Stalking [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Stalking [Open]

Postby Vanator on November 19th, 2010, 7:40 pm

Vanator grinned as his young friend bagan to unravel the epic (in his mind) tale of his lost bow. He found it amusing how the tall Drykas gave it such a theatrical retelling. He would be a good father, surely his son's will look up to him in awe as he regaled them with his adventures.

Vanator did not have such a grandiose remembrance of the adventure, or misadventure. It had been foolish, at least for him, to follow Kayiri and Hex, strangers, on their suicide mission to Din for that stinking bow. But Van had his own ax to grind, as it were. Zith had killed his wife five years before. The tormented husband had hoped killing a Zith would somehow bring him peace. It felt good, vindicating even, but it did not ease the pain at Tamar's loss.

But Vanator had healed, and he had new loves in his life. So he gave Kayiri the right to tell his story, the older man lower his face to his hands as Kay brandished his sword and bellowed as if he told the tale in a pavilion full of people. He would glance at Edalene and smile as she too enjoyed Kay's exaggerated antics.

Vanator nodded at the girl's compliment. "I have regretted saving him ever since!" He teased, glancing at Kayiri. At Eda's inquiry about Khiara and the bow, he looked down briefly at the cothe bundled bow in his hand. "I believe she will be great. She traveled from the far reaches of the world to Cyphrus. It takes a special person to survive that journey. Besides, my first wife is Diamond clan and a spearwoman, I am sure she will also school my new bride in the ways of a good fight." He laughed, looking up at Kayiri.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Stalking [Open]

Postby Kayiri on November 24th, 2010, 6:02 am

"Lengthy and valorous!" Kayiri barked with a laugh, thumping his chest with his fist. He interjected before Vanator could answer Edalene, as he seemed to be ever so fond of doing. "Bah, of course she'll learn. She has a Drykas teaching her, the best of the best!" Kayiri declared, laughing once again. He folded his arms across his chest and sat there somewhat quietly, trying to decide what he would put forth as the next topic of conversation.

It was while he was attempting to make this decision that the warrior noticed the time. His eyes stared blankly at the horizon for a brief while, until he noticed that the sun was almost at its peak. Ah, by the Gods, he was going to be late if he stayed any longer! He pushed himself up off of the rock, collecting his person effects while speaking quickly and in a hurried tone to the other two Drykas.

"I'm sorry, I'm due at the War Pavilion for my class!" the Drykas declared loudly. "Teaching children to defend themselves and their homes-- an honorable cause, but one that demands my time," he then added with a laugh. A tight hug found its way to Van, whilst a quick turn to Edalene made a quick bow find its way to her. "I hope to see you sometime soon, Edalene. It's always a shame when one has to part with a pretty face," Kayiri then said, smiling slightly.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Stalking [Open]

Postby Edalene on November 27th, 2010, 5:32 am

Smiling shyly at both the Drykas, Eda was grateful for their inclusiveness in their story. She had thoroughly enjoyed the retelling of the adventure. However, glancing from time to time at Vanator throughout the story, she guessed there was more to the tale than he was letting on, from the slightly melancholic and wistful expression on his face. If they had been closer, she surely would have called him up on it, but as they had barely met, Eda wisely kept silent.

Eda smiled as Vanator mentioned his new wife, and his first. She was glad he had found a certain peace with his two new loves, and that they all three melded together well as a family. Although she had not met Vanator properly before today, she had heard rumours of his tumultuous past. She would not wish unhappiness on any fellow Drykas, and so she was glad he was smiling again.

Eda jumped suddenly as Kayiri sprang to his feet, wildly collecting his belongings and speaking rapidly. It was with a solid disappointment that she listened to Kayiri make his excuses. She had enjoyed talking to the two of them... especially, if she was entirely honest with herself, the handsome younger Drykas. Eda stood as he made his goodbyes, and flushed when he bowed to her. She smiled awkwardly at the compliment and attempted to compose a coherent goodbye. "I too hope we meet again. But you must not keep the little learners waiting, and so I must release you again." Wow, that sounded quite sophisticated, Eda! Good one! She turned to Vanator, eyes still glancing towards Kayiri. "I suppose, then, you'll be off as well, Vanator?"
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Character sheet

Stalking [Open]

Postby Vanator on December 1st, 2010, 12:49 pm

Vanator seemed unable to stifle a persistent grin in the presence of his young friend. Kayiri embodied all the bravado and enthusiasm of a young Drykas man, with the flare of a true thespian. One could not help but like him. As Kay mentioned teaching his weapons class, Vanator wondered if his child, that Kashik now carried, would learn to fight at the feet of this man.

Van returned Kayiri's hug, slapping his back soundly. "Go brother, and let me know about the hunt." He gave his friend a broad smile before turning to Edalene. He did not miss the furtive glances the teenager stole towards Kayiri. "You are both wielders of the sword, perhaps you should spar sometime." He dropped the suggestion with a wry twist to his grin, goading the young man and woman, seeing the beginning of sparks between them. "Anyway, yes, I need to return to the Pavilion and hide this under some pile of furs or something until I find the right time to give it to Khiara!" He lifted the bow slightly. "It was a pleasure to see you again Eda, I hope our paths will cross again. After all, we are like family now...of a sorts." The Sapphire clansman flashed the girl a warm grin and a brief wave of the hand towards the two before turning to head back towards the Denusk Pavilion.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Stalking [Open]

Postby Kayiri on December 16th, 2010, 12:12 am

The Drykas nodded eagerly at the older friend, laughing slightly. "I'll ride past and drop off a letter when I get a few more details pinned down. Keep your schedule cleared past the 30th! If it gets put together, that's when it will happen!" he then said, making certain that Vanator got the date correct. In response to the slap on the back, he rammed a playful fist into the left side of the elder man's breast, taking two quick steps backwards so that he was out of the range of any counter attacks. A taunting grin played across his face, and then his attention turned back to Edalene. "Aye, those little younglings. Always nipping at my heels for attention," he grumbled sarcastically, smiling charmingly at her.

He furrowed his brow in thought as Vanator suggested that he and Edalene spar at some point. "What, do you think that you're immune to sparring simply because you use a battleaxe?" Kayiri teased, not risking another physical assault on Vanator. "I'll drop a letter off with you as well sometime, Edalene. Hopefully, if fate is kind, prior to my departure for The Great Hunt," a nod and yet another bow found its way to her. "Now, I really must be off! If I show up late, the boss will have my head! Farewell, Vanator, Edalene, may Zulrav guide your arrows straight!" With that, the theatric man was off, vanishing into the makeshift pathways of Endrykas.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Stalking [Open]

Postby Cardinal on January 12th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Edalene

Skills
Observation - 1

Lore
Getting attention by looking lonely, sword sharpening, Kayiri's prowess in rambling

Vanator

Skills
Observation - 1

Lore
Diversity of the Diamond Clan, Kayiri's smooth moves with the ladies, Kayiri's prowess in rambling

Kayiri

Skills
Stealth - 1
Storytellling - 3
Acting - 1

Lore
Wandering eventually gets you somewhere, epic rambling!

Notes: I'm sorry this took me so long to get to, because I was seriously missing out without knowing it! Great read to go with my morning coffee. Despite Kayiri's long-windedness, he does tell a good story. Edalene's reactions to everything are adorable. And Vanator is admittedly my Dryka's crush. Well played, y'all!
Note: I am getting back into the groove of things. Thank you for your patience.
Assistant Storyteller of Endrykas
My Office | Endrykas Lore | Endrykas Play | Drykas Lore
Cardinal
Secretly Itzpapalotl

Words: 12425
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous