[Group Plotnotes] The Numerous Musketeers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Nivel on March 21st, 2015, 6:02 pm

So I guess I'm going to finally make my post here.
oh yay hidden quest hints :P fun.

Should we start posting some of our goals and duties while were on the ship?
I already talked about it in pm but Nivel would like to be the head look out, the cook's assistant, the assistant house cat (rat destroyer) and assistant mage

Now that Isolde is here we have a much better Reimancer who should be able to desalt the sea water with her earth magic among other things) Although I forgot my patron is here so theres another Reimancer for you.
Nivel can be the autistics mage, analyze things to see if they're free of poison, give people check ups, and just generally sense things others can't see etc.

My goals for Nivel while on the ship:
She'll be working on flux, shielding and Reimancy magic as well as riding (but thats easy Nivel will be riding on Patcha a lot I think)

I want Nivel to learn the ways of the cat, learn how to cook, learn more herbology and beat up all the the knight and squire pc's (no one will be spared :P)
She'll probably try to do somethings without stretching or shifting her form as part of her training.

After the storm on the 17th Nivel will become water logged and will be expelling water in tiny explosions (sort of like sneezes or hick ups)

If anyone wants to try sculpting, Nivel will be totally fine with you playing with her food supply. I'm not sure the exact amount of food Nivel eats but I figure a few pounds of clay would be good enough. She is only 4 inches tall and only has to eat once a week so I imagine she wouldn't need much.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on March 21st, 2015, 6:04 pm

You have to remember that we will not be passengers. The ship will most likely have crew for all the fun jobs. We will be doing manual work. Ropes. Mops. Soap. Weapons.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nivel on March 21st, 2015, 6:18 pm

oh okay I guess making Nivel the head look out was a bit to much...can she be the parrot of the guy who is the look out?

I imagine they don't have many mages on the ship since they are supposed to be rare so a reimancer is pretty needed even if they already have one.

I probably won't need to be the "Auristics mage" on the ship I'll just use it to be a better look out. I wouldn't want to stretch Nivel to far with jobs, Plus I'm not sure how many jobs there would be for a aurist.

I doubt they have cats. So I think the kitty kelvic's job is pretty secure.

others can probably swab the deck, gut fish, polish weapons or other un fun jobs.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on March 21st, 2015, 6:19 pm

Isolde's goals... work on her morphing, maybe reimancy if it's not too dangerous (Hmm... was just thinking, Isolde is a wind reimancer, I don't know how difficult it would be but I think she should be able to keep winds on the sails for a little while if they required it; she'd have to be careful not to overgive, though. I don't know how long she could keep up a wind purely on her own, but it would be easy for her to 'supplement' a natural wind to lend them more speed).

If Nivel would like to teach her some auristics or shielding that would be cool, and also if you wanted a partner for herbology she's game as well. Also the sculpting thing! (So many things to do...)

If anyone knows any medicine, Isolde would like to learn. And she could clean/mop if the crew requires it of her, and would be willing to work on practically any other job they require from her (though more physical things might be difficult for her). If they need her to, she could definitely do the filtering water thing if that works with earth reimancy as Nivel suggested, though she's never tried it before. Good practice, though, and I'm sure she could learn how to do it.

Question: I assume they're not bringing horses, right? Nivel's remark on riding reminded me to ask.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Aventis on March 21st, 2015, 6:36 pm

We are not bringing horses, no.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on March 21st, 2015, 6:45 pm

I cook things.

Beyond that though, we'll see where my medicine skills are by the end of the season. I might be able to assist the actual ship's doctor as well, assuming the ship has a doctor. Don't know any of the magics yet, so I can't help you there but if my spiritism gets approved I might be experimenting with creating soulmist and what types of food and whatnot can go into it. If anyone knows meditation I would love for Orin to pick up a few points in that.

As to herbs, I can do that too. And if the crew wants to teach me how fishing on a ship works I can swing that as well. And sparring in the free time is a must. I want Orin to get some dual-wielding in and hopefully I'll be at 30 or close to it in daggers by the time we set sail. As far as I can tell, the actual cooking I can do is minimal since the sea has to be calm or else we run the risk of starting a fire, so mostly I'll be maintaining supplies and handing out dried rations. I've mentioned it before but we don't actually need filtered water unless we want it for some reason. Orin knows how to make grog which is what pretty much everyone who needs to drink will be drinking.

Also, it might be a good time for Orin to start fooling around with trying to make flavored clay for Nivel. Or Pycons in general. Especially since I want to get that annoying philtering skill up.

Also Nivel, maybe you could introduce me to Auristics? We'll need ST approval for that though. There's a fun tidbit about how it can tell you when food is done cooking. Which, no one should be surprised that I want.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on March 21st, 2015, 7:12 pm

Maybe I won't ride Patcha so it's fair...I was like hey maybe you could rent horses once we get to abura...but I doubt they would they have horses. Maybe I just won't bring Patcha and just do a lot of riding threads with her in spring before she has to leave to sort out her family issues or what ever. (I can't really afford her anyway)

Nivel would love to teach Isodole and Orin Auristics but probably not shielding since she sucks at it. Learning herbology together will be fun, don't know how it will be done on a ship though...since there won't be plants or many books available....well probably be limited to sharing what little knowledge we have on the subject.
Nivel is a mage so she knows a bit about meditation, and would probably get you to meditate anyway if she was ever to teach you magic.
...We need ST approval for that....Oh...I knew that....>__> (totally teaching ball and Arch with out getting approval....sending pm out now)
Nivel is really close with ball and Arch so thats my justification for feeling Nivel could teach them once she asked. Nivel would have to get to know you two a bit more before instructing you in the ways of the magic, especially orin who isn't a mage. Alhough as far as magic goes Auristics is probably the safest.

On the subject of flavouring clay I know I was like oh yah flavour it with fruit juice that's cool. Now I'm like..I don't think that would work, Pycons taste clay and other clay like things and they can be affected by caffeine and Alcohol but they can't taste anything thats not clay. I also don't want to smell like rotten fruit juice. I would focus on texture or maybe mixing tea with the clay.
Last edited by Nivel on March 21st, 2015, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on March 21st, 2015, 7:14 pm

Aventis would be interested in it after he's finished with Isolde's thread as well

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Asen on March 21st, 2015, 7:14 pm

I will be the Steve Erwin of Mizahar. Wrassle anything that looks dangerous. Full-grown Dhani? No problem. I'll wrestle it. Granodile? That one's a beaut. Massive sea monster? I'M GONNA WRASSLE IT.

But really, Asen's just tagging along for the ride. She might try to weasel some cooking lessons out of Orin, and learn how to fish. Definitely going to want to get her unarmed combat/wrestling up, too. And bodybuilding.

And lots of pain.
Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on March 21st, 2015, 7:28 pm

No st approval needed to teach magic.. you just have to live with over giving, and you'll need to get your licence when we go back to Syliras. Auristics isn't a very dangerous magic and doesn't have an elaborate initiation so it's no biggy. But I don't want to teach like everyone magic...you'll need to have a good reason for learning it and Nivel will have to get to know you pretty well before teaching you.

Edit: Nevermind I'm pming Nightmare.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes