Closed Inner Coil (Xen)

Seasonal Event

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Traverse on March 19th, 2015, 8:53 pm

The Inner Coil
37th of Spring, 514 A.V.

It was difficult to avoid the rough structures and overall hardness of Zinrah's tunnel complex. Those with influence and wealth had it relatively easy obtaining comfort in the form of cushions, fabrics and other materials, but even so it was hard to cushion entire caverns. Despite the difficulty of the idea, the small collection of caves that made of up the location of the viper soiree that evening were surprisingly plush and dry. Silk and fine length of cloth hung everywhere, masking ones vision to only a few feet in front of them, and the rock had been carved into utterly smooth surfaces, easy to perch on regardless of what form you were in. The floor was covered in carpets, pillows, and other cloth perches if one wasn't comfortable upon the rocks. A pleasant murmur of music and voices, muffled by the many thin walls of fabric drifted out into the tunnels of the city, a dozen or so vipers mingling, drinking, eating and relaxing in the space.

Xen was tidying up at the end of the day in the Red Room. He had heard about the party of course, the surprisingly vipers only gathering that had enraged more than a few Constrictors of the nest, held by two intrepid Queens that had been born and raised in Zinrah, and quite determined to put themselves as high as they could, vipers or no. Of course, getting invited to one of these things was no easy feat, he had heard complaints from some of his customers, whines about how they hadn't received invitations and why they thought so.

Despite not having the tiniest expectation of one himself, as he was departing the cavern he glimpsed a stark white piece of parchment that stood out from the vibrant red walls and floor of the room. If he picked up the piece of paper it was blank on one side, but when flipped had a short note written quite neatly in Common:

Dearest Xen,

Your presence is requested in the upper floors at the humble gathering taking place in our quarters. We dearly hope to see you there,

Sincerely,

Shlasszareness, and Yuisslyissera

Two Constrictor Bouncers stood outside of the entrance to the small catacomb of tunnels, another insult to the Constrictors not allowed to attend the party, and if and when Xen Approached they would not stop him from entering. The first room, mostly free of drapery held several stone tables covered with tapir, deer, and tskanna meat, as well as a couple kegs of wine to partake in before entering the number of small passageways that would lead to the socializing vipers attending the party.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Xen on March 26th, 2015, 5:47 am

What? ” Xen was astonished by what he read!

This was unprecedented, unexpected at most.

However, as surprised as he was, Xen could not help but question why he was needed in the quarters of two queens. Did he do something wrong? Xen began to look around, his eyes moving to the left and then the right. No, he had not...to his knowledge. The life he currently maintained was peaceful and quiet; his tendency to be reclusive most of the time made it so. He was nobody of royal blood or greater and he was but, like the constrictors would say at times, a minor presence within the nest. Xen then places the index of his left hand onto his temple and looks at the piece of parchment again; he stares at it for a good period of time.

This has to be a joke, right? ” Xen thought as his gaze wanders to the two vacant massage benches to his left. “ Though, I don't have anything going on, ” He thought, his gaze wandering back to the parchment on the wall. Xen loved his job more than a party, it was soothing, relaxing, unlike a noisy party filled with people!

Anti-social?

I'd better go...two queens are inviting me to a party and not showing up would be a sign of disrespect, ” Xen thought

The least he wanted to do was rustle a queens garb and became a royal pain.
Although, Xen did decide to go, he had nothing fancy or elaborate to wear. All he had was a robe, which had lost its luster, and become a dull, ash black. Xen's been wearing and washing this robe for seasons. Thus, showing how much he cared for luxury. “ I'll go buy some clothes later ” Xen thought and that later meant 'some-seasons-later'.

Xen decides to slither over to one of the massage benches and places his robe onto it. He figures Kihlissorayls knew his scent by now, and hopefully, wouldn't throw it away, mistaking it for trash. Now, it was time to visit the den of the two queens. Xen slithers towards the exit of The Red Room and takes the invitation along with him, just in case.

After some epic slithering...

Xen was before a lavish cavern protected by two large guards. “ Nice, so a party is actually going on, ” He had doubted the words of his angry customers and even the invitation that he held within his grip. Xen had only three things to blame for this; life, the jungle, and himself. He slithers forward, passing the two stoic guards, and into a fine work of art called a cavern. The air was filled with both the fragrance of food and the scents of other viper dhani.

All Xen could do was stare in amazement

“”
“ ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Traverse on April 2nd, 2015, 5:43 pm

Though Xen could hear the noises of the party beyond the slightly shifting curtains and fabric, everything was muted, and for a chime or two, save for the bouncers outside he was alone to pore over the food and beverages at his leisure.

Dhani, even Vipers, had voracious appetites, however, so it didn't take long for a shadow to slowly form in one of the passageways and a muted grey, brown, and yellow patterned Viper to slowly emerge, a lazy smile on his or her face as they approached one of the displays of meat and rip a hunk off, swallowing it whole. They began to make their way over to one of the kegs when they noticed Xen, eyes focusing intently on him.

"A newcomer? Ahhh I have heard of you, the one who massagess. What iss your name again, ssir?" Xen could tell she was a female, by the smell, and her movements, but the word 'sir' had not a hint of condescension in it, perhaps because all who had been invited to this party were above reproach to one degree or another. She filled two elegantly wooden cups with wine and offered one to Xen if he would take it.

"My name is Ssalariss, I am a weaver. Come on, why don't we join the resst of the party?"

Regardless of whether Xen followed her or not, the somewhat inebriated viper would slither in a relaxed manner back the way she came disappearing into the various passageways. She would emerge in a large space than the entryway where half a dozen vipers were lounging talking, and drinking, two human slaves playing the lute and drums, a steady soothing, rhythmic tune to keep everyone relaxed. Just as int he first room, cushions and smooth rock surfaces were everywhere if one wished to sit. A couple eyes looked at Ssalaris and Xen if he were to enter, but everyone mostly seemed engaged in their own conversations.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Xen on April 11th, 2015, 12:37 am

“ ” “ ”

Xen stood in place for a few chimes and while motionless he lets his senses wander freely, so that he could obtain a better sense of the atmosphere around him. From what he felt, everything was calm and very festive. The place gave him an understanding of what a social gathering was like. Yet, despite the fact that he'd been invited to this special event, Xen felt nervous. This was his first time being in an event hosted by two queens. He still didn't know how to properly react to this. Does he go and thank the two queens personally?

Unlikely to happen, as if they'd let me approach two queens,” Xen thought. Although, he felt it would have been more honorable to thank the two queens for inviting him personally, Xen understood that he'd need a bit more influence and power before he could approach and converse with a queen. Especially, two of them. Xen sighs slightly to himself “ My presence being here is enough, probably,” He thought.

Then someone approaches him: a very pretty, female with grey, brown, and yellow patterned scales lining her body. “ Hello there~” Xen thought. “ My name isss Xen, nice to meet you, ” He says as he politely retrieves the cup of wine from Ssalariss. The scent of the beverage was the first thing that caught his attention, and afterwards, its red coloring.“ I haven't seen this kind of water... ” Xen thought as he timidly takes a sip of the beverage. “ I don't like it... ” Xen continued in his thoughts.

However, he does not openly reveal his dislike of the beverage, he just keeps it within his hands and follows Ssalariss, who was bringing him to some other place. Yet, Xen could not help but notice how surprisingly nice she was, while in the back of his mind being slightly wary of the drink she had just given him.“ It's a bit late to worry about that now, ” Xen thought as he follows her. In mere ticks, it seems, they were able to reach another room with other vipers. Xen nods once in the direction of his watchful kin, acknowledging them and their presences.

....., ” Then sight of the human slaves silences his thoughts. He did not particularly like the human slaves, or any kind of slave.

“ ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Traverse on April 14th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Ssalariss made a move to sit down on a cushion, only to turn and see Xen still standing, eyeing the slaves and everyone else in the room.

"Relax, and drink more of that wine, thisss iss a party after all.
She settled down elegantly on a cushion, drink perched delicately in her hand as she took a measured long sip from her own drink, then patted a cushion beside her, endeavoring Xen to sit with her.

"Many are quite ssurprissed about your invitation to thisss particular gathering. I think, however, they made the right choisse. You were not born here, yet you have made the sssity your own. That iss truly the way of a great Viper." She smiled and if Xen had taken a seat next to her, she placed one hand, leaving it to gently rest on his arm. "There are quite a few maless here, but I think you will be getting lotsss of attention tonight." She smiled, revealing brilliantly sharp teeth.

"I was born and raised here. Can you tell me if you would, a story from your home? How is it different from here?" Ssalariss leaned in. For the second time that night Xen was aware of the better treatment he was getting as a male. Rarely did a female ever give males much time to talk about themselves, or show much interest in their lives, but here Ssalariss was, taking another sip of wine and waiting attentively to anything he might say to her.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Xen on April 19th, 2015, 9:57 pm

“ ” “ ”

Xen turns his attention to Ssalariss, who had been keeping him company throughout these short chimes. Xen only noticed now, once he was able to observe her clearly, that his companion was slightly drunk. It was all this extravagance surrounding Xen that distracted him from seeing her full image. However, with his full attention now upon the female viper, he could see that she was quite beautiful. Xen blushed internally as to prevent his embarrassment from showing completely. He had never been in a situation like this: with the atmosphere so festive and an elegant female of his race taking her time with him.

When Ssalariss beckons him over to her, Xen slithers over to where she was resting; his distracted demeanor had changed, becoming shy. Although, he was always in the presence of the opposite sex, Xen didn't know how to react to Ssalariss's charm and composure; it was as though this was his first time being close to a female“ Ah, ” Xen looks down at the beverage within his hand and coils the tip of his tail to make a small loop.
I'm not enjoying the wine too much, ” Xen raises his head as he spoke; his eyes project an apologetic gaze in Ssalariss's direction.

He did not want to appear disrespectful to the young female, who had just become his delicate acquaintance. “ Sssorry, ” Xen continued after a short pause. “ I'm was quite surprised by the invitation, also, ” Xen smiles; though, not as vibrantly as Ssalariss. It was a timid smile, like one a child would display when they were complimented by someone they liked

>/////< ” Xen blushed slightly in response to Ssalariss's words and to the sensation of her light hand being place upon his arm.
Why Am I behaving like this? Get a hold of yourself, Xen! ” Xen tried to regain his calm and placid composure, but before a neat and finely behaved woman, like Ssalariss, he couldn't. There was a warm, bubbling sensation within his gut that prevented him from doing so, which turned his body into putty.

The region I came from had large mountains, and vast rocky plains, ” From his voice the love for Kalea appeared.
You could sssee all the ssstars above you as the sky wass alwayss clear. Especially, during the night, ” Memories of Alvadas began to surface as he spoke; cherished memories that, when recalled, brought forth feelings of comfort and peace. Xen missed his home city a great deal, but he could not make the journey back, until he was stronger.

“ ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Traverse on April 21st, 2015, 8:37 pm

Salariss nodded when Xen spoke about the wine. "It isss an acquired tasste, but much better than the sswill the Myriansss drink. I did not like it either at firsst, and sssweetened my wine with honey, we could find you sssome if you like?" She tilted her head to the side, running her hand up and down Xen's arm in a consoling manner.

A small trill of laughter escaped the Viper female's throat when Xen mentioned how he had not expected an invitation either. "There alwaysss sseem to be two kinds of male Dhani, thosse that think they desserve everything a female doess and more, and thosse that think they desserve nothing. You, Xen, are mosst certainly the latter, perhapsss that iss why the Queensss chosse you."

She listened attentively when Xen spoke about Kalea, waiting until he seemed to be finished, even if it was only a short description of his home region. "It iss sstrange to think of a big open ssky, I think I would feel...like I would fall into it without the treess there to sstop me." She laughed again. "I am ssorry, I musst ssound like quite the fool." She looked around. "I am ssure you can find company that iss less drunk on wine than me, or oness who are more sso if you'd prefer." she slowly removed her hand from Xen's arm, though her expression suggested she would prefer if he not leave. A couple Vipers had entered and left the room they were in, small groups like there's milled comfortably, some Dhani draped over one another, drinking or eating.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Xen on April 25th, 2015, 4:56 am

“ ” “ ”

“ Thiss iss enough; though, thank you, Sssalarisss ” He politely declined the drink.

Xen wanted to avoid intoxication as he did not trust his current self. Alcohol always brought forth the worst and the strangest parts of a persons being to the surface, and for Xen, who has come to sense that something was wrong with him, it was crucial for him to reject things that would inhibit his mind. He needed to continue being ¨stable¨, and act as the supporting foundation for his subconscious mind that was keeping the damning aspects of himself, lingering within him, at bay. Xen did not want to reveal the ugliness of a drunken and potentially deranged version of himself to Ssalariss, or to anyone.

Xen places his right hand onto Ssalariss's hand, gently, and looks at her.

“I'd would rather enjoy your company with a sssober mind, ” Xen replied with complete sang-froid. This was better than lying, but he hadn't said to Ssalariss that he did not want to drink at all to her directly. Xen didn't know why he uttered those words; it was only that he wanted to avoid terrible outcomes, which was him falling into drunkenness and wronging someone while in that state. Xen facepalms internally, knowing that he should have mentioned his choice to Ssalariss more openly.

.... Xen was frozen by Ssalariss's words, with the regret over his choice of words disappearing entirely. He was that type of male? “ Those possessing little strength cannot give anything to the nest,” Xen thought and has come to believe during his time in the nest. Xen only saw that he gave nothing, no contributions of any significant sort to the nest. Yet, what he saw was influenced by the doubt and worry within.

Though, if his work and dedication to The Red Room could talk, it would beg to differ.

“ You, Sssalarisss, and the queenss, are very perceptive, ” Xen sighs. He knew he was easy to read, which made him a bad liar and unable to conceal even the most basic things about his personality. “ To sssee ssso much... I don't know how to respond, ” Xen smiles gently and scratches the brown, ring pattern surrounding his neck with his index finger. He was a male of many words at times, but few in other moments. Especially, intimate moments, such as the one he currently shared with Ssalariss, which always brought out the bashful side of his nature.

“ That'sss weird. I thought the sky would fall onto you, not the other way around,” Xen narrows his eyes, and winks at Ssalariss. “ You're no fool! It just shows that you have a bit of humor, that'sss all.” , Xen smiles and laugh's, but not too loudly, as he did not want to disturbed the other party-goers. “ Sssalarisss, you have been fine company, why would I want to leave you? It would be dishonorable to do ssso, and you as you are does not bother me at all. ” he says positively. “ I... enjoy your company, ” Xen was embarrassed by his words.

Xen's eyes remained on his companion as he spoke, but his other senses continued to pick up on the activity around him.

“ ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Traverse on May 4th, 2015, 10:33 pm

The atmosphere, though charged with the main purpose the Vipers had assembled that evening, was rather serene, though perhaps not so much to Xen who was comparatively out of place to the other Dhani who were more used to this kind of life style. Salariss had the decency to do the closest thing a viper could to blushing at Xen's kind compliments.

"For sssomeone that doess not know how to resspond you do more than an apt job [b]Xen."[/b] She drew out his name in the full way that only a Dhani hiss could, and smiled. Her mouth parted in order to say something else when everyone's attention was drawn to a figure who had slithered through one of the elegantly curtained tunnels. Shlasszareness slid elegantly into the room in her Dhani form. As soon as she entered a hush fell upon all that were gathered. Her ruby red eyes calmly assessed the room's occupants, emerald body relaxing upon itself, an easy smile upon her face. Her presence and nature, despite being quite well known, was soothing. Though Xen did not know much of the Lesser Queen, he knew that she was not violent, not rude or condescending. She spread her arms and her smile widened.

"My friendss, and thosse I hope to make into friendss." She paused and glanced at a couple Dhani, Xen included. "If you care to take your drinkss, your mealss, and your beautiful companionsss..." She paused perfectly here to allow the light chuckles to circle the room. "We are collecting in the larger ante chamber for a bit of a show, I promisse the resst of the night will be yoursss to do with ass you pleasse." She smiled again, a secret one that produced a few more amused hisses, then before anyone else could rise, left as quickly and smoothly as she had arrived.

Salariss shook her head, a bit of wonder in her eyes. "Now that iss a Dhani Queen." She picked herself up and bowed politely to Xen. "Would you be sso kind ass to esscort me, Masster Xen?" The other vipers slowly began to file out through the tunnel, and Xen would be able to follow them without trouble into the ante chamber Zareness had mentioned.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inner Coil (Xen)

Postby Xen on May 11th, 2015, 11:38 pm

“ ” “ ”
“My heart... I can't endure this. I want to squeeze you! ” Xen thought upon seeing Salariss blush. He wanted to extend his arms and give her a hug! Though, he doesn't do so, believing that to be disrespectful and invasive of another's personal space. However, Xen's body and mind were conflicting with each other; one wanted to succumb to the moment and embrace Salariss, while the other rebelled against this. But, his instincts sides with his body, turning the tides against his mind. Xen leans towards Salariss, and just as he was about to embrace her, a peculiar voice captures his attention.

He looks in the direction the others were looking toward and notices a female viper smiling. She emitted a presence of authority, which Xen instantly realizes was great as so many of his talkative and busy kindred stopped what they were doing, fell silent, and paid close attention to her.
“ What a presence,” Xen thought as he tries to grasp an understanding of Shlasszareness's nature. She did not feel cruel, or malicious; her smile was genuine and her appearance neat. The way she spoke was pleasant also, Xen couldn't help but pay attention, and be captured by her charisma. However, since he was so entranced by her, he'd forgotten to thank her and could only watch as her emerald form slithers away from him.

“ Missed my chance! I'll have to try and catch her later to thank her,” Xen thought. The act of approaching a queen was quite bold, and probably would get him into trouble. But, if doing so did buy him some trouble at least he'd be able to say his thanks to Shlasszareness in gratitude and humbleness, like an honorable warrior should to any, and or, all who show him kindness, or mercy. Though quickly, Xen began to wonder what an ante chamber was and what show was going on there. If it was something he could participate in, he would definitely partake in it and use it to say his thanks to Shlasszareness.

A bold plan, but he'd have no regrets later.

“ Who wasss that? Her presence felt gentle and welcoming,” Xen asks Salariss as he slides his body from where he was lounging and stands. His instincts were picking up something, but he was too distracted to focus upon what that something was. “ Master Xen? ” Xen turns his eyes to the right; he was slightly embarrassed. “ Just Xen is good, no formalities here, ” He winks at Salariss, he was growing accustom to her presence.
“ Then let uss follow the others, Madame Ssalarisss,” He says teasingly as he places his beverage down where he sat before, and gently takes his companion by the hand. Xen then slithers with the crowd to the ante chamber, where the next experience of his life awaits.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes