[Syliras' OOC Thread] The Calm within the Storm

OOC Chatter and Mod Announcements here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Reflection on September 13th, 2016, 4:25 pm

FYI

1 - I'm going to be working on clearing out the grade queue soon and getting it up to snuff.

2 - I'll also be doing some reorganizing of the main page. I'm not changing things for Syliras, just organizing to make it easier to find things. If there are any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them, considering you all are going to be the ones effected by the change.

3 - I'm working on cleaning up the Wages/Jobs and Seasonal Experience with the aide of Prophet.

Needless to say Syliras is getting a proverbial mop and broom.

Total sidenote... I had a couple thoughts I wanted to share. Knights! So the city is generally centered around the knighthood, I want to figure out what would make the Knighthood more appealing to move onward and upward, albeit with anything it does require time and effort. I'd love to see Knights building keeps or housing (or anyone for that matter), I also want to see Squires completing their Knighthood Quest. I've asked the aide of fellow STs who have generously stepped up to make this process of the Knighting Quests slightly smoother. I would really enjoy feedback from anyone on what they would like to see around the city, being developed, what is useful/what isn't.

Thanks guys!
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on September 13th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Hwyn
So, I'm not a knight, in fact my pc's not even Syliran, but I'd like to add something I thought would be an interesting thing to add to the city, the relationship between the order and the orphanage. I mean, I feel like the order should have a good relationship with the orphanage, as someone who might want to prolong the vitality of the order a fresh batch of possible recruits from the orphanage seems like a great idea, sending a few squires down every season to show off for the kids or something. Anyways I think just seeing the younger knights involving themselves with the populace in such ways that reminds the people that they aren't just knights but people too seems fun.

Eh, anyway those are my two cents and something I'd like to see.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 13th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Hwyn- There is a Knight who commonly visits the orphanage. I can't recall his name at the moment, but I wouldn't mind seeing some motivation take place at the Orphanage either. :)

I'd like to see some more training threads that involve the squires/knights of the Order. Like a formal style of training? That's what I could think of... I'll get back to you with more. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on September 14th, 2016, 5:27 am

More outposts? Multiple checkpoints before the main gates of the city to avoid the incident a few falls back.

Side note: Refy, Nightmare left the quest 2 falls ago, if you find some free time, do you mind posting for it?
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on September 14th, 2016, 5:29 am

The knights put the children of squires in the orphanage since they don't have wages, so they have some prospects I think.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Reflection on September 14th, 2016, 10:14 pm

FYI

Grading queue is cleaned up (we were at 16-17 and now we're down to page 10!) and the Wages/Seasonal Exp/Job Request is in process.

Just wanted to mention a few things; If you are a Grader and you've been helping tackle the massive queue in Syliras, Thank You. It's a lot of work grading and I wanted to let all the Graders know that you're appreciated and you make my job that much easier. Couldn't do it without you!

Quick note to the Graders, make sure that you're checking CSs for Seasonal Expenses and that everything is up-to-date. Even squires need to note Seasonal Expenses at 0.

Also, make sure that you're checking if someone has posted a placeholder or not on a thread. I've noticed there were some threads that were skipped, not sure if it was on accident or not. I understand that there are a lot of threads in queue and with it constantly rotating it can be hard to keep track just make sure you're doing due diligence so that people who've been waiting don't get missed.

Players, if a CS is hard to read or the Ledger is not easy to find then I do NOT expect a Grader to give you grades. In fact, if you are a Grader and you can't read someones CS due to font, color, etc, let the player know you're having difficulty doing your job with a placeholder on their thread stating they need to correct any issues. With that, you'll need to give them their grade once it's corrected and/or cleared up.

Another thing, if you're putting in for grades and a Grader takes care of your thread PLEASE note on the post in the queue that it has been graded.

Last thing, when you post up a request for a grade you need to make sure that you're posting it up with the proper format. It's in the very first post. Nightmare even made an easy way to copy the format. Use it.

Thanks!

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Office
Plotnotes

Postby Reflection on September 15th, 2016, 9:20 pm

So I had hoped I would never have to do this...

IF YOU JUST REGISTERED OR ARE VISITING YOU HAVE TO POST AT THE GATES BEFORE POSTING IN THE CITY.

If I find that you are visiting and not doing this you'll be getting a nice reminder from me. :)

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Office
Plotnotes

Postby Reflection on September 19th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Hail!

I wanted to send a friendly reminder to all the graders that are grading in Syliras.

Don't skip.

It's been noticed that some people are being skipped over. If a person requested a grade and their CS shows that they paid expenses during the season they requested then they are eligible for a grade. Skipping can be considered throwing in a 'your grade is on hold'.

For example, Bob put in a grade request in Fall of 515, his expenses we're paid in Fall 515, however Bob was absent for Spring 516 and then came back and it's currently Summer 516.

Bob IS entitled to his wages because he paid his expenses and was current at the time the grade was requested.

Also, if you are withholding grades and a person contacts you for the grade and they're up to date, give them the grade.

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Office
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 14th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Hey all, anyone interested in working on some of the seasonal challenges, we have enough time left, let me know thanks!

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 29th, 2016, 2:21 am

After a long agonizing wait of working up a character history for Ferrin, I think I have finally created it. Honestly it took me a shorter amount of time than I had thought it would have. It's probably one of the most efficient history than any of my other alts. Ha ha, no probably not but it's a good one. :)

It took me so long to think about it though and i feel so relieved thst I got it off my chest. Now to worry about everything else in his s that's all Jumbod up. XD

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes