PM to join Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Fire gathers her meager things and finds warmer amenities.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on February 24th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Image
25-Winter-514

Dragging her feet she made her way back to the shack. It had been a long day. All she wanted to do was go back home and lie down. Although it was really that appealing because it wasn’t much warmer inside than it was outside. The recent storm finally having subsided she’d gone out to get her pent up energy out. She’d been pacing around the last couple days while the storm raged it’s angry fists against the dilapidating boards. She’d lost part of her window when some ice had flown off a nearby shack and shattered it while she’d been sleeping.

Only having a couple cuts to show for the shower of glass, she felt rather lucky but the snow had come blowing in and it’d taken her forever to figure out how to get the hole covered and the mess cleaned up. She ended up pulling one of the tattered smelly skins out of her chest and tucking it the best she could in little crevices around the hole. She’d used her dagger to secure one side to the rotting wood next to the window and wrapped the bottom part of the skin with some rope and tied it off on the side rail of the bed that was closest to the wall.

It still let some snow in and she couldn’t sleep in her bunk anymore because a small pile of the little flakes kept residence on the edge where the skin would flap open and let it trickle in. She’d pulled everything off of the wooden platform that she used for the bed frame and made a pile as close as she dared to the hearth on the floor. She didn’t mind sleeping on the ground, she was used to doing it in the wild, but it felt kind of weird doing it in her own house when she had the frame right next to her that was useless now.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Last edited by Firenze on June 3rd, 2015, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on April 17th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Image
25-Winter-514

A few days had passed with her lying on the floor, a few close calls with popping sparks had her move the pile of bedding so that she was generally warm on one side and freezing on the other. Between the tossing and turning trying to make sure she kept warm on both sides through the night, losing her bondmate and her stomach growling for food she was in a downright growly mood. She was afraid if she came into contact with anyone or talked to anyone that she might verbally rip their face off.

A scowl sat on her face as she trudged through the heavy snow, thick clouds threatening another storm swirled over her head. She tried to block it out, keeping her mind focused on getting back to the shack. She passed by a few taverns on her way and that caused her to pause. Smoke rolled from tipped chimneys, the windows were fogged over and a warm orange glow shone through. The smell of greasy cooking meats and stale ale wafted out the door whenever someone entered or exited. She could hear the rowdiness of the patrons as they huddled together, drinking to warm their bones.

Her stomach growled low, her tongue darting out swiftly as she licked her lips while her mouth salivated. Coming to a complete halt, she shuffled to the side as the downtrodden shoved their way past, grumbling names at her.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Last edited by Firenze on June 3rd, 2015, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on April 17th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Image
25-Winter-514

Turning on her heel she made her way over to the Drunken Fish, letting the heat wash over her frozen limbs as someone exited. Giving a sigh of relief, the trendles of heat escaping her mouth played around her face, slowly drifting upward. Grabbing the handle she entered the establishment. She rubbed her hands along her arms trying to force the heat surrounding her into her skin faster. Wiggling her frozen toes, she wondered if she would get feeling in them again if she stayed in the bar long enough. Hood up and eyes leery of the others she made her way over to a table near the back wall, furthest from the door. It was rather crowded on that end of the building but she wanted to be as far away from the entrance where the cold air kept trying to seep in every time someone flung the door open.

Slipping into one of the wooden chairs she thumped the sack from her shoulder on the table, it had some decent meat in it and she didn’t want anyone trying to snatch it from her. Slim fingers pulled the hood back from her head, dumping the few flakes that hung on onto the floor. Shaking her head lightly she tried to fix her unruly hair.

“What’re ya havin’,” the barmaid came over, hand on hip, scowl on face.

“Food and ale,” Fire responded without looking at the other woman. She surveyed the room for a moment, didn’t they have rooms above stairs? If they did then there should be a staircase of some sort. Her eyes followed the walls and there in the corner was a small staircase leading up. A burly man squeezed his wide frame down the narrow opening.

Glancing around the poorly lit area, her eyes roving over the other patrons, she waited. Waited for her food, ale to warm her belly and the heat from the hearth to warm her. It wasn't sweltering by any means but it was significantly warmer than the rough shack that she was currently residing in.

I think I'm going to have to move. It might be for the best anyway... the memories in that shack are starting to haunt me. I need something fresh... something new. I need a distraction... or a new mate. Am I ready for a new mate? ...Not yet. Do I want one? She questioned herself. Unsure was her name right now, she felt unsure of everything. Dor'gen had tossed her personal world into turmoil and she wasn't sure how to fix it. Day by day. Take it day by day. That was the only thing that she could think of that might even help. Keep living as normal as possible and just make it to the end of the day.

It had been awhile since he'd left and she'd started to notice recently that although the giant gaping hole of pain in her chest was still there, it was slowly starting to recede, thank the gods. She didn't know if she wanted to continue with the pain it wasn't going to get any better.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on June 3rd, 2015, 2:02 pm

Image
The barmaid came back to the table, tossing the plate of food and the cup of ale down. A few drops sloshed over the edges of the mug and dripped onto the table. She looked up at the large bosomed woman, she wasn’t smiling and appeared to be waiting for something. Digging in her pocket she grasped the mizas to pay for her meal and an extra copper for the woman.

“This copper is for you to keep, however, I’ll give you another if you can help me figure out a way to secure lodging here. There are rooms above stairs is there not?” Her fingers curled around the mug and she brought it to her face to take a deep drink to warm her insides. Eyes never left the other woman as she tipped the cup back, the bitter liquid burning.

“Well,” a plump had propped on her hip as she cocked it to the side, she looked around to see if any other patrons had come in and then looked back to Firenze, the idea of making more money appealing,”if ye give me two more coppers, I’ll get ye a place to stay here, but ye have ta pay the owner fer the price o’ the room. It’s per day too.”

Placing the cup down slowly, she mulled over that for a bit. Could she afford to stay here? “How much is it per day? Could you find out for me?”

“I don’t know off the top o’ m'head, I’d have to find out and that might cost ya. I’m spendin’ my time to talk to you instead of workin' m'customers.”

“I’ll give you the second copper now and the additional copper you’re asking when you return with pricing.” Her eyes narrowed slightly, trying to judge the woman if she would think it fair.

The woman returned the squint trying to determine if she could get more money out of Firenze. Fire’s eyes flashed, daring the woman to push her. She’d been trying to be pleasant thus far, but her food had yet to be consumed and drink had barely started to warm her from the inside and she was still growly. Brows tipped down slightly and her head cocked to the side as if to say Try it, see what happens.

Fire watched as the woman came to a conclusion, her expression tight, “A’right, but if yer gonna be eatin’ in here while ye stay then ye better come ta me fer yer business.” She nodded, satisfied that if she wasn’t going to get more money now, so she could procure all of the money Fire spent while she stayed.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on June 3rd, 2015, 2:46 pm

Image
The woman’s eyes flicked down to Fire’s outstretched hand, the expression on her face told Fire that she’d rather not shake her hand. Her mouth in a grimace she wiped her greasy fingers on her smock and slapped her large hand into Fire’s. Her slim hand wrapped around the woman’s plump red ones, gave a single shake and then released.

“Miriam.”

“Firenze.”

She gave over the second copper silently, the woman turned away and left as Fire slipped her hand under the table and wiped it on her leggings. Watching the tousled hair toppled on top of the woman’s head bounce, her large hips doing the same. A few of the men at the bar watched her and slapped each other on the backs or gave a punch to the others arm. They guffawed at some inside joke only part of the conversation floated over to her, “...in the face naw, but that’s a fine rump!”

“...tumble it in the hay out back…” a nudge to the ribs, another slap on the back.

“... o’while… wife’ll never know, ain’t ever inter…”

Turning her attention back to her drink, she took a sip and then began eating her food. Despite the hearths and mass of bodies the chill had still managed to cool her food quickly. Biting into the meat the center still warm but not as hot as she would’ve liked, she ate it anyway.

Chewing, she watched a couple in the corner dance to the fiddlers who were trying to make some coins in the corner from the patrons. They were off a half step but didn’t seem to mind as they teetered and helped to keep each other upright. She watched as toes were stepped on, the hem of the woman's dress was ripped as the man caught it under his shoe as he was trying to unsuccessfully twirl her. Her breasts threatened to spill from her top as she bent over to check the damage. She leaned a bit too far and started to tip over, the man grabbed her around the stomach and pulled her back to him, his hips grinding her back side. Music was obviously no longer on their minds and Fire felt like she was looking at something that was personal and shouldn’t be watched.

Red flushed her face, averting her eyes she noticed that she wasn’t the only one that was watching them, half the room appeared to be getting some entertainment of the two who decided to openly fondle each other.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on June 21st, 2015, 5:18 am

Image
The woman came back after awhile, her bosom swayed while she walked and jiggled when she stopped. Firenze kept her eyes on her face, trying to ignore the distractions she was sure gained her extra coin from other patrons. She moved the two coins back and forth in her hand, sliding them back and forth, the clinking inaudible in the raucous room.

Their eyes met and the woman’s mouth turned up, “I found ye a room, it’ll be 2 silvers a day. It’s not the best in the house but it’s not the worst either.” Holding her hand out, she waited for the payment.

“I can stay this evening until I need to leave?” Eyes narrowed, glancing at her hand and back up.

“That’s what they sayin’.” Her hand still outstretched, making a motion for her to hand over the money to finish the deal.

“Alright,” Fire slid the coins into the woman’s hand. Satisfied with the answers and eager to have a warm bed for the evening. She finished the now cold meats and beverage, excitement flooding through her veins, motivating her to go get her things as soon as possible. Wanting to finish her meal quickly she didn’t notice the woman walk away. Glancing to where she’d stood she figured that she could hurry before Miriam left for the evening and check which room was going to be hers.

Throwing her head back, the mug to her lips, the last bit of the liquid ran down her throat and she gathered her things. Fire walked by the couple in the corner and the rowdy men watching, blatantly ignoring them. Preparing herself, she pushed the door to the tavern open and the cold smacked her hard in the face. A breeze whipped her hair hard into her face.


Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Firenze on June 21st, 2015, 5:20 am

Image
Awhile later she was making her way back through the same door with everything she owned. Her eyes adjusted quickly to the light in the room and her eyes scanned the crowd. Spotting the woman in the far corner she shifted her pack on her shoulder and made her way over.

“Hey, I need that room now,” Fire tipped her body to the side, trying to make up for the difference in the weight.

“A’right, 2 silvers and I’ll show you.” The woman had no fear when it came to making sure she got her pay. Firenze had an appreciation for her boldness, feeling that the she’d need it to work in a place such as this with customers like the ones who visited.

“I’ll make you a deal…” Fire was cut off as the woman waved her hand at her.

“You and yer deals. Just give me the coins after I show ye then. But mind, if ye don’t pay me there’ll be consequences!” Her hand gone from waving her off to shaking a finger at Fire.

Her body shoved people as she made herself a path through the crowd, not even bothering to say pardons. Firenze followed, the snow on her boots leaving a little wet puddle trail. The stairs groaned in protest of the weight as they made their way up. Miriam rapped on a door, waited and then pulled a key out from her pocket. The silver caught the flames in the hall as she turned it in the lock and shoved on the heavy wood. It swung open and revealed small quarters of a bed, fireplace and chest.

The bed was tucked into the corner of the room, farthest from the window. A heavy chest sat on the floor next to it and the hearth was only a few steps from it. It was going to be tight but worth not having to sleep on a cold mattress on the floor of her broken shack.

“Here,” holding the coins out, she made her way slowly into the room. A heavy thud sounded as her pack hit the mattress. Eyes scanned and took in everything from the small cracks to the creaky floor and heavy scent of burning wood that slightly stung her nostrils.

“Thank ye for yer business, just go see the Father after today to continue payin’ fer yer room. Keys here, I’d lock up if I were you, but I’m not so I suppose it’s nuna my business,” lying the key on the bed post she turned and left.

Firenze closed the door behind her, lock clinking as she slid it into place. Sounds from the bar below drifted up the stairs, a woman laughed a little too loudly above a faint hum of constant chatter. Sighing she kicked off her boots, fiddled with the fire for a moment and then flopped onto the rough mattress. Exhaustion settling it, she tucked her arms behind her head and quickly fell asleep.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 784
Words: 638057
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Endrykas
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Movin' On Up, to the East Side.

Postby Shakune on August 18th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Grades Are Up!!!!

Firenze :
Skills
Endurance +1
Planning +2
Observation +4
Philosophy +1
Interrogation +1
Rhetoric +3
Negotiation +1

Lores
The desire for a new home
The welcoming heat of the Drunken Fish
Escaping a growing blizzard
Ale: a perfect winter warmer
Haunted by the past
Dor'gen threw my life into turmoil
Survival is making it to the end of the day
Interrogation: Bartering with coinage
Miriam: has grubby hands
A new home
Negotiation: It's not always possible to cut a deal

Other
-4CM for 1 mug of ale,
-2SM for 1 typical Sunberth quality (poor) meal
-3CM for a tip/bribe

I see you've already updated your ledger to account for your stay in the Drunken Fish, so thank you for that :)

If you have any question about your grade, please don't hesitate to PM me :)
Image
User avatar
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.
 
Posts: 352
Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests