PM to join [The Bronze Wood] A Strong Branch Here, a Rock Over There

Terag takes a stroll through the woods, hopefully finding some wood and perhaps someone other than himself - hopefully they didn't catch him singing!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Wood] A Strong Branch Here, a Rock Over There

Postby Tanna on May 28th, 2015, 10:53 am

Watching him advance, the Drykas swallowed, knowing what would be next. She offered a small nod in affirmation as her eyes shut and took a deep breath to try and stay her nerves. Her attention then shifted to Coosa and her hand flexed and clenched within the mare's now messy, frosted mane. She'd have to let go for him to have a better chance of aiding her and it was something she wasn't sure she was ready for.

Coosa had not only been Tanna's constant companion since the two set off from the Sea of Grass but had acted as her protector, confidant and silent adviser. Even the mere presence of the mare brought a sense of calm to the woman - like a mother to a child - and, in this moment, with her body wracked with pain, she wasn't sure if she was ready to let go. The sensation of fear was one she did not regularly experience – at least not since leaving the dangers of Cyphrus behind – and she felt a shiver run down her spine. As much as she knew this stranger meant her no harm, it had been immensely easier dealing with him while in contact with the horse and she had a sudden feeling of vertigo hit her, as if she might plummet into some free fall the moment contact with her horse was severed.

But she did let go, placing her entire trust in the man as he set a hand on her good shoulder.

Wait.” She heard Coosa nicker and blow and glanced over to the mare. Offering a weak smile to the man, she gently removed his hand long enough to address the horse, giving the mare a solid pat, this becoming a shove as she uttered encouragingly, “Away, Coosa.” Her hand waved the horse off for good measure.

The mare hesitated and nickered before turning away but she did not wander far. Pausing, the bay horse watched intently, ears turned towards the pair and remained alert until she was certain no danger would come to her rider. Once this was established, she lowered her head to begin grazing.

Satisfied, Tanna returned to the man and readied herself. Perhaps if she had been in a better state she would have thought to offer up her sash as a sling rather than his cloak, something she'd likely feel guilty about later on once it did come to her. As it were, she merely stood there, trying her best to remain as calm and pliable as possible but this was no easy feat. Even small knocks against her left arm caused immense discomfort and a deep furrow formed upon her brow. Despite this, she merely kept her jaw clenched and eyes on his face as she tried to think of anything but the pain she was feeling.

There was some noticeable relief once the sling was fastened despite how basic it was. He had managed to secure it well enough that it served its purpose, supporting her forearm in a position that was comfortable and kept the tension off the shoulder joint. Breathing easier, she offered him a small but warm and ever grateful smile as she moved a hand towards the top of his left shoulder, intending on giving it a squeeze before he pulled away to further stress her gratitude, "
Thank you.." She stumbled, then, realising she hadn't gotten his name amid all the kerfuffle, yet managed a quick, "It is good. Helps."

It was her time to go pink in the cheek once he formally began to address her numerous questions and she made a sound through her nose much like a stifled laugh, "
Oh, aye.. Sorry. Lots of questions.. I talk much. Tanna the talker." She gave an uneasy chuckle as her lips drew into a rather self-deprecating smile that could equally be seen as a grimace.

She watched as he shifted his sleeve up and showed interest in the marking around the junction of his arm and body, head tilting as if that might help her to see it better but, in actuality, it only cause a sharp but fleeting jolt of pain to shoot through her shoulder and neck and she couldn't hide the knee-jerk wince that twisted her features. Recovering easily enough, she brushed her fingers unconsciously over the windmark that graced her neck and chest and mutter whilst still fixated on the way the shiny black colouration gave way to normal light skin, "
That mark." Her eyes lifted to his face as a curious look replaced the pained one that had been there, "It mean something? Like this one," she laid her hand flat against her decolletage. "You have arm to show what you are. I have these to show what I am. Drykas. Windmarks." She smiled openly then, proud of herself.

Speaking of the Gods gave her pause and she suddenly wondered if they weren't as universal as she had believed. Did other cultures, other peoples have their own Gods? She had been exposed to various deities she hadn't known existed during her brief time in Riverfall and, again, during an impromptu visit to the Temple of All Gods but, as far as she knew, the Gods were the Gods. They were everywhere. Did these Isurians have different names for these same Gods? Her mind whirled just contemplating it all and she found herself blurting, "
You do not know Semele.. but you do that?" She motioned to the soil he had drawn upward from the ground. She couldn't even fathom not knowing Zulrav so she let that be. Surely it was a misunderstanding due to the language barrier.

It was all very fascinating, though, amazing actually, if not a bit too much for her shaken mind to handle. "
It is good," her words were sincere and it was obvious by tone and expression that she meant far more than just 'good', "but is your Izerden God of ground..? Like Semele, the mother. Has He bless you so you can do," she paused briefly as her brown eyes flicked back down to the stone-like sphere that was now in his upturned palm, "that?" Glancing back to his face, her own was filled with wonder and he could see this only made her eager to volley more questions at him.

Their conversation was interrupted as Coosa whinnied loudly in a manner that caused the Drykas to whip around to look in the horses direction. It seemed her mare had noticed the man crouched in the trees yet she still saw nothing. Concerned, she raised a limp hand upwards, as if indicating to the man to wait. Something was not right. "
Coosa, what is it?" Not that the mare could answer, only pawing at the ground in reply.

OOComg I am so sorry that this turned out so long! I even tried to tame it down.. she just has so many questions D; Hopefully I gave you something to work with, Noah, and welcome c:

PaviGrass-signCommonTukantOthers
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Noah Amuel on May 29th, 2015, 7:47 am

Noah breathed steadily as he crouched within the treeline along the perimeter of the clearing and watched the two strangers with a strain of his neck. He was afraid to move because if he did so he might blow his cover and the strangers' motivations had yet been revealed. However, this vantage point had proved to be no longer bearable and thus he willed himself to move. He gripped the sparse grass in his hands as he crawled awkwardly from behind one tree to another. He strained to keep his feet from stepping on dead leafy remains of last Fall and let out a small groan as he exhaled, realizing that he had been holding his breath the entire time.

Quickly he hushed himself and cursed at his slip up. Sneaking around was proving to not be his forte, admittedly. With that great amount of effort to traverse a couple of trees his vantage point improved only slightly. Noah refocused his attention to the couple of strangers in the clearing and watched as the man released the woman from what appeared to be a hug. With a furrowed brow he leaned in, bracing his weight against the trunk of the tree he was currently behind. The woman now appeared to be holding a sash across the arm she was holding close to her body.

The Kelvic was confused even more now. Why'd the woman have the sash? Why'd the man give her a sash? Who was the cause of all that noise? Where was the horse? At the last question his eyes darted around now alert. Where was the horse? He scanned the clearing and, more importantly, the space beside the woman that the horse no longer occupied. Noah pushed himself off the tree and slowly crept backwards but, due to his bad footing, caught the crook of a tree's root on his heel and tripped backwards onto the dirt.

He groaned as he sat up and put a hand to the back of his head where it had come in contact with something hard. He peered behind himself and noticed another tree's exposed root peeking from beneath the ground. Noah's head whipped around again as a loud cry could be heard coming from in front of him. The horse appeared at the tree he had been behind and stared the Kelvic down as she whinnied.

The hairs on Noah's nape were sent to a stand as he scrambled to his feet. "Easy girl, er, boy," he said, putting his hands up in proclaimed innocence. "Easy." He watched with wide eyes as the horse padded at the ground with her hoof, whinnied, and tossed its head about. The horses tail was also whipping behind it in a full display of aggression.

"Shush now, shush," he continued to try and keep the horse calm to no avail. Noah swallowed hard as the horse grew louder but failed to enter the thicket of the woods. Perhaps it knew better than to go into enclosed places? Either way, he was sure that the horse wanted his hide. Terror and anxiety gripped Noah's frame and face as he backed himself into a tree.

OOCDon't apologize for the length! It's always good to hunker down and read it all. Also, I hope that it's okay that I assumed what Coosa would do in such a situation.
Last edited by Noah Amuel on May 29th, 2015, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noah Amuel
Zulrav's Golden Eagle

Words: 295310
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2014, 9:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on May 29th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Terag appreciated her moving the strider away from they. He wouldn't admit it, but the mount made him quite uneasy right now. Partially because he had never truly interacted with one before and the rest because he was sure an animal of that size could easy bring him down if he wasn't careful.

"The mark at my shoulder? I do not know the name for it but I know it means that I am blessed by my god. It is not limited to my people if I remember correctly, but the arm is. My mark lets me do much more than just move the earth to my will. But yes I guess you are right. Many people have ways to identify who they are to others, for my people it is our arms and for you I guess it is your Windmarks. I suppose some are more beautiful to see though," he had said in response to her question about the mark on his shoulder meaning something. He couldn't help but look down at her marks as she had spoken about them again and he almost got lost in the pattern for a moment. If nothing else her people sure had beautiful markings.

Next she had begun to talk about gods and what he had been able to do with the ground. He figured that this god, Semele, must be important to her and her people. Though he still had no idea what the god or goddess was even capable of or what her followers were able to do. "No, I do not know Semele. But yes, this isn't because of the blessing of my god. This is more the fault of my father." He couldn't help but clench his teeth for a moment as he remembered the painful memory of his introduction to Reimancy and having res introduced into his body. With a soft sigh he brought his right hand up to scratch the back of his head as he continued to speak, "I can tell you what my mark from Izurdin lets me do later. Most of my people recognize him as the God of Strength. He gave my people the strength in our bodies, the patience that can leave the mountains in awe, and all of our skills in crafting. Your goddess might be 'the mother' but mine is our father. Or at least, the father of my people."

He was about to ask Tanna another question, her name he had finally learned due to her self-deprecating comment, when he heard Coosa whinny. The woman seemed immediately concerned, and her raised hand made him think he should probably stay his tongue. There had yet been anything that might make Terag concerned, but as he hadn't noticed the large mount and her rider until it was too late he figured he should play it cautiously. He turned and stepped away from Tanna, making his way slowly to his spear and pocketing the stone sphere. He picked up his weapon and slowly made his way towards the edge of the clearing. Terag gave Coosa a wide berth, but he tried to look into the woods. He couldn't see anything, but for a moment he thought he had heard something fall in the woods and then something that almost sounded like words. Animals didn't make sounds that sounded like words, right? "Hello?" he called out, "Is anyone there?" Terag wasn't in any sort of threatening stance, though his right hand tightened a bit on his spear as he waited for a response.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanna on June 2nd, 2015, 9:29 am

There was so much she wanted to say, so much she wanted to ask but Coosa had drawn her attention away and effectively ended their little chat. She shot the strange man one final long look before reluctantly turning, steps taking her away as she closed the gap between herself and her mount.

Coosa, easy, girl, easy. What is it, what do you see?” Her left hand fumbled as it tried to sign with the right out of habit and thus the message she meant to send was horribly askew. It did not seem to matter, the Strider was far too fixated on something withing the treeline and it wasn't in the woman's nature to ever dismiss her horse's actions – no matter how strong and subtle they may be.

Moving her good hand to her face, she pushed all the hair that had fallen loose of her braid out of her face and behind her right ear before moving to do the left. It was then she noticed a single hair had caught itself on the small, slightly weepy graze that she hadn't realised she had on her cheek and she winced lightly at the sharp sensation as the hair peeled away from the abrasion. Grumbling inwardly, she cursed herself for her doing what she had done to get herself tossed from her horse.

Coosa, come..” She held her good hand out as she approached the horse, gaze shifting between the mare and the treeline as she did so. Her eyes narrowed as she peered into the treeline, trying to see what might be hidden there. Suddenly, she thought she saw movement and her brows pinched as she hastened her steps towards her horse. She was wary of whatever had caused her mare to act in such a defensive manner but she didn't want a repeat of what happened earlier between Coosa and the Izurian. It was then she realised she still didn't know the man's name and her cheeks and neck burned; it had been some time since she was this out of sorts. She blamed the previous evening and the drinks that had been had.

The horse eventually backed away from the threat in the trees after heaving a low nicker and snort. The mare's ears swivelled before the horse tossed her head and then turned, walking towards her rider.

Smiling out of sheer relief, her whole body relaxed as she ran her hand up the mare's muzzle, giving the golden neck a good pat, “
That's a good girl. What's there. What's gotten you all prickly, hmm?” Her attention drifted to the man, watching as he walked along the treeline with spear in hand and heard him as he called out to whatever might be within. Feeling more confident now that she had her mare at her side, she, too, lent her voice, “We mean no harm.” Or, more importantly, she meant no harm. It wasn't as if she could do much with her arm in the sling. She couldn't vouch for the man.

Tanna
words & whims

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Noah Amuel on June 6th, 2015, 5:17 am

The Kelvic felt pale against the tree. The fright had drained the color from his face and put a cold sweat on his skin. He watched as the horse tossed its mane and flicked its tail wildly. Slowly, he edged against the tree until he found it safe enough to take cover behind and peer at the horse from the other side.

Noah's breath was shaky. What do I do? he wondered. Running was the first thing on his mind, his legs even took the steps backwards towards the way he had came. As his breathing calmed, however, the sounds of the horse's wild stamping and neighing came to a stop almost as quickly as it had started.

Thoughts raced through the frightened man's mind as he took further steps backwards, leaving the safety of the tree's trunk while reaching out behind him in search of the next makeshift shelter. Noah had to stop himself to think in rational thoughts. The horse had stopped its assault and now only the hushed whispers of the wind and soft cooing of birds could be heard overhead.

Noah let out a soft breath and listened. Muffled voices could be heard coming from the treeline. He assumed the voices were being produced by the two people that once stood in the middle of the clearing, however, their intentions remained unclear and thus gave him reason to remain hidden amongst the trees. Noah also had reason to believe that one of those people had been injured, given his original objective for investigating the loud whinnying in the first place.

Perhaps the horse was the cause of it all? The Kelvic didn't put it past the beast based off of what it nearly did to him. He nodded in a silent affirmation before standing and walking back towards the clearing with careful steps. Not careful enough as he crunched on several patches of fallen leaves as he moved.

"Hello?" he called out, moving still. He came to the perimeter of the clearing again and spotted the now empty space the horse once occupied. "Hello?" he called again, this time louder. He emerged from the treeline in that space and looked from side to side. To his left was the man with the spear, patrolling the treeline further in search of Noah. To his right was the woman and the horse.

Words failed to come from his mouth as he stared at the woman and the horse. She was the horse's owner, probably, given how she was being so affectionate to it and how the horse had responded so calmly to her touch. The sash came to his attention, too. It acted as a makeshift sling he discovered and thus his curiosity was sated... for the moment. The woman had injured her arm, obviously, but to what?

"I'm sorry I scared your horse," he said dryly, licking his lips afterwards.
Noah Amuel
Zulrav's Golden Eagle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on June 8th, 2015, 6:51 am

He heard a voice echo out from the woods, while not in front of him he had been on the right track it seemed at least. A rather tall, at least by Terag's standard, man emerged from the woods. He seemed nothing more than a normal human to Terag, though he did seem strange. However that wasn't particularly out of the ordinary either - all of the people here seemed weird to say the least.

When the man had emerged from the woods Terag had spun to his right, and was about to aim his spear right into the man's face before the man spoke up and apologized to Tanna for scaring her animal. Worried that he might set her mount off again, he tried not to take an aggressive stance, though he still kept his weapon out in front of him while he addressed the new-comer.

"Well, it would seem that the woods has quite a few people in it today. I do not think you only scared the animal, I am sure you scared its mount and myself a good amount as well. I do not want to seem too rude or anything, but who are you? Why are you here?" Terag watched the stranger closely, though he was actually trying this time not to seem threatening he was just playing it safe. It was hard to trust someone, especially when they randomly emerged from the woods, just like with Tanna. Even though he had helped her, he was still unsure if he could still really trust her. For now, however, there was something else to focus on: the man in front of him.

He took a step closer, moving to a more comfortable distance though what he thought would be safe if the man might want to jump or charge at him. The spear was used almost like a walking stick, the buttspike lightly being placed onto the ground as he walked and once he stopped it stayed between him and the new comer. For good measure he even had his left hand on the front of his hip, ready to move it up should confrontation arise. Hopefully none would, perhaps this man knew Tanna though so he figured he should still continue playing it safe.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanna on June 10th, 2015, 11:45 am

Once the threat emerged from the trees looking decidedly confused and turned around, Tanna voiced her surprise, "Oh! Hello." She had expected something... worse. Something bigger. Hairier. Monster-like. But this was just a man.

Although Tanna knew anyone could be dangerous, she was of the camp that tended to err on the side of good faith, believing everyone to be good until they proved themselves otherwise. This man might be taller than both herself and the Isur who had just helped her, but he was also considerably lither, especially compared to her broad and squat companion and, thus, his appearance did not lend him to seeming like a dastardly sort. His mannerisms also made her feel like he meant them no harm. Unfortunately, it seemed the Isur did not share her sentiment.

Tanna watched the Isur handle his spear and noted his body language and how it appeared to her that he would remain on the defensive. She understood yet felt a pang of pity for the newcomer. Hardly a confrontational sort, she had little intention of stepping on the shorter man's toes - especially since he had been kind enough to have helped her with her shoulder - yet she felt a need to intervene.

Taking a step forward, she kept her good arm looped around the mare's neck, trying to ease the tension in the air. "
As much as it is true that you gave us fright... you seem to mean no harm," she looked at the Isur as she said this, eyeing him, hoping he might put his spear away. Finally glancing back to the newcomer, she offered him a small yet welcoming smile, "I am Tanna.. and I believe you met Coosa." Her gaze flicked towards the Isur then, hoping he might voice his name as well. Turning her attention to her mare, her hand moved to give the horse's neck a pat. Coosa blew before snuffing at her mess of hair - now mostly loose save for a few stubborn tresses that remained in the side braid she had earlier plaited her hair in. Smiling more broadly, she playfully pushed the mare's head away.

She looked back towards the newcomer and then split her attention between the two men. Feeling the need to further show that no one here meant anyone any harm, she took the necessary steps to draw her closer to both before angling herself in the newcomer's direction. Coosa began to follow out of habit yet the blonde whistled for the mare anyways to be sure, never once turning her gaze from the taller man.

She paused when she was a few strides away, still wearing that same, warm, welcoming smile. Cocking her head towards the horse, she instantly regretted doing so as a jolt of pain shot up her neck from her shoulder. Recovering from her wince, she finally spoke, "
Would you like to say hello to her? Show you are no threat?" It was becoming apparent to her that not everyone was comfortable with horses - as odd of a concept that was for her - so she figured it couldn't hurt to also let this new person familiarise himself with her horse as she had with the other man. Less likelihood of Coosa spooking again, which was always a good thing. Plus, it could help further show the Isur that all was well.

Tanna
words & whims

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Noah Amuel on June 11th, 2015, 5:56 am

The man’s sudden, yet confusing, confrontation gave Noah pause. Words failed to come to his mouth again. All that he could see was the sharp tip of the man’s spear threatening to pierce his hide if the wielder so willed it. However, the man held his spear upright, with its butt on the ground and its tip pointing upwards to the sky. Still, Noah felt uneasy in its presence. The man’s voice also intimidated the Kelvic and Noah’s flight instinct caused him to take a precarious half-step backwards towards the Wood he had come from as the man took a step forward.

The man with the spear appeared to be studying Noah as Noah studied him. They seemingly sized one another up checking if they were threats to each other’s safety. Noah didn’t aim to appear as such and hoped the man’s thoughts aligned. The woman’s voice pierced Noah’s internal tension and caused his eyes to dart from the man to her. He focused his sights on her face, pupils dilating oddly as he did so, and took in her details. She was plain in the face with a subtle beauty. Her freckles, as he assumed they were, speckled her face with no pattern in mind and made her appear charming. He appreciated her plain beauty as it contrasted greatly with the short, yet stout, man’s gruff aura.

He blinked, knocking himself loose of his trance, and tried to make sense of her words as he hadn’t been listening. He caught her name: Tanna, and her horses name: Coosa. He nodded to her in affirmation and voiced his own name. “I’m Noah,” he said, placing a hand on his heart. He watched as Tanna patted the neck of Coosa and felt himself relax at the connection between rider and horse. Tanna playfully shoved the horse and Noah caught her smile. He smiled himself, only slightly, before reminding himself of the man meters away from him with a spear.

Tanna took the initiative to move closer to Noah and the man. Her movements put the Kelvic at ease and he relaxed even more. She seemingly angled herself towards him and beamed at him with a contagious smile. At least she’s friendly, Noah thought as he mimicked Tanna’s smile. Suddenly, though, her smile faded to that of a grimace when she moved her head. Noah’s eyes shot to her sashed-up arm and he connected to the grimace to the sling.

He drew in a breath to speak but was cut short by Tanna’s invitation. Gladly, he nodded and took the steps towards Tanna that also brought him further away from the spear wielding man – much to his relief. Butterflies fluttered up in his stomach and chest as he approached Coosa. First he held out a hand tentatively to the mare’s snout, giving her time to take in his scent before he took small steps closer to Coosa and Tanna. Noah’s hand hovered near Coosa’s nostrils. He watched for a reaction from the mare and her rider before moving anymore.

“I came to see if there was trouble,” he said, glancing between Tanna and Coosa rapidly as he edged closer to them. “I heard a cry,” he continued. “I thought there was a fight or a struggle. I found you three and was too frightened to show myself. I didn’t know if you two were friendly or not and if it was you or Coosa that made that noise.” He looked at Tanna’s arm in the sash. “Are you alright?”
Noah Amuel
Zulrav's Golden Eagle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on June 11th, 2015, 7:25 am

Trying not to seem cold or intimidating was hard for Terag in this sort of situation. He felt compelled almost not to believe the new comer. Regardless of looks, his time seeing mages and what magic was capable taught Terag that anyone could be infinitely more threatening than they appeared. However, despite that there was a fear in this man's eyes. Something about that made him just think that perhaps he was more scared of Terag than Terag was of him. In his hesitation Tanna had begun to speak to the man and introduce herself. Perhaps he should try relaxing more. Not everyone was out to get him, or at least he hopped so.

After the man gave his name, Noah, Terag sighed gently and stuck his spear into the ground with its buttspike in the dirt. His weapon shook lightly before coming to stop before he finally introduced himself. "Well, I guess she iss right. You don't seem like you mean any harm, and neither do we. Or at least I assume she does not. My name is Terag." His voice showed he was still a bit on edge but was trying to calm down, but since he wasn't focusing as hard on his speach his accent came through thicker than ever. The words still sounded a bit harsh and cold due to his isurian accent but hopefully the other two would pick up it was a result of his accent rather than his feelings.

As Noah walked towards Tanna and Coosa, Terag did the same and left his spear behind yet again. Although, he came around to the side to where Tanna was standing and doing his best to avoid the horse without making it too obvious. He didn't want to admit it but the mount still set him a bit on edge. He doubt others of the same species would do the same, but he was special. With his blackened hand he scratched the back of his head before running it over his goatee and speaking, "I think the sound came from th- err, Coosa."

After speaking he was reminded of something: he was the shortest of the three of them. He wasn't quite sure why this bothered him, but it did. While he didn't purposely do anything, subconsciously he began to try to stand a little straighter to 'equal' the playing field. He didn't want to be looked down for most anything, and even though it was inevitable for it to be a literal thing due to his stature it didn't mean that he liked it.

He didn't ask Tanna again about her arm, or the possible pain she was in as Noah had already done it. But, since Noah had drawn attention to it again he couldn't help but worry a bit about her again. Perhaps he should try to get her to some sort of healer or something, or at least get her back to the city at some point.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanna on June 12th, 2015, 3:34 am

The blonde's smile grew broader, revealling big teeth as she watched Noah extend his hand to her mount. Careful this time, she turned her whole body to get a better view of both the man and her horse so as to not just turn her head and cause herself pain. "There.. good.. see? She mean you no harm.." Her eyes remained on Noah for another tick before they flicked to her golden mount, her features softening as she patted her friend's neck, "And he mean you no harm." Coosa huffed and blew at the man's hand yet remained as relaxed as her rider. It was then Tanna thought of the stouter man. Terag.

She took a step back and swung herself around to face their stout companion and offered another disarming smile, "
No harm. None of us." The emphasis was for his benefit - Tanna did not want there to be any more tension in the air. The other man, Noah, had proved he was no threat and she only hoped the shorter of the three would accept this and relax. She still had so many questions stewing in her head, the last thing she wanted was for the shorter man, Terag, to withdraw due to his apprehensions. She did not want him feeling uncomfortable.

It was as Terag mentioned Coosa as the possible culprit that she laughed. It was a hearty sound that tapered off almost immediately after it left her lips - the actions causing her shoulder to flare - before she offered them both a tight smile through the pain. Doing what she could to distract herself from the most recent surge, she worked to wrangled her mess of hair over her right shoulder, a hand smoothing over her tangled tresses as she offered, "
No, no fight. But sound was likely me." Despite a faint colour touching her speckled cheeks, she appeared rather unselfconscious about it all and waved her good hand as if to shoo away Noah's worries, "I will be fine. Made silly error and fell from horse." Her attention turned to Terag, "I'm lucky Terag was here to help me with sling." The smile she gave Terag was genuine and, judging by how she omitted him from her story, it was clear she did not blame him for what had happened. It was her, after all, who had made the rookie mistake that had sent her horse running.

It was then she noticed that both men were looking at not just her but her shoulder and she moved her good hand to touch the bit of cloak that billowed near her elbow. She was in pain, for sure, but it was a sort of pain that now only came in waves. There were times she found it tolerable but, perhaps, their concern was not misplaced. Clearing her throat, she glanced between the two before asking, "
Do you two have more business in woods?" Her brown eyes shifted to Coosa before moving back to Noah and the Terag, "If not, I would not mind company back to city..." she paused, lips spreading wide as she thought of something, "If one or both are going that way, of course. Might be best for me to see someone about this." Her good hand moved to gesture to her slung arm.

Finally, her eyes rested on Terag as she added, "
Sling helps, though. Less pain... thank you."

OOCHope it's ok I move things along! I'm happy to continue with them talking as they walk back to the city if either of you want to accompany her.

Tanna
words & whims

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext