Completed In Hot Water (Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby April Windweaver on December 30th, 2014, 9:41 pm

April was still jittering around in her seat by the time the waitress came to take their order. She was too enamored with the cafe to be paying much attention, instead watching the strange folks around them. Some looked important; wearing some of the finest clothes April had ever seen. Some looked like they just rolled in from the street with tattered clothes and scraggly beards. They looked funny.

"Oh, Hello there, Pretty boy~"

April snapped her head towards the waitress in time to see her bat her eyelashes at Garland. She felt her stomach twist as blood rushed to her face. Her lips pursed to keep from scowling. The squire continued on with the order while April watched the woman dangerously. She didn't like her, and there was no rational reasoning behind it.

Once their order was taken up, and after the waitress had finished flirting, April stuck out her tongue. Thankfully, the red-head had her back to them and didn't see the Svefra's act of defiance. There was a bright pink blush on her cheeks that didn't fade.

"Hmph! As if. Psch... She doesn't deserve you. Some little tart serving drinks..."

April blinked. What? Why did she care if the waitress was flirting with Garland? She blinked again. Was she... Jealous? Jealous of what? It's not like the red-head was prettier than her. Okay, well maybe she WAS, but that didn't mean she was better, right? Right? But, what if Garland thought the waitress was more attractive? Did that mean he liked her more than April? Wait, why did that matter? Why was she worried about what some squire thought of her?

"Uugh! " She clasped her head and rested her chin on the table. She let out a quiet whimper.

When posed with a question, April waited several moments before herself back to reality.

"My family is all sailors. Traders, transporters... Pirates. So sailing is second nature to me. I grew up on my papa's ship. It was big, like a Galleon, and while I lived there I learned all I needed to know about the sea. I also learned how to cook and fish, since my mother was usually the one to make dinner from the crew. Course, I haven't made a good meal in a while, on account of my dwindling funds and the lack of fish during winter. But, believe you me, the weak little girl you met at the docks is nothing compared to the one out at sea. Out there, it's like... Nothing can stop me! I'm invincible! I'm Free! I'm a force of na- oh, food!"

April stooped her speech and immediately tore into breakfast, stuffing a large chunk of cinnamon bread in her mouth before washing it down with piping hot coffee. She looked like she was going to explode With joy. The flavor soak into her tongue and made her shudder. It was fantastic. She had just enough of a grasp on reality, though, that she gave Cindy another inappropriate gesture to her back.

"Oh, mahn, somfin dish good shud be a shin" She said through a mouthful of food.

Common - Fratava - Thoughts
-
So call the mainland from the beach
All parties now washed up in bleach
The waves are rising for this time of year

And nobody knows what to do with the heat
Under sunshine pylons we'll meet
While rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky
-

Scrapbook - Character Sheet
April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Words: 55338
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2014, 5:52 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby Garland on December 31st, 2014, 2:43 am

"Hmph! As if. Psch... She doesn't deserve you. Some little tart serving drinks..."

"Hmm? What do you mean?" He asked, completely oblivious to what April was talking about.

"My family is all sailors. Traders, transporters... Pirates. So sailing is second nature to me. I grew up on my papa's ship. It was big, like a Galleon, and while I lived there I learned all I needed to know about the sea. I also learned how to cook and fish, since my mother was usually the one to make dinner from the crew. Course, I haven't made a good meal in a while, on account of my dwindling funds and the lack of fish during winter. But, believe you me, the weak little girl you met at the docks is nothing compared to the one out at sea. Out there, it's like... Nothing can stop me! I'm invincible! I'm Free! I'm a force of na- oh, food!"

"That makes quite a lot of sense actually... Say, when did you get your ship? Did your father give it to you or did you 'barter' with some poor merchant or something." He said with a tiny hint of joking in his voice. Of course he wouldn't be surprised if he found out that that was the case, though he guessed that it wasn't.

Garland was looking down on his coffee to notice April give a rude gesture to Cindy. He took another sip of his coffee. "Yes, it is pretty good..." He was using a lot of self control to not just scarf it all down like April. He took a sweetroll and took a large bite out of it. "Oh, this is good. Umm~" He took another bite and happily savored the flavor.

He was in blissful taste heaven right now, he didn't care that this was just a rinky dink family run-ed restaurant, but if this place could get a proper endorsement, they would be big.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby April Windweaver on December 31st, 2014, 7:33 am

April let out a giggle and scarfed down the last of her food before speaking.

"I didn't steal it, if that's what you're implying. It was a gift from my mother. It's kinda a long story, but most of it has to do with some weird superstitions and ghost business. My mother is... uh... dramatic. Her sister, my aunt, was a traveling opera singer, and a pretty petching good one at that. Her name is the same as my ship. Tosca. Unfortunately she got murdered by her husband at the time because he went crazy. See, her ashes are actually in the ship. My mother wanted to keep her spirit alive, so she bonded it with that big hunk of wood with some really weird ritual. Never got to see it, but it's cool to think that I'm actually sailing a person's soul.

She took a long swig of her coffee. With her belly full and warm, April let out a happy sigh as she leaned back in her chair.

"I gotta admit, I do hear some pretty freaky stuff coming from the bow time to time, but I think it's just my imagination. Or I might be crazy."

She started playing with some of the leftover crumbs on her plate, occasionally taking a sip of her drink. She didn't really expect to just spill out so much information, but she liked Garland enough to trust him with the information. Plus, in this small little cafe she was sated far more than she would be if she was in her boat enjoying some Temper. Though the thought did make her a bit anxious to take her dose.

"So, Mr. Garland, what about you? Was your family knights? Is .your armor haunted by a relative? Because that would be pretty nifty"

Last edited by April Windweaver on December 31st, 2014, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

-

April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby Garland on December 31st, 2014, 8:13 am

"Seems kinda cruel to prevent someone from going to their god or whatever, but I can understand the gesture of keeping someone alive." He finished off his pastry and drank a bit more of his coffee.

"I gotta admit, I do hear some pretty freaky stuff coming from the bow time to time, but I think it's just my imagination. Or I might be crazy."

"Both, maybe or maybe its your aunt, giving one last song to the sea." He waved his arms oddly, and started making ghost sounds. "Woooaaaa~ Beware the S.S Tosca, for she be haunted." He gave a hearty laugh. "Honestly though, maybe that's the reason you've been so lucky out on sea. I mean, it's just you, there what's stopping a band of pirates from boarding you and taking your ship? Even if you are good at a fight, I'm pretty sure you can't take on an entire crew or stuff."

He gave a small smile. "I gotta thank your aunt whenever I get the chance. For keeping you safe and getting you to Syliras." He finished off his coffee and looked at the table. "Well, should we split the bill or should I pay for it?"

Cindy had just noticed that the two had finished eating. He went over to their table quickly. "Thank you for dining here with us. That'll be 5GMis this a good price?." She smiled at Garland and gave him a wink. Garland took out his purse and placed down 2GM and 5SM, he had another 2.5GM in his hand in case they weren't splitting the bil.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby April Windweaver on January 2nd, 2015, 6:50 am

OOCYup, that's fine. :)

"Psch, whatever." She rubbed her neck as Garland teased her. It was a bit silly. Still, she had faced a great number of turmoils that would have left lesser men and women in shambles. Perhaps she had a spirit guiding her, protecting her from harm. But her ego told her otherwise. The abilities she possessed made her more than capable of tackling the sea on her lonesome. Plus, with a ship as small as Tosca, even if she was caught in the cross-hairs of an enemy vessel, she could easily outmaneuver it. Float like a butterfly, sting like a mosquito.

"Think of it this way, smarty pants: I'm like a shark. At sea, I'm a terror, a beast! On land, I'm just all floppity. I can hold my own against a band of smelly, sweaty peasants. I'm April Windweaver! My name's synonymous with adventure. Maybe one day I'll take you on a journey to somewhere exciting. Maybe the Whirlpool, or the Dead Isles, oh! Maybe you can sail with me through the Razor Shores. Huge, jutting rocks that have sunk countless of ships over the centuries. Who knows what treasures lie at the bottom of those shallows..."

She rubbed her hands together maniacally, her eyes sparkling as bright as gold mizas. Speaking of which.

April rummaged through her pants and pulled two gold mizas and five silver to match Garland's. She was willing to split the cost with him. After all, April was starting to really warm up to him now. Of the many authority figures she had fought in her life, he seemed like the most tolerable. And possibly the friendliest. There was something... warm about his presence. Like an anchor to April's free-natured spirit, something to keep her in place. And it was nice to have a friend in the first place. She hadn't enjoyed the company of a friend in ages.

"Consider this compensation. You did me a big favor yeterday, saving my life an all. Plus, you've been good company. Now, what's this about a bath?

-

-

April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby Garland on January 2nd, 2015, 9:51 am

"Think of it this way, smarty pants: I'm like a shark. At sea, I'm a terror, a beast! On land, I'm just all floppity. I can hold my own against a band of smelly, sweaty peasants. I'm April Windweaver! My name's synonymous with adventure. Maybe one day I'll take you on a journey to somewhere exciting. Maybe the Whirlpool, or the Dead Isles, oh! Maybe you can sail with me through the Razor Shores. Huge, jutting rocks that have sunk countless of ships over the centuries. Who knows what treasures lie at the bottom of those shallows..."

"A shark indeed. I would love to join you on one of your adventures, though I don't think I'm cut out for all the sea farring. But who knows, maybe I am, maybe I could be better than you." He teased. He got up and pocketed the extra mizas he took out.

April was really strange, usually he avoided people like April, the bad boy or girl in this case. She was really tempting him to a life outside the knighthood, and the fact that it wasn't too late to back out from his squirehood was really pushing his limits of self-control. Though as much as he liked April, he just met this girl yesterday, and he's not going to give up a possible long standing career for a girl... Like many of the other squires before him. This made him think how the heck does Cameron even stay inside the knights? Mostly he just flirts around with girls rather than train...

Now was not the time to think about that. "Oh, a bath? Soothing Waters is where we need to go. Come on." He extended his hand and offered to hold her hand as they were going out and through a crowded part of the bazaar.

Cindy took the gold and gave a small pout at April's direction. "Hope you come back, pretty boy." She gave Garland a wink and ran off to her other costumers.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby April Windweaver on January 3rd, 2015, 11:08 pm

OOCSorry I haven't been posting as often. Had three 10-12 hour shifts at work in a row because of new years. Don't mean to keep you waiting >~<

Better than her? At seafaring? She puffed out her cheeks, looking cross. Nobody was better than her. At least, not at adventuring.

"I've crossed the frozen waters of Taldera, braved the waves of Storm Bay, faced against the likes of pirates so nasty and gnarly that just looking at them made you sick. NOBODY is better than me, except me!"

She crossed her arms and puffed out her chest. For anyone else it would have looked bold and heroic. But with April it just looked goofy. Though April was well over 15, she sure did look and act like one. It was one of many things that made April hard to take seriously. She wasn't a very intimidating person, nor did she have the raw strength to give her a powerful repute. It was usually her naive nature and child-like enthusiasm that drew interest. Though not always for the best.

But her mood went from sour to sweet in the blink of an eye. The mention of the bath made her cheerful again.
The Soothing Waters was a place she had heard only in passing, and from what she understood it was a local spa and sauna. She wasn't aware that it was an actual bathhouse. Although, on reflection, it did make alot of sense given the title of the place.

The waitress got a scolding look from April, as if she was trying to shoot knives out of her eyes. When that was over with, She took a firm hold on Garland's hand as they prepared for another journey through the crowded streets of Syliras. April took a deep breath. "Let's get this over with"

-

-

April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby Garland on January 4th, 2015, 2:46 am

oocIt's all good :3

"I know you're the best, I'm just kidding, you know?" He smiled and pushed through the door and into the street, luckily the street they entered was still pretty empty. He looked towards the left, to the bazaar and through that, the Soothing Waters.

With a reassuring smile, he tightened his grip around April's hand, making sure that she wouldn't freak out. "Keep close, Okay?" He said, trying to keep her calm.

The crowd was starting to thicken, almost brushing against the two of them, Garland kept close to April, not going too fast or too slow, just enough to keep them moving but not to knock people over. The day was just starting, he could hear the merchants and salesmen promoting their products already, though most of the people here weren't really there for shopping, but heading off to their own jobs and such.

If Garland had his armor on, some of the townsfolk would have given them a bit more to move around with. Though he enjoy the fact that he was close to April. It was always nice to walk around town with a friend.

"Right, it should be up here." He said to April, pointing to a slightly less crowded street, there was only a few people there, hopefully that will help with April's anxiety. They made it up through the street, already pass the worst of it and from here on out, it should be smooth sailing. "Oh, I almost forgot... Umm... Knights and Squires get free baths, but... you're not really a knight or a squire. So... Should I pay for it? Your bath I mean."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby April Windweaver on January 4th, 2015, 7:43 am

Lady luck consented to smile on them as they left the shop, the streets less populated than their initial run-through. April felt her pride welling up again. She might be able to not freak out this time. At least she could trust Garland not to throw her out into the chaos. It was good to have him around.

"Keep close, Okay?"

She nodded idly, keeping her eyes ahead. She was still nervous, make no mistake, and her chest was already tightening. In her ears she could hear her heart beat and her fingers twitched ever so slightly.

The people they passed looked to be moving with a purpose. Some were busy with their stalls, others were rushing off to parts unknown, all looked like they had business to attend to. They seemed far too busy to notice the two of them. April kept a firm grip on Garland, though. She didn't want to get swallowed in the crowd.

Reaching the spa took no time at all, and though her heart was racing, April did not feel like she was about to collapse. So far, so good. She looked into the stone steps leading down to the baths, smiling slightly.

"I think I can afford it. Hopefully. Maybe. If not, then I'm sure we can come to an agreement." Her voice echoed off the stone walls and deep into the torch-lit hallway. She set off before she even finished speaking, getting ahead of Garland.

-

-

April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

In Hot Water (Garland)

Postby Garland on January 4th, 2015, 1:58 pm

"Wait up!" He called out and ran after her. After a short while they make it a set of double doors. They went down the stairs and made their way to the reception.

"Hello there. What can I help you with?"

Ivis Balak was the name of the receptionist if Garland remembered correctly. He smiled and went up to the desk. "Ivis, Uhh... Hey, I'm Garland I hope you remember me."

"Yes, the one that got head trauma, arrow wounds, broken ribs, more head trauma, and a broken arm at one point."

"One arrow, it was only just one arrow." He corrected the calm receptionist. "Anyway, just a bath for the two of us."

"Alright then. Just head on back to the lockers, males to the right, females to the left. Oh, before I forget, she has to pay 2 silver mizas and 1 copper miza if you want a towel. Garland, you can head on back now."

Garland nodded and walked to the back locker. The lockers were pretty plain, but not at all bare(though some of the people were), Garland found an empty locker and opened it up, he started undressing and stuffed his clothes into said locker. He took one of the towels and wrapped it around his privates, hoping that maybe April had forgotten their earlier incident.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext