Foxes and Thieves (Garett, Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Foxes and Thieves (Garett, Jokor)

Postby Niera on November 3rd, 2010, 5:50 pm

51st Day of Fall. 510 AV.

Niera sighed, she'd found an abandoned apartment to rest in. It was dark and gloomy, with a little window for light although it was a nice day outside it was coold from within the deserted apartment, run down and full of cobwebs. nobody had lived there for years, the whole place was dusty and the sheets worn. Niera lay on the bed bare against the soft sheets. With a content smile on her face, Niera closed her eyes.

The noise of the babbling outside world was quieter, she could her a couple of villager's conversations but she tried to block them out, the only thing that really bugged her was a couple fighting over a divorce. Soemthing about this place was nice to her, the smells were old and they didn't change, the dust didn't move either. It was a little incovinient when it did because it went up her nose and made her sneeze. Evey so often she might hear a bug or something but it was nothing big.

After running from a bunch of thugs who were no doubt still after her, the hosue was something sent from the heavens. In serene silence, Niera lay there. Indulging in the little luxury that was provided.
Last edited by Niera on November 6th, 2010, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niera
The Fox

Words: 27471
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Foxes and Thieves (Garret, Jokor)

Postby Garett on November 4th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Garett limped along, his leg still slightly injured from his last incident in the tavern. He wasn't doing anything dark today, just going to an apothecary to get his leg fixed up. It seemed to be healing, but he didn't want to take any chances. His leg might have been much worse by now if it hadn't been for that mysterious lady. After she had left him, he had stayed in the wine cellar for a while, but eventually leaving through a back exit he had found, though not before taking some of the more expensive wines to sell later. He still had yet to sell them, and was planning to do exactly that after getting his leg healed. He had brought a single bottle with him, one of the least expensive ones, though it would still fetch at the very least a gold Miza if he sold it at the right place.

As he walked, he began to think about the lady, as he had been doing recently. She had been wandering around his thoughts ever since the incident at the tavern. He hadn't seen her since then, and was pretty sure that he never would again. He had a tenancy to change his main hiding location around 20 times a season, so he moved all over Sunberth. He rarely stayed in the same place twice, seeing as he didn't want his minor fortune to be taken away from him. He had also made a few enemies in his time, and never wanted them to find him. To him, it was always a bad idea to stay in one place for too long. Now that he thought about it, it was around time to change locations again. He had seen some pretty nasty characters outside his current home (a small closed off sewer tunnel that lead to a seldom-used alleyway) who he definitely didn't want to get involved with. It was then that he noticed the old apartment building.

The building was out of the way, and seemed to blend in with the other buildings around it. It looked like it hadn't been used in years, from it's decrepit and unkempt state. There was no obvious entrance from the street, although there was an alley next to it where Garett assumed the entrance was. The streets must have developed so that the entrance is now the side, Garett thought. It seemed to be the perfect location to make a base. As long as there's no one occupying it, Garett thought, It will be a good home. Even if there is someone there, I can always take them out of the picture. If anyone was living in a dump like this, they were probably homeless or castouts of society. And with that thought, he head inside.

As he explored the building, he came to realize more and more than no one was here. At least, no one who had lived in many seasons. Although he had checked most of the rooms, he had decided that every room must be checked. If there was even one person here, they would likely try to kill him, or worse, give him over to slavers. Luckily for him, he hadn't found anyone yet. He got to the last room on the top floor, and opened the final door. It looked like it was once the luxury suite, but it appeared to be as run down as the rest of the building at this point. There appeared to be a place on the wall for a mirror to go, but it had long been taken away. The same applied to most of the furniture, although there was still a table, a few chairs, a bed, and a dresser. But on the bed...

"By the gods! It's you!" Garett exclaimed loudly before he could help himself. It was the lady who had helped him at the bar! It may have been luck, or it may have been fate, but the fact was, he had found her. Garett suddenly felt something that he hadn't felt for a long time. He couldn't put a name on the emotion, but it was... Pleasant. He felt himself smiling, for some reason, but it was a warm, sincere smile, not his usual sadistic grin. He quickly wiped the smile off of his face, and regained his cool composure, hoping that she hadn't noticed.
Garett
The Rogue

Words: 16542
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 4th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Jokor carefully opened the door to the abandoned apartement, making sure he didn't make to much noise. You never knew what kind of scum gathered into these kind of buildings. Jokor quickly thought it once over maybe thinking it was better to leg it right now. Only to stop and look up to the sky seeing dark clouds up there, promising a shitload of rain in the immediate future. Seeing as freezing cold water wasn't really high on his to do list he went inside, closing the door in the same carefull manner as he opened it.

Jokor tried to make no sound as he sneaked through the building, checking any room for people,animals,hybrids between the two or other nasty suprises.

Nearely crapping himself by suprise as he heard call somebody call out"By the gods! It's you!" from a floor above him. Jokor carefully weighed his options, He could run outside towards and get soaked with rain or look who is here and if possible beat them up and throw them out. He silently walked upstairs trying to catch whoever was up there by suprise.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Niera on November 4th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Sleeping silently suddenly she heard people enter the house, who in the world would come to an old building "By the gods! It's you!" a man screamed he was in the same room as her. With a groan Niera got up from her position looking as if she were still in fairyland, her voice half muffled "Hell, you don't have to yell. I'm not deaf" wiping her eyes she looked up to see the man from the tavern who she had saved she was a little surprised. Niera was now sat naked infront of a man that she had not met two days ago. Not that she cared but he probably would, knowing human men. Addressing her appearence quickly she noted that her hair still neat, sleep's influence did not harm it.

Looking up again she questioned his sudden appearence. What the hell was he doing here? What did he want? she had thought about him only a little. Now wondering why she did save this man she couldn't really put her finger on it, she then looked at his face, for a moment his expression was gentle, a warm sincere smile. Unlike the sadistic one she had seen in the bar, what in the world? then within an instant the man regained his composure, he wasn't the best looking of men but then that didn't really bother her that much, a man was a man. With a raised eyebrow Niera's golden eyes stared at Garret with a confused look, she didn't know what to think.

Shrugging it off Niera yawned and then turned back to Garret. "Hey, your limbs keeping up with you?" she was referring to his leg. She had banaged it not long before but she knew all to well that it wasn't the best first aid he could of had, infact she never thought that she'd have to use such things in her life.
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

Postby Garett on November 4th, 2010, 10:59 pm

"Hell, you don't have to yell. I'm not deaf." The lady said in a muffled tone as she sat up. Garett stood absolutely still, and then blushed. She was completely naked! After his smile, she gave him a confused look, but then shrugged and yawned. "Hey, your limbs keeping up with you?" She asked him, referring to the condition of his leg.

"It's fine, thanks. I was just about to go to an apothecary to have them check it over." Garett said numbly, still in shock from seeing her naked. When he finally regained some of his composure, he said, still shakily, "Would you mind getting some clothes on? It's rather... Umm..." He blushed and looked down, not continuing the sentence. He didn't like being so flustered, but he was so surprised at her being in this abandoned building, and naked at that, that it completely shattered his normally calm and collected mindset. He tried to collect himself, but couldn't seem to adequately calm himself down.

"Err... Anyways, what's your name?" Garett asked, almost sheepishly. It took all of his willpower to keep from looking at her naked body, but it was too hard keeping eye contact as well, so he just glanced towards the window. There were storm clouds gathering, and it looked rather heavy. Garett probably wouldn't get another chance to go outside this day, unless he wanted to get completely soaked (which he didn't). Garett glanced back at the lady, at eye level as to not stare at her nakedness.

((OOC: Nice twist having Niera naked. I know she normally is, but if your goal was to get Garett off his guard, then you have accomplished it. Also, Garett is wondering why Niera is in the building, but I couldn't figure out how to phrase it in this post. If you could explain it to him, it would be much appreciated.))
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Postby Niera on November 4th, 2010, 11:23 pm

"It's fine, thanks. I was just about to go to an apothecary to have them check it over" The man seemed to be in shock, losing his composure for a short while then regaining it slightly. What a suprise, she had predicted something of the sort, humans. Always the same. Although he regained himself a little the man was shaking "Would you mind getting some clothes on? it's rather...Umm..." the man was now blushing. Whimp. Had he never seen a girl naked before? besides it was him who barged in on her.

Much to Niera's suprise the person who stood before her she would have imagined to be calm, yet she was seeing the exact opposite. "Err...Anyways what's your name" the question was a little late but no less relevent. Niera noticed that he was trying to distract himself from looking at her, she could tell his hormones were raging just by looking at him.

Looking up at Garret with a sceptical look she lay herself down using her arms to elevate her upper body with on leg folded toward her the other lay straight. Putting it blunetly Niera replied "I do not usually carry clothes with me, they are uncomfortable and difficult to sneak around in. Besides I would probably end up losing them...besides if you are really that scared to look at a female you are welcome to turn around and walk out" she relaxed herself, she could smell the moist of the rain within the air. It wasn't going to be a nice day today, thank god she had found some shelter. I'll probably be stuck with this guy for a while I might aswell tell him my name for conversational purposes. "My name is Niera, if you're wondering why i'm here. I'm tired, it's quiet and i've just got out of a scrap with a bunch of thugs because I killed thier boss...Your turn now. Name and Story." it wasn't really a question she expected it in turn. If he didn't answer well she didn't really care as long as he didn't ask too many questions.

(OOC: heh thanks it wasn't really my motive. I just thought it'd make a funny situation. Have explained, sorry about the directness of her. Niera doesn't like small talk very much)
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

Postby Garett on November 5th, 2010, 12:23 am

The lady went into a position that Garett found even more awkward than before, if that was possible. She then stated bluntly, "I do not usually carry clothes with me, they are uncomfortable and difficult to sneak around in. Besides I would probably end up losing them... Besides if you are really that scared to look at a female you are welcome to turn around and walk out." Garett blushed again, feeling very embarrassed. It was rare that his temperament got out of hand, but this was one of those times. He'd been with naked women quite a few times, and he had never felt as flustered as he was now. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second, and when he opened them again, he looked a lot more calm, but still a bit shaky.

"I'll be fine," Garett replied. Honestly, he didn't want to leave. He felt attracted to her, he realized. It didn't seem to be a bad thing, but it probably wasn't good either. He had survived as a loner for many years, and that was how he had planned to survive for years to come. But this lady...

The lady interrupted his contemplations, saying, "My name is Niera, if you're wondering why I'm here. I'm tired, it's quiet and I've just got out of a scrap with a bunch of thugs because I killed their boss...Your turn now. Name and story." Niera didn't look to expectant, and appeared as if she expected him to walk out of the room right away.

Instead, Garett pulled up a chair, and said, "My name is Garett. My story? Well, I was just heading down to the apothecary to check my wound. It seemed to be healing fine, but you know the streets, be fit or be dead. I was also planning on selling this wine." On cue, he pulled out a wine bottle, "In the right stores, it would be worth a decent amount." He put the wine bottle back in his backpack. "Anyways, I move my 'home' around every once and a while, and I figured that this building might be a good place to move in to, for a time at least. I was just checking to see if there was anyone here, but the only person here was you. Honestly, I wouldn't mind sharing a building with you, if you're staying here." He almost said, And a bed, but caught himself in time. That would be a dumb thing to say to any lady, especially one who can do so well in a fight, Garett thought, remembering the fight at the tavern a few nights earlier.

((OOC: Looks like someone's falling in love! Looks like he's not always the tough guy he seems to be...))
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 5th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Jokor Cursed as he bumped his wounded left hand against a piece of halfrotten furniture he didn't see in the darkness of this corridor., He gritted his teeth against the pain and gripped the bandaged hand with his other one.
He quitely continued to go towardes the voices, one of them was vagualy familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it though, Jokor continued on through the corridor pausing when he came across a room from where the voices came from. He carefully peeked around the corner a scowl formed on his face when he saw Niera. He bent down and pulled a fairly large and sharp splinter from the floor, winching a bit at the creaking sound, and hid it in his sleeve, with a bit of suprise he could stab her or her companion when things went nasty and get away.

Jokor stepped inside the doorstep the scowl still on his face. "You might keep your eyes off it's body and on the weapons. You never know when it decides to slash you." He glared at Niera.

OOC: Can we keep the posting order of Niera,Garret then Jokor? Otherwise it
might become quite hard for a person to catch up.
Also The stinging hand has to do with a wound from another thread, But it couldn't be healed by now, Forgot to put it in the post before.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Niera on November 5th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Much to Niera's suprise instead of ignoring her questiong, Garret pulled up a stool and explained his whole story. She nodded as he was talking to show that she understood.

With her heightened senses Niera could hear a faint sound from outside of the. She looked toward it ready to move if somebody was trying to ambush them, somebody was there. The scent was familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it. Suddenly a boy appeared, she recognised him to be the boy she had saved the other day. With a sigh she looked at Jokor's scowling face "You might keep your eyes off it's body and on the weapons. You never know when it decides to slash you" the boy was glaring at her, Niera noticed he was hurt but not only over the chest. Did something happen?

With an agrivated expression she turned to Garret for a second "Excuse me for a second." Niera sat up and turned her head to face Jokor. "If you were looking at the situation carefully enough, boy. You would realise that I saved you, you were about to get killed so I handed back the blanket. Then you tried to get me killed so I had to save myself and flirt with an ugly brute to save you in the process, i had to slash at you or the brute would think I was lying and would have gotten us both killed. Think things over before you spurt out threats"

OOC: sure thing
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

Postby Garett on November 5th, 2010, 9:11 pm

"You might keep your eyes off it's body and on the weapons. You never know when it decides to slash you." Garett turned towards the door, and saw the speaker. He looked younger than Garett, but not much. He was wearing ragged clothes. He obviously didn't like Niera, judging by the expression on his face.

Wait a minute, Garett thought, He called Niera 'it'. She's obviously a... Well, a 'she'. Maybe there's something going on I don't know about...

Niera glanced at Garett with an aggravated expression, and said, "Excuse me for a second.". She then sat up and turned towards the person. Niera explained to the person how there was a big misunderstanding, if in a rather rude way. They were glowering at each other, and the last thing Garett wanted was a fight, especially after having an injured leg.

"Okay," Garett said in a cool tone, "I don't care what's happened between you two in the past, but for now, we're just going to sit down and have a nice talk. If not..." Garett put his hand on the hilt of his dagger to emphasize what the 'If not' was. "Now, you," He pointed at the newcomer, "Take a seat. Same for you," He pointed at Niera. He knew that neither of them would like him directing them, but from the looks on their faces, it was either that or break up a fight. Garett turned to Niera, and said, "He called you 'it'. Care to explain why?"

((OOC: Sorry about the order thing, I just like threads to move along as fast as possible. Just a little quirk of mine.))
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Next