Closed Eye for an eye, life for a life

When Lo'campo's past catches up to him, someone will have to pay.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Eye for an eye, life for a life

Postby Lo'campo on November 16th, 2014, 7:26 am

87 Fall, Sunberth 514 A.V

The evenings sun shone through his window into his eyes waking him up from his slumber. The blue giant lumbering out from under the sheets proceeded to get dressed, slipping into his robes and equipping his lakan, he soon found himself down stairs and outside where more than a few orphans were outside playing.Things seemed more peaceful now, there were less attacks, which in turn made the children and Lo'campo happy as well. It had seemed that a cloud of luck had traveled over the building and had been sitting there for a while now. He hesitated to let a smile spread across his face, the first that he could count that didn't follow the death of someone by his hands. Looking out from the door and across the yard, he noticed his older sibling Minerva playing with some of the children who were amazed by her beauty. Giving a nod, Lo'campo trotted over to the large tree to rest under it's shade. The warm from his robes, and the cool breeze of the winds comforted him. His eyes began to get heavy, all was peaceful, nothing could ruin his day. It had seemed as if he would finally get a day of rest. Letting his body sink into the trunk of the tree behind him, Lo'campo did something that he had never done before in his life....Relaxed, and a mistake that he had made.

Sounds of screaming children filled the air pulling the Akalak from his afternoon nap. Though he was awake, everything sounded muffled, moving too fast. Taking the time to focus and wake up, he noticed Minerva standing face to face with a hefty sized man. Human, short, muscular, stocky. By the looks of it he was a sailor or at least his tattoos and attire said so. Lo'campo flexed his muscles, remembering his last two run-ins with sailors. His ribs still hurt from the fall not too long ago though he tried to not let it show on his face. "Where is he? I know that he is here. He heard the sailor say. Who was he talking about? Was he just some crazy fool that wandered here? "Sir I don't know who you are speaking of, but I will have to ask you to leave." Minerva shot back. Lo'campo watched, impressed that his older sister had commanded the man to leave though he still refused. "No, not without my ship mate. He's an Akalak, big fella. He was last seen coming here before he disappeared. Same thing with the captain, he left the tavern and went gods know where, and just vanished. So now here I am looking for them."

Lo'campo cursed under his breath. If he'd known that killing those two sailors meant bring more of the bastards, then he would have wiped out the whole tavern one by one. Taking a step forward from behind the tree now gaining the attention of everyone. "Sir, I am going to have to ask you to leave, or I will be forced to make you leave." The man gave a chuckle as if he were mocking Lo'campo. "Who are you supposed to be? You don't scare me. I killed men...things way bigger than you." That's all it took. Fist raised , Lo'campo dealt the man a nice punch into the face before pulling out his lakan. Taking advantage of the first strike, he rushed in looking to make this a quick battle. Approaching the man, Lo'campo pivoted around a dazed swing, bringing his lakan up, before pausing suddenly and catching a strong hook to the jaw. Taking a step back, he tried to catch his breath. His ribs though rested, were not fully healed. Caught off guard, he braced for impact as another forceful blow landed in his chest. Lo'campo stood his ground, bobbing and weaving when he could, taking hits when he couldn't and rarely dishing out any of his own.

A slight flicker of light caught his attention giving him enough time to react. Bringing up his lakan, he blocked the sword that the man had sheathed before he felt the need to use it. Now the situation had gotten dangerous. Lakan at the ready, Lo'campo entered his defensive stance. "Leave now, or die here." Lo'campo spoke trying to intimidate the man.

"Hehe...I think I'll take my chances" The sailor spoke either cocky or just plain stupid, unless he knew of Lo'campo's injury already. Unsure of what to expect, Lo'campo tightened his grip, preparing for what ever would happen. The sailor moved first approaching left, then bring his sword right. Lo'cmapo blocked, the sound of the two blades clashing filling the air. His ribs throbbed. Forcing him to lean more to lessen the pain as well as leaving him self open for a stinging strike. "Blade up" He told himself, the man's sword clashing with his lakan again now sending him into the opposite direction. Another punch from the sailor. His head shook and the world spun for a bit, bringing him back in time to parry the sailor's attack and throw an elbow in retaliation.Pain shot through his body nearly crippling him as he doubled over. He was sure that he had done some form of damage to himself, as he felt warm liquid run down his side. Blood. It had to be, thinking that he must have gotten cut and didn't know it.

He struggled to stand back up as the sailor now approached him with the same smile. The same smile that he himself had when he killed the sailors, the guards, innocent people, and almost a child and baby. He could only imagine that his facial expression was the same as his victim's. Despair, sadness, fear. This was it. There was no way he was going to get out of this one. "Get away from my brother you bastard!" he heard Minerva's voice before seeing her jump onto the man's back clawing with one hand and stabbing him with her Konti dagger thing. "Minerva no!" he yelled out as he struggled to push his body to get to his sister before it was too late. His legs moved but didn't seem as if they were moving fast enough. Standing erect, clenching his teeth to fight the throbbing pain in his ribs, Lo'campo raised his lakan. Only a few feet to go. "Get off me you bitch" The sailor yelled. Lo'campo shuffled quicker now gaining momentum with every hobble and skip. Giving a cry, Lo'campo lunged the rest of the way as Minerva was thrown off and the sailor gave swing. Arm out, he reached for his sister as the two blades met. A clash of steel, the sound of the sliding across one another. The feeling of the blade cutting through his robe and against the chain-mail, into his skin. Lo'campo fell forward onto the man, burying his lakan into the man's side as they all hit the ground.

He had done it, he had saved her. "Minerva." he spoke not wanting to move so he would feel no pain only to get a wheezing response that was hard to make out. Turning his head, he could see his sister lying on her side, her blonde hair stained red. No, no, no, no, Lo'campo felt a lump in his throat as he forced his body to move regardless of the pain. Scurrying over to the limp body of his sister, he quickly turned her over to see a a river of blood flowing from her neck."Lo'camp" She spoke struggling to stay alert. "Minerva! Minerva! he called hoping that she would stand up as if nothing was wrong. "Doctor! some one get a doctor!" He barked to the bystanders as they ran to find help. Tears began to run down his cheeks while his hands caressed her face, stroking her hair back. It'll be ok sis, you'll make it, you will live. What are you standing there for?" Lo'campo barked again to the remaining bystanders ordering them to get help.
Last edited by Lo'campo on December 25th, 2014, 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kechaiya on November 16th, 2014, 8:30 am

NoteCould you change the date to the 87th?

Kechaiya was in a pleasant mood. The sun was warm despite it nearly being winter, and she was munching happily on a sandwich she'd bought at the tavern. It was some really dark bread she wasn't familiar with a thick slab of salty ham and goat cheese. Perched on her crate, she was content tearing apart her sandwich like a wolf did a goat, washing it down with the fruity red in her wineskin.

She was still remembering the night of the Quay party fondly, two nights before. Her and Noven finally came together as a couple that night, and it had been a wonderful emotional and physical experience for the both of them. It was far to early to tell, but Kechaiya found herself wondering if she would become with child from that night. Yesterday that thought had been a bit terrifying, but now, now she had found that she wanted it to be so. She'd been torn from her family nine years ago, maybe now she could make one of her own.

As she finished her meal, she saw a few of the kids from the orphanage running toward her. She smiled at them and waved, only now seeing the panicked look in their eyes. "Miss Kechy! Men fighting back that way, I think a lady is hurt!" Kechaiya was glad she at least got to finish her food before an emergency cropped up. "It dangerous?" The kids all nodded, "One you go find Noven, tell him where I is. Rest, with me, hide, watch me. No get hurt. Understand?"

Normally she never would've thought to make such precautions, but if she were pregnant, she would protect her family to be. One kid took off into the distance, the rest led her to the injured. Arriving at the tree, she saw an Akalak man holding a blonde woman, with another man laying face down in the dirt. Moving over to them, she realized that she knew this man and woman, vaguely. They were the brother and sister that had offered to teach people how to fight and defend themselves, for free. Lo...Lo'carpo and Minora? Something like that. They had been good teachers, calm, pleasant in their teachings, patient.

Only now, Minerva was forming a large pool of blood rather rapidly, a deep slash in her neck the culprit. Her eyes moved to the Akalak who appeared to be injured as well. What in the petch had happened here. Kechaiya could see the color fading from the Konti's face as her heart beat the life right out of her. Even if Kech had been here the moment it happened, there was nothing she could do for the woman. It was beyond her ability. The woman wouldn't have long before Dira took her, a chime at most it seemed. It was an incredibly sad scene before her. These were seemingly good people. And now his sister was dead in his arms.

This was normally the point when Kechaiya would begin price negotiations. But it just felt wrong to talk of price now. Especially since they'd given her something for free. She might not be able to save his sister, but she could fix him up for free, erase the self contracted debt her mind said she owed. Mizas wouldn't even be in the discussion.

"Lo'carpo... Is I, Kechaiya. I doctor. She gone. Dira take her soon. No can fix."
Kechaiya
Player

Words: 234856
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2014, 3:35 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lo'campo on November 16th, 2014, 2:11 pm

A woman approached from the corner of his eye. He recognized the woman, but couldn't remember from where. Was she a doctor? Oh please let her be a doctor. Lo'campo watched as the woman stood there looking, observing Minerva as if she were some sad play. More tears began to roll down his face, when her eyes shifted down. No, he knew that it couldn't be true, but the words coming from the doctor's mouth confirmed it. "No!, save her. You have to save her. She will make it, I know she will." He held up a bloody hand signalling for the doctor to come over. "Please, what do you need, coin? I...I have coin, how much? Lo'campo fidgeted with his miza pouch taking a few of the little coin he had left and showing it to the woman before placing the pouch onto the ground. "Lo'campo, it's ok. She's a doctor, she knows what she is doing" Minerva's weakening voice whispered from her mouth. "Look, she's talking so she will be ok right? Right?"

The crowd from before had gathered around to watch the now heart wrenching event. "Do something! You're a doctor isn't it what your supposed to do! Lo'campo yelled to the woman now getting frustrated. He was mad, at everything, everyone. The children for not retrieving help fast enough, the doctor for not arriving fast enough, himself for being the reason of all this. [goolefont=Arvo]"Lo'campo, what did I tell you about treating others. This woman has come to help you so shall treat her with respect and let her tend to your wounds."[/googlefont] Minerva spoke again. The pool of blood had gotten larger now as it soaked his clothing. There had to be something he could do, anything. He tried putting his hand over the wound to try to stop the red liquid from coming out, but that only proved to make it run in a different direction. He was panicking now trying to squeeze her blood from his hands back into her mouth, but it didn't seem to be doing anything either. "Please, I beg of you. Help." The words more desperate now than upset. He sobbed more now clutching her hand into his own. It was cold to the touch, her usual warm soft feeling hands now cold and somewhat stiff. On his knees, he traveled to the doctor taking hold of her hand and tugging at her to approach his sister.

A deep breath from Minerva got his attention before it was slowly released. Scurrying back to her side he watched her eyes began to roll. "Hey!" he yelled, bring her back to wherever she was dozing off to for a moment. Her hand brushed his face as she tried to what looked like a smile. "Little brother, it's ok. Mother is calling me. She said that she loves you. Let me go with mother. She said that she loves you and misses you dearly and loved watching you grow up into a very large man. I love you little brother" her words now slurred. she swallowed a bit before opening her mouth again. "I'm coming home, coming home. Tell the world I'm coming home. Let the rain wash away all the pains of yesterday.." Minerva began to sing the tune she sang to him when they were younger before her voice trailed off. Mouth closed, eyes rolled back before they closed. A rise and fall of her chest before she went still. "And my kingdom awaits, and they've forgiven my mistakes. I'm coming home, coming home, tell the world I'm coming." Lo'campo finished the tune before bursting into tears he sat and cried holding his sister in his arms. He looked to the doctor for an answer dreading that he already knew. "Sh..She's ok right?...Right?...She's just sleeping right? There he sat in her blood. Her face pale and blue, her body cold. Lo'campo sent a child for his other clothes, using them to dress Minerva hoping to warm her up.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kechaiya on November 16th, 2014, 5:51 pm

She stood by passively as he begged her, pleaded her to save his sister's life. And if she could, she would have. She didn't know of any doctor that could've saved her, save Orion, and they would've had to have been here, with their supplies, when it happened. And even then, it was a long shot. "All the miza in world won't stop Dira. You need say goodbye while can." Kechaiya listened to the woman's weakening voice. It was funny, in a morbid way. His sister was the one with more blood out than in, and yet she sounded more clear and reasonable than he did. But it was when she saw him trying to get her to drink her own blood that she realized his mind was gone, if only temporarily. That meant he was dangerous.

He had grabbed her hand, and insistently tugged at her, to bring her down, to get her to help in some way. Kechaiya sat upon her knees beside him, and pulled her hand from his, and placed it on his shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly. As the woman's eyes began to loll, she knew it was ticks away. Was the woman speaking the truth, had she actually spoken with her dead mother as she knocked on Dira's door? The pair sang a little tune together, softly, sadly, like the song of the dying swan. It was beautiful and unsettling. And it broke Kechaiya's heart. She didn't even the woman's name, and she was shedding tears for her.

As he clutched at her body, she knew the woman was gone. She said a quick prayer in Tawna, hoping Dira grant the woman safe passage. When he asked her the impossible, she quietly replied, "No. She with Dira now. I sorry Lo'campo. I no can fix her." As the child arrived with Lo's clothes, Kechaiya took them. It would do nothing to ruin clothes on the lost, especially when it seemed she had work to do.

"Can carry her to you home? I need fix you, so you no join her. When fix, we take her to Dust Beds, and lay her rest."
Kechaiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lo'campo on November 16th, 2014, 7:42 pm

She was right, Minerva was gone. All he was doing was holding the empty shell that her soul once filled. Doing as he was told, he released. Letting go of her body and picking her up in his arms. Dead weight, as her arm flung about at his side. Her blonde hair covered the lethal wound, making her look as if she were sleeping. He wished she was sleeping, better yet wishing that he was sleeping and that this was all just a dream. Taking her body inside, he entered his room, the feeling of it being empty hit him as he walked through. Placing Minerva onto the bed, he fetched water to clean her up. First her body, then washing her hair to make sure she was clean. Though the tears had stopped doing the task hurt him so. Tossing her clothing aside, Lo'camp brought the sheets up and over her body to keep her dignity.

Quietly he sat watching her. How could he let this happen. He would seek revenge soon. Twirling his lakan in hand, the presence of the doctor caught his attention. Standing up only to slouch back down to ease the pain, he removed his robes, striping down to his undergarments exposing the bruise on his already injured ribs, the cuts on his arm and legs, and other scars and marks on his body. Taking a seat in a chair, he waited for her to approach. Flipping his hair to where it wouldn't touch the floor or get in the way. He sat now plotting his revenge. "I'm going to kill all of the petching sailors in this accursed city...I shouldn't have let her stay. I should have made her leave when she first knocked on my door." He sat grumbling at the dead man that lay in the yard of the Quarter.

He sat still waiting for the doctor to began. She was smaller than most he'd run into, looked fragile as well, but being a doctor was totally different than being a guard. Psh. Some guard he was, he couldn't even save his own sister who gave her life to save him. A knock on the door and the black hair of Jilene entering the room."What's this I hear about people dying?" she asked her facial expression the same as ever. "We had some trouble, I almost died, but my sister interfered and helped me take him down while dying in the process." The words quietly left his mouth making him sound like a child. Jilene stood there listening then giving time to think. "Just because she's dead doesn't mean her rent is excused." The words cut through him like a blade. How dare she speak of his sister like she was some thing. "I'm gonna kill you bitch!" His voice bellowed as he went to stand, only to be seated by pain. "You're upset, so I am going to let that comment slide this time. She spoke before exiting the room. How dare she insult his family like that. Cursing under his breath, he awaited the doctor to do her job.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kechaiya on November 16th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Kech followed Lo'campo quietly as he carried his sister home. She hung limply in his arms, not a Konti any more but a mere sack of flesh. Entering in behind him, she purposefully didn't close the door, in case she needed to make a run for it. Cringing as he set her on his bed, knowing the blood would seep beneath the sheets, for surely the table would've been the better choice. She turned away as he began pulling off her clothes, assuming to clean her and prepare her for the grave. She didn't know the burial rites of the Konti or Akalak people but had come to learn most were fairly similar. Setting her pack on his table, she began pulling out all the usual equipment. He'd grown quiet, so Kech followed suit, not wishing to upset him further. She knew he was in a touchy state, anyone would be.

Once Minerva was wrapped in the sheet, he sat down at the table, now in his undergarments. He had a nasty bit of bruising on his right side ribs, surely from an earlier injury. No bruise formed that fast. Moving to his left, she saw the slash along us his upper arm. It wasn't life threatening, for it seemed fairly shallow, not even one knuckle deep. It was oozing blood, slowly, it would be a simple clean and stitch job. She pulled out her jar of grain alcohol, her sewing kit, some rags and bandages, and her herbal salve.

Listening to his vindictive ranting, she dipped a clean rag in the alcohol and began scrubbing at the wound. She knew it would sting, but had a feeling this man wouldn't like even notice. Scrub, dip, scrub, dip. When she was confident it was clean enough, she stuck a finger in her salve of belltor, jile berries and bark and fauxsil, and applied it liberally within the wound. She'd been correct in assuming it was shallow, half inch at best. She coated all the inner walls of the wound, knowing it would stop the bleeding, keep it clean, and help it heal faster.

Cleaning her hands, she prepared her needle for the stitches, threading it with ease. She grabbed her clamps, ready to begin, when Jillene showed up. The short, blind Isur proprietor probably came in lieu of Noven. She was blunt as ever, and stuck with the business first as she always did. When Lo'campo exploded, Kechaiya winced, expecting the short, brutal beat down that Jillene was well versed in giving. But the woman let him off, and he should be rather grateful for it. She gave Kechaiya a curt nod, and left.

Since he was seated again, she set back to work in silence. Dipping the clamps in the alcohol, she picked up the needle and did the same. There was nothing complicated about this one. It would be several simple interrupted stitches. She punched the needle through the skin, and popped it across the opening about halfway down the depth of the wound and pushed it in through the other side. Steering it upwards, she pulled it out with the other clamps, and then did a quick double square knot. Putting one set of clips in the alcohol, she grabbed a pair of scissors, and snipped the excess. It was a quick process, adding a stitch ever third of an inch. When she was done, she put a little of the salve over the wound and stuck a thrice folded bandage to over it. Grabbing another clean bandage, she quickly wrapped it, from top to bottom, leaving it just firm enough to get two fingers, but not three beneath. When she was finished she splashed alcohol on her hands and rubbed them together, then packed away her tools.

Pulling out a pouch of dried tolm leaves and left it on his table. "When get back, make leaves into tea for pain. Two leaves a cup. Help heal. Ready?" She slung her cloak on and her pack followed, more than ready to be rid of this sad situation.
Kechaiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lo'campo on November 16th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Before he knew it, she was done. Looking at his arm seeing that it had been stitched up and cleaned."Thank you." he spoke giving his arm a good exercise, he stood up, getting dressed and walking to the bed fetching what used to be his sister before going down stairs and out the door. "Boy, fetch me a shovel." he told one of the children who disappeared, then returned with the tool in hand. "Thank you, even though you didn't do much for her, thank you for patching me up. How much do I owe?" he asked the doctor now with the shovel in hand digging a grave. The shovel slid in easily due to his strength, his rippling muscles lifting the dirt up and out of the ground. His ribs continued to pain him, but he deserved it. He had made it a ways down before running into rocks and hard soil. Kneeling down, he lifted the small boulders out from the ground, thinking of using them for the grave. Moving down deeper into the earth, Lo'campo stopped once he was up to his chest.

Sweat trickled down his face as he struggled to pull himself up from the hole. Taking a breath, he hoisted the body up, slowly sliding back into the ground with it. It was more emotionally painful than physical to put his sister down to eternal rest. Bringing a pillow that he took from his room, he placed it under her head in a way that would seem comfortable. Taking a look at her positioning, he make a few corrections. She may have been dead, but she was going to be comfortable doing it. Returning to the surface, he began pilling dirt back into the ground. Slowly at first seeing that the dirt scattered on impact getting into her face and hair, then more quickly after she was covered. The hole filled at smoothed out, Lo'campo proceeded in positioning the rock found in the grave and engraving with his lakan
"Here lies Minerva Campo. A great person, even better sister."
before gathering colorful flowers to place around her grave.

Standing up, he turned to the doctor to thank her again, his miza in hand awaiting her price. Emotions began to build in his chest as the thoughts rushed through his mind. Reaching out his arms he embraced the doctor, picking her up from the ground to his level and giving her a well meant hug.Turning back to the grave he sat, quietly enjoying the scenery with his sister before he got up to remove the dead sailor from the property. The choices he had made were the reason behind Minerva's death. He swore that he was going to kill every bastard out there that raised their blades against another for evil doing. He was going to kill every sailor in Sunberth that even dared to glance his way, he was going to change, do something better than killing innocents. He had to change. Minerva gave her life for him therefore changing his "Habits" would be little to nothing for him to do. This he swore.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kechaiya on November 17th, 2014, 1:23 am

Kechaiya considered telling Lo'campo to take it easy, to not further aggravate his injuries. But he had that look in his eye, the one saying he was not a man to stop or be stopped. And now he planned to dig a grave. That would petching hurt. He needed this though, to take his mind off of it all. When he asked for her price, she just shook her head, "You teach me fight, no pay. Now, even." She followed him outside, and watched as he dug her grave, right there in the street. She wanted to tell him that was a bad idea, to tell him that looters would dig her up looking for valuables, that it would hurt to walk past her every day.

But she didn't. Because he needed this. Logic held no water right now. Ebony eyes watched as he toiled in the soil. She doubted she could ever dig a grave if necessary, and that was without the damage dibs and slashed arm. Time ticked by, and it was arduous work, dedicated work, especially when those large rocks were taken out. Would she be able to put forth the same effort if, gods forbid, Noven died? She liked to think she could, and would. Syna was already close to forfeiting the sky to her lover Leth when he finally put Minerva to rest.

The final grains of soil tossed in, he etched his words of her into the stone, and placed her first flowers there. Perhaps when spring came, Kech would return and plant some flowers here. When he extended his hand with the miza in it, she gently closed it, shaking her head.

And then she was suddenly picked up roughly and embraced in a massive hug. It wasn't violent or painful, just surprisingly aggressive. When she was finally set back down, she stood down looking at the impromptu grave. She decided to say a prayer in Tawna for the poor woman, for her broken Common just couldn't do it justice. She had learned many things this season, and they came forth now.

"Minerva, daughter of Laviku, Rak'keli, and Avalis, may your soul not rest in earth, but in the sea. May Dira guide you fair and true, and you rejoin the cycle, to once more bring your light and happiness to this dark world. Rest well, swim fast, and return to use again, Minerva, sister of Lo'campo."
Kechaiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lo'campo on November 18th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Not understanding a word that was said, Lo'campo still nodded to the doctor's words, thinking that they were some form of prayer. He glanced at the grave, memories rushing back. Tears starting to form in his eyes again only to be wiped away by his hand. Laying down next to his sister, he would soon have to get up and dispose of the body left in the yard before it began to smell. Maybe the doctor could use it for something. He glanced back up to the woman who was still standing there. Her face red, had she been crying to? Minerva must have made some friends during her time in Sunberth though short lived.

A hand brushing across fresh stitches, a nod of the head to thank her again, even more for offering her services free of charge. Standing up, he walked over to the dead sailor first retrieving his lakan from the man, then taking hold of his legs. Though he appeared light, Lo'campo had the hardest time struggling to pull the man across the yard due to his injuries and the grave digging that had nearly exhausted him completely. Foot tucked under his arm, he dragged the body toward the Quarter aiming to go around to the back. He wasn't going to bury this one, he had plans. Petching sailors, he now had a newly formed hate for the people. Kneeling down to sit the deceased man up behind the high grass and brush, Lo'campo went to return to his sister's grave.

He was going to kill every single on of the bastards that he ran into. Minerva's death would not be in vain. Minerva, would she really like that? Would she have looked at him the same if she knew about his secret life? It was the senseless killing that had gotten her killed in the first place. He knew he had to stop, but didn't know how. It was the only thing he knew, not a habit but a lifestyle. Back with his sibling, he sat down. He silently swore to avenge her death, and emptying the streets of the scum that threatened not only her life, but the lives of everyone else within this crime ruined city. He didn't care how long it would take nor how hard the battle. He would train, push himself in everything he did. He would not kill innocents anymore, only those that had done wrong. Minerva gave her life for him, so the least he could do was live it for her. Giving one last goodbye to his family and friend, Lo'campo thanked the doctor once again before retreating to his apartment.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kechaiya on November 19th, 2014, 3:57 am

Watching Lo'campo drag the body away, after giving her a curt nod, Kechaiya went and sat next to the grave. She didn't know much about Minerva and wished she knew her favorite flowers. Kechaiya knew several of the flowers that grew around Sunberth, if only because she used some of them in her medicines. Whites and yellows came to mind for colors, and perennials so that they would always come back. She saw Syna was beginning to set, and that sent her mind on an interesting direction. Konti women had always reminded Kechaiya more of Leth than Syna with their pale skin and light hair. Perhaps she could use those colors coupled with flowers that only boomed at night. This only left her with two flowers that she knew of, white Moon Flowers and yellow Evening Primroses. She made sure to keep this in mind come spring, it was the least she could do.

Some of the children came and sat next to her, and as they did so, she was reminded of the delusion she was under. She wouldn't be pregnant, the tea she'd been taking ever since her coupling with Noven would ensure that, and she felt as if her Leth cycle was ready to come any time now. Maybe it was for the best that she didn't have this child yet. She barely knew Noven, and he barely knew her. This gave them more time to get ready, more time to learn more about one another. But she knew at least one thing. She wanted to be with Noven until the day he buried her. And so help her gods if he died first, she would find a way to bring him back so she could kill him herself.

Standing up, she and the children walked back to the orphanage. She didn't go into see Noven though, not wanting to bring her post funeral gloom into their little bubble. She'd see him soon. Heading back home, Kechaiya knew now what she was going to do with the masses of money she'd made from all the idiot gangsters and others that had been injured. She would open a clinic. She'd heard that the Sun's Birth would help with things like that, and even provide protection. If she ran a clinic people could trust, maybe people like Minerva wouldn't die so needlessly. Or at least not as often.
Kechaiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next