Completed A Thorny Revelation [Fallon]

Thorns and Revelations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

A Thorny Revelation [Fallon]

Postby Redd on March 9th, 2015, 6:25 am

You need a master.
You need me.
You are mine now.

Elias's words rang inside of her mind as Redd listened to the woman’s words, words that continued to chastise the wolf with a vengeance. Growls even left the strangers lips, the sounds made her want to place her back against a solid wall to confront the woman, but instead she dropped her shoulders and allowed the words to settle and press down upon her. However, a soft growl of her own did settle upon her lips. Yes, she was bitter, but it had only happened ever since she had taken a few steps into the human world. A decision that she regretted ever since then with every day that passed. ”What do you want me to admit human? That I’m a failure at this so-called life where everyone despises me? Hates me? Shuns me? Yes, I’m bitter. Yes, I’m a failure at this life, this life that I do not understand. I constantly fail and disappoint so many people that I cannot remember a time where one was satisfied with me. So if you want to add onto that, then be my guest, it’s a long list why not add one more.” She growled out as she kept her single eye upon the path ahead, now barely paying attention to the scent she followed.

She didn’t understand as to why Elias’s words also rang in her mind at that point, perhaps it was because it was the only time that she felt like she truly belonged to someone. Until he too abandoned you, mocked the voice and she lifted a hand to rub at her temple. The young wolf was used to being abandoned and chased off because of who and what she was. There were times when she did enjoy life, but those were rare, even more so now. Sometimes she even wondered if happiness was even something that she was meant to have. She had said that once, that happiness wasn’t for her, so why did she keep trying? No, a beast was meant to kill, that was all. A beast who longs for something more, whispered the all-knowing voice and she simply shook her head as she dropped her hand back to her side. It was then that she realize that she had lost the scent of the hare and she back traced passed the stranger, her bare feet skimming the ground with each step. Memories were beginning to press in on the wolf, memories and the voice and she didn’t know why. Why were they being a constant reminder? She then picked up the scent once more and brushed passed a prickly bush.

”No, I guess you’re right. No one owes me anything because I am just a beast who should just be used and then left behind. A tool to kill my own brethren, a tool to be beaten and a tool to be tossed away.” Pain, sadness and loneliness were the things that came crashing down upon her and she stopped, suddenly feeling the need to run. To run and never stop until she dropped, to wander until she could no longer walk and to howl. ”I don’t believe that you are here to just simply help, because every human has a hidden motive, they always do. That has been proven to me more times than one.” She said softly as she pressed on, moving forwards as she battled to supress the emotions hidden within. It was distraction as its finest really. A brush of her right arm against a thorny tree, the missed sign of paw prints upon the ground and because she wasn’t paying too much attention to her own footsteps, they were louder than normal. Which would have sent the hare further onwards if it was around nearby. Even then she didn’t know, for her hazel hue wasn’t looking for the sight of the white little body of the hare. It was just simply focused upon the path in front of her and a little bit glazed over as she retreated into herself, but she still followed the scent. It was important. ”Yes… I guess red is the colour of blood.” She had a feeling that she was supposed to say something else, but what? What did one say when the other clearly saw a bitter beast?
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on March 13th, 2015, 3:49 pm

"Yes, you have already laid down the presumed judgement that the whole world will turn and shun you, that you are weak, that you are nothing but dirt. That you are filth," Her voice darkened then, eyes burning and then withdrawing, "Condemn yourself to darkness, you do not even bring yourself to raise your head, do not even try. You surrender before you even begin, throw away the thought of free will and the choice to make for yourself. You could run away, yet here you are, pitiful and grovelling," She inhaled deeply, deliberately placing down her words carefully - harsh, hard and ramming in an attempt to provoke a reaction, "You are below that of filth. You are nothing. A void."

Fallon did not miss that flare of anger, that trembling start of a retaliation writhing beneath the flesh. Her eyes narrowed down, lips peeling back and fixing into that wolfish grin. Teeth gave their own flash, the rumblings of a growl in mimicry, the prod and poke at the defences for the thumbscrew in. She gave a pause when the kelvic did, peering expectantly as the other tried to pick up the scent once more. She lingered in place for a moment, allowing time for the words to repeat and sink in to her. Let them rest, let them fester, "You do not even seek to change yourself. Stick and stagnate, you will sink."

"A mindless beast,"
her eyes glared then, "A mindless beast does not talk. Does not think. You have no concept, you are no tool, you are nothing..." She exhaled, repeating the words back to the other, "Yes, completely right you are. Wise wolf, clever wolf, you saw all so neatly through my trap on where I would trick and control you. A quick judger with no evidence of self character, never will that be your downfall," Sharp with words, she watched the head deliberately keep facing ahead - an attempt to save face with the odds seemingly piling against her. It was a cruel world, Fallon knew that. She had felt the darkness that had lived in it, she had known the pain and sorrow that consumed and festered not within herself but others - niggling and nibbling at the core until there was nothing left. But she had also held on, she had not surrendered the slither of hope before it slipped away between her fingers. And it was with such a mindset that she was able to hold on and drag herself through her trials thus far.

She stepped, taking to silence for the moment . Let the thoughts stew, let them linger and rest in the mind of the other. She would not force her to see sense, there would be nothing gained of simply being told - she would forget soon enough if it was simple voice. No, she needed to see and understand it, she needed to act through the motions herself and reveal what existed beneath - if there was anything beneath to exist to begin with. Eyes burned at the back of her skull, ears twitching to the hum of bitterness that strung between them. Fingers gave a tap upon the kukri sheath, fingers wriggling as she watched from a distance. A bend as she shifted beneath a branch, the pressing away and aside a stray branch of thorns that looked to jab at her. She exhaled, "And now, now you condemn yourself further, no strength. Coward. Weak. Or am I wrong?" Her voice purred, though it was closer to a growl a further jab to provoke, "You don't have it in you to prove me wrong. Spineless."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Redd on March 22nd, 2015, 9:12 pm

Redd stopped upon her path, a soft growl upon her lips as she stared ahead with her single eye. Words after words fell down upon the woman like a whip would crack over the skin and the one behind it all was called Redwulf. Slowly, her right hand began to fist before they straightened, the process repeating itself over and over again. Her teeth clenched themselves while the voice spoke in its smug tones. See? She doesn’t care about you, the woman is just like Venser. In fact, I’m sure that most of them see just like her. The young wolf’s growls would began to rise in tone, as her head angled to the side while her gaze dropped to view the ground underneath her feet. This time however, she listened to the voice as she tried to beat off the pain that she felt within. Why not just kill her? She sounds like Venser, for all you know, she could be him in a different disguise. A disguise… No, scent did not lie, it wasn’t Venser. For all she knew, the woman and him could be related, after-all it did prove that the man did have relatives. A shift of her head, had her left eye peering back over her shoulder at the woman with hate clearly reflecting from within.

What right did this woman have to tell her something that was not like her at all. She hadn’t given up just yet, she just might have decided to wait in order to exact her revenge, but that didn’t mean she was weak, it just meant that she was biding her time. The red wolf hunted to not only expand upon her knowledge, but to grow stronger than when she had first faced Venser. Do it, try to attack her. Maybe she might rip out your other eye, but then, maybe you will succeed where you didn’t last time. ”Yes, you humans always have a hidden motive, which will always simply inflict pain.” Redd shrugged off the coat that had been handed to her and simply allowed it to fall to the leafy ground, ridding herself of the scent of the woman. ”You are all the same,” growled the woman as the shift began to flood over the woman with a pale red light. The familiar borrowing of the wolf form was something that she welcomed as she felt her paws settle upon the ground. When all else had failed, her wolf form had not. It had not rejected her, but it gave her strength when she felt all alone.

As the light faded to reveal the red bodied wolf to the human, she shook her coat out. While she may have felt weaker in human form, that was only because she wasn’t used to it. Strength came from familiarity, this was something that Redd had realized a long time ago and she had been a wolf longer than she had been human. Then killing the bitch should be easy for you, laughed the voice and she snarled. The young wolf had killed many animals, but never had she killed a human. Why was that? She asked herself as she slowly turned to view the woman, her single golden hue glaring at her as her growls turned to snarls. Redd’s head lowered as she took note of the fact that Redwulf’s fingers were very close to a weapon., a weapon that Redd hadn’t seen before. Finally after she had paused for a brief moment, she had finally decided to just simply attack the woman. Let her teeth and claws fall where they may. However, she knew that if given the chance, her teeth would sink into the neck. Her back paws dug in as they shoved backwards to propel her form forwards, her ears pressed back against her skull. The young wolf’s form would launch forward with even intent on sinking her teeth into the woman’s neck, while her claws would rip into the stomach if at all possible.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on March 27th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Fallon braced herself, or more correctly she gave the small click of the kukri that precious inch that eased it out of its sheath. Her shoulders hunkered down, the gauntlet covered fingers flexing and flickering as she watched the pause. She heard the growl, she saw the body language as her words finally seemed to strike a single cord. And with it, the sound thrummed, tingling at the other feelings and emotions that boiled around the central one - the crack had been revealed, and with it the walls would come crumbling down. So much hate, Fallon's hairs prickled and rose, a deep inhale as she checked the space around her - trees of course, they were closed in, limiting her movement. Using the kukri in such close quarters would be the best move if it did indeed come to blades.

The falling of the cloak was her cue, her knees bending, as she looked the woman. Bare and primal, the teeth bearing as she snarled those words. It was with such that Fallon's free hand came slightly forward, gauntlets flexing as she held it open poised to claw or grab at what was to come. And come it did, that flash, the fur bushing out as she made that charge towards her. Her mind burst and fired into life, adrenal racing up as it wrestled between the motions of flight and fight - fuelled on instinct and the thoughts of survival. The gauntlet hand straightened out then, step in, give the other less space to fight and act with.

The arm coiled back, form twisting so the left arm lead, metal and leathers leading the way. She barged her way at the other, full weight and strength going into the movement. With it her voice rumbled up from her core, racing up through her pit and stomach, her lungs bloating and her fangs bared as she lived up to her namesake. A howling war cry ripped forth, rolling like thunder. It was the same left gauntlet that was pushed in the direction of those snapping jaw or the throat after that, her neck crunching down protect it from what damage the kelvic looked to unleash. Fingers released the kukri, mind swirling through her options on what she could do - subdue, straddle, calm, reassess and reassure. Claws, where were they?

Her eyes gave a small glance down, eyes catching the leathers and wondering if they'd be enough to block - or least dampen what may come. It was a snap decision to bring the right across herself - arm sweeping before her defensively to form a protective barrier between her and the more tender flesh. From there she continued her own forward barge, twisting to go into a grapple and topple the beast over. She felt the claws sink in and drag around the thinner layers of protection. Teeth gritted, hot breath as she once more tried for the push to the floor and the attempt to pin her down. In the while she simply exhaled to herself between gritted teeth, "So, I was right, you're not a weak one."
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Redd on April 27th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Redd had barely seen the protected hand that had flashed past her head, the hand that the wolf had turned her head to snap at. In fact, she had barely felt anything, all she had felt was a blinding red rage, one that coloured her vision in red. Her teeth were still gnashing as they attempting to sink into the metal that protected the hand that had flashed past her head. The young wolf’s claws however, were scraping against the leathers of the woman’s form. While her claws was sharp, the wolf wasn’t exactly sure as to just how tough the leather was. It kind of reminded her of the skin of deer, but tougher. Sometimes, her claws would also scrap against something hard and as her pads pressed against it, she realized that it was also cool. Metal, metal that she could also taste upon her tongue and Redd couldn’t also help but snarl as she felt her form going downwards towards the ground. Her vision tilted sideways and her form braced for the impact of the ground itself.

Once she felt her side pressed against the ground, she shook her head in order to shake the arm that her jaws had a hold of. Although she couldn’t exactly secure her hold upon the arm, due to her teeth grasping upon metal, the young wolf knew that the stranger could pull her arm away if she so chose to. Although, that would provide the wolf with the chance in order to snap at something more chewable. Her sides heaved as she strained with the effort in order to use her body to force the woman off of her. However, the young wolf knew that she couldn’t possible shake the woman off, mostly because of her own weight and strength. Having starved and then hadn’t had a steady stream of food, made keeping weight on just a little difficult, but she did know that Verin cared enough to feed her. Her claws continued to curl in to attempt their path along the woman’s body, while her teeth began to gnaw upon the metal in order to find any kind of weakness to the solid that she had her jaws wrapped around. However, it was then that Mistress Redwulf’s words reached her ears as her hot breath rushed over her fur coat. The human didn’t think that she was weak? An ear pricked forward, but her snarls continued forth as she only felt rage at the woman for poking at the mental wound.

She is lying again, she doesn’t think that you are strong. She thinks that you will let your guard down only for her to poke at you again, whispered the unwanted voice. The ear returned to being pinned back against her head and her snarls rose in volume once again. Redd’s jaws clamped around the metal hand and she shook her head from one side to the other. Occasionally her teeth shifted and she would stop in order to adjust once more so then she could continue on shaking her head from one side to the other. The claws would release their grip, shift upwards slightly if she had enough room to allow it, before they pushed forwards back into the woman’s form. Perhaps if she continued at it, perhaps she might actually be able to claw her way through the leather. With the metal though, she most certainly couldn’t chew through it, so she would just simply continue shaking her head from side to side until the stranger’s arm came off, or until Redwulf moved her hand.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on April 28th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Pain was the thing that went through Fallon. For all the gauntlets being there, it did not mean that pain was absent. Teeth gritted, the sensation of fangs grinding against metal, the pinching of a jaw inwards as it try to shake the flesh free. Her arm jerked of course, the wrestle for dominance. She growled back in response, fangs bearing as claws looked to gather and snag, the blaring of adrenal beginning to claw its way upwards and find a firm grasp upon her ego. Eyes wide, lips peeled back the right gauntlet jerking forwards as she managed to hold her straddle. Toes dug in, knees bent as muscles strained and rebelled. There was that blip however in it all, that moment of silence between it all - had she heard the words spoken? She began to pull away once more, only to feel the clamping return.

Her throat let out a pained grunt, grinding the teeth as she burned the orbs down upon the struggling wolf. Lean back or lean closer and throw more weight down. She still had her free hand to contend with, "Yet you continue to, keep, on, fighting." It was the right that pressed against the other then, against the skull, the ears as she tried to bring herself leaning back and away. There was the continuous pull back of the left, a fight to pull back. Teeth gave a part to let out a gasp, the thumb rubbing against the fur, "It's alright now you know. It's alright. Petching..." She hissed as she tried to pry her hand free. She could feel the bones beginning to strain even in the metal, and while it may have saved her from having the flesh ripped and the digits ripped off it still caused harm. Bruises, strains, breaks. She tried to clench her fist up, eyes watering as she looked down upon the wolf, a struggling tone escaping her throat, "It's alright to be scared. It's alright to not want to be alone anymore."

"Sometimes, we just all need a little push to prove things to ourselves right?"
Moisture clung around her orbs, finger spasms controlling her clenched hand now, as she focused on only trying to pull it further away from the wolf. It was the right however that continued its petting, trembling and shaking as she tried to focus through the pain, "Just need to take that step away from the wall, not hold back, show strength." Her gaze fixed to the wolf then, lips and expression pulling up into a brave face, "Might hurt, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that bull shyke, but in the end you know in yourself it was inside all along." Shoulders gave a shake, her fingers twitching as she tried to keep her gaze fixed there and in place, "And when you get there. Then you burn bright then any fire, you sear through all that chained you down, and you become so... so..." she exhaled, "Pure. Beautiful. All of its gone and over."

Gasping, Fallon attempted to continue her pulling - brow pinching together as she focused on it, dragging against the snarls, the claws dragging through the leathers and catching on the studs, "And it's just you, you left to make your own choices." She cursed under her breath then, her form shaking - she doubted she had little time remaining before she would have to react with different means.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Redd on August 3rd, 2015, 3:12 pm

It was the rubbing and the words that brought Redd back from the animalistic urge to want to rip into the human that had dared called her weak. The urge to tear the woman limb from limb was strong and it burned through her veins. However, the circling movement of the thumb that rubbed over her fur, brought her back into her thinking mind, and one ear flickered forwards, which was soon followed by the second ear when the woman had mentioned that it was ok to not want to be alone. Alone, is what she had mostly been ever since the wolf pack had rejected her, ever since her mother had all but thrown her out of her house in Nyka as a pup. Slowly, even her paws began slowing their movements, before even they too came to a stop, as her growls and snarls died down. Her teeth refused to let go of their grip upon the hand however, as she didn’t want to regret it as soon as she did. Humans, they were tricky and manipulative even. They were not to be trusted, as all they ever did was use Redd, never did they ever love her or comfort her. They only ever thought about their wants and needs, never anything about what she wanted or needed. Sometimes, it felt as if she was balancing on the edge of a cliff, a very steep one at that.

All movements had ceased as she listened to the Redwulf’s words, her muscles slowly relaxing as the hand petted and rubbed her fur. It was perhaps the only real time that anyone had actually done such a thing to her and it was a strange sensation. Did she mean to harm? Did this woman mean to trick her into letting her let her hand go? The young wolf could definitely tell from the tone of the stranger’s voice, that she was hurting the woman, but was she really? Was Redd really causing her pain? Or was she tricking her? Redd continued to listen to the woman explain that they all needed a push, a push to show themselves as to what they could really do. Did she really have to step back from the cliff? Was it possible that she could really change the way that things were now? Was her situation not as hopeless as it seemed? Could she really escape the chains and collars of slavery? Only to be free and roam like a wolf? All of these questions pounded into the kelvic and they seemed overwhelming, the single hope that Redd really could shed the collar of slavery, brought back a strength that she had forgotten that she had when she had first entered Ravok.

A moment passed, before Redd’s jaws slowly opened, freeing the Redwulf’s hand as her tongue worked to also push the woman’s left hand from her mouth. The young wolf did this, for she figured that if this stranger meant her harm, then why would she give the wolf hope instead of crushing the last shreds that she had held onto? After all, the kelvic knew that the human really was strong, and maybe if she continued to rip the woman’s arm off, then she might be able to best her. However, it was the petting that had Redd sold and she closed her single golden hue and rested her head upon the ground underneath her frame. A breath pushed from the young wolf’s lungs in a huff, making the grains of dirt scatter from her nose for a brief moment. Redd’s long tongue darted out to lick her nose once and then twice, as she pondered over the words that had been spoken. If they were true, then one day, she may just very well be able to leave Sahova and Ravok, leave them behind. Make a life for her own. Was it truly possible? Would she be able to find another pack if she did? One that might take a wounded wolf in?
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on August 6th, 2015, 8:37 am

Fallon continued to grit her teeth, a cold sweat clinging across her shoulders as she tried to focus. Grinding, she could hear it loudly in her ears, scratching and scrapping in sensation. The eyes were watering, her entire from tended and trembling - pain, it was near consuming and pressing. How easy it would have been to simply react and unleash her wrath. But she needed control, she needed to not react to build the bridges that were potentially left in tatters in the kelvic before her. Slowly and gently now, the hand continued the petting motion, stroking as the ears twitched and listened. Even as the paws slowed in their movements, the growls growing quiet and the body still. Fallon let out a mumbled gasp of discomfort, "Good... Good. You've got a really strong bite," Fallon chewed at her lip, her free hand spasming slightly as she attempted to swallow the air, "Really strong."

Was she crying? Probably, she was in enough discomfort even as the wolf slowed and began to relax. Gradually she felt the saw the pause to think, the change in body language as the beast began the slow withdrawal. She gasped as the teeth were released, the arm trembling as she withdrew it, eyes flickering about as the tongue continued to push. She did not dally the digits there for too long. Resting back onto her haunches she looked down upon the surrendering wolf, both hands withdrawing and the injured flexing stiffly in the gauntlet. She needed to get it off, sooner rather than later she reasoned. Swelling, restricting, she could already feel it pinching inside.

With a final ruffling pat of the flanks, Fallon pulled away, form rolling off and to the side. The low grunt filled her throat, her attention turning to the left gauntlet. It was without thought that she focused on the immediate issue, tugging at the straps with her free hand and slipping the buckles that held the gauntlet in place. Pulling, tugging and wincing, the woman pulled it free and let it clatter to the ground allowing her inspect the flesh beneath. Sitting up, her gauntlet had gently probed at the swelling, the dark bruising beginning to gather and form around her knuckles and into the palm. The red began to sting, swollen and continuing to bloom in dark colours, the fingers stiffening up. Turning it over to look upon the tendons she noticed the unblemished Lykata mark.

Her gaze turned to the wolf, her injured hand tugging the right gauntlet off. Freedom, study, be able to probe and check with ease. Her voice however continued with a hum, "Good... good... So much beauty. Just got to take those first few steps. Turn the page to the next chapter," Fallon let out a tight smile as the other gauntlet rattled to the ground, "You feel better now? Proved yourself good didn't you now?" The finger and thumb massaged at the purple bruising, gently feeling and bending the tendons and joints. Her voice gave a hiss of discomfort, "Petching hai, vice grip. But this, this is your start. You understand that right?" Peeling the right hand away she gently stroked at the fur once more, caressing and feeling around the ears, "That feel nice?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Redd on August 7th, 2015, 11:53 am

Redd had expected more from the woman, she had expected that Redwulf would have at least slapped her, or punched her. Hell, she expected some kind of pain to have came her way, but instead, there was nothing except for the ruffling of her fur along her flank. Still, she waited, waited for that vengeful hit, but none came and the young wolf couldn’t quite understand. Did she even cause the woman pain? If she did, then why didn’t she lash out? It wasn’t until she heard the soft thud of the gauntlet falling to the ground that the red wolf actually lifted her head. Her single golden hue looked upon the ground first, only to find the gauntlet that the woman had been wearing and the one that she had chewed upon, occupied a space there. Finally, she lifted her single gaze to view the swelling hand of the stranger before her. What she saw there, made her strangely proud of herself as she watched the colour bloom across the skin. Although, the young wolf couldn’t help but feel worry as well, had she hurt someone that was only trying to help in their own weird way?

Such worries were soothed away the moment that the stranger began to speak again, although they still confused her some. Why would she intentionally let her harm her in order to prove to her and Redd that she was strong enough to break her binds? With an angle of her head, she lifted her nose to view Redwulf’s face, her gaze searching for any possible deception that could be hidden within the stranger’s eyes. Redd’s head angled slightly to the right as confusion swept through her, why had she allowed such actions from the young wolf? She had felt the strength that the human contained and it could have gone badly for the red wolf, but it hadn’t. The moment that she had allowed the words to be heard and felt the sensation of being patted, she had relaxed. The tone had just simply been… Soothing. It had been a welcoming tone, one that had been filled with something and she couldn’t quite work out what. Redd knew that this event, had just made her realize that she wasn’t as weak as most tended to make her out to be. That, to some rare beings, she was something. They saw her, even though she had spent most of her life blending into the background.

Her single gaze watched the hand that peeled away from the left and it reached for her. Quickly, she ducked her head, even her ears had flattened on either side of her head. However, what came was not that of violence or pain, it was a rub, a pat around the ears. Both of her ears flickered forwards once more at the words, but she felt, more than heard and a small wag of her tail issued forth. The young wolf’s nose lifted in order to keep the contact. It was strange, almost like a faint memory of being patted or stroked, but it was a pleasant sensation and a soft growl of content rumbled forth. This woman’s actions were far different than those of the ones that she was quite used to and she couldn’t help but take advantage of it. Why hold back when she could just simply enjoy it for as long as she could? Who knew when Redd may receive such attention again.

It was then that Redd remembered the colour that had bloomed across Redwulf’s skin and she stretched out her neck so then her tongue could lash out along the injured skin. It was something that her adoptive mother wolf had taught her when she was young, licking the wounds of a pack member. While Redd didn’t see the woman as a pack member nor as a dominant, she saw her as a stranger. A friendly one that had injured herself in order to prove to her that Redd did indeed carry the strength within to change her life around. She looked up at the stranger, her golden hue peered into the greeny-blue eyes as best as she could. She tried to express through the one eye that she had, her gratitude by giving another small wag of her tail. She dipped her nose again and should the woman allow it, she licked once more. Redd wasn’t an expert on wounds, but she hoped that the coolness of her saliva helped some-what, just as this stranger had helped show her that she did have the strength that she needed within.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on August 9th, 2015, 7:35 am

Timid, was the word that rung in her mind. Timid and scared, built up upon a collection of false beliefs that were rotten at the foundations and up on through. The hand continued its rubbing, easing, gentle, far from a weighty or forceful pressure that would weigh the skull down. Fingertips massaged in as the ears twitched, feeling the coarse fur that caressed the palm and left what could only be described as a calming sensation within herself and probably in response. Her lips gave a tight smile as she removed the hand, returning to the swelling left as it began to grow stiff and seize up. So tempting it was to let her hand recoil into a ball, tighten and lock under the throws of instinct. Yet even now such an action was becoming difficult. With a grimace she surrendered herself to the notion that resting and bracing it in a support would be the best move.

With a grunt she gingerly pulled the sensitive fingers into a more relaxed position. Her gaze looking to the flicking tail of the wolf and the low growling rumbling from her throat - was the creature pleased? Happy with what was occurring? She merely gave a shrug to the thought and continued to gingerly feel around her fingers - was anything broken? She could not tell beyond the discomfort, though nothing felt broken. It was when the wolf moved her head closer however that she flinched. It was a kneejerk reaction based from pain, air catching in her lungs to the good intention.

"Ouch," Fallon hissed, face contorting in discomfort. She attempted to crack a smile, looking to the orb that looked back. Trying to sooth? Perhaps, she reached the right hand forward once more to gently pat, "Hey. Hey. I..." another hiss, the fingers momentarily tensed as she tried to simply hold that there, "Thank you. I'm alright. So, don't worry about me." A pat, before she withdrew both hands to her lap, her better hand gathering up the gauntlets, "It'll be alright now. In time. Just needs some rest and care with it. Like most things." Her throat let out a hum, "Just need to get some cool on it, wrap it, and secure it. Be fine. So, don't worry yourself about it."

She could not do more than give that reassuring tone. In honesty she was not really sure how else to continue at that point - was the wolf trying to show an element of care, or worry for the damage she had done? Fallon's fingers gave a twitch, a small spasm of pain coursing through and causing a grind of teeth. Something cold to reduce the swelling probably would not go amiss at a time like this, and allow it time to have the bruising come forth. With a small snort, she returned them to resting and begun the slow process of easing herself up.

"Still, mighty fine pair of fangs you've got there. Maybe, one day, you'll use them for what you need to use them for," Her body gave a click, the cack-handed attempt to strap the gauntlets so they hung from her belt. With the metal left there clattering, the woman gave a nod, "Just... I don't know. Let yourself live in regret of what could have been or think that nobody cares and what not. People, everyone, we've all got our own things but it doesn't mean that we don't resent lending a hand." Her eyes looked down to the left then, the Lykata glowing softly in the light, "Just don't be afraid to try either, because if you don't try then you'll never be able to give yourself that chance. So, never, ever, ever give up. Understand?"

"Because the moment you give up, is the moment where you can no longer help yourself and you belong to the mercy of others,"
her voice went firm for a moment, before the pain returned once more to the left, "Petching Hai. I'm going to have to go tend to this, I think. Need to see to it in a clean environment, think I have things back at the room I can use. Still. You hear me?" A final pat of the right hand before she reclaimed her coat and began to pull away, "Don't give up and most importantly, good luck."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext