Closed [The Rearing Stallion] Flirting and Firewater (Lorden Ladis)

The name says it all.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] Flirting and Firewater (Lorden Ladis)

Postby Asen on March 21st, 2015, 3:40 am

2nd of Spring, 515 AV
Evening, 8th Bell

Asen was sprawled out on a chair, limbs draped across the wood and the table in front of her. She was leaning the chair back on two legs, testing her balance and the stability of her seat. Twice she nearly fell, throwing her weight forwards to avoid a bruise on the back of her head.

It wasn't too loud, to be honest. The murmur of others' conversations gave the tavern a friendly atmosphere, and the iron will of the retired knight and his employees kept trouble to a minimum.

An untouched mug of beer sat on the table in front of the half-Dhani, creating a dark ring on the table. She moved the mug away so she can trace the ring of condensation, propping her head up on a fist.

I hope I didn't miss him. I en't late, I don't think. Am I? I think I'm actually early, for once, she thought, jabbing her finger into the liquid. The fist slid away from her face, thumping onto the wood. She rested her forehead on the table with a sigh.

"Lordeeeen," she groaned, "Where are you, I'm gettin' bored.

She sat back and crossed her ankles on top of the table again, tipping the chair onto its back legs again. One hand ran through her blonde curls, her thoughts travelling to earlier that day. She had to hide her face in her too-small jacket to keep from being embarassed.

Now that was... That was probably a stupid idea. Any moment now someone's gonna walk in 'ere and say, 'Asen, you're kick out o' the Order 'cause you kissed a knight!' Haha, lucky me. I'm such a petchin' idiot.

Ledger-2 SM for beer

|Speech| |Text|
Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 21st, 2015, 9:14 pm

2nd of Spring, 515 AV

Lorden's black-booted feet, slipped across the plank floor, that was underneath his feet, before coming to a stop somewhere in the middle of the warm, minimally crowded, torch-lit, tavern.

Now where was that Squire..., Lorden thought, as he ran his hand musingly across the top of the smooth oak surface, that made up the top of a nearby rounded table.

The knight trailed his icy eyes around the pub, swiveling his neck, as he did.

Brunet, black-hair...There's a blonde! The knight shot his eyes eagerly back to the woman that they had just dragged over, for a tick the man's calf flexed, as he almost took an eager step.

Lorden frowned, as he halted his back leg, and brought it back to slump disappointed behind his leading foot. The woman that he now stared at, had blonde hair that flowed freely, all the way to the bend of her lithe back... Asen's hair was considerably shorter.

The twenty-year old took a motivated breath. The knight refused to believe that the girl had stood him up, as he kept turning his head. There had been too much chemistry, at least from his own point of view.

It just couldn't be that the blonde, that was supposed to meet him here, hadn't shared his interest; could it? No... that couldn't be true, if it was, then the kiss she had given him would make no sense, barring her being a manipulative shyke.

Of course, Asen had seemed anything but manipulative, even through Lorden's own beating heart, and clouded mind, she had appeared genuine in her nature, to his eyes. In fact, the blonde's straightforwardness was one of the reasons, that he had even felt compelled to ask her to the tavern, that he now stood in, in the first place.

Lorden smiled, as the worry washed from his azure eyes, as the orbs came to set on a 'young' woman -that he knew to be much older than himself- as she leaned back in her chair. Gods, she almost looked bored... Well, the knight would have to fix that.

Lorden eagerly flexed his calf muscle once more, this time, he began an eager stride over to the table, that Asen sat alone at. The knight attempted to look as confident in his manner as possible, as he crossed the wood planks, of the Rearing Stallion's floor.

"I hope I didn't keep ya' waiting," Lorden said coyly, and with a smile, as he wrapped his hands around the chair, that was across from his date.

Lorden sat himself in the open seat, and slid up to the table, as he looked up from Asen for a tick. The knight didn't leave his date's gaze for long, however, for as the man's eyes caught sight of the apron-wearing form, that he was looking for, the man casually lifted his left arm, and slowly turned his gaze back to the blond.

"The night find ya' well?" the knight said a bit more stiffly; as the man talked, he used his raised hand, to signal to the waitress that he had picked out, that she should make her way to his table when she had the time.

Taking a breath, Lorden lowered his non-dominant arm, to rest on his thigh, as he starred eagerly into Asen's own blue eyes. A part of the man wanted the night to be over already, a part of him, wanted it to stretch out for as long as possible.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Asen on March 21st, 2015, 11:04 pm

Asen had been reduced to propping her head up with both hands and staring at the mug of beer. She'd taken a sip of it, and finding it not suited to her tastes she promptly sat the drink back on the table.

Twice she contemplated leaving, but it was still early and it wasn't like Lorden to not be there. 'E was there earlier today, why wouldn't 'e be 'ere now?

Once again she scolded herself for kissing him. He was a knight, and she was fairly certain that any intimacy between a knight and a squire -- or a squire and a squire, maybe even a knight or a knight -- was discouraged, if not punished. She was taking stupid risks, and yet...

She liked it. She did. The half-Dhani refused to admit it, though, even to herself. Her mother had warned her against taking too many risks, and what did she do? She ignored her advice. Completely.

"I hope I didn't keep ya' waiting," a familiar voice said. Asen straightened up, looking at the knight who sat in front of her. She hadn't heard his chair scraping the floor, being so deep in her thoughts.

"Lorden, hey! No, you- I was early. I was kinda early. It- it's fine," she stammered. Her face was getting warmer by the chime.

She turned to see what Lorden had directed his attention towards, then looked back at him. The half-Dhani self-consciously put her hands in her lap. He was watching her now, instead of the waitress.

"Yeah, night's goin' well. What about you? Everythin' good on your end?" she inquired, fixing her grey-blue gaze on the knight.

|Speech| |Text|
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 22nd, 2015, 3:01 am

2nd of Spring, 515 AV

Lorden smiled, as Asen placed her hands in her lap, and took up a generally reserved posture, after she had greeted him.

"Yeah, night's goin' well. What about you? Everythin' good on your end?" the blonde both answered and inquired, without giving many details, as to how she felt about being at the Stallion with her date.

The knight tilted his head a bit, still keeping his smirk. What could she be thinking in that pretty-little head? Surely the word 'timid' couldn't be in the vocabulary, of the woman that had snatched a kiss without apology from his lips earlier that day.

Surprise aside, Lorden couldn't help but admit to himself, that the blonde that sat in front of him's mix of confidence and timidity, was oddly charming, cute in fact.

The knight's heart skipped; he was already finding new things out about Asen, or at least thinking he was; to him the date was boring fruit. But there was still so much to learn.

For the first time in a long while, he saw hope for his love-life, and no matter how small it was, it was heart warming.

"I'm doing fi-," the knight was interrupted, by the waitress that he had called about a chime ago, walking up patiently beside him.

Patient or not, Lorden wasn't took keen on him and his date being listened to by anyone, even someone innocent.

"Just give me a mug of Ale, miss," he interrupted himself, and directed the server with a smile.

"Alright. What kind?" the woman inquired calmly.

"Dark or whatever ye' have," the knight said politely, doing his best to keep his growing impatience under wraps. Lorden wanted to display patience to the girl that was sitting with him, he wanted to show her his good qualities, and nothing else.

"Thank you!" Lorden called out after his server, as she nodded, and turned to do whatever waitresses did, before getting one a drink.

Lorden took a clearing breath, and turned back to face his date.

"I was just going to say that me and my night are fine," the man said, with a slight apologetic light framing his features.

-The knight Shuffled-

"I guess this is where we make small talk...," the knight gave a coy grin, as his heart leap, at what he was about to say.

"But where's the fun en' that? We came here te' get te' know each other," the man explained, as he leaned back.

"Ask me anything you want, Asen. Anything at all," Lorden said with a suggestive mirth in his voice. As the man spoke, he had already began formulating responses to imagined inquiries.

The knight had never been one for tittle-tattle or small talk.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Asen on March 22nd, 2015, 4:01 am

Asen tried to keep herself from staring, she really did!

Well, no. Not really. For half a tick she did, but at that point she had already abandoned enough worries that she honestly didn't care. Those worries didn't go down without a fight, though. They still hovered at the back of her mind like dogs waiting for a dying animal to finally expire.

The half-Dhani managed to keep those worries chained up, thankfully, and tried to enjoy the date. She followed the curve of his lips with her gaze, recalling the feel of them against her own. Her blushing became more intense with the memory.

The waitress Lorden had signaled intruded upon the knight's sentence, however. He looked just a bit irritated, if even that. It became slightly more apparent when the woman asked what kind of ale he wanted.

I get where your comin' from, Lorden, but you don't need to be grumpy with 'er, she thought. His voice was tense, betraying his emotions. When the waitress left, though, he turned back to her.

"Anythin', eh? Well," she began with a sly grin, lacing her fingers together on the table in front of her and leaning in, "In that case, where were you born? Where were you raised, what were your parents like? An' you can ask me anythin' too, 'cause otherwise this date would get boring real fast."

Her eyes travelled from Lorden's face up to his hair. Her fingers itched with the urge to touch it, to tangle it and twist it around and pull on it. Her grin grew, mischief clear in her eyes. She'd respect him, though. He was a knight. She felt the worry-dogs yank on their chains, their jaws snapping at the back of her mind. With some effort, she pushed them away.

She was going to have a good time with Lorden, and fear wasn't going to keep that from her. Not this time.

|Speech| |Text|
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 22nd, 2015, 6:10 am

2nd of Spring, 515 AV

Lorden watched with a smile, and a jump of his heart, as Asen leaned in to him, and interlocked her fingers. Petch, could she get any cuter?

"Anythin', eh? Well," -Lorden raised a mirth-filled eyebrow, at the mischievous look that framed itself on the blonde's face, as she spoke- "In that case, where were you born? Where were you raised, what were your parents like? An' you can ask me anythin' too, 'cause otherwise this date would get boring real fast."

"Is that all? I'll say, I expected something more-personal. But I guess it's good that we start slow, eh?" the knight said with a coy nod of his head, as he began to lean forward, much as Asen had done but a tick ago.

"I was born right here, though, my parents and my Patron, more or less split the job of raising me," the knight said almost routinely, as he mirrored Asen's posture coyly. The knight was smiling in a flirting manner, even still, a hint of of a sadness, that had become numb with time, could be seen in his soft, icy-grey eyes.

"As for my parents," -Lorden leaned over the table even more, and halted his face inches from Asen's, before borrowing his blue eyes into her own- "Well, my mother, she was sweet and kind, and the second most beautiful woman that I've ever met," Lorden allowed his top row of teeth to drop from behind his smiling lips, suggestively, as he spoke.

The knight had no intentions of starting slow.

"Ehm," Lorden's eye darted from Asen's sky-colored orbs in a bout of fear, as the waitress that had come back up to their table -with a drink in hand- cleared her throat.

The knight leaned back as casually as he could manage, as his heart pounded in his chest in its unnatural surprise. As he came to sit upright in his seat, Lorden moved his head away from Asen's own visage and began ruffling in his pant's pocket a bit clumsily. After a tick, Lorden pulled a small gemstone disc up from the side of the table, before turning his head to face the waitress, that stood patiently beside him.

"Thank ye' miss," the man said, as the woman sat his brown, bubbling, ale, on the table beside him, and took the money that he offered to her, from his lifted hand.

"Anyway... My father, well, he's still around, so there's no need to explain him, you can always meet em'," the knight had a thought, as he spoke, and for a moment he almost blushed.

"Only when you're ready though, of course," he said a bit stiffly, as reached for his ale.

Lorden stalled for a moment as he hefted his newly-delivered, wooden mug to his lips, and drowned a sip or two of his bitter chocolate-like drink. The wet ale, did quite a bit to quell the dryness of his embarrassed mouth.

"So what about you?" -Lorden cleared his moistened throat, as he sat his ale down- "Where did ye' grow up, what was it like, and who're yer' parents," the twenty-year old fired Asen's own questions back at her, albeit in a slightly rephrased manner. At his mention of his date's parents, a inquisitive notion threw itself into Lorden's mind.

"Ye' know, speaking of yer' parents. Do ye' think ye' can tell me what a Dhani really is? Fraid' I'm no too rightly sure," Lorden added, with a bit of a somewhat-skittish smirk. Hopefully, race wasn't a touchy subject for Asen.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Asen on March 22nd, 2015, 7:55 pm

Well, it's personal enough I s'pose. I'm askin' about your history, after all, she thought. Asen listened quietly to the man in front of her, eyes fixed on his face. He'd adopted her posture, lacing his fingers together in the same manner as her own.

The half-Dhani reared back slightly as Lorden's face rushed up towards her own, only to stop abruptly with mere inches between them.

"Well, my mother, she was sweet and kind, and the second most beautiful woman that I've ever met."

Asen's eyebrows raised in surprise, startled by the sudden complement. She was about to reply when someone cleared their throat. It was the waitress, and both the knight and the squire's heads swiveled to look up at her.

Lorden had leaned back as smoothly as he possibly could, paying the waitress for his drink. When she left the young man returned to speaking to Asen. "So what about you? Where did ye' grow up, what was it like, and who're yer' parents?

The half-Dhani opened her mouth to reply. "I grew up in Riverfall. There were lots o' tall blue men, Akalaks. Lots o' women an' babies, too, an' Kelvics. Never did like those much, though. They freaked me out."

Asen took a pause to sip at her beer. It was still gross, and she pulled a face. With one hand she nudged the mug to the side, clearing her throat.

"Anyways, Dhani. They're kinda like giant snakes that can change shape. My da, 'e never really stayed in snake shape when I was around. He'd always be in human shape or 'is halfway shape. I think that's what 'e called Dhani form," the squire explained, gesturing with her hands.

"I don't really know much about 'em other than that. Mum tried to keep me away from other Dhani in case they didn't take a liking to me or Da. Da also stayed in 'is human form around us, 'cause it was easier. Mum didn't exactly enjoy his halfway shape, I think. The scales weirded her out an' all. I didn't mind as much."

Asen thought for a moment, going over her words one more time in case she missed something. "Oh, yeah! I forgot. Da hated the cold. 'E usually slept in the winter. It kinda carried over into me, too. I get all tired an' slow in the cold."

She pulled her too-small jacket tighter around herself when she said 'cold,' hunching her shoulders. The half-Dhani glanced around the room, then directed her gaze back towards Lorden. "How'd you become a knight so quickly? Was your da a knight, too?" she asked. She reckoned she'd like to meet him, like he'd offered.

|Speech| |Text|
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 22nd, 2015, 9:42 pm

3rd of Spring, 515 AV

"I grew up in Riverfall. There were lots o' tall blue men, Akalaks. Lots o' women an' babies, too, an' Kelvics. Never did like those much, though. They freaked me out." -Lorden watched with amusement, as Asen sipped her beer, and quickly shuffled it away- "Anyways, Dhani. They're kinda like giant snakes that can change shape. My da, 'e never really stayed in snake shape when I was around. He'd always be in human shape or 'is halfway shape. I think that's what 'e called Dhani form," the blonde explained casually, as if what she was saying, was practically the pinnacle of normality. Of course, she was raised around 'Dhani' apparently, maybe to her giant-snake men were normal...

"You don't say," Lorden replied with an inquisitive smile.

Lorden was silent for a tick or two, as Asen continued to talk, he wasn't quite sure what to say. Snake-people, that was something.

The knight's fading smile burst back to its full girth, when Asen moved the conversation to how he'd become a knight, a subject in which he was well-versed in.

"My pa' wasn't a knight, he's a merchant actually. I don't really think he's ever picked up a sword, definitely never wore plate-mail," -Lorden took an eager breath, he'd rather not talk about his 'father'- "But ya' know, I guess you could say he helped set me on my way. He decided I'd be a Page, none of us really saw any other choice back then though..." the knight trailed off. He was saying too much, there was no way Asen could know the circumstances, or why there 'wouldn't have been another choice' other than for him to be raised by the Order. If the date was to be light and happy, he'd need to keep it that way.

The knight forced a light-hearted smile.

"Anyway, I didn't really become a knight 'fast' at all. It took my eight years, an' a lot of work to get there. From the time I was ten, to my teens, I was cleaning, training in, and polishing armor, along with swinging swords and all those knightly things," the knight explained, trying not to sound too arrogant, as he did.

"But enough about me, I'm not that impressive," -Lorden laughed coyly- "You'll be a knight before ya' know it," the knight said, in an encouraging manner; as he spoke Lorden had a thought.

"What about you Asen? Why're you a Squire, what made ya' decide to join up with the Order? We all have our reasons I know, it's fine if you don't want to tell me of course," then twenty-year old said with a smile. The man was trying to make conversation, not reach into Asen's soul and rip out her innermost motivations; if everything worked out, there would be time for that later.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Asen on March 22nd, 2015, 10:22 pm

"My pa' wasn't a knight, he's a merchant actually. I don't really think he's ever picked up a sword, definitely never wore plate-mail. But ya' know, I guess you could say he helped set me on my way. He decided I'd be a Page, none of us really saw any other choice back then though..."

It sounded like he'd had a tough time growing up. Asen, of course, didn't know what that was like. She'd been luckier than most, what with the whole Riverfall-is-clean-and-beautiful thing. She nodded slowly at Lorden's words, taking them in and trying to imagine what it would've been like for her if they swapped places.

The half-Dhani chuckled. "I certainly hope so. It'd be nice to get paid for it. Have a little extra money to spend, eh?" she said as she looked down at her hands. She ran her fingers through her hair with a sigh and looked back up at the knight.

"As for me, I joined 'cause my aunt told me about 'em. The knights, that is. I just came 'ere 'cause Da and Mum weren't exactly 'appy with me fightin' people in the streets. Nobody was, really. I didn't wanna be a breeder for the Akalaks, an' I didn't have the appeal that most women do anyways. Too quick to pick a fight. Bellicose, that was the word my da used."

She curled her fingers into fists, then uncurled them and shrugged. "So, Da decided it'd be a good idea to ship me off to this place. My aunt -- my mum's sister, not my da's -- was the one who received me. I en't been 'ere long. To be honest, I lazed around in her apartment 'til she told me about the Order," she admitted with a laugh.

"I like it 'ere, though. Kinda cold, but nice. There en't as much emphasis on bein' a babymaker, or as much pressure. I can do what I want. Is there anythin' else you wanna know, Ser Ladis?" she asked teasingly. His title didn't hold as much weight as it did when they first met, and it held even less after their kiss.

At the thought of the kiss, and the sarcastic use of his title, the worry-dogs made their presence known again with a low growl. At least her fear personified wasn't as aggressive. Asen began to wonder if the knight-squire relationship was common.

|Speech| |Text|
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 23rd, 2015, 12:59 am

2nd of Spring, 515 AV

"I like it 'ere, though. Kinda cold, but nice. There en't as much emphasis on bein' a babymaker, or as much pressure. I can do what I want. Is there anythin' else you wanna know, Ser Ladis?" Lorden listened to Asen's reasons for leaving Riverfall, and as he did, a pang of 'righteous' anger sprung up violently in his chest, and forced its way through his heart.

There weren't many things Lorden felt the need to stand up for; he was an idealistic man, but that didn't mean he was rash. Still, woman pressured into being babymakers? Bah!

His mother was a woman, and she had deserved more respect than almost any man. His best friend, his lover, was, had been, a woman. Maybe it was just the anger, the pain, the regret, the shame, that he related to the woman of his past, but the thought of someone taking advantage of them... it was too much.

Nevertheless, as Asen finished speaking, the knight forced a somber smile to frame his features. As he smiled, the twenty-year old's mouth opened on its own accord.

"I don't have any more questions.... But for what it's worth Asen, I think you're audacity is your most endearing quality, your forwardness your most charming aspect," Lorden said, not knowing what he was saying. As the knight spoke, it was almost as if everything, all his pain, was being channeled into his words, and being made lighter... it couldn't be possible.

The knight did his best not avert his eyes from Asen's own, as his voice jumped with a bit of uncharacteristic nervousness.

"I'm sorry, this isn't like me. I know we just met. I just... felt like you deserved to hear that, if it makes any sense," he laughed as he spoke, more out of what he saw, as the absurdity of his words, than any real humor.

Since when was he a romantic? What was this girl doing to him?
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next