[Verified by Crosspatch] Lorden Ladis

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lorden Ladis

Postby Lorden Ladis on February 8th, 2015, 2:49 am

Overview and History

"The man stood, a sentinel against the darkness out there. He was holding a vigil throughout the night keeping evil at bay. It was as if a scene from a fable or a fairy tale had come to life." -Orin Fenix

Race: Human
Birthday: 3rd of Summer, 494 AV
Height: 6'1
Birthplace: Syliras
Handedness: Right

Character History

History :
Syliras is the city of peace, there are no bandits, or criminal organizations, but that doesn't mean life is perfect; no one knows this better than Lorden Ladis, knight of Syliras. Born into a simple household, Lorden's father was Laden, a merchant, and his mother was a simple seamstress. Lorden was the first of two children, but his little sister Adrana hardly lived into the present, nor did his mother Adriana.

As I said Syliras isn't perfect, people still pass away, and they can certainly still get sick. It was in Lorden's tenth winter than he discovered life wasn't all his childhood fantasies promised it to be. Coming home from a bit of leisure time with his friends one fateful evening, Lorden discovered his mother had uncharacteristically, not deigned to prepare dinner. Upon asking his father as to why there was no food that night, he was quickly ushered to bed, with assurances that Adriana was simply tired, and after a small tantrum, Lorden did indeed depart to his slumber.

However, the morn only brought more oddities, out of the norm for Lorden's otherwise short, structured life. Upon awakening, Lorden discovered his father and mother had not set themselves to work that day, in fact, they hadn't even risen from the bed at all. Finding his parents unresponsive to his pestering, and unsure what to do, Lorden gathered his sister, and fetched an old family friend.

After wandering around the Dyres District for the better part of an hour, a now distraught Lorden and Adrana practically dragged old Cyrus by the fingertips back to their apartment. Cyrus was quick to calm the children, and in their youth they couldn't see the obvious worry on his middle-aged features. Setting the kids off to the side, Cyrus, being the medically-inclined member of a Syliran knight unit, set himself to work, tending, and somehow rousing Lorden's feverish father. Cyrus and Laden shared a few words, before the latter quickly resigned himself to slumber once more.

After his short conversation with Lorden's father, Cyrus took the two young children aside and explained he would be staying the night, and that there was nothing to worry about. Still, the next morning brought only more distress, Lorden's sister, Adrana, failed to rouse from her bed. It was only now, that Cyrus took a young Lorden aside yet again, but this time he was dreadfully blunt with the child. Cyrus explained that Lorden's parents, and now his sister, were very sick, and that if he didn't leave he'd likely fall ill as well. Unsure of what this meant, and lacking words, Lorden remained silent, and thus Cyrus continued on. The caring knight explained, that he had told Lorden's father, that if worst came to worst, he would take care of Lorden, and that the only way he knew how to do this, was to enroll the boy as a Syliran Page.

Now, under any normal circumstances Lorden would have been ecstatic. To become a Page! It should have been a dream come true, what boy didn't want to be a knight? But this wasn't right, it wasn't his fairy-tale story, it just wasn't how it was supposed to go. Nonetheless, Lorden let Cyrus lead him out of his home, and back to his apartment, he went with the man to talk to some other men, and before he knew it, he was a full-fledged Page.

But this wasn't the end of the story, you see, Lhex had a bit of a sense of humor that day. Against all odds, Lorden's father recovered, his wife and daughter were a different story however. Still, Lorden was already a Syliran Page, not that his father was in any state to raise him anyway. Laden was left devastated, not to mention extremely weak for weeks after he 'recovered', the man didn't cut himself off from his son entirely, but he wasn't the same loving father he had once been. There was a lack of glow in Lorden's father's eyes, the spark inside him had died, and his young son could see it. After a time, Lorden found himself visiting his father less and less, and devoting himself to his training more and more. And the rest... is just history.

Appearance

Winter 514 AV
Height: 6'1
Weight: 140 lbs
Appearance: Hair like a raven's feather, soft, curled, and long; Lorden boasts a mane as black as Rhsyol's soul. Eyes like the azure sky are set in his squared skull, his iris's are bordered by rings of dark indigo; the darkly-light orbs reveal a wiry spark.

The Knight is possessed of physique lacking in bulk, but obviously firm; perhaps slightly disproportionate around the waist, nonetheless his midsection holds up his plate leggings just as well.

His armor may fit well enough, but Lorden is a lanky sight in all honestly, only slowly, and through much effort, coming into the physique befitting of a knight. His face is not void of scars, but none come from the unthinking edge of a blade, rather, they spawn from the blemishes of past adolescence. Meanwhile, the rest Lorden's visage is just as wiry as his eyes, which are quick to dart; the blue orbs betray his youthfulness, and a thirst for guidance, at but a moment's glance.

Overall, averagely handsome are the two words to describe the young knight.

[/left][/tab]

Personality and Concept

Archived Seasons
Winter 514 AV :
If Mizahar had zodiac signs, Lorden would be a Taurus. Strong and firm, Lorden will stand his ground to the bitter end, only stepping aside if it means saving his own hide; But that's okay, because the whole point of being steadfast was self-preservation anyway.

Lorden is a dreamer, loving peace and the idea of justice; This being said, the dreamer is tempered by realism, and at the end of the day, he'd rather survive in reality, than be slain with his head in the clouds. Truly, Lorden will stand up for something he loves, but he always has himself and his well-being in mind. Sure, life isn't the best, and it's good to be true to your cause, but the twenty year old has no plans of meeting Dira's cold embrace anytime soon.

All this being said, Lorden is young, he is untested. And even while he may believe he would save himself over others, if it did indeed come to it, he's never had to face true adversity. Lorden loves the city, and thoughts of self-preservation aside, a grudgingly persistent part of him hints at a desire to be selfless in Syliras's name.

Concept Questions
Basic Questions:
What is your Name?
Lorden, of the Ladis family.
Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
The thing about nicknames is, you tend to have to earn them, at least the one's worth having. I hate to admit it, but my armor might be a bit too new for it.
How old are you?
Twenty, friend.
What is your height?
Round about? I'd say a little over six foot, my boots might give me another inch or two. But, even my armor can't cover up my damn thinness, which can make one look a bit lengthier, in of itself.
What is your weight?
One hundred and fifty pounds, maybe a bit more after a good meal.

Aesthetics:
Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Alright, tall and thin, with a bit of muscle here and there. I'll be honest and say I have day's when I'm not too thrilled about my looks, but the tavern wenches don't gawk disgustedly at me or anything; then again, they're usually drunk. Bah, I don't know. Next question.
Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Heh, I'll tell you when they tell me.
What is your favorite body feature?
My height, I enjoy it, and no one has ever said a spiteful word about it.
How physically fit are you?
I'm a knight for Sylir's sake. Have you ever been a Squire? Have you ever worked the training grounds? If not, you're not going to understand. You know what, let's just say 'decently'.
How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Depends, if I'm off duty, simple clothes work fine. I might splurge on some furs every now and then, if they catch my fancy. I have a bit of a tendency to fall in love with something, and just snatch it up on the spot. As for my work attire, plate mail is all but required.

Family:
Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mum, well she's not around anymore. My dad has been a bit distant, ever since she passed, a bit more clingy too; if that makes any sense at all. I really don't know what's going on with him, I worked through losing mom, at least tried; why can't he? In the end, I don't really bother thinking about him that much. Don't take me wrong, as long as my legs move, I'd take a sword for him; at least quicker than most anybody else. He's just different now...
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Once, a long time ago. Dira has her now. Bah, don't look at me like that, it happened a long time ago, I'm fine; course I wish she was still here.
What is your extended family like?
You want me to describe seven thousand men and woman? The knighthood covers a lot of ground, but we all wear and bear the Windoak proudly, and I'd hope we could all trust each other with our lives.
Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
The one's I've had? I consider them more important. Men don't need a shoulder to cry on, but we still benefit from a good drinking buddy to spill to.
Do you treat animals like family?
Irrefutably

Syliras, far as my folks have told me.
Where do you live now?
Same city, I can see why some might want to leave. But me? No, I have a pretty nice life here.
If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Can't say I know everything about everywhere. Like I said, I'm fine where I'm at. And unless I'm exiled, I'll probably die a gray old man, in the walls of Stormhold.
Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
The Archives are a good place to rest up, after a day of patrol. I love the forests right outside the city; but even I wouldn't relax out there, too many animals, not enough walls.
Where do you fear to be?
Being alone, when you know there's unsavory things lurking around, closest thing to torment as I can conjure up. Believe me, I've been through it.

Occupations:
What is your occupation?
Proud knight of Syliras.
Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I like it fine, call me a romantic if you want, but soldering has a certain allure to it. The armor, the respect; you won't understand unless you do.
If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I'm sure everyone'd like a promotion.
What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I really find myself looking up to my fellow knights, if that's what you mean? Otherwise, I've never really thought about it.
What occupation do you lest like? Why?
Nothing comes to mind. Cooks feed us, hunters supply the cooks, we knights protect the food. I've never really thought about it, but I guess we all have our parts.

Childhood:
What sort of child were you?
The shy and quiet kind; somewhere along the line I perked up, it's still a part of me though.
What is your favorite memory from childhood?
To be honest? My childhood was fine and everything, my parents were and are good people, I just don't really remember much of it. Now, if you want to talk about when I became a page, I'd say the day when I stopped being overwhelmed by the new responsibility, felt pretty damn relieving.
What is your worst memory from childhood?
You'd probably guess it was the day my mother died, but to be honest it isn't. Dira did claim someone, in my worst childhood memory, though. Still, I don't really want to talk about it. Alright?
What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
Good, again they were likable folks. Mom was a bit shy, rough around the edges too, and my father was always a little wiry in his way of talking. But I loved them, faults and all.
Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Definitely Ser Cyrus, the man took me into his home, made me a page. Hai, he practically made me a knight.

Education:
What sort of education do you have?
I've done a bit of reading at the Archives. And no knight I know is illiterate. Still, I'd like to be a lot more well-versed in the arts, than I am.
Do you like/dislike learning?
Depends on the subject matter. I like the idea of learning, but who can say they don't get rousing headaches, after going at something new for so long, even when you like the new thing?
Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Friends, Being a Squire, Myself, and the Knighthood in General. The Order has been a big influence on where I'm at, and how I've turned out, I'm realizing.
How do you learn best?
Either in a relaxed environment, or one where I feel dominant. Can't really help it, just the way I am. I'm either in control, or no one is. Otherwise, I get a bit angsty. Not to say I always like being in charge; I can unwind a good bit if the leader is someone I trust. Hai, I might prefer the latter situation.
What are your educational goals for the future?
I'd love to be very well educated by the time I die, gods willing.

Relationships:
Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Phew! That's a question. I'd say that I do, and I'm always getting better at it. Still, it takes a bit to yank my thoughts out of me.
Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I'd say I hit a decent medium on this. Of course, sometimes it doesn't even occur to me someone might be lying. But that might just be a lack of attentiveness?
Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Straight as the arrows in my quiver.
Have you ever been kissed?
I have.
Have you ever had sex?
That was a long time ago, good memories, but it hurts to think about it.

Drugs and Alcohol:
Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Oh gods, that was back when I was even worse at holding my damn ale. To be honest, I don't really remember. I do recall waking up in Stormhold less than, ehm, clothed, with a bundle of roses in my hands. Yea, it didn't make any sense to me either.
Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Oh my days off? Sure. I don't really like to get drunk though. Then again, who does?
What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Ale, beer tastes like what I figure urine might. Not a pleasant beverage, in my opinion.
Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Eh, I don't think so. But then again, that might explain the roses...
What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I think they're good for a party. Bad for a lonely man. And really petching annoying, when I have to step into a bar brawl because of them. Have you ever tried to break two drunks up? No? You get punched, a lot, and it hurts and feels like shyke in general.

Likes and Dislikes:
What are your hobbies?
Reading, training, and I think I may take up hunting soon.
Do you like to read?
Like I said, I'm not the most book-savy person. I do like a good tome, however.
What annoys you more than anything else?
I hate, and I do mean hate, people getting in my personal space. And if I tell you to let go of me, or try and pull away from you, for gods's sake, don't try and grab me or hold on...
What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
A good's night sleep, I enjoy it. That moment, when your sore and tired muscles, unwind, and you have but your own relaxed thoughts to accompany you.
What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
I'll admit, I'm not possessed of godly confidence. It tends to piss me off when others criticize or pick me apart, especially when I'm trying. I might play it off; then again, I might just snap. I'd guess I'm like most folks in that regard?

Favorites:
What is your favorite color or colors?
Red
What is your favorite time of day?
Late-Morning and Late-Night
What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
A face, that I haven't glimpsed in far too long.
What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I love most meats, bread is also a favorite of mine. I don't like wet lumpy foods, though, something about them just doesn't go down right. As for flavor, I'd go with spicy or salty. Sweet isn't off the board, but I get tired of it pretty quickly.
What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I love a warm spring afternoon, when it's not too humid, but it's just warm enough to feel the sun bake your skin. Really, that is a wonderful feeling. As for being scared, I don't like the snow when I'm out at night. Too cold, too wet, and far too windy. Throw in slippery footing and I get less than amused, very fast.

Outlook:
Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Like most people, I'm a mix of both, depending on my mood. I'm trying to be more optimistic at this point in my life, but I'd say I still lean towards being pessimistic, as a default.
What are your religious views?
I'd like to know myself. The gods are there for some people, while they shun the rest. I don't know enough to talk, but does that seem right to you? Should I have had a little girl's death on my hands? I don't think so. Though, it could have just been my fault.
Would you be able to kill?
No question about it, I've done it before, I'll do it again. You never get used to it, but you manage to reel your body's 'reactions' in, somewhat. I remember my first bandit ambush, I pissed myself, and didn't even realize til we were back home. Good times, really. No, I promise you I'm smiling.
What are your views on sex?
Go for it? Frankly, I don't really care. Should I have a reason to?
What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Trying. That's it. Or at least, that's what I'd like to say. In real life, I guess it comes down to knowing the right people, and being at the right place at the right time. Or so they say.

Emotions:
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Not very. It might not be healthy, but I like people to see me like I want them to. Every time I've let myself really open up, I've felt embarrassed afterwards. Shouldn't think that way, I know. And maybe it's a bit childish, and I should just live life.
Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I'd try not to. If something looks like it might try and eat me, I'm going be a bit jumpy. I guess if everyone else who's around is okay with it, I'd at least act the same?
What makes you happy?
A lot of things. Mostly being told or knowing I did something the best way possible.

Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Myself? Probably my family. And yes, the city. As much as I don't want to meet Dira, I'll just keep telling myself we all have to someday.

Beliefs:
What is the best part of death?
I don't really know. Rest? Hope for something new?
If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Again, hopeless romantic here, but I'd love to die fighting for something. Something bigger than me. Let's not make that anytime soon, though.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I need to make a mark on this world, on something or somebody. I don't care if they know I did it, I just need to get it done. I might let you know what that is, when I find it.

[/left][/tab]
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on September 8th, 2015, 1:17 am, edited 46 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Skills, Lore, and Language

Postby Lorden Ladis on February 10th, 2015, 2:56 am

Skills, Lore, and Shield Points

Skills
Knightly Skills:
Image Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Image Weapon: Arming Sword 30 SP,+2,+4,+5,+4 45 Competent
Image Weapon: Buckler 15 SP,+4,+5,+3,+1 28 Competent
Weapon Maintenance +2 2 Novice
Image Weapon: Shortbow 15 RB, +3 18 Novice
Image Riding: Horse 5 SP,+5+2 12 Novice

Physical:
Acrobatics +2 2 Novice
Image Bodybuilding +4,+2,+4,+1,+1 16 Novice
Image Boxing +5 5 Novice
Image Climbing +1 1 Novice
Image Endurance
Secret :
31 Competent
Image Running +2,+2,+2 6 Novice
Image Unarmed Combat +2,+3,+1,+5,+2,+3,+4 20 Novice
Image Wrestling +1,+1,+1 3 Novice

Mental:
Image Investigation +1,+1,+3,+1 6 Novice
Meditation +2 2 Novice
Image Observation +5,+2,+3,+1,+5, +2,+2,+2,+3,+3,+3+2,+1,+2,+1,+1,+2,+3 43 Competent
Image Organization +1,+1 2 Novice
Image Philosophy +1,+1 2 Novice
Image Planning +3,+2 5 Novice
Image Research +1 1 Novice
Image Tactics +2,+3,+1 6 Novice
Image Tracking +1 1 Novice

Animal Related:
Image Animal Husbandry +1,+2 3 Novice
Image Horsemanship +5 5 Novice

Social:
Flirting +3+4,+2 9 Novice
Image Leadership +2,+2,+2 6 Novice
Image Rhetroic +1,+1,+1 3 Novice
Teaching +2 2 Novice
Seduction +1,+1 2 Novice
Image Socialization 32 Competent
Subterfuge +1,+1 2 Novice
Interogation +1,+1 2 Novice
Image Intimidation +1,+1 2 Novice

Trade:
Image Copying +2 2 Novice
Medicine +1,+1 2 Novice
Image Writing +3 3 Novice

Weapon Skills:
Image Dagger +1 1 Novice

Lores
Archery:
Standing Square With a Bow Will Get me Shot

Arming Sword:
Arming Sword: Basic Stance
Arming Sword: Pommel Strike
Arming Sword: Proper Grip

Bodybuilding:
Body building: Basic Stretching Exercises
Bodybuilding: Importance of Hydration
Bodybuilding: Push-Ups and Sit-Ups
Bodybuilding: Diet with Lots of Meat
Body-Building: Instant Workout, Just Add Armor
Body-Building: Push-ups
Body-Building: Breathing Matters
Bodybuilding: Dumbbell Exercises
Bodybuilding: The Importance of Proper Technique

Boxing:
Boxing: Basic Stance
Boxing: Basic Stance
Boxing: Moving in Your Stance

Buckler:
Buckler: Basic Stance
Buckler: Shield Bash
Buckler: Invaluable in a Fight

Dhani:
Dhani: Snakelike Shape-changers With Three Forms
Dhani: Cold-blooded

Endurance:
Exercise Under Exhaustion Leads To Big Consequences
Dreams: Unintentional Motivation
Endurance: Taking a Punch
Endurance: Pushing Past The Pain
Endurance: Regulating Breathing Through Controlled Motion

Events:
Event: Sayana's New Year's Party
Event: Willow’s Disappearance

Investigation:
Investigation: Searching a cart
Investigation: Assessing from a Distance can Reveal Hidden Secrets
Guilty Men Run
The bad Man killed Someone (Sayana's Party)

Leadership:
Leadership: Being an Authoritative Presence.

Literature:
A Treatise on Humanity: A Vague Book of Magics

Martial:
Combat: Using an Arming Sword and a Buckler
Practice Makes Perfect
Who Brings a Sword and Shield to a Dirty Fighting Match?
Combat: Death is Ugly

Medicine:
Head Injuries are Tricky
Chamayo Tonic: Helps People Remember things After a Concussion

Occupational:
Guard duty at the Syliran Gates
Helping recruit a squire

Religion:
Religion: Tyveth

Riding:
Riding: Mounting a horse

Socialization:
Better to make friends than enemies.

Shortbow:
Using a Bow: Still Much to Learn.
Aiming: Look Down the Shaft
Pulling the Bowstring: Use the Pads Not the Bends

Syliras:
Location: Soothing Waters (Full of Pretentious Well-Paid Idiots)
Sayana's Party: The Man at the Party Assasinated Someone

Syliran order:
Lore: Syliran Knights
Ekeldi: The Non-Verbal Language of the Syliran Knights
Weaponsmasters: Judge and Jury of the training Grounds
Knights don't Apologize for Doing their Job
Long-lasting friendships Begin at Squirehood
Caring people, the Reason of the Knighthood.

Tactics:
Tactics: Finding an Opening
Tactics: Make the Unexpected Move
Combat: Don’t let Your opponent Flank You

Teaching:
Teaching: Lesson Plan

Tracking:
Tracking: Once a deer is spooked, you're out of luck
Tracking: Deer Trails
Tracking: Deer Beds
Tracking: Identifying the age of Deer Feces
Tracking: Finding Deer Trails
Tracking: Antler Rubs
Tracking: Deer Tracks

Unarmed Combat:
Unarmed Combat: Tackle
Unarmed Combat: Headbutt

People:
Willow: A Painful Memory, Or Just A Dream?
Ser Edwin Boris: Fellow knight
Holland Rolandus: Sparring Partner
Holland Rolandus: Uses a Rapier
Yargul: Fat Fighter
Ceryl: Yargul's Lackey
Sayana: Eypharian, multi-armed hostess.
Sayana: Pregnant with Aren’s child
Devi: The Daring Doctor
Orin: Doesn’t drink Because it Killed his Father
Asen: Born in Riverfall
Asen: Doesn't like Kelvic
Asen: Cold-blooded
Asen: Second Most Beautiful Woman in the World
Asen: No Idea How to Use a Sword
Asen: It is, indeed, a date
Personal Lore: I'm Losing It

Physical:
Warm-up Stretches Loosen The Body

Philosophy:
Philosophy: What Is Good?
Gods Don’t Always Save us From the Fangs of Life

Planning:
Planning: New Year's Resolution of a Stronger Body

Psyche:
Lorden: Novice Archer
Self: Could never be a scribe

Writing:
Writing: Wipe Excess Drops Off First
Don't Lift Upturned Inkwells
Books Smell Good
Never Judge A Book By The Cover
Experimenting With Ink Wastes Paper!

Zith:
Zith: Animalistic, but Effective

Shield Points
Total: 39
Point Log :
1. Training = +2
2. Patrolling/Guard Duty = +4
3. Helping a Citizen = +2
4. Training = +3
5. Patrolling = +2
6. Helping a citizen = +3
7. Training =+3
8. Training =+1
9. Training=+5
10. Training=+5
11. Training=+2
12. Training=+3
13. Training=+4

Languages
Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Ekeldi
Poor Language: None Desired

[/tab]
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on September 8th, 2015, 3:05 am, edited 48 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Possessions and Ledger

Postby Lorden Ladis on February 10th, 2015, 3:08 am

Possessions and Ledger

Possesions
Clothing:

Image Item Value Description
Image Wolf Tooth Pendant N/A A wolf's tooth, that is strung up on a leather cord. On one side of the tooth, there is a crude carving of the Windoak. On the other, there are the words 'Remember', etched in large block letters.
Image Simple Shirt(White) 1sm A simple cloth shirt.
Image Simple Pants(Brown) 8sm A pair of simple cloth paints.
Image Simple Undergarments 1sm A pair of simple undergarments.
Image Simple Cloak(Dark Red) 5sm A simple dark red cloak.
Image Simple Boots(Black) 5sm A pair of simple black boots.

Equipment:

Sword, Arming 15gm A simple arming sword, constructed of steel.
Dagger, Assassins 4gm A broad-bladed dagger, that is designed to inflict vicious, gaping wounds that are difficult to mend.
Leather Scabbard(Black) 6gm A plain black sword scabbard, affixed to the face of the leather is a smaller sheath, fitted for the purpose of holding a small steel dagger.
Waterskin 1gm A simple waterskin.

Home:

Simple Bunk N/A A simple bed.
Table N/A A simple table, fit for eating on.
Bedside Table N/A A small table, capable of being used as a seat, if need be.
Simple Chest N/A A simple chest, that is void of a lock.
Body-Building Equipment 45gm An extensive set of equipment, that consists of a variety of metal weights, bars, ropes and chains.
Chair, Average(2) 14sm Two chairs of average quality.

Backpack:

Comb N/A A simple wood comb.
Brush N/A A simple wood brush.
Soap N/A A small bar of soap.
Razor N/A A small shaving razor.
Balanced Rations N/A A week's worth of rations. One day of it has been consumed.
Eating Knife N/A A very simple steel eating knife.
Flint & Steel N/A A simple flint and steel, used for starting fires.

Leather Satchel:

A Treatise on Humanity N/A DescriptionA journal-like book that touches on basic information, about Syliras, Sunberth, and Zeltiva. There are also various fairy-tales and myths, from each of the aforementioned cities, spread out over about twenty pages. Finally, the author dedicates a very small and somewhat misinformed section, to what he's seen of magic, and how he thinks it relates to humanity on the whole. The original tome resides in the Syliran Archives, Lorden possess but a poorly-made copy, that is bound by a hardback bone cover.
Blank Book(x4) 12gm Four blank books, of various sizes, that are possessed of covers constructed of different materials.
Paper (x9) 3.6 gm Nine sheets of blank paper.
Ink-Stained Paper N/A A sheet of ink-stained paper.
Ink N/A A two ounce inkwell. Half of the contents of the vial, are used up.
Quill 10cm Two speckled quills.
Knife, Small 5sm A small knife, for scratching mistakes, off of manuscripts.

Ledger
Ledger

Purchase
Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Scabbard(Sword+Dagger)A plain black sword scabbard, affixed to the face of the leather is a smaller sheath, fitted for the purpose of holding a small steel dagger. Price of Sword Sheath + Dagger Sheath added. -6 GM 94 GM
Dagger, Assasins - 4 GM 90 GM
Sword, ArmingNot on the Price List, so I priced it as a longsword. - 15 GM 75 GM
Blank Book(x5)Five Blank Books with varying Face Designs. - 15 GM 60 GM
Ink(2 oz, Black) - 2 GM 58 GM
Quill (x2) - 2 CM 57.98 GM
Ink(2 oz, Black) - 2 GM 55.98 GM
Leather SatchelPrice of backpack substituted. - 2 GM 53.98 GM
Knife, Small - 5 SM 53.48 GM
Paper (x10) - 4 GM 49.48 GM
Winter Wages + 136 GM 185.98 GM
Winter Expenses - 45 GM 139.98 GM
Body Building Equipment(Extensive) - 45 GM 94.98 GM
Chair, Average(2) - 14 SM 94.34 GM
Stolen Money - 2 SM 94.14 GM

Heirloom
Heirloom: Akinva Deerstalker(Male)
A gleaming white beast, Sarorus is a kind middle-aged dog, and a steadfast companion. Sarorus was entrusted to Lorden by his father, as a protector and friend. The old white deerstalker, being the loyal hound he is, never leaves his master's side, and Lorden never asks him to.

Borrowed Gear
Syliran Knights:
- Gloves, Leather
- Belt, Leather
- Buckler, Steel
- Syliran Plate Armor
- Syliran Mail
- Syliran Rank Insignia (One Sword)
- Shortbow
- Quiver(Small)
- Arrows(20)

Lodging
Description: A small twenty by twenty apartment, located in the bowels of Stormhold, on the third tier of the Dyres district. Size aside, Lorden finds the minuscule walls, and the depth of the room he calls home offsetting, but oddly comforting at the same time.
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on April 4th, 2015, 4:18 am, edited 41 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Threads

Postby Lorden Ladis on February 10th, 2015, 3:21 am

Last edited by Lorden Ladis on April 4th, 2015, 4:29 am, edited 68 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Relations

Postby Lorden Ladis on February 12th, 2015, 1:45 am

Relations

Enemies

Strangers

Acquaintances

Friends

Family
Sarorus :
Appearance:
Description: A gleaming white beast, Sarorus is a kind middle-aged dog, and a steadfast companion. Sarorus was entrusted to Lorden by his father, as a protector and friend. The old white deerstalker, being the loyal hound he is, never leaves his master's side, and Lorden never asks him to.

Personality: Sarorus isn't exactly what you would call... friendly. The near-albino animal is quite loyal however, brooding, dark, and overly aloof, but loyal. The dog mirrors no one's emotions but those he considers pack members, and so far, that only includes Lorden Loris himself. To illustrate the before-mentioned point, Sarorus once ran a visiting squire out of Lorden's apartment with a firm nip to the rear, only to shower the boy with love when Ser Ladis himself showed up with the uninjured, but quite sore, squire in tow. That story is the lump sum of Sarorus's personality, the Deerstalker is a simple hound, with very little variation in his intimidating stature or his unwavering devotion.

Relationship: As is mentioned thrice in the above sections, Sarorus is soundly and unquestionably devoted to his master. The dog has never once shown any form of disloyalty to Lorden, albeit he has demonstrated some rather stubborn disobedience, especially when the two first met. Lorden has come to admire the dog's honest nature, however, and even the Deerstalker's resolve when contradicting him, and as such, he is quite fond of his canine companion. Fondness and love in mind, the Deerstalker is never seen far from his master's side, and has almost altogether become a part of Lorden's shadow, by mutual consent.

History: Lorden did not meet his furry companion Sarorus as a pup, rather, the two came together later in each of their lives. You see, Lorden's canine was originally the guard dog for a caravan's lead merchant. The dog however, had been wounded at about two years of age, making his right hind leg unreliable for a time. The Caravan operators had other dogs, and were unsure of whether the dog would recover well-enough in time for their next outing, making it so a decision was in order, profits or protection.

At the end of the day the merchant's decided to sell off Sarorus rather than deal with his wounds. It was now that Lorden's father came into the mix, he purchased the injured beast, with the knowledge that it was a protector by nature and trade, and that the guard dog had the skills needed to safeguard most. Loren recruited Lirelle Osla, proprietor of The Tooth and Claw, in Sarorus's recovery effort; as she was more than happy to help the white canine get back on his feet.

By the time the dog had nearly recuperated to a healthy state, Loren gifted him to his son in honor of his ascension to knighthood. He bestowed the dog, in the hopes that Sarorus would help reduce the risk Lorden was taking on, at least somewhat. The dog and the knight had issues getting along at first, but at his father's urging Lorden persevered, and Sarorus just didn't have much choice in the matter. Eventually though, the two would form a bond that would set the foundation for a great friendship, but that's a story for another day.

Training: Guard Dog

Divinities
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Lorden Ladis

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 12th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Companions

Sarorus
Description: A gleaming white beast, Sarorus is a kind middle-aged dog, and a steadfast companion. Sarorus was entrusted to Lorden by his father, as a protector and friend. The old white deerstalker, being the loyal hound he is, never leaves his master's side, and Lorden never asks him to.

Personality: Sarorus isn't exactly what you would call... friendly. The near-albino animal is quite loyal however, brooding, dark, and overly aloof, but loyal. The dog mirrors no one's emotions but those he considers pack members, and so far, that only includes Lorden Loris himself. To illustrate the before-mentioned point, Sarorus once ran a visiting squire out of Lorden's apartment with a firm nip to the rear, only to shower the boy with love when Ser Ladis himself showed up with the uninjured, but quite sore, squire in tow. That story is the lump sum of Sarorus's personality, the Deerstalker is a simple hound, with very little variation in his intimidating stature or his unwavering devotion.

Relationship: As is mentioned thrice in the above sections, Sarorus is soundly and unquestionably devoted to his master. The dog has never once shown any form of disloyalty to Lorden, albeit he has demonstrated some rather stubborn disobedience, especially when the two first met. Lorden has come to admire the dog's honest nature, however, and even the Deerstalker's resolve when contradicting him, and as such, he is quite fond of his canine companion. Fondness and love in mind, the Deerstalker is never seen far from his master's side, and has almost altogether become a part of Lorden's shadow, by mutual consent.

History: Lorden did not meet his furry companion Sarorus as a pup, rather, the two came together later in each of their lives. You see, Lorden's canine was originally the guard dog for a caravan's lead merchant. The dog however, had been wounded at about two years of age, making his right hind leg unreliable for a time. The Caravan operators had other dogs, and were unsure of whether the dog would recover well-enough in time for their next outing, making it so a decision was in order, profits or protection.

At the end of the day the merchant's decided to sell off Sarorus rather than deal with his wounds. It was now that Lorden's father came into the mix, he purchased the injured beast, with the knowledge that it was a protector by nature and trade, and that the guard dog had the skills needed to safeguard most. Loren recruited Lirelle Osla, proprietor of The Tooth and Claw, in Sarorus's recovery effort; as she was more than happy to help the white canine get back on his feet.

By the time the dog had nearly recuperated to a healthy state, Loren gifted him to his son in honor of his ascension to knighthood. He bestowed the dog, in the hopes that Sarorus would help reduce the risk Lorden was taking on, at least somewhat. The dog and the knight had issues getting along at first, but at his father's urging Lorden persevered, and Sarorus just didn't have much choice in the matter. Eventually though, the two would form a bond that would set the foundation for a great friendship, but that's a story for another day.

Equipment:

Training: Guard Dog
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes