Closed An Awkward Meeting(Markus)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

An Awkward Meeting(Markus)

Postby S'Essy on February 28th, 2015, 6:57 pm

57th Winter, AV 514

This was a troubling matter, indeed a troubling matter. She didn't know what to do with this and her lover just arrived home. It was late afternoon and she was holding that piece of paper tightly and kept reading it but still S'Essy had no idea. She got that letter the day before from a hooded man who visited her for healing. He never showed his face and just before he left, he gave it to her. No name... And what if that was a trick?

Although what was even more confusing that it was written in Kontinese. That person knew how to write in Kontinese. If he wrote it and not kidnapped one of her kind to do that. But she doubted that possibility. She was walking around and then decided to read it for Markus too, but she had to translate it into Common so he could understand too. "So this is what the letters says:

Dear Healer, S'Essy

This might be very strange for you and possibly you don't trust me but please at least think about it. You might not know me but I do. I'd like to say I know you very much so but that would be a lie.

So I like telling stories and I like hearing them. Hope you do too and that didn't change since we've met. What if I say I have a tale to tell you, something which you wanna hear, something you want to know? I'd like to also hear some of your tales, you have many which you can share with me I'm sure. I promise I won't do any harm.

So tomorrow night, at The Pig's Foot Tavern I'll be waiting for you to meet privately. Not the best place, but this city has no safe place. Come there if you're curious, if not I'll leave you alone. You'll find me easily.

Yours faithfully,
An old traveler

My translation is not the best but that it was written in Kontinese is strange. And he claims he knows me which is even more creepy. "

She said with a worried face and she took down the letter to the bed. She was thinking hard and would be happy to hear her lover's suggestion. To tell the truth she was curious but this was dangerous. "What should I do, my love? It made me curious but you know this city and my situation." She looked at him for help, not much else she could do.
Last edited by S'Essy on March 7th, 2015, 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on February 28th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Kvist had not been entirely fond when he saw that a letter had been addressed to S'Essy directly. Nor the fact that it had been written in a language he himself could not understand. All the more reason to learn Kontinese... He thought to himself, he had considered learning the language - he had had an opportunity on Mura to learn the basics of the language, but that chance had passed him by and now he sat here waiting for S'Essy to translate the letter she had received. He had tried to find a place to sit, but had only sat for a moment before his restlessness had gotten him back to his feet again and he walked to the window and stared outside at the darkening sky and sea. Rapidly descending Syna was somewhere on the other side of the building, far out of sight, so her rays had their trouble illuminating the sea. His hands gripped the window sill tightly as he listened to S'Essy translate the letter.

The entire letter seemed off, perhaps because S'Essy was not fluent in common yet, so there was bound to be some mistakes, but over all he understood it. A meeting. Between S'Essy and this stranger. Something had been off about the entire letter and finally it dawned on him - in relation to his own inability to understand Kontinese - why had he written it in Kontinese? Why did he know the language? Only one way to figure that out and Kvist wasn't fond of that idea. The two had met before... It was time to question his lover.

"Do you know of any men who knows Kontinese? Men you've met before, naturally. Must be relatively rare outside of Mura - no wait before you answer that." Kvist turned to face his girlfriend as she sat on the bed. A much more pressing question presented itself. They could always guess at the identity later, something more important had to be discussed first. Kvist' back was against the cool window.

"Do you want to go meet him?" Kvist paused and presented the next bit as a question - except she probably knew he would come either way - "And do you want me to accompany you?" If not him, then he would be kicking in the door to Fallon and Web and have them trail her. Something the two were surprisingly adept at. But for now, he hoped she'd allow him to accompany him and avoid such extreme measures.

Last edited by Markus Andres on March 7th, 2015, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 7th, 2015, 7:37 pm

She was thinking about his question for a while. Any men she knew who would know Kontinese. She knew a few but none would make any sense. She could barely recognize that voice from the other day. It was somewhat familiar but she was sure she hadn't met that man before. S'Essy turned her head towards the wall, like it would contain any answer. She hoped it would but no man came to her mind who would know Kontinese and possibly be here. Or did she? This was very confusing and tiring at once.

And before she could even answer to her lover, he interrupted her with a more important question and that was another question she didn't really know the answer to. Did she really want this? Did it really matter to her at all? That man claimed that they knew each other... at least he knew her. She turned back to him then right away looked down at the ground. It was a simple question and she just didn't know how to answer that. She placed her hand on her belly. She was already showing signs of it. This was no laughing matter.

She didn't look up just yet, but she finally talked. "I.. don't know. I'm curious, I'm very curious but.. Yes, I wanna meet him. But this still creeps me out." She looked up finally at him then, and smiled at him. "Of course I want you to accompany me. If I'm going out, then I won't go out alone." She stood up and stepped to him. Grabbed his hand and placed on her stomach. "She is our responsibility after all." She placed a quick kiss on his lips before continue. "And I know men who knows Kontinese but none would make sense at all. Oh, my Sea Father what's this about?.. " She sighed and turned around. The Sun was quickly going down, the ocean was restless, the wind was blowing it."Let's rest, do what we have to, then get ready! "

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

It was dark already and surely really cold, she could hear the winds noise. Perfect. She already took on her white bandanna to hide her mark. It was strange, she didn't have to do that there since she was safe within the Quay's walls. Then the Konti braided her hair. She put on her cloak and her hood and she was ready for the journey. "Okay can you bring the money? I don't dare, not after I have been robbed. Luckily my thief fell and I caught him... Anyway let's go."

She was really impatient this time and wanted to hurry. When they were out of the streets, she grabbed his hand and hurried towards their pub. Her heart was about to jump out from her chest, which felt hard. She was also very serious and silent, didn't talk at all, only focusing on that mysterious person. And before she knew it, they arrived.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 7th, 2015, 10:16 pm

The knight could see the healer was split on the question. It was not only him who had reservations in regards to meeting this man. Kvist considered just saying they shouldn't go. But as he looked at S'Essy, her stay in Sunberth had been far from a vacation. They had been surrounded by suffering and violence. Kvist enjoyed the violence because he enjoyed fighting and he had learnt some new things since coming to the city. But for S'Essy... The less suffering and violence, the better. Kvist smiled when she agreed to letting him come with her and the smile grew warmer as she led his hand to her stomach. The growing stomach with his daughter. The kiss surprised him and he smiled like a silly fool and forgot about the danger ahead for a brief moment. How much he would like to just lie with her on the bed rather than going out tonight. She uttered some nonsense about sea-father, which he had come to know as Laviku - or her name for him. Although Kvist had a strained feeling about Laviku, he could not deny his lovers admiration and love for the great god.

"I see. Of course I'll come with you and we'll find out what this is about together..." He pulled her close to comfort her and to comfort himself. He hated the idea of S'Essy becoming a target for the gangs. A konti healer would be very valuable to any gang. Especially if they knew her oath to heal anyone regardless of their nature. "You should get some rest. I'll go see if Web is around and if she's heard anything." Kvist pecked her cheek and turned to leave the room to figure out if Web had any inkling that something was going on. Besides, he also had to inform Fallon that they wouldn't be around tonight, in case some gang decided to drop by and where they could find them in an emergency.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Kvist reentered their room and saw S'Essy had put a bandanna to hide her mark. Kvist was annoyed that she had to do something like that for safety. But he realized he never went outside, even when it had been summer, where his mark of Sylir had been exposed. A healer was valuable, a knight was an enemy of their lawless society - he was a target and to be killed, she was to be captured... He wasn't entirely sure which was worse... Probably both. Kvist moved in and started to get dressed for combat. Which meant gamberson and his chainmail. He considered the chest plate, but opted out. It would be great in combat, but it would draw attention to him and someone his size already drew attention. A breastplate however, he felt, was deliberately trying to draw trouble to himself.

He strapped the belt with the peacekeeper on the left and the dagger on the right. He also chose not to bring his shield. Another thing that just drew attention to one and the idea that one was out to fight.

"Of course." He replied simply as he emptied his pouch of most of the gold. He wasn't sure how much was needed. Five gold. A minor fortune for these people, for him it was a trivial amount. He was always surprised by how wealthy he actually was. He should probably donate it to the poor or something similar. But spending it in Sunberth was to throw it into the void and in the end probably end up supporting their only real industry - slavery.

Kvist found his cloak and put it on and as they made it through the streets, holding hands. It was cold out, but he didn't bother with it as he was led to the Foot. Soon they were right before it. "Wait a moment, I'll check it out." Kvist stepped through. It took a moment for his eyes to get used to the lighter inside of the Foot. Looking around for groups of people. Single or duos he could handle. But larger than that and he would be worried. He looked at the people, some looked at the large guy who had just stepped through the door. He gently pulled S'Essy inside when he felt safe. There had been a lone guy who had looked at him with disappointment in the back. Some others had looked at him curiously. Others ignored him completely as they continued their conversation.

"Anyone you recognize?" Kvist said over his shoulder at the smaller frame with him.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 8th, 2015, 10:43 am

She was about to enter to the Pub and her chest felt harder by the ticks. But before she opened the door, Markus wanted to go in first to check it for them. She was waiting quite a bit before he gently pulled S'Essy inside too. She looked around and she already knew she wouldn't like that place at all. Not the friendliest people and if it weren't for the meeting she would run away from that place. But she couldn't but a quick shiver went through the Konti's spine. She was holding her lover's hand tighter, squeezing it even more.

His question brought back to her to the reason why were they even here in the first place. She was looking around, scanning the people. "Just give me a moment." She said silently, and turning her heads everywhere. Just duos she could see and some solo but they were not him. Maybe this was all a set up? Or just a joke and he didn't come, just wanted to mess with her a bit. Would be so immature but that moment she spotted a man who was staring at them.

His hood was not on and she could see his features. His hair was grey and in that light, she could see that his hair was shimmering in dark blue a bit. And his eyes, that was the most curious one. His eye's color were changing. Blue, red, yellow and sometimes they were mixed. Her heart beats were faster, and the hard feeling in her chest just became worse. A Vantha... those eyes showed that much.

"There... him. It's him.." She said weakly, and her whole body felt weak. She let her lover's hand go and went to that table and sat down. The Vantha just showed a little smile, looked at the both of them. His eyes were still a mix of blue, red and yellow colors. "So you have come and not alone. Is he your boyfriend? He was speaking in Kontinese very well. S'Essy's face serious still though as she took off her hood. She answered in the same language. "I appreciate that you try to talk to us.. well more like to me in Kontinese but we have another person who wouldn't understand us, and it would be really rude from us. " The Vantha just shrugged and his eyes lost the color of red, only yellow and blue. It was still so strange for S'Essy to see.

The Vantha speak again but in Common this time. "So you haven't taught him that huh? Or he didn't want? Strange. Probably it was easier for me since I lived a long time in the Konti Isle." Her eyes wandered to Markus then back to that man. She just couldn't concentrate on her lover this time. "So his name is Kvist. And as you said, he is my lover." The Vantha still had the confident smile and was nodding. He was right, he didn't seem surprised by that fact. "I see, interesting one. He is the father of your child then?" S'Essy slowly nodded.

The Vantha even let out a chuckle and turned to Markus."So what do you think of them? The Konti I mean. Pretty, aren't they?" And after Kvist's answer he would turn back to S'Essy. "How long has it been? You have grown so much. I don--" Her emotions so built up, she interrupted him in the middle of the sentence. Her voice was demanding. "Who are you? I don't know you, or.. I'm not sure. Why did you want to meet with me?" The old Vantha became serious this time, his eyes were pure yellow and he let out a sigh. "You are so impatient, just like me sometimes. I thought we could share some stories before that. But we can do it after. Let me give you a hint, maybe you still remember this." And the man started to humming a melody. S'Essy was listening to it and everything was clear but it was too unbelievable. Her eyes widened, she stopped breathing for a moment and her chest didn't feel hard anymore. No, it felt like somebody stabbed through her. Without thinking, she was humming the same melody with him.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 15th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Without pulling the peacekeeper and forcing every single occupant in the place, Kvist had found himself one of the safer placer for himself and - more importantly- his girlfiend's safety. Always he found himself in the midst of a dangerous situation - and those he attempted to defend wanted to be in the midst of the situation... How did he best defend them then? Her hand held him tight and he knew that within a moment he could pull her behind him and the first fool that dared get beyond him would be dead. The next moment the peacekeeper would be halfway clear of the scabbard - Fallon's gift would only have started working then ... By then it would have drawn blood from too many enemies ... Kvist reigned in his fantasy and allowed the truth to transpire as it happened. They both scanned the room. He heard her voice and he looked in the direction... But her hand slipped free of his- he grimaced as she distanced herself in the direction of a table.

Kvist made no mistake, he followed her without hesitation. She had let him go so easily when she went to the table. Kvist followed. Dragged a nearby chair to their table. Kvist sent a chilling look in the direction of those at the table. The chair groaned under the weight of Kvist - He didn't bother as the man seemed to engage his love in conversation. He didn't understand the words spoken - he was ready for that - anyone writing letters in Konti, also spoke the darn language. Kvist felt the irrational anger settle over him as he sat down. Colours surprised him... Vantha eyes. They shifted in colours. The gibberish of the stranger was met with gibberish from S'Essy. He wanted to clear his throat loudly and point to the fact that he didn't understand them. The stranger spoke in common before Kvist had the chance to point out they were speaking gibberish. But it sounded condescending in nature. As if he was a moron for not having learnt Kontinese. S'Essy was quite frank about the relationship between him and her, even to this stranger, Kvist glanced in her direction curiously. Other people might have used the more neutral connotation of boyfriend. But it was alright, it was only the truth. What a strange question the man posed. Was he checking if Kvist liked an entire race? Kvist shrugged in response.

"Yea, they're kind of awesome." The answer was short and to the point. He wasn't going to discuss the merits of Konti with strangers. Especially not someone who was as creepy as this fellow. It seemed S'Essy felt the same way when she interrupted the man. Rarely did he hear S'Essy be this demanding in tone of voice. The voice was similar to when she asked him not to refer their child as a fish. But then something that was beyond Kvist happened. The man began to hum... Kvist stared at him. Why was he humming? But what took him even further aback was when S'Essy began to hum the exact same tune. Kvist stared a little slack jawed. What in the name of Eyris was going on? He wished the goddess would bless him with clarification. For very long moments he looked between the two. Magic? Hypnosis?

"For those of us who don't hum fluently, what the petch is going on?"

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 15th, 2015, 6:22 pm

The familiar tune, she couldn't mistake it. The same song, Aoren showed her when he used his gnosis. A chill went through her spine, this was all confusing for her. The world ceased to exist around her while humming with him. His eyes turned back to blue and a smile appeared on his face. The humming was interrupted by Markus who didn't really take well that he didn't know anything. His tone was just as demanding as hers. They stopped and both of them turned to him. S'Essy didn't smile nor looked angry. Her face didn't show any emotion in fact. Though she didn't get him. She wanted to answer his question but she couldn't.

She turned back to the table and looked at the Vantha. She knew what the petch was going on. But at the same time, she just didn't know anything. The Vantha's eyes had a little red in them while staring at Kvist. "What, are you with ghosts? Us? And why are you so demanding? I only invited her...but in this city you can hardly move around freely." His eyes moved to the Konti who was still silent, let out a sigh. "Yeah it is for the best that you came with her, although it is still none of your business. But I'll tell you. She is the blood of my blood, my daughter."

She still felt that knife inside her chest, now it was twisting in her. So she was right about it. It was him, her father. Words still didn't come out from her. Instead the many questions built up in her. Then she finally got the strength to open her mouth but only one question came out. "Why..?" He turned to her. "Hmm?" She took a deep breath and started it over, and this time, everything came out. "Why now? How come you just come here to meet me NOW? Why do you care how I am? Why? Why were you absent from my life? Why? You think I will be so happy to see you daddy? Well I'm NOT! I don't even know your name! Or anything really."

He raised his eyebrows like he was innocent about this and these questions would be so surprising. "Calm down, girl! Can't I be curious about you? I hoped you would be curious about me too. Let me answer your questions in order." He drank from his ale and started it. "As I said, I'm care because I'm curious about you. I was absent because... That's a longer story. And no I didn't think you would be happy about it." She calmed herself down, she looked around and raising her voice didn't do any good. Some paid attention to the table. Probably Markus' presence was which saved her.. for now.

"So what is that longer story? What happened? A seer looked back in my past, because I was curious about you. He told me you were cradling me, humming this tune." Another slight smile appeared on his face. "Well then. I promised you sharing a tale. I'm Niloc Snowsong, 58 years old, a Vantha from Avanthal. Since I was young, I wanted to travel. Gather stories, get inspiration, get experience. It was only fitting to see the Konti Isle. Beautiful... peaceful... and the Konti. That's where I - of course - met her. We started to date together, I was in total love. Such beauty. And then a child, you, of course I remained there, it was all perfect. But then very quickly, after you have been born we had to realize we want different things."

S'Essy was imagining all of these which he was telling. "I wanted to continue my journey, couldn't stay in one place and I offered her to come with me, to bring you along and see the world. But she didn't want to, said she had to stay there. We agreed it would be the best for you to stay there, she told me, that you often grow up without fathers and it's natural. It seems you are not one of them." She shook her head. "Look, you can't blame me or your mother. It just didn't work out, my child. I wanted to bring you once to Avanthal though, but I thought you would also like to stay there. You should still go there in your life sometime. Cold yes, but lively too."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 22nd, 2015, 5:00 pm

Kvist's emerald eyes settled on the man as he lost his temper and retorted to Kvist in a manner the knight found quite disrespectful and it was only because S'Essy hated violence that Kvist had not yet broken the table in two and beaten him to within an inch of his life with the table. The way he spoke didn't make Kvist any more inclined to care about what he was saying. Everything about his manners and approach made the knight annoyed. Even when he revealed who he was, Kvist's primary concern was S'Essy and eyes settled on her. She must've known already - or else she would not have hummed that tune in response... Was she okay with this? He knew she had ... issues concerning being abandoned by her father. Taken Laviku as a replacement father. The plead he had seen in her eyes the evening he had promised he would be there for their daughter. He was worried about her, they didn't need this right now. Didn't need to have old wounds torn open by an absentee father suddenly returning. Especially one that, thus far, seemed like a complete douche and selfish shyke. Kvist had always had a feeling that S'Essy wanted to know her father - despite having chosen the god of the sea as her absentee father. He only hoped he could talk some sense into this situation, for the father seemed like the wrong kind of person to allow into your life. The knight looked at the douche of a father before S'Essy exploded in words. Kvist was a little in awe at her anger. It was quite rare. He reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. Support the pregnant woman.

Kvist didn't like the man, even if he was S'Essy's father, he wouldn't tolerate people talking to S'Essy in that manner. But in this regard it served in his favour that he was her father, for had he been any random stranger who had spoken to S'Essy in that manner Kvist would have broken his nose. S'Essy asked him questions and Kvist was actually very curious about the answer to that question. What led a man to leave his daughter behind so easily. His own father had done it- which skewed his opinion hostile to the man immediately. He answered. Told them his story. Kvist merely glared at the selfish man. For him it all boiled down to a simple fact: This guy, Niloc, was simply egoistically. Did not know a single thing about duty. Becoming a father ones life changes. Simple as that and he chose to walk out on that responsibility. For thirty-four years, he has been silent. Gone from her life. Which made Kvist wonder why he was back... To truly reunite with his daughter? Or because he needed help? Kvist would not be surprised if it was the latter.

"... How unbelievably selfish of you." Kvist spoke with a sharp edge to his tone. "Was not done travelling yet, what a weak excuse for leaving your daughter behind." Kvist looked to S'Essy and voice a little softer, for his anger was not directed at her. "I wouldn't bother getting to know this man, he is not your father. Nor is he worth the effort and I... frankly, don't want him to be a part of my daughter's life. At all." Kvist was being harsh, but a man whose credentials was leaving behind S'Essy for travelling, deserved such a treatment.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 23rd, 2015, 3:57 pm

She was listening to his story and with that her anger became less and less intense to the point that it didn't exist anymore. It just didn't quite work out for them. Two different worlds. She could imagine every moment of it. The Konti Isle, her mother and younger looking father. Her mother being old-fashioned as she always was and her father who wanted to go on beyond Mura, like herself. Could she blame him? No. Could she judge him? She didn't allow herself to judge anyone. Hardest thing ever but she tried to keep herself to that discipline.

A little bit silence and she was ready to open her mouth when Kvist interrupted her. She turned her head over to him but Niloc didn't even paid attention, he closed his eyes and ignored her lover completely. She had to admit, he was really irritated by him more than she was. And irrationally angry too. But she understood Markus too. Though she still had to do make her lover realize this was not his fight... and it wasn't fight at all. "Mar-- Kvist!" She yelled at him. "I appreciate that you are being very protective, I really do. But you're being irrational. My mother is not the most... adventurous person in the world."

The Vantha let out a chuckle, still not paying attention to her lover. "I bet she didn't let you go easily either." S'Essy let out a slight smile and turned back to Niloc. "No, she really didn't. But it's her Call, she needed to stay there and she understood that my Calling was something different." Then her eyes wandered back to her lover and let out a sigh. "He is not selfish. Many of us grow up fine without a father. We are two different race... it's not easy. And it's better this way." The Vantha opened his eyes, looked at his daughter.

"I know that you are away since I met her." S'Essy's smile vanished and her eyes widened. He visited Mura again. He would have come back to visit them... she was just not there. "After many years, I got the courage. It was unfortunate you were not there, but you are my blood. " The Konti wanted to visit Mura for a bit too. "We had a nice little talk. She is alright, she misses you and hopes to see you again sometime. Oh yes! She had found somebody. An... Those big, dark skinned man. You know they are an all men race."

S'Essy chuckled this time. "Akalak? Mother found herself an Akalak, eh? How amusing." He didn't quite get it, but he was smiling at her brightly. "Yes, Akalak. I don't know them that well. You have two brothers too now." The Konti felt the flow of emotions going through her. Tears were going down on her cheek, she was wiping them. This was just so much, but she wasn't sad. "Two brothers, that means I have at least four of them." The Vantha just raised his eyebrows, he was confused. Seeing that S'Essy quickly explained. "Akalaks have... two personalities, these personalities are also have different names. You might talk to an Akalak and the next day you might find yourself talking to a different person in the same body." He was just nodding, while still thinking. "That explains his mood changes when I met him. One moment he was joking with me, then he was very serious and formal."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 29th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Kvist was taken aback by the blatant disrespect from this piece of shyke. Didn't even bother to respond at all. That Kvist could handle, somewhat, but what he had a hard timer swallowing was the sudden and unforeseen assault from S'Essy. The knight stared at his lover like she was a stranger he had never seen before in his life. What in the name of Sylir was going on? Was S'Essy so happy to finally have a dad in her life that she didn't care about the years of not having him around? Accepting a weak excuse as 'I wanted to travel' as a legitimate reason to leave behind your daughter? For several long ticks that seemed to snail on in his mind he simply stared at S'Essy. Couldn't really take his eyes away from her. Off in the distance there was a chuckle, not one belonging to a female, and much too close to be from any of the other tables ... The jerk was actually chuckling. Kvist's lips turned into a thin line and he leant back. He was not about to punch her father in the face. Nor was he going to get into an argument in the tavern surrounded by moronic citizens. Kvist didn't bother to look in the direction of the man as he spoke. Kvist had found a single spot on the far wall where he could keep his focus and not be bothered about this entire situation. S'Essy had already discounted his advice, so he would let her handle this on her own.

Or so he thought.

The male voiced was replaced by a female voice. Talking of their racial calls and that her mother's place had been on Mura. If that had been her place. Like Kvist's place was in Syliras, not in this gods-forsaken city full of criminals. He could think of a worse fate than being stuck on Mura. He could see her indigo eyes look at him out the corner of his eyes, when she mentioned her call. Him. Much different from her mother's at least. There was a sigh - a sigh that he didn't understand at all. But didn't want to comment on. Kvist heard her words. Couldn't believe them for the longest time. Forgetting himself he tore his gaze away from the wall and upon his lover. What? Was the singular thought. A joke? No. Not about something like that. He felt hurt at that simple statement. Something he had never thought she'd say.

Better this way? Better this petching way?

Kvist had felt this wounded wrath for S'Essy only once before. He had felt a similar wrath once since the first time. Hands hit the table ... harder than he had intended. A sneer on his face as he rose. Kvist was a large man and he rose in a single swift motion. The chair slid across the ground, somehow managing to remain standing. Eyes, wary of potential danger looked at him from around the room. He glared at his lover. Ignored. Berated. Lectured... And finally she hit a soft spot. Without a word on his lips as he glared. He couldn't leave. Couldn't let her stay behind in this shykehole... Better this way? Eyes switched to the bar. Preferable than listen to the bullshyke.

"Rea-... petch this." He needed a drink. The knight walked away from the table and found a new seat by the bar. Tried to get the attention of the barkeep. "Whatever you got, two of those." Fished out the appropriate coins and turned them over to the barkeep. If Sunberth had taught him anything, it was the value of things. Not because he particularly cared about their value, but because paying way over the regular price, like he often did, caught the attention of greedy and shady men. Which was what he needed the least right now. He turned over a silver coin for the two mugs of alcohol. Soon the ale stood before him. He downed the first in three gulps - seemed it was ale he had bought. He could've done worse, but surprisingly, he found himself wanting something stronger to burn away the wrath.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Next