stag worth of meat here to sell. Offal included. Antlers too if you're interested."

Reaching to grab the meat with his brutish hands, he examined each of the cloth parcels containing the meat. Finished with the examination, he then brought a weighing scale over, counting the total weight of the meat. The total weight reached up to around one hundred and twenty five pounds.

Dino then said "One hundred and twenty-five pounds. That is quite a hefty catch. And in winter too! You must have been blessed by the gods or something. I'll offer you 40 Gold Misaz for the whole lot."

Claudia then replied "I'll take it. Gladly."

Thread - All in a day's worth

Claudia's Reciept125lbs worth of venison and offal = +40 GMs
Claudia Blackwood
Wannabe Badarse Mercenary

Words: 121640
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2015, 1:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets