Closed [The Seaside Market] Can't buy me Love.

Just need to pick up a few things.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Seaside Market] Can't buy me Love.

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 12:19 am

9 Fall, 514 AV

Sighing deeply, a few strands of hair that had fallen in Firenze's face blew around in her self made breeze and landed back on her face. She needed to get some supplies and was dreading going to the market. She wanted to crawl back into her bunk and sleep the day away but the thought of starvation and not being able to afford her new place scared her into motivation. She grabbed one of her chairs and dropped her rump into it. Reaching over near the bunk she grabbed her boots and slipped them on, tucking her trousers into them. She leaned against the backing of the chair, set her arms in her lap in exasperation and groaned, as if putting her boots on were the end of the world as she knew it. She did not want to go into the market today. She'd had way too much of an adventure the last couple of days and she wasn't sure if she could handle another day of it. All she wanted was one day of peace and quite. Unfortunately, she lived in Sunberth, and peace and quite wasn't in this city's repertoire.

She got up and walked to the door, stared at it for a minute and sat her head against it. She really didn't want to go, but she knew she needed to. She'd heard some of the rumors being whispered, there were strange people that had showed up and it started to cause a bit of a chaos. She had already met some interesting people in just the past few days, she didn't want any excitement today. Just to get some needed shopping done. Another long sigh and she pushed against the door, walking out into the sunlight. She closed it behind her and made her way along the rough street. She stuck close to the buildings and tried to give wide berth to anyone that walked by her. In the distance she could see the tops of the stalls in the market, as she came closer she could see a gaggle of people. Some shouting to the crowd to buy their things, and some shoving their wares in the faces of other people, trying to show them what they had to offer and get the mizas that were hidden in the pockets of the passersby.
Last edited by Firenze on November 21st, 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 2:04 am

9 Fall, 514 AV

She was glad that that wasn't how she had to make a living, she didn't know if she could deal with the stress of trying to hold on to the things she would need to sell from people with slick hands, just to try to make a couple mizas to keep food on her table. She liked that she could go out into the forest and the hills and explore. Although, yesterday gave her quite the lesson in being careful about that. Her hand going to her side under her cloak, her skin heated from trying to repair itself and the bumps raised from her skin where the claws had sunk in, ripping her skin.

Pulling her cloak closer to her to help her avoid touching or bumping into anyone, she walked into the area of the consistently changing tables and items. She walked next to a few tables examining what the people had to offer, some bottles, ink and parchment at one table. Some different colored leaves, snails and somethings she didn't even know what it was at another table. Her fingers itched to reach out and touch the curious things. She knew she shouldn't, lest she be stabbed or beat up or something. Shuddering at the thought, she didn't know if she could handle that with the condition she was in currently.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 2:06 am

9 Fall, 514 AV

Pulling her cloak closer to her to help her avoid touching or bumping into anyone, she walked into the area of the consistently changing tables and items. She walked next to a few tables examining what the people had to offer, some bottles, ink and parchment at one table. Some different colored leaves, snails and somethings she didn't even know what it was at another table. Her fingers itched to reach out and touch the curious things. She knew she shouldn't, lest she be stabbed or beat up or something. Shuddering at the thought, she didn't know if she could handle that with the condition she was in currently.

She came to a stall that had little daggers, large knives, some swords and other odds and ends. She stopped and looked around to see if there were any sheaths for her dagger, so she would stop cutting herself and poking herself when she tried to secure it to her person. She looked at a few different ones and found one that seemed in decent shape. It was a little shabby, like it had been previously used, but she was okay with that, as long as it did the job. It was very plain looking, simple in design and looked as though the clasp was a little rusty. She looked at the man behind the stall, "Do you mind if I look at this, I'm interested in purchasing but I'd like to hold it, if that's okay?"

"Aye, dats a'rite. Don't be snatching my thing's now. You leave it right where it is on da table an i'mma keep an eye on ya, but you can touch it if ya like," his eyes narrowed and he flashed his teeth in what she was hoping was a smile. They weren't a pretty sight to look at, they appeared rotted and some were missing. She gave a meek smile back and fiddled with the clasp on the scabbard. It has spots of rust in splatters like some kind of liquid had been sprayed across it, and there were a few stains in the same pattern on the leather, but it appeared, from what she could tell, that everything worked. She motioned to the leather piece, "I'd like to buy this, please. How much is it?" The man looked her over a few times and gave his dirty smile again, "Ah for you darlin', I'll give it to you for a night in mah bed, 'ow's that sound?" Her eyes widening she tried to determine if he was serious or not. "Um, can't I just pay for it with mizas?" She just stared at him, him staring back at her, then she flinched when he gave a roaring belly laugh, spit flying, she tried to shield her face from the unwanted shower.

"O' course you can, it never 'urts to try! It'll be 2 gold mizas for the scabbard." He held out his large hand, finger nails caked in dirt and grime, a few fingers with scaring on them. "Do you have any rope that I could buy perhaps?" She asked placing 2 gold into the mans hand and tucking the new purchase under her cloak. "I sure do!" He reached behind him and grabbed some rope and slapped it onto the table, "Dat der is the only kind I got, but it's yer's for just only 1 gold! Dat's a lotta rope too!" He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned his grimy teeth at her, "you could even hang a person wit dat much rope!" He seemed unusually proud of himself for that statement and Fire just tried not too pay too much attention to it. She just wanted to get the things she needed and get out of there. She handed him another gold piece and grabbed the rope, putting her arm through the center and hoisting it over her shoulder. "Well, thank you for the items, I think that's about all I need." She walked away from the table and the man watched her go, grin still on his face.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 2:07 am

9 Fall, 514 AV

Walking by another stall filled with different colored linens, cottons, small shiny brooches and little frilly bits, she paused for a moment. The sun sparkled on one of the broaches and she couldn't help but migrate towards the table. She stared at it, transfixed by the light glinting off of it. She didn't dare buy it, she had no use for it, but she was so fascinated and she wanted it so badly. She could hear it calling out to her, Firenze, aren't I lovely? Come and play with me, you know you want to toss me around and watch the light bounce off my shiny surface! Closing her eyes tightly and reopening them to try to break the hold the shiny object had on her. She glanced off to the side and saw a line of belts, short soft ropes and larger strips of leather.

Thinking back to the scabbard that she had tucked under her arm she realized she might need a belt, it wouldn't be very useful to keep the sheath under her arm. She looked up at the older woman watching her, and back to the different types of belts on the table. She saw one towards the back and liked the knot work, no metal on it to worry about just a few strips of leather weaved together to keep someones pants held in place. She liked the thought of the ease once she could get a hang of how to do the knotting. She asked the woman in the stall if she could show her how to tie the belt and how much it was worth. After the lady showed her and Fire had kind of gotten the concept how to do it, she handed the woman 2 silver mizas and pocketed the belt.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 2:07 am

9 Fall, 514 AV

Firenze felt that was all she needed and was happy that she could go back to her home... until she walked by a table with pots, pans, eating ware and other items. She stopped up short and looked quickly over the table, ready to get out of there before she spent any more of her money. She picked up a fork, spoon and cup. Asked the man how much it was, shoved the money at him and walked away quickly before she bought anything else. Hurrying out of the market she sighed in relief to be getting back to the shack so she could lie back down. Her scratches were starting to bother her, she just wanted to unload her things before someone snatched them from her and lay down.

As she closed the door behind her, once she arrived back at the shack, she threw her things into the chest, walked over to the bunk and flopped down on top of it. Closing her eyes she fell into a restless, dreamless sleep.

OOC InfoBought: Scabbard - 2 GM, Rope - 1 GM, Belt - 2 SM, Dinner Fork - 1 CM, Table Spoon - 1 CM, Tin Cup - 8 CM
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Avarice on November 14th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Greetings! Salutations! Hello! *insert all other greetings in ze world*

I am Avarice, your lovely AS of Sunberth; and I am here to inform you that there is something wonderful coming your way...A Grade! Yes. You've finished a thread and it was wonderful so below you'll find your hard-earned XP and Lores. Any questions? PM me! (Don't be shy, I don't bite...I promise!) Also, please be sure to edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade!

Firenze
XP
  • Observation +5
  • Rhetoric +3
LORES
  • Rumors of Strange "People" Arriving in Sunberth
  • I Don't Want to Go to the Market!
  • Look, Don't Touch
  • I am Drawn to Shiny Things
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Expenses: -3 gm, 2 sm, 9 cm
  • Purchase: Dagger Scabbard