Count the Souls in the Wind Eagle Kelvic (Sira)

Sira makes the twins acquaintanceship, tripping a dramatic devolution between the sisters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Sira on December 29th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Dragged along behind Aidara, Sira still had the precense of mind to reach down and snatch up her shirt and pants before they left, leaving the rest behind. Struggling to pull on her bryda while they ran Sira hopped along, shouting at a dek as they passed by. "You there! Down that hall are the rest of my clothes. Bring them up to the aeries for me. Ask for Sira's room." Sira pulled on her shirt before adding, "Oh, and feel free to treat yourself to some food and a nice bath while you're up there as reward." Sira wasn't always so generous to the drudges of Wind Reach, but she didn't want the dek leaving angry and spreading rumors about her. She could only imagine what the poor man was thinking as the two women ran down that hall, one of them still pulling on her clothes, off to who knows where.

When they finally reached the Courtyard of the Sky Sira's eyes swept over the crowd, wondering how they would find Sairque among all the other red haired women among them. That was one bad thing about being Inarta, nobody stands out in a crowd. But somehow Addy was able to home in on the flight leader and pointed her out against all odds. ...it might have had something to do with that fact that Sai was trying to climb the wall, but maybe it was something else.

Sira didn't miss the look Sairque gave her as they ran up, and stopped a few steps behind Aidara. Sira had done something to anger the flight leader, that much she could tell. Were there truly some kind of emergency that needed her attention that badly, she would have likely informed Sira of it as well. They were both protectors of the city, after all. No... this was a personal issue, and Sira could only assume it had some or everything to do with her. Perhaps her showing off had been too much. Maybe Sairque had seen the passing moment of weakness back in the corridor. Whatever it was, Sira hoped it wouldn't ruin the future of their friendship. She liked the flight leader. And on top of that, if she had done something to anger one sister, then surely the other sister would take her sibling's side. And for some reason, the thought of Aidara being mad at her scared Sira even more than facing the wrath of an angry flight leader. Sira remained silent, waiting to see what would happen.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on February 3rd, 2011, 6:37 pm

She had messed everything up, and badly.

"I'm....sorry. My fault, my fault. This is awkward."

Scuffing her foot along the cobbles, Addy stepped away from Sai, and what she saw in her face. It worried her, and the woman felt the first wave of stress and fear wash over her. This... was going to be a much bigger issue than she first imagined. Belatedly, Addy realized she had taken a step back away from her sister, towards where Sira stood. Oops.

A step to the side and then a step back and she had placed herself directly between the two women, forming a triangle. Not a smidge closer to either of them. Keeping her eyes cast at the ground, Addy scuffed her foot again and clasped her hands behind her back. "I think this play date is over. I'm sorry about your clothes, Sira. I'll pay for new ones if they've been stolen." Still not looking up, Addy took another step backwards. "Sai, Catabasis is waiting. You know how impatient he is."

And without another word, Addy turned on her heel and fled.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 11th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Character: Sairque
Experience: +4 Leadership, +4 Rhetoric, +4 Observation
Lore: Reflecting and Learning from Past Mistakes, Understanding Ones Own Strengths and Weaknesses, Visualizing Emotional Change Creatively, Worrying for her people and their well being even if she doesn’t admit it, Blowing off Personal Questions, Changing the Subject, Forthright honesty, Understanding there are reasonable limits to her leadership, Instinctively understanding another’s misgivings, putting other’s feelings into clearly outlined explanations, Having a panic attack, fleeing a scene, being unsettled.

Character: Sira
Experience: +4 Observation, +1 Leadership, +2 Engineering, +2 Archery
Lore: Being young and insecure, struggling with conversation, visualizing events yet not following through, Compassion, Being Socially Awkward, Being Wise, Thinking before one Speaks, Giving just the ‘right’ answer, changing the subject, Agreeing to things despite one’s better judgment, Not being afraid to show someone something new that you aren’t perfect with, Being brave, Fast smooths shifts as a kelvic, Perfect landings as a Kelvic, attempting to understand non-kelvics.

Character: Aidara
Experience: +2 Observation, +2 Subterfuge, +2 Leadership, +1 Psychology, +2 Rhetoric,
Lore: Recognizing one should pay more attention to one’s studies, inviting herself to a situation, being something of a cheerleader, Being spontaneously nice, Being honest, being quick to make amends, understanding the needs of ones sister, keeping someone both in and out of the loop.

Additional Note: Great thread. I have to admit as a reader I was a bit confused why Sai fled at the end and why she had such a huge emotional response, but I’ll keep reading other threads and I’m sure it will be cleared up sooner than later.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous