Location [Location] The Raised Sun

A place for Non-Drykas to get a job in the city and for Drykas to earn some extra cash.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Location] The Raised Sun

Postby Tribal on November 20th, 2014, 3:12 pm

The Raised Sun

A small golden pavillion that is more often than not found near the River Flower, the Raised Sun is the go-to tent for outsiders or Drykas looking for jobs to be done. Run by the Topaz clan, the Raised Sun is generally occupied by a man whose main job is to funnel and sift through the various occupations and help needed and record the various positions and assignments that are held in Endrykas.

The tent is small, with a medium-sized collapsible wooden desk in the center, often stacked high with books, a pot of ink or two, and quills. A man sits behind it, tall and skinny and almost always appearing as if he'd much rather be riding his strider than sitting at his boring desk job, however necessary it may be. The outside of the tent is a golden yellow, rather plain looking and with no flags. The floor of the tent is uncovered, trampled grass forming the floor. A single, plain wooden chair sits off to the side, for the rare occasions that more than one person requires the assistance of the man behind the desk.

Once spoken to, a simple inquiry into the skills and desired occupation is all that he says before recording it into his books. Each book is labeled by pavilion and sorted into stacks by clan, leaving an awful lot of paperwork. The small room is otherwise neat and empty.

Name: Dernan Sunwalker
Race: Drykas
DoB: 468 (46 Years old)
PoB: Sea of Grass
Title: Bookkeeper/clerk
Skills: Writing- 88, Mathematics- 70, Copying- 80, Cartography- 59

An older Drykas and one of the best book keepers in the city. Dernan has been working at the rising some for the last 16 years. He has always been one to figure problems out through the use of writing, mathematics and mapping things out. A rather tall man with long flowing brown hair and matching brown eyes. Dernan does not discuss or take bribes for special treatment. He gives you jobs based on what you say you can do and how well you can do it.

For Outsiders, the Raised Sun can provide you with a temporary job while you stay within the city. Often working alongside one of the clans.

For Drykas, the Raised Sun will have odd jobs for extra cash or other awards. Jobs are usually request handed in by a Clan or Drykas for something that they need done that they do not have the time or manpower to do. It can be anything from hunting to babysitting and so on.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Quzon on March 30th, 2016, 11:44 pm

9th Day of Spring, 516 A.V.
11th Bell

Quzon hadn't had a life that he would call 'lucky' or 'good'. Things never really seemed to fall in his favor - other than the fact that he had managed to avoid death for as long as he had. Hell, even his own clan forced him into learning Reimancy at a young age just to see he could survive to test his worth. And by the will of Myri, he had endured that torture. The half-isur was doing his best to remain strong given his current circumstances.

He was only here because his father had summoned him to the Tent City. And the fact that his father had been no where to be seen did not go unnoticed. Quzon did not have much in the way of power or money. Nothing that could actually help him find his father; they hardly spoke and when they did though correspondence the conversation were strained. So It was out of general need to survive that he sought out a job.

He entered the tent wearing only his tattoos and a loincloth, carrying an overstuffed backpack over one shoulder and an equally heavy rucksack over the other. He placed his things down and approached the desk with some amount of trepidation in not knowing the language.

He gave the man behind the desk a faint nod, then spoke in incredibly broken common. "I, Quzon. Seek job." The mixed blood carefully listened to the man speak. There were a few words that he didn't understand, be he did pick out that the man asked about his skills. "Skill, can care of animals. Am novice." His expression seemed fixed towards agitation as he stared down at the papers on the mans desk. Hopefully, he had explained his skills well.

Dernan Sunwalker seemed to stare at Quzon for a long moment, then suddenly broke his gaze to sort through a stack of papers. Dernan's shuffluing came to an end once he focused on one paper in particular. It was apparent that Quzon was no native, so spoke in very slow common so that the foreigner could understand him. "There is a place in the city known as The Pride'. Many of the cities livestock and young hunting animals are bred there. Given your skill set, you will be allowed to work there as an Animal handler." As Dernan was talking, he had already written out an Official Job application. "You will find it located to the East of here in among the Emerald Clan. Simply find the green tents."

"Sign here please, Quzon."

Quzon glanced down to a paper the man slid towards him. He could make out some of the words, but ignored them as he set a quill to ink. The mixed blood gathered all his things and gave Dernan a stern nod before leaving. When Dernan read over the foreigner's signature, he found two interesting things. He ignored the name 'Quzon' written in chicken scratch, and focused on two Isur runes that were drawn beside the name. To anyone who could read Isur, they signified that he was a Gemshock of the Pitrius Clan.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Planter on May 2nd, 2016, 2:58 am

58th Day, Spring Season, 516. Sometime mid-morning.

Planter stood basking in the hot spring weather and he smiled inwardly to himself, because not only had he made it to Endrykas, but he had done practically on his own, without the help of his family. Planter chuckled to himself, until he realized, ' What now? Which, the little Pyconian had never planned for, except a general concept, which at the current moment, would do him no good. Standing in one of the many foot paths of the tent city, people looked at him oddly, which made the little clay pot man feel even more out of place. Never the less, he greeted each and everyone that looked in his direction with the one word in Pavi that he practiced many times in his head, " Semekhe....Semekhe ...Semekhe." which some people did nod in reply, while others just simply walked away.
' Next time, Planter practice trying to learn the language of the people abit hard, than you won't feel like a COMPLETE imbecile' , Planter thought.

" Ho there little clay man!" a man bellowed from behind him. He turned and saw the portly man he had purchased his journal from several Bells ago, Tomas the Tome Dealer.
" You look a little lost. Whatsta matter? Isn't this where ya wanted ta be dropped off? Tomas shouted from a couple stone throws away. Tomas, hopped off his wagon and began walking toward Planter barking orders to his employees as he passed, who only replied with grumble and lazily began unloading the wagon.
" Swear it's hard ta find good help these days. You'd think if I paid them, they'd be grateful. Bah! Useless slugs is what they are. About as useful as ma son. Twerp. Anyway, whatsta matter little fella?"
Planter clasped his heads together, looking towards the ground, " I just realized, I have no idea where to go from here. "
Tomas bellowed a hearty laugh," You don't say?! Well, lemme send you off in tha right direction, lad. See that gold colored tent over there? Well, one of my best customers works in there, Dernan's his name and I think he could help ya out with yer situation. And if nothing pans out, the caravan's headin' out in a few Bells, so yer welcome to head to Kenash with us. " Planter thanked the book dealer and bid his farewells, walking hasitly towards the golden tent. The distant threats of Tomas behind him, ordering his underlings about.

As he reached the entrance of the tent, the little Pyconian peeked inside, careful as to not disturb anyone within and gently side stepped inside. The tent itself was quiantly decorated, save for the stack of books and paperwork on the desk infront of him. Though Planter couldn't feel it, the tent was boiling hot from what seemed to be an early onset of Summer. The Drykasian that sat behind the desk, looked up from his work and the sight of the Pyconian standing at his entranceway bewildered him. With merely a raised eyebrow, he gestured the little clay man forward," Name, experiences or skills and desired job. Dernan said, matter-of-factly. Planter walked toward the desk, hands clasped in front of him, the digits of his 'fingers' rubbing each other, unsure of what else to do with them.

Well...huh...My name's Planter...and huh...It's a pleasure to meet you! " he piped up anxiously.

Dernan merely stared at him," Experience or skills and desired job. "

" Well, I'm quite skilled in Herbalism and being able to identify certain plants that have a basic benefical need. I suppose, I could be helpful in a Herbalist capacity. ' Planter continued to fidget underneith the stare of the old Drykas," Huh, I was told I could meet with Dernan here. Tomas. Tomas the Tome Dealer sent me here. Do you know Dernan? "

Dernan scribbled down a few notes in his book, then picked up the book and pen and leaned over his chair, gesturing with a nod for Planter to approach, " Sign here and then I'll give you your assignment" Planter walked slowly up to the Drykas and took the pen and quickly scribbled his name where he was suppose to sign, handing the pen back to Dernan.
Dernan leaned back up from his chair and set the book and pen aside, " You will go to the River Flower. It is the tent with many colored flags. Meet with Sadara. She will give you more information. Now, go."

Planter nodded and walked away briskly to the tent entrance way and went outside looked around for the River Flower.
Planter~ Radiant Pycon Wandererhttp://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic64871.html
Planter
Modern Day Johnny Appleseed

Words: 17493
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2016, 3:07 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal