Closed Cairn of Lies [Gale McCenry]

A certain ghost and a certain human reunite.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Cairn of Lies [Gale McCenry]

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on December 6th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Kendhl watched as his hand emitted a soft glow. That was new. She was absolutely sure he didn't have it before she died. It seemed to calm Gale, allowing some peace to settle over him. His face wasn't tight with sadness and fear any longer, and she let out a gentle sigh.

After a few chimes the glow died down, and they were left staring at skin. She'd liked that little glow. It made her feel better. Gale started to speak.

Ricky was sick. He'd gone to Syliras. Martin must be the little baby of Ricky and Telion's. He'd tried to kill himself.

The ghost sat up and raised an eyebrow. He'd tried to kill himself. But then he said Priskil saved him, and her mouth fell open. "Priskil? You met a goddess? Holy shyke, Gale. That's amazing. That's huge. And she gave you a gnosis? Wow. What was she like?"

She pretty much ignored the part about his job. She knew what the Loveless was. Her hands went to his mark, projecting her soulmist onto him to lift the mutilated body part. She raised it to her face, scrutinizing the beautiful golden vortex.

"Wow," she whispered. While she was happy for him, she was also somewhat envious. He managed to survive long enough to get the blessing of a god, whereas she had her time stolen from her. Still, he was her bondmate, and he still had plenty of time left.

Kendhl drew the soulmist back into herself, allowing his hand to drop through her insubstantial form.

Common - Fratava

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Oh that's so cool Gale. That's so cool that you met a Goddess who you only met because she saved you from drowning yourself in the ocean. It's so amazing that you are so low in life that you managed to think that life was not worth living but were saved by a Goddess who pitied you so much that they came all the way down from their throne above to save you and mark you so you remember it for the rest of your days. That's so cool.

The blonde's lips curled into his mouth, eye brows furrowing. She did ask a question though. But as he filed through that day so long ago, all images of her seemed to have been erased. He couldn't feel her arms around him when he was pulled out of the water, couldn't feel her hands on his chest, hear her voice even. She was nothing when he looked.

The murderer looked at the dead as she started to raise his hand for her to gawk at the shimmering swirl. His face relaxed, but his lips pulled into a frown. Wow. The poor girl. If only she knew.

She let her soul mist leave his hand, Gale able to bring it back to himself and look at it himself. He tried and tried again, remembering as vividly as his mind would allow, picturing the scene when he woke up from his watery grave. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was as if she wasn't even there.

"
I don't remember..." He mumbled, his full hand deciding to glide over and cover the gnosis. "I can't remember..."

Even his friend had left him. Left him and his sorrowful memories to himself.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on December 6th, 2014, 10:09 pm

"Aw. That sucks. I bet she was really cool, though. Do you, um, do you want to go back to Zeltiva? Maybe you could get a drink or something?" Kendhl stood and pretended to brush dirt from her knees. It was a habit she'd kicked a long time ago, or thought so. But Gale was here, and she thought it best to act alive, even if she wasn't. It might make him feel better.

It certainly helped her. She attempted to materialize again, but found herself too tired to muster the strength to do so. Still, she looked like she used to before the attack again, instead of a wispy, gaunt-faced spirit chasing away any living creature. She had kept her throat wounds and broken leg from showing for a while. She didn't like to see the blood on her clothes anyways, even when she was trying to keep people away.

Kendhl kept talking, trying to distract her bondmate from his sadness. "So, like, I've figured out how to blink to scare people who get near here. It's really fun. Oh! And the other day, I made this guy piss his pants. It was hilarious. He was this huge, muscular brawler-type guy, and he like, let out this really high scream and pissed his pants."

She paced around Gale, chattering. "And- and then I kicked a squirrel away 'cause it was trying to bury some nuts. It didn't hear me 'cause I'm a gh- 'cause I'm sneaky like that." She managed to stop herself before completing the word 'ghost'. It'd probably make him uncomfortable to hear her say it again, and it was probably a good idea to avoid words like that.

"Oh! So what's up with you? How's Zeltiva, anyways? You look hungry. Probably should get something to eat along with that drink."

Common - Fratava

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 6th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Sitting there in the dirt while Kendhl offered her suggestions, Gale simply remained silent. His heart was yearning to ask questions. Why did she come back? Why didn't she come sooner, how did feel about the situation? Did she feel bitter? Did she know he lied to her? Did she know he wasn't himself anymore? Did she know that this life was trying to strangle him ever second of every day?

That she was just one of it's tools to do such?

By the time his head had spun itself around all the countless questions, Kendhl had already went off on a tangent about what she had done while he was away. Scaring people and animals. Blinking around like she had done to him. Did she know the horrors of which she spoke of? Did she have any idea of the trauma she has caused? Was she just insane like him and didn't care? Was he insane like her?

Did he care?

Gale managed to slowly stand himself up. He felt his knees shake and tremble, despite the fact that they were just as stable as any other day. He watched he ground, allowing the cheery ghost to finish her suggestions about food and drink. He wasn't even sure if he was hungry or not, but he nodded anyway, finally looking back at her with smile, his eyes have become less red.

"
Sure." He placed his hands in his pockets again. He had to accept it after all.

Maybe he didn't care.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on December 6th, 2014, 11:02 pm

The ghost's face had broken out into a grin stretching from ear to ear. Gale was standing. He'd accepted her words. He wasn't crying any longer. He was smiling.

Kendhl started heading back towards Zeltiva. She moved her legs this time instead of just floating, acting like the living. Her grey eyes were bright with excitement. She hadn't visited the city in two seasons. She could've gone back at any time, but she had no reason to. She could see Ricky and Telion, and even little Martin -- the one she'd never met before.

"Alright! Let's go, then. So anyways, I was, like, walking through the Wildlands a few weeks ago and I found this really interesting..."

Common - Fratava

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Keene Ward on December 31st, 2014, 9:07 am

“It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."
- Poirot

Gale :
Skills:
  • Land Navigation | +1 EXP
    Storytelling | +1 EXP
    Observation | + 5 EXP
    Socialization | +5 EXP
    Philosophy | +1 EXP
Lores:
  • Ghosts: Intangible
    Ghosts: Cold Touch
    Kendhl Pilkvist: Ghost
    Self-Gnosis: Grief Counseling

Post Script :
Augh. D: This was not a happy read. You definitely sold Gale's guilt and anguish over Kendhl's death, and the resolution at the end? That was great. It was an interesting choice from being so upset, and I think it read really strong.

PM me if you have any questions!

Kendhl :
Skills:
  • Soulmist Projection| +1 EXP
    Materialization | +2 EXP
Lores:
  • Ghost: Blinking
    Materialization: By Force of Will
    Ricky's Past: An Illness Cured
    Gale's Past: An Attempt at Suicide
    Gale's Past: "Loveless"
    Gale: Marked by Priskil
    Martin: Ricky and Telion's Baby

Post Script :
Kendhl's way of trying to make everything better by pretending like everything is ok? I was having a hard time reading it because it was just so sad. You were able to pull at my hear with every single thing she said. You played off of Gale's anguish with that juxtaposition of Kendhl's childishness really effectively. Great work!

PM me if you have any questions!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Previous