Closed [Bronze Woods] Here Comes The Fun!

Aren and Arch have a rather eventful meeting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Here Comes The Fun!

Postby Archailist on April 26th, 2015, 9:22 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

23rd of Summer, 515.

The full bloom of spring had hit a few days ago; by now, with the Svefra leaving port and the numerous crimes declining in past days thanks to the abrupt absence, the squirrel actually had a few days to relax. With all the struggle over the past few days, he'd earned it as well. Even Iros was apparently retiring for a few days to the quiet of his family and other activities. Apparently even determination such as his could be stretched thin if left unchecked for long enough.. which honestly didn't surprise the Pycon either. Everyone had their breaking points.. sooner or later they all found them.

In a bid to escape and find a bit of solace, he'd taken nothing but his Py-Pole and marched straight out into the Bronze Woods on the back of Xarex to spend a bit of quality time doing what he always loved doing the most.. spending some time in the trees, back like the good old days when he'd spent not bells, not days, but whole seasons submerged in the canopy high above the forest floor, mingling with wildlife when possible.. emerging only briefly to eat a little clay and drink a little water. He'd always miss this place, no matter where he was or what he did. It was, at its core, a simple pleasure.. and that made it all the more pure.

He stopped his mount just at the borders to the Woods, dismounting and patting the excitable little hound. "Stay close, boy. You're not gonna run off anywhere and do somethin' silly, are you?" The dog stared blankly, little pink tongue hanging out of its muzzle and little tail wagging furiously behind it. When Xarex got excited, he didn't just wag his tail.. his entire backside waggled back and forth, as if his tail really had that much energy in it that it couldn't be contained properly by the rest of his body. He could share the dog's excitement though.. just as it wasn't too often that the Pycon found escape from the oppressive castle, it was too long since the dog had last been let out of the stables.

"Good boy." A final pat and he turned, leaving his mount to curl up and enjoy a bit of the shade while he climbed. Trees were pretty easy things to climb.. but they were still very tall and the squirrel was very small. Digging his clay claws into the bark until the tips softened and squeezed into the gaps, he formed easy grips to mark a straight path right up the trunk from bottom to top - none of this jumping from branch to branch shyke. All of it took too long and besides, it took so much more effort when he could literally push his paws between the tiny gaps in the bark to find a grip where no human hand would ever manage.

Still, it took a good few chimes of climbing before he made it. Though his technique was still working well and meant he didn't slip up once, it was slow.. waiting for his claws to take the necessary shape, then testing it with a quick tug before finally moving on. Perhaps if he could put less force in and use less grip then he'd be able to make the ascent faster.. but that'd be sacrificing security and Sylir knew that he didn't want to end up toppling from such a high perch just because he got a little impatient. That was a quick death, there. Land straight on his nexus with all the weight of his body down on top, or just squish down into a pancake and shake it bad enough that he wouldn't be getting up afterwards. No thank you.

About half-way up though, something rustling down below and a way off to the right caught his attention. Still on the outskirts. Could have been anything but it didn't sound small. A person? Only one way to find out. He returned to climbing with newfound vigor, turning his head every few ticks to try and catch a glimpse of whatever - or whoever - was stalking around so close to the spot. The moment he found the first sturdy branch and leapt to it, the squirrel nearly fell out of the tree altogether. ".. Iros?"

Even up a tree and some several or more feet away, the hulking blue knight was as plain to see as the Cobalt Mountains themselves. Probably what surprised him the most though, was the fact that for once the knight wasn't wearing any of his armor, or even carrying any of his weapons. Just a simple silk shirt and trousers. Almost eerie, considering the amount of time he spent with the knight.. literally a daily routine.. yet he'd never before seen this side of the man. Not even imagined it really, he'd always thought the Akalak slept in his armor. He couldn't see what the Akalak was doing, but the moment he heard his name, the knight spun around on the spot with wide, surprised eyes. "The petch are you doing here?!"
Last edited by Archailist on June 18th, 2015, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aren on June 8th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Aren was hot and he was sweaty and he was tired. This heavier bronze armor was taking some getting used to, and the process was not a pleasant one; when compared with his much lighter leather vest, its weight felt downright oppressive. Still, it wouldn't get torn to pieces by the claws of a hungry wolf, so there was that, at least.

Wiping the sweat off his brow with his naked forearm, the Akalak wondered how long it would take before he felt truly comfortable in this new ensemble. It was always possible, he suspected, that he never would. Maybe he had worn lighter outfits for too long. Maybe one simply couldn't get used to having a piece of metal hanging from their bones at all, though perhaps it was simply he who wouldn't be able to get used to it.

As the giant walked between the trees of the Bronze Woods, he tried not to think too hard about the matter. Dwelling on it merely served to annoy and frustrate him, and it wouldn't make the task of acclimating any easier. Knowing, from experience, that something wasn't truly familiar until you reacted to it almost without consciously acknowledging it, Aren tried to let his discomfort fade into the background. It was a lot harder than it sounded, however, and the notion of an itch in a place that couldn't be scratched because the armor encased it soon began to creep into the forefront of his mind. What could he do, if presented with such a problem? Endure it as best he could, the warrior quickly concluded, although not without a visible grimace illustrating his thoughts.

Fortunately, Aren was soon distracted by the sound of a voice which emanated from beyond the cover of a grouping of thick trees. Curious, yet cautious, the Akalak drew his weapon, suspicious of the possibility that he had run into a group of brigands who might be hiding out somewhere in these woods.

Honestly, he wouldn't want to face anything more dangerous than a trout in his current condition, but trying to flee without any information might not be wise. They could be all over the forest, and he certainly wouldn't be able to outrun anybody, so Aren did his best to creep closer. Slowly, as silently as he was able, the warrior focused all of his senses on trying to discern his surrounding as well as possible. He wanted to be able to see them before they saw him, although he understood that his size and weight made that a difficult task, at the best of times.

As Aren drew nearer and nearer to the source of the sound, his worries faded with his inability to distinguish numerous voices. There was one or two individuals, which usually meant the group was too small to take to banditry, and the likelihood of them simply being ordinary travels or residents of the nearby city of Syliras was much higher.

Soon close enough to make out some general features of the object of his curiosity, the Akalak abandoned all pretense of stealth when he realized that there could be no doubt he had encountered another native of Riverfall. It had been a long time since he had met another like himself, and the azure giant erected himself to his full height without a moment's hesitation.

A slight smile crossed his lips as Aren raised his free hand in greeting. He said nothing, but it was obvious that he was glad to see a fellow Akalak, not giving much thought to whom the man might be.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on June 18th, 2015, 5:46 pm

This was supposed to be a relaxing day away from the ties of knighthood and all that hefty responsibility.. most of all, the ignorant self-centered Akalak stood before him.. perverting the sanctity and peace of the forest he'd come to adore and worship with his mere presence! Of all the days to come, of all the places to be, he just had to end up in the exact same spot. Was Lhex up to his old sneaky tricks, or was there something else behind this so-called chance encounter, he suddenly wondered while eyeing up the knight frozen in place. He'd never moved from the spot; arms held out to his sides and what can only be described as a glaring squint on his face that looked like a duck and an angry dog at the same time.

"The petch am I doing here? I could ask you the same question!" he suddenly shot back. The knight leaned back a little and huffed, but didn't even hesitate to throw back more shouts that could probably echo through the Kriital dens over the other side of the Cobalt Mountains.

"What, you think I've got nothing better to do with my time than to follow you around, huh? I bet that's what you were doing though." Apparently, great minds thought alike. What did either of them have to gain from following the other around though? Spying was hardly knight-worthy material.

"Just shut up and answer the question." Silence slowly enveloped the pair as the squirrel waited for an answer, Iros noticed just how guilty he looked completely ignoring the simple question... and some Akalak chose a ripe moment indeed to walk right underneath Arch, up to Iros, with a hand outstretched in greeting. Erm. Iros didn't take the hand, or greet the new Akalak in any way, shape or form - just stared for a long chime, confused as all shyke. Wasn't every day that someone he'd never met or even seen before just walked up out of nowhere and introduced himself without saying a word. They could have sat there and stared at each-other for an eternity, but... there were more interesting things to do. "Hey, Iros. Who's your handsome friend?" Well, someone had to break the ice.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aren on June 25th, 2015, 6:10 am

This other Akalak did not seem at all inclined to friendliness, apparently. Aren wasn't exactly surprised, though; his people could be rather... stiff. This was generally a trait he associated with some of the older members of his race, but he understood that sometimes it could be hard to be friendly after decades or centuries of dealing with other sentient beings. Even he felt that same desire to avoid the company of others, sometimes, and he was one of the worst representations of his own kind that he knew of.

"Its..." Aren chose his words carefully; he wasn't entirely certain as to the mood his fellow countryman was in, what with the man giving him the stink eye and all, so he decided to err on the side of caution, "...been a while since I've seen another Akalak." The mercenary tried to smile, to seem friendly, but the odd trajectory of a voice coming from above distracted him from the task.

Looking up into the branches of the tree, Aren couldn't tell where someone could be hiding up there. After a brief instant, however, he spotted the tiny form of an animal on one of the branches; it was something small, like a bird or a rodent. A squirrel, perhaps? Either way, it couldn't be responsible for producing the words that the Akalak had heard, had it?

Noticing there was something strange about the creature, Aren eyed it with more scrutiny, eventually realizing that it wasn't an animal at all. The Pycon, for that's what it seemed to be, was merely taking the shape of a squirrel. He couldn't be absolutely certain, but it didn't look quite as... organic, as the real furry little rodent whose features it had copied. Beyond that, squirrels couldn't generally speak, which added a great deal of weight to the giant's supposition.

"You guys seem to be a bit more common," Aren was just going with his assumption, as he peered into the trees above him. He had met several Pycon now, and he was confident that this was exactly what he was looking at. In addition, he was more than glad to jump on the chance the little clay construct gave him to get out of the awkward situation he had inadvertently placed himself in by trying to socialize with the other Akalak.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on July 14th, 2015, 11:12 pm

The muscles bunched on Iros' shoulders, but relaxed quickly afterwards as he nodded in agreement. "Understandable." He wasn't really sure what else to say, though; if he wanted to spend more time with other Akalak, he wouldn't have chosen to leave Riverfall in the first place. Just one quick glance over the blue man's body spoke volumes; obviously they didn't share a common interest. "I might have.. missed you. Looking a little small there, aren't you." His biceps looked like autumn sticks. "Dare say, my squire has better muscles than you.." he mumbled, only partially in jest.

Archailist, above, took that as his cue. A little focus and clay begun to reshape along his arms first, sculpting non-existent biceps and pectorals.. then abdominals, calves, triceps. Even though there was nothing there and even a touch would show he was every bit as soft as he was two chimes ago, his physique was every bit as sculpted, if not even more so, than Iros. "Maybe I could give you a hint or two, eh? You know you could do with a bit of beefing, laddie." His arms flexed, causing the biceps to bulge to unrealistic proportions, while he shot down a cheeky grin. "And I assure you.. we 'guys' may be common, but me? There's only one of me."

"Thank Wysar for that." Ser Iros muttered darkly under his breath and clenched fists again, resisting the overwhelming urge to give the smug little Pycon a vacation through the tree he hung from. ".. Sorry for my squire. He's a bit insufferable, in case you hadn't already noticed." He held out one thick crimson hand to shake. "Iros. Ser Iros." For a chime, his voice dropped a fraction lower. "Eyris."
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 13th, 2016, 1:36 am

Behold The Journey's Spoils!

Archailist
Skills
  • Riding(dog) 1
  • Climbing 1
  • Deduction 1
  • Jesting 1
  • Rhetoric 1
Lores
  • Climbing: Filling bark cracks with clay
  • Iros: sleeps in the forest?
  • No peace from Iros.
  • Jesting: Sculpting to be buff.
  • Having a laugh at someone else’s expense.
  • Iros…Not sure if insulting or complimenting.
Miscellaneous
    Misc: I could award No acro, no obs and no social because you’re maxed on ALL 3!

Aren
Skills
    Aren Pm me when you get back and deduct your expenses for fall and you’ll get your grades :D

In all honesty i'm kinda sad about this, it looked like it could have been an interesting thread but seeing it, stall before it even got of the start line is a bit of a shame, still enjoy your grades.

Here.
Have a gold star.
(Feel free to click it.)

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes