Completed Joining of Hands (Aventis)

On her way to An Elegant Weave, Sayana meets a -um- surprise... another Eypharian living in Syliras.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Joining of Hands (Aventis)

Postby Sayana on October 28th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Her earlier comment about him being cute didn’t even produce a blush. Just a bit of surprise and confusion. Now that was disappointing. He was quite cute, in his own way, but also painfully stubborn.

“You never answered mine,” Sayana replied as she turned around, her high arms clearly crossed over her chest from beneath the cloak. “Why, are you so afraid?” She repeated and emphasized the question.

“As for why am I being so persistent? Well I happen to like people. People.” She repeated and included all races within that word. “And I haven’t seen one like me since I got to Syliras, about a season ago.” She let out a sigh. “Maybe it’s just nice seeing something, or someone, who reminds me of home. It’s not like I can go back anytime soon. So there you have it, I thought I’d get a chance to meet someone familiar, talk of times past – of cities and deserts. But no, you’d rather pretend you’re some human that knows nothing about anything.” Her impatience was starting to get the better of her and she could almost see herself going down the wrong path.

With one last attempt to salvage the situation she repeated her earlier question in hopefully a softer more friendly voice, “Just tell me, why are you so afraid?”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Aventis on October 29th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Just as predicted, the stubborn little woman turned around. "You never answered mine." She stated impatiently. "Why are you so afraid?" she nearly yelled.

Afraid? Aventis asked himself. He crossed his arms, taking a condescending stance, crossing his arms and raising his chin, looking down at the girl. She had heard him. As he expected, she hadn't listened to him. "As for why I'm so persistent, well I happen to like people. People. Humans, Drykas, Inarta, Nuit..." It was at this point that Ventis began pretending to pay attention. At some point she might've made up a race or two, Aventis wouldn't know. "... like me since I came to Syliras, about a season ago!"

"Look, lady-"

Maybe it’s just nice seeing something, or someone, who reminds me of home. It’s not like I can go back anytime soon. So there you have it, I thought I’d get a chance to meet someone familiar, talk of times past – of cities and deserts. But no, you’d rather pretend you’re some human that knows nothing about anything."

Aventis sighed again.

"Just tell me, why are you so afraid?"

"Look, miss..." He started. "You're obviously hearing me. You're not listening. I'm not afraid. And I don't dislike any race if that's what you were inferring. Let me be clear to you so there is no doubt in your mind. I am not afraid of jack. I am not xenophobic. I. Am. Fine. I am not pretending to be anything. What I am is just a man. Race is unimportant. Got it?"

He may have been a tad rude. But he felt good. Just a bit.

Today is a good day.

Aventis

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sayana on October 30th, 2014, 4:42 am

“If race was unimportant than you wouldn’t be hiding yourself,” she replied spitefully. She cast her cloak off her shoulders so that it only hung down the center of her back, hence revealing her many limbs. Her high arms were crossed angrily over her chest as she stared him down.

“I, on the other hand, happen to be proud of who I am.” She placed her mid hands upon her hips mostly to emphasize her multiple limbs. “If you want to be a hypocrite, then that’s your business. But you were right, I should be leaving.” She gave one last look at his plain single sleeved coat that concealed his other arms. It reminded her of what she had originally come here for – warmer clothes of her own. But it now felt like the last thing she wanted to do.

She turned away from his tall figure to look down the bustling alleyway in the direction she had come. She could wander about the shops and stalls, but what she really wanted was some company, and company that didn’t involve him. Even though it was far too early to prepare for her evening dancing, she would welcome the company at the Rearing Stallion. She might even volunteer herself to help out in the kitchens or help serving drinks. And with that destination in mind, she walked purposefully away from him.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Aventis on October 30th, 2014, 1:51 pm

If race was unimportant than you wouldn’t be hiding yourself,” she said, beyond confused. It was a shame, really, how much she didn't know. Perhaps he hadn't been clear on the subject. Then again, as he said, she was a smart girl. It wasn't hard to figure out what he meant. It was at this time that the woman that she, in all her Eypharian glory, shed her coat to reveal her six arms. Yet again, she was speaking, but if Aventis had listened, he might've not been able to keep an able and calm temper. She said something about Aventis being a hypocrite, probably something about him trying to be a human, the like. She was ignorant to him. She hadn't listened. So Aventis wouldn't listen now.

The next thing he saw was the girl walking away. He turned around as well. This whole thing was a mistake. He shouldn't have stopped. He shouldn't have listened. There wasn't a guarantee that the girl even knew the answers he wanted and he was stupid for humoring her. As he walked, he didn't look back. He didn't think about it, and the Eypharian girl honestly hadn't even crossed his mind. It was done. It was the nature of all things to be, or to not be. His answers here, today, will not be. And he was fine with that.

Today is a good day, he thought to himself.

Today is a good day.

Aventis

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nivel on November 26th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Sayana :
XP Award:
  • 2 Socialization
  • 1 Observation
  • 2 Rhetoric
Lore:
  • Eventis: The very tall and stubborn Eypharian Squire
  • Elegant Weave: The best place to get custom clothes in Syliras
Notes: ya did good, Sorry I made your lores so long
Aventis :
XP Award:
  • 2 Socialization
  • 2 Rhetoric
Lore:
  • Sayana: The Eypharian Dancer
  • There are other Eypharians is Syliras
Notes: I didn't really like how some of your post were mostly comprised of things Sayana wrote. Try writing more about what hand gestures your character is doing, or facial expressions, maybe what they're thinking at the time.

Additional Comments: Good job :). I hope your two characters can meet again and resolve the issues between them.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)