PM to join [Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

(Blackveil's Heart, Part 3) Fallon is casing another lead, this time at the Sanctum.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

[Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

Postby Fallon on February 3rd, 2015, 9:43 pm

Image
7th Winter 514 AV

There was a distinct smell of warmed liquor and crackling fires, the lingering trace of sweat upon the exposed skin escaping through the cracks in the wall. Even in winter it seems the whores and harlots were forced into their scantily dressed forms to perform. Fallon's nostrils flared, head still holding the faint throbbing repercussions of the previous night, her eyes lifting briefly through the rippled glass and into the main room proper. It was like before, clean by Sunberth standards and already making her skin prickle, the patrons receiving and the employed working their wares. She did not linger there long, her form pulling back into the shadow of the wall and out of the way of the glow. She had dressed down, discarding the armour and tulwars, instead choosing to stick to the darker colours - the cloak wrapped tightly around her. For the most part she kept completely still, her form curling into the shadow as she looked up towards her destination.

It was an unusual task, her lead had pointed her here and in response she was left stumped. Whilst it would have been easy to just knock upon the brothel and barge her way in forcibly up to the room, it would have no doubt attracted attention. She gave a chew upon her lip, her shoulders shrugging in to her cloak as she pushed away the thought of the night time cold. Her hand gave a tap upon the kukri strap, the sheath having been moved from the waist to the base of her spine - horizontal lying and largely out the way. It was for defence, she was not going to look for trouble and the access weight would only get in her way. Pinching her brow she sighed, and turned her attention back to her surroundings.

For such a venture she had invited Zandelia, both knowing the target was to mainly get into the described room and begin conducting a thorough investigation - of course, Fallon had yet to formulate an actual plan on how to get in there. She chewed upon her lip, pressing off as her feet gave a nudge at the slush and ice. Taking it in she considered, her brow creasing further - they could use the back door, but that would require them being able to open it in the first place. Looking to the upper floor she scanned her gaze along, that pause as she tried to pick another entrance in which to go in through.

A window letting out a billow of steam and heat was upon the upper floor - barely ajar but there. It was another potential way in, she mused as she stared up at it, chewing her lip more as she considered. The only issue there would be successfully getting up there before either it closed or she was spotted attempting to scale the wall. She figured, after further pondering, that she could at least have done a run up - leap and grasp upon the narrow window sill above and scrabble inwards. Rubbing her jaw she considered it for a moment, a rock up onto her toes and a pace of the alleyway, several large strides at most, it would not be much of a run. Another way in if need be - but an extra pair of shoulders would have been best. At least then she would half a chance of being able to clamber in. She gave a mutter, "Petching hai," and stomped her feet once more forcing the circulation. She had to make a choice soon, regardless. She needed the information that could be found within to help with her investigations, and from there she needed to be able to get into the room in question without being caught.

Fallon chewed at her lip - what a night it was going to be.
Image
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
User avatar
Fallon
The Red Wolf
 
Posts: 2114
Words: 2252959
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Location: Riverfall
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

Postby Zandelia on February 3rd, 2015, 11:41 pm

Image
The winter winds were biting once more, breath misting before her as she walked and rippling around her face as if trying to smother her. Her teeth were not chattering at least, that much was a saving grace though she wouldn’t have complained if Zulrav had decided to make an appearance upon a gust of heated wind. She was wearing her winter clothing, all fur trim and lining, functional but possessed of a rustic charm if you went for that kind of thing. The shadowsilk cloak rippled around her, hood up, as she walked towards the destination. She had an inkling as to what was going to be requested.

Only thing that makes sense about this city this season. It’s quiet, too quiet. I don’t like it and I’m sure it’s just a calm. A storm will be coming she thought to herself as she pulled the fabric around her and for the thousandth time vowed to buy a decent pair of gloves – her last ones were ruined.

It was because of this inkling that about her person she now had stashed away a little parcel for purpose. She had purchased it as soon as the word had been received, had been the last one there before the stall had been closed down for the day. A small vial, small enough to fit into the palm of her hand, only one dose and so would have to be used accurately. It was time she practised her more conniving side at any rate. Still, it somehow made her a little uneasy, drugging someone with what she had purchased – Iskyny Tea. Freshly brewed and ready to does someone into sleep as required. She had the feeling that this Bianca, if that were her name, would not co-operate. She had guards and Ruby to protect her – this would have to be done subtly.

“You always take me out when we have a job to do you know Bitzer,” she stated as she rounded the corner and spied her partner in crime, “am I not worth jaunting with beyond business?” she grinned at the other woman, she seemed to be in a terrible mood. She watched her looking around and noted that she was seemingly looking for an entrance.

“There is a door you know, it won’t bite you. We could get warm somewhere plush for once. Have a drink,” she put her arm around Fallon’s shoulders then and pulled her close, her free arm sweeping before them as if parting a curtain, “sit in leisure, observe the people. Silences and conversations, both pleasant. A few pretty thing to tell us how beautiful we are…no?” she asked with a small sliver of longing.

“Ah, very well, no enjoyments for us. All business, all mission,” she crossed her arms and formed hat she thought was Fallon’s pensively pouting face, “petching Hai. Window too high. Nowhere else I can see. Come…follow my lead. I have a…scheme” she stated as she linked arms and pulled her towards the threshold firmly but gently.

“It’ a nice conniving and underhanded one if it helps,” she continued, “we just need to discover who she is, this talented lady of the loins. Once we know then I will make sure we have the opportunity to get what you need. You might not…like it though” she said as they crossed the threshold and stepped into the warmth.

She put on show smile, it was all a show these days. Everything but one thing.
Image
Image
User avatar
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave
 
Posts: 1295
Words: 1799278
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

Postby Fallon on February 12th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Image
There was the smallest of flinches she heard the approach of another, head turning the scan the area and pick out where it was coming from. The fingers reached back to grasp upon the kukri hilt in reflex, that pause as she strained her ears for a sense of direction, before the shadowed form rippled out of the darkness and presented itself to her. That grin, her brow rose and the gaze drunk her lover in before at last registering her. Grip easing off, she gave a peel away from her current position and gave those careful steps over.

"Well, I would offer to take you out elsewhere... but that would surely only leave paranoia as our bed fellow, no?" She pinched the bridge of her nose then in an attempt to lift the dull throb, "Ask me nicely and maybe... one day, I will take you out. No? Change of mind?" She let the arm come around her, body bumping into the other and the shared warmth throbbing between them temporarily. Her gaze followed the gesture if only for a tick before it turned to more immediately pressing issues.

"Yes, fearsome doors. Vicious I have you know, especially on the fingers. But... Beyond business? Oh you are very much worth it," She placed a finger beneath the woman's chin turning her face to hers. Lips gave the smallest of curls, a small pull to lead in before she gave a small brush of lips then kissed her more firmly, "Is that good enough symbol of your worth? Or did you need further shows? Maybe later... if you're good," Pulling away she raised an eyebrow then, the smallest snort of amusement to the rest of the words that hummed between them, "I don't need pretty things, not when I have a delicious partner already. Besides, the beautiful would only apply to you, would it not?"

Teeth flashed a grin before her gaze turned forward once more to the task at hand. She rubbed at her chin, "And here was me thinking I'd have to give you a boost and have a lovely view, very well. Your lead I shall follow, for now..." Fallon allowed the linking and the gentle nudging to the threshold, "You and your schemes. Does it involve dressing up as one of these... ladies? Become a wolf in a sheep's clothing?" She paused momentarily at the door, her skin writhing sharply beneath the layers, the muscles twitching as they realised what she was about to step into. Her freehand gave a tough upon her collar, a deep inhale before at last she entered, "You do fill me with confidence."

There was a forced tugging of the lips up into a smile, hairs rising and her gaze locking forward as they passed through the first set of arms. Deeper in she could hear the sound of cheers, the hum of music and quick steps to make out a dance. Exposed flesh, her eyes darted round, boggling slightly as the more looked after staff served who needed to be served. Drinks were flowing, and it was with a sound of clinking and clunking that Fallon slowly gave her own - almost uncomfortable - pull towards the back edge and out of the immediate line of sight. Already she was beginning to feel unclean, palms sweating within her gloves and her chest tightening as they moved in deeper. It was at the edge however that Fallon promptly released Zandelia and collapsed into the chair, breathless and deflated as she looked out across the rest, "So... what now? We going to... find her?"
Image
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
User avatar
Fallon
The Red Wolf
 
Posts: 2114
Words: 2252959
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Location: Riverfall
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

Postby Zandelia on March 7th, 2015, 1:24 am

Image
She knew Fallon found it difficult to be in such places as they now had entered, a strange quirk given her occupation yet understandable, so she did not resist as she was pulled across and out of the thronging masses of carnal desire. She watched her collapse into the chair but kept her own feet, glancing around at the patrons as she formulated and affirmed her plan once more within her mind. She looked down at the stress upon Fallon's face and wondered how quickly she would be able to close the plan off and tie up the loose ends so that they could get out once more into the wider world. She gave a soft smile in return to the question.

“Yes, we are going to find her. Then we are going to trap her. Then you will get your time together for your questions. All of it on me. As will be the drinks, you look like you need one right now” she stated in a tone that brooked no argument.

She strode off, weaving through the bodies and listening as she went for the tell tale name that would point out their quarry. She would be so lucky it seemed, whoever she was she was not about to be revealed with a cursory examination and a methodical listening in. She was not deterred, in fact she liked the hunt. It was one of the few things that could bring excitement in a city that was continuously self-destructive. The ends never truly mattered to most people, only the means and the means could be fun. The ends merely existed for a fragmented moment before being swept away once more. She hoped that their own end would prove more lasting but experience told her such things were beyond fragile. They were just hopes, and dreams. She approached the corner bar and waited her turn.

“What can I get you then lass?!

Wine, red. And a cup of rum”

“Nerves eh?”

“If only, just looking for a good time. Any suggestions?”

“Depends what you're looking for now. Man, woman? Both?”

“Woman, one of the prettier and more daring ones if possible”

“Ah, well you'll have a nice queue to wait out for that one, though female companionship tends to be savoured more by the ladies here”

“Why would that be now?”

“Well, tend not to be so rough and ready. Not to mention a bit more of a team player to their enjoyment eh? Eh?” the man cackled and placed the two beverages upon the wood before her.

“Any names?”

“Well...lemmie see now,” he scratched his chin in thought, “you gots Rachel. She's popular these days, bit exotic you see. Deborah's got a decent trade and tits as you wouldn't believe. Suppose there's always Heather. Oh and Bianca. She;s making a good name for herself”

“Bianca?”

“Oh she's cheaper, still getting regular clients together so they say. But she does have a certain...appeal” he grinned broadly.

“Know her do you?”

“Me? Hah! Gods be good. Wife'd kill me first. Or after just so she had proper cause, eh? Eh?!” he burst out laughing.

“Tell me about her, can you point her out?”

“Nah, she's occupied about now I reckon. Saw her take a few young things off yonder. Tells you what, she does like to get her drinks in. She comes and see me I'll point you out to her. Let her make up her own mind” he winked.

“Thank you, be sure to tell her I have good gold too then. For the conversation” she nodded at him jovially and placed five gold into his greasy palm.

She made her way back towards Fallon and handed her the drink before sitting down next to her and sipping the wine, it was good if a little more expensive than her usual tastes. She looked at the other woman and grinned.

“Well she's here, if otherwise occupied right now. I fancy she'll come knocking soon enough though. Gold's always a lure for a whore. Now, the hard part is when she comes to see if she likes what she sees. We play it right and she might just walk her to her room” she tapped their cups together in a silent toast.
Image
Image
User avatar
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave
 
Posts: 1295
Words: 1799278
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Scarlet Sanctum] Breaking into Bodices

Postby Fallon on March 10th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Image
She gave a glance to Zandelia as she begun to make her move the question barely answered before she drifted away, leaving her to fend for herself among the throngs. Leaning back in the chair, she let her head rest against the back of it, her arm having fallen limp with the rest of her body deflated as she tried to acclimatise to the situation. With a turn of the orbs she watched the stolen glances of whores and harlots flicker about, the weighing up of potential customers and picking out their targets. Still, it gave Fallon a moment to map the room out herself, the muscles beginning to reluctantly relax as she found herself counting the doors. There was the way they had come in of course, a few sets of guards hovering there and occasionally poking their head back in to check things were alright - simple security that would be needed in such an establishment.

On the far side of the room she could see a more gaudy looking door, her chin gave a lift, her eyes looking down towards it with a moment of careful consideration as to what it was - it was the careful leading of one of the ladies and a client towards it that told her it was one of the entrances to more private rooms for a brought exchange. It gave her enough to raise a brow, her skin prickling angrily as she fought to keep herself in place and not loose herself in the immediate discomfort. There was a set of stairs - she vaguely remembered from the times she had been here upon Matthew's request. Her eyes slid over towards the bar then, watching her partner locked in idle conversation with the bar keep.

The gaze slipped away again, settling upon the girls that were filtering out onto the stage for their routine - gaudiness and all - as her partner finally slipped back beside her. There was the smallest flinch of the drink offered to her, her stomach briefly knotting and lurching in rebellion to the notion as she took it in her hand. Holding it between her gloved fingers she peered into the dark depths of the rum, eyes briefly glazing over before she knocked the cups together in a small cheers.

"Likes what she sees?" Fallon peered at the woman then, "And come knocking... you mean?" While she may have been looking at Zandelia, it was the glint that rested in her eyes that changed. A small flicker downwards, lips parting as she considered what exactly that entailed, and then promptly closed them. The pause lengthened, the glass raised to her lips as she gave a deep inhale in of the fumes. Sweet smelling - for a rum - she took a testing sip, letting the taste rest upon her tongue as she swallowed the notion fully, "Very well. Though... I'm not sure how to act such a part and be appealing?" Fallon gave a twitch then and forced herself to drink a little deeper despite the rebelling of her stomach. She spoke into her cup then, voice muffled considerably, "I mean... how does such a person pick out a target. Weigh them up from a distance, watch the body language and see if they'd be an easy petch?"

"I guess business is a little like that,"
she sighed, lowering her cup, "But enough. Let's focus... sort of...?" Another inhale, another sip of her drink - she was going to work quickly through it again at this rate, "If you could get me to that room... well, I'll be reliant where I can now. Or try to. This isn't my territory of expertise. Ask me to tie her down and interrogate the woman however... then well. We'll see." Her gaze turned then, catching the outline of a shape moving towards them. Female, a brunette by the looks of things - it was hard to tell in the present light. Regardless, she seemed to slow and prowl in her steps, gaze resting momentarily on Fallon before sliding over to Zandelia. Plump lips pulled into a smile as she brought herself round behind Zandelia's chair, fingers tracing over the top. She gave a purr, "And a good evening to you."
Image
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
User avatar
Fallon
The Red Wolf
 
Posts: 2114
Words: 2252959
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Location: Riverfall
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests