[Alvadas Quest] Alvadas is Seeking Fresh Minds

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Cadence on November 9th, 2010, 1:11 am

Alvadas is Seeking Fresh Minds

The scholars of Alvadas have arrived in your city and are seeking individuals interested in seeing the legendary City of Illusion. We are looking for thinkers, artists, architects, magicians, inventors, craftsmen, and anyone who is willing to solve the riddles of Alvadas. You are getting a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to unravel the secrets of Ionu’s mysterious home. Do not waste it. If you wish to travel to Alvadas to better understand the ways of Ionu and the magic of illusion, waste no time pondering your decision. Ionu compels you to move forward and discover the truth beyond the deception and the deception beyond the truth.* We shall be gathering abroad the majestic Azure Lady at the crack of dawn on the 70th of Fall. Be there.

-Alvadas Head Scholar Doddel Asperenus
-Alvadas Deputy Scholar Saaren Curn

*We will not be held responsible for any mental, physical, or emotional damage you may sustain during the journey.

OOC Note :
This quest will serve as an introduction to the city of Alvadas and will take approximately 40 days. The ship will take off from the Syliras port, but the majority of the adventure will take place on the ship traveling across the Suvan Sea to Alvadas. You will get the opportunity to experience and interact with illusion abroad the ship as you travel to the City of Illusion. Those who make it through the trials ahead will be rewarded with more than just a safe culmination to their journey. This is a great opportunity to gain free passage to Alvadas, along with some valuable lessons in illusion. If you are interested in participating in this quest, post here with:

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas:
What you hope to gain from this quest:
What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas:

The ideal number of adventurers is anywhere from 3 to 5, though the quest will still happen with less. Players will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Original image by nooa.deviantart.com
Last edited by Cadence on November 11th, 2010, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aselia Timandre on November 10th, 2010, 12:35 pm

That sounds like it'd be an exciting quest! I'm in ... although I hope Aselia has enough time to travel from Syliras to Zeltiva to catch the ship.

Why she's interested in Alvadas: She planned to go on a journey and see different places anyway. Alvadas is as good as any city, with the difference that she's also fascinated by Ionu and illusions.
What's my hope to gain from this quest: I guess I don't have any expectations ... but I hope to maybe begin a relationship with Ionu.
What Aselia has to offer Alvadas: She can see the past and senses whether someone is lying or not. Her profession is Falconry, and her peregrine falcon is trained to hunt (prey, not people :P ). Also, she loves singing which might be interesting for Ionu (he loves entertainment, doesn't he?).
"To see a world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wildflower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."
Aselia Timandre
Player

Words: 89486
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Derric on November 10th, 2010, 10:32 pm

All right, so I may have mysteriously disappeared and reappeared (should anyone remember me) however, I've sorted out all the issues that prevented me from getting online, and would love to get in on this adventure. Plus, Alvadas looks awesome.

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas: Derric is a magician, and while he isn't incredibly informed on the topic of Ionu, illusions are an idea a performer such as himself would be hard pressed to let pass by.
What you hope to gain from this quest: I've always been interested in Ionu. In fact, Derric was created the way he was because of that interest. I feel like it will be much more fun (and therefore give me a reason to never disappear again) if I can start working towards my original plans for him.
What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas: As I said, Derric is a magician, he would love the entertainment that the city brings him and maybe end up feeling at home there. Plus, maybe Ionu would like him.

Feel free to not let me join you if you are uncertain whether you can trust my word or not, though I promise to try as hard as I can to constantly log on to this site this time around.
The only problem for me is finding a way from Syliras to Zeltiva in 50 days. I'll try to figure out how I can make that possible. If you have any suggestions (or if you think it'd be impossible) please let me know.

EDIT: I can just walk, supposing I'm doing the math correctly.
Only dead fish swim with the river
Derric
Only Dead Fish Swim With the Stream

Words: 36508
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2010, 11:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cadence on November 11th, 2010, 5:33 am

Aselia and Derric are both accepted.

Also, there was a mix-up with the cities. The ship will actually leave from Syliras, not Zeltiva, seeing as Zeltiva is nowhere near the Suvan Sea. Sorry for the confusion. On the bright side, you guys don't need to travel anywhere to reach the ship.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Elhaym on November 11th, 2010, 5:57 am

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas: Pain is going to have a major event that will sort of give her the urge to leave Syliras. This whole deal falls right into that time frame, so why not? Pain isn't one to think much.
Hey, a ship. It's going somewhere that's not here. I'm in.

What you hope to gain from this quest: Pain has never been exposed to anything supernatural or magical other than a very limited experience of flux being used against her, so this will open her eyes to a lot of the crazy things that exist and can happen in the world she lives in.

What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas: Well, Pain is an artist, though she isn't very good. I've done a lot of combat threads and want to have her drawing while she travels, and she's pretty acrobatic so I think her picking up something like fire dancing or something else physical and dangerous like that wouldn't be a big stretch. Oh, also, a mind to be toyed with.

Oh, also, Pain has a doggy, I hope pets are allowed! He is super awesome.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Cadence on November 11th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Pets are absolutely allowed :). I'll have the quest thread up during the weekend. Now that we have three PCs (plus a dog), we're good to go. If one or two more people would like to join, please do so before the quest begins.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on November 12th, 2010, 1:08 am

[frame=black]Ooer. Now that you're leaving from Syliras, I think Hadrian might could go...

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas: Hadrian is interested in all things magical, and, more especially of late, developing relationships with the gods in order to explore the divine manifestations of magic. He is also an anthropologist, and a bit of a philosopher, so he would enjoy the whole illusion v. reality debate, and visiting a new city to learn first-hand about another population and their culture.

What you hope to gain from this quest: Magic and knowledge! He is also looking for any opportunity to make money or earn other forms of investment capital so he can start magecrafting things for himself rather than just for other people.

What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas: He's nearly an expert-level magecrafter, and versed in most other disciplines to some degree or another. His Auristics might help him see through an illusion or two, but I imagine Ionu's favorites would still be able to pull one over on him.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Alichino on November 12th, 2010, 3:52 am

I had a character idea that was perfect just for this occasion!

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas: Alvadas is insane, Alichino is insane, they go hand in hand! Like butter to . . . more butter I suppose. He loves illusion and the art (In more sense than one) that Ionu makes of it. Alichino wishes to meet the grand dramatic genius that toys with the world and makes it the stage for his mysterious shows.

What you hope to gain from this quest: The primary thing he seeks is the coveted gnosis of illusionism so that he can reach new grounds in his dramatic works. He also hopes to just generally experience the city of Alvadas and perhaps meet people similar to himself. A more subtle drive pushes him toward this adventure. The possibility that Ionu's being a relatively low level god is simply one of his grand illusions and that reality itself is one of his illusions, as that would finally quell the doubts in Alichino's nihilism.

What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas: Alichino is a man of theatre, the stage, the performance. The facade put on by dramatic production is an illusion to tell a story, and surely is well within the realm of Alvadas and its god.
Alichino
Player

Words: 3392
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2010, 11:19 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jin on November 13th, 2010, 1:01 am

Why your PC is interested in Alvadas: Jin learned of this place by ear, and found it creatively interesting. Loving art and all. For his Ethaefal form, he also likes illusions, but if he were able to use them it would be fore the greater good and spread joy in the person's mind.

What you hope to gain from this quest: The Ethaefal seeks to develop magic, while Jin is actually trying to find his way back somewhere. Like a wanderer feeling lost from his pack that he can no longer remember. It's more of a deep sensation to Jin, while it's to allow his Ethaefal form try to understand this world new to him more and more.

What (if anything) your PC has to offer Alvadas: Jin can be a defender for the ones incabable of fighting or needs the use of his muscle in some way. If there's someone out of line and succumbing to an illusion, he can learn from their actions, and try to heal them back to rationality. Like a Psychologist.
Jin
Player

Words: 28078
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 4:04 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Cadence on November 13th, 2010, 3:26 am

Hadrian and Alichino are in. As for Jin, I'm sorry but five players is the maximum number. I would like this quest to move relatively quickly and that just won't be possible with more than five players. There will be other Alvadas quest and you are always free to make your own way to Alvadas or start your character there.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Office
Scrapbook

Next