Solo A Dagger to the Heart

If only there was another way out...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Dagger to the Heart

Postby Kaie on December 16th, 2014, 3:01 am

2nd of Winter, 514 AV
1st Bell

"Fin says you've been asking for me," The dark silhouette voiced as it blocked the dimly lit hallway at its back. There came the creaking of the door and the loud click as it closed behind the figure. The world became dark again until there was a clicking, which gave birth to new light upon the wick of a candle soon after. It was an ironic twist, Kaie had to admit, the illumination of her darkened world (which had consisted only of a single room the past few days) coming from a single flame held by an prospective Azenth. Perhaps it was a metaphor he used to torture her into submission, subjecting her to perpetual darkness until he freed her from it with firelight, probably much like it felt when he found out about Ivak. She could make out the stern lines of his jaw now. She recognized the shadows cast across the planes of his face. The fire practically reflected upon the mirror-like black eyes. The eyes that looked so much like the boy she once knew, but so strange at the same time.

"Yes...I have," Her voice came like a confident whisper, something like concession and strength wrapped into one. When Tsu'kai finally conceded to light the set of candles upon the table a few steps forward, his eyes widened when they found her. The Myrian woman rose from the foot of the bed and sauntered her way toward him. Amber eyes lingered upon the floor when she stopped no more than a foot from the man. Then they blinked up to find his stare, that potent fire he'd found so endearing when they'd met at the Training Yards very much alive.
"I wanted to ask you something." He stiffened, the slaver in him turning him to stone though she could feel the energy that boiled within him. The desire for her defeat he so craved that would seal their fate.
"I'm here now. Ask me." The Myrian woman paused in her steadiness for a tick. Her hands clenched and released from fists at her sides.

"Is it true?"
"Is what true?"

"That after all these years you still love me, even now?"

It was his turn to pause this time. Ticks seemed like bells as Kaie stared up at the man, watched the stone-like state of his stare upon her. Empty. Possessed. Suddenly, his hands shot out to grip her arms in a gentle but urgent fashion, and just like that the slaver melted away for a precious moment to reveal the boy once more.
"I've never stopped loving you. Not one day since you up and left. It was never over for me, Kaie." His coal eyes searched her, a determined grit coming to his jaw in his mad desperation. He pulled her to him, close enough so that her chest pressed against his. Tsu'kai shook his head. "It's still not over." And as if in that one moment he had the power to defy the time that passed them, to spite Lhex and his cruelty for the years apart, he pressed his lips to her. Oh, how quickly she had fallen into old habits, her lips moving fluidly with his despite her previous judgments. His arms fell to her lower back to embrace her. Her own hands found their way to clasp the back of his neck and rest against his pectoral.

When he could stand to break from his own dream brought to life, he pulled away. "I've told you time and again how I've loved you. The first time at the overlook by the falls on that day you left Taloba. Twice more here in this very room. And still to this day you haven't answered me after all these years." Kaie bit her lip and took a step back. In a tick the center button that secured her vest slipped from its leather trap to expose her to him. Question forgotten, he seized her once more with a kiss. And passion led them to collapse upon the bed.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Dagger to the Heart

Postby Kaie on December 16th, 2014, 5:31 am

Caught in a lover's embrace she found herself just as lost within nostalgia and passion as she did in any part of the jungle they were born in. So familiar was it to their final night together in Taloba, but this time they were both hungrier. Their play was more urgent as if they were racing against time, fighting to make worth what little they had left of their lives. His lips wandered from hers down her body, neck, traveling down to her chest. Kaie shoved him off her and turned the tables on his with a rotation of her hips. Braced beneath her now, her hands went to remove his vest. Her hand paused upon the red leather of his tunic, brushing painfully across the emblem of Ivak upon the breast that so ruled him. Her gaze found the ceiling and she inadvertently bit her lip. When she felt his hands wandering her thighs, she buried the stab in her chest and remembered herself.

With a few tugs on the lacing the tunic was undone and pulled over his head. She gave it a toss, discarding it on the floor below. The same emblem pinned to his shirt was tattooed over his heart. A thick, black ink flame. He reached for her loincloth to liberate her from its hold, but she grabbed both his hands and pinned them up near his head, silencing his protest with the meeting of their lips. Rocking back to sit up straight, her fingers worked on the lacing of his trousers next. Pleasure was conveyed by the satisfied smile on his face as his hands explored her. They were almost innocent, really. Boyish only in the time he spent feeling along her flesh, taking his time to let her lead as any Myrian man tended to. He did not fight her coquettish demands to let her do the undressing to tease him. Tsu'kai took joy in relenting, staring up at her with lust as he rested below her. Letting his love-lost guide his fantasy.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)