Closed [Avalis' Gift] Does Fortune smile on you?

Nyria's first day working at a small fortune tellers known as Avalis' gift

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Avalis' Gift] Does Fortune smile on you?

Postby Nyria Ly'Mata on June 3rd, 2015, 1:53 pm

Nyria had called out to him several times, but each time it seemed as if her did not hear her, it wasn't until Nyria was right next to him did he react to her presence on the docks. However, he was not too phased when her pale hand placed the coin in his hand, most others would have thought her a pickpocket and no doubt made her regret it, and with a defeated sigh, he admitted defeat.
"Alright, you win. I'll keep the money, but you get a personal favor from me, anything you want." Nyria spied his figiting hands as she pondered the favour, a favour from someone who could one day rise up the ranks of the Syliran Knights could prove useful, but also very manipulative. "So... Have you been here long? In Syliras I mean. I can show you around the city if you want, or... hmmm... I could give you a few lessons in unarmed combat, but I don't think you would like that."

Nyria shook her head at the offer to train her in unarmed combat with a slight chuckle.
"We, Konti, are a rather peaceful race, we've little need to learn how to fight." Nyria informed him, and noticed the sadness in his face. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you, it's rather complicated to explain." Nyria felt a tad guilty for seemingly offending him, even though she had not, but Garland changed the subject rather swiftly.

"Do you have family? I-I mean if you don't want to talk about your family, that's fine too! I was just wondering, but if it's too personal I understand." Nyria noticed him blush and her eyebrows knotted in confusion, she did not understand why he was getting so flustered. "S-Sorry, it's just... Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm not very good with talking, I'll be honest. I just... mess up when I talk with someone new, well... sometimes, mostly the ones that are a bit too... Ummm... What's the word?" Nyria shrugged at his question, she knew not what word he seeked and if she was perfectly honest it was rather fun watching him be so nervous. "I get all flustered when I talk to someone... so welcoming? Eh... That sounded better in my head. Gods... I'm making a fool of myself aren't I? I should probably just shut up and leave. Oh! No no no, I should walk you home, that would be rude of me to just leave, unless you want me to leave, of course. Why can't I stop talking? I'm just going on and on and on, and this is starting to look strange. Ummm... I'm sorry?"

"You have no need to worry, sir Garland, you're making a rather interesting first impression. I'd rather be in the company of an interesting man who knows he's a fool, than a man who makes himself a fool trying to be interesting. As for your earlier question, I do have a family, my mother, grandmother and two sisters, all of whom are back in Mura. I've actually only been here a few days, at my mother's request... she feared I was too naive and because of it vulnerable on the Konti Isles." Nyria did not seem phased by admitting this, whereas other's may have hid the truth, but her Konti gifts made it easy to tell Garland was not one she should fear or distrust.
Nyria Ly'Mata
Player

Words: 11407
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2015, 9:40 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on June 3rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

He stammered on like a complete idiot and she seemed to be enjoying herself. What is it with women and laughing at him when he messes up? Don't they usually just leave before things get even weirder? Women were still a mystery to him.

"You have no need to worry, sir Garland, you're making a rather interesting first impression. I'd rather be in the company of an interesting man who knows he's a fool, than a man who makes himself a fool trying to be interesting. As for your earlier question, I do have a family, my mother, grandmother and two sisters, all of whom are back in Mura. I've actually only been here a few days, at my mother's request... she feared I was too naive and because of it vulnerable on the Konti Isles."

"Well, I'm glad I'm entertaining~" He smiled and gave a small bow. "And it seems you have a fairly large family, I envy you." He frowned though he more looked like he looked more like he was in thought rather than sad. "You're mother sent you here? Well, there's no place safer than in Syliras." He looked around and saw that the night was starting to creep in, the sun had set and only a small glimpse of the sun's orange rays could be seen over the horizon.

He gave slight pause and looked over to the sides of the docks, the lights in businesses were still on and the sounds of people finishing their hard work were resonating along with the sounds of the waves lapping on the beams of the docks. "Still... I would rather have you back home soon, even if this place is the safest, there are still people wanting to take advantage of unsuspecting passerby. Don't get me wrong, the knights can deliver swift justice from time to time, but sometimes the damage might already be done."

He looked around and noticed that it was right around the time that Garland left his supposed shift, though mostly he was walked around the city, trying to look like he was doing something important. Which in essence is basically patrolling.

"Do want to go out for a drink?" He asked rather suddenly and bluntly, almost not thinking what he was saying.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aladari Coolwater on February 13th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Your grades have been spotted!
________

Garland

■ Negotiation: +2
■ Bartering: +1
■ Flirting: + 2

Lores
Lore of Flirting Accidentally
Lore of Konti: Stubborn
Lore of Location: Avalis' Gift
Lore of Negotiation: Paying with a Favor

________

Comments:

I didn't give you any lores on Nyria since she appears to be absent. If you would like some, just let me know.

Don't forget to delete your post in the grading queue, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me about your grade!

template by Orakan
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes