Closed [The Ironworks] Children of the Mountain (Terisa)

Terag and Terisa meet for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Ironworks] Children of the Mountain (Terisa)

Postby Terag on June 18th, 2015, 11:32 pm

12th of Summer, 515AV

It was getting late in the day, but those inside The Ironworks cared little about the outside world as they worked. Terag was no exception as he was hard at work doing one of the few things he loved: Crafting. Unfortunately for the others he was doing something else he enjoyed: Singing. All while he worked he sung, today repeating words from an Isurian song that he had heard as a kid. "...Work the forge for your brethren. Work the forge for Izurdin. We will bring honor, honor to our people and clan...", could be heard clearly if someone was close to him but the farther they stood the more the tings and clangs of working metal would cover his singing.

He wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his right hand, avoiding his left hand entirely while he worked. He could hear his master's words still: Be careful of your left hand while you work, our arms hold the heat of the forge. If you're not careful you'll burn yourself. And so his left harm kept hold of the chisel in his hand. The small blade he was working on was held in place by a grip fashioned to his tool rack, metal as to not be burned or caught fire from the hot metal. Once more he brought his right hand up, and the hammer in it, and brought it down onto the chisel to further cut off metal. He was creating small gaps in the edge of the blade, large enough for a sword to fit and not much larger, so that the weapon could grab an opponent's blade and snap it off. A sword-breaker was a nasty tool in a fight and it was just another weapon that Terag needed to know.

Two more swing of the hammer and her finished the last indent on this end of the metal. With a sigh of relief, as this was one of the few things during smithing that made him somewhat nervous, he put the chisel and hammer into his apron. He grabbed the still hot metal in his left hand and use his right to untwist the clamp until it let go of his work. His song finally began to die down as he looked over the blade for blemishes, found the tip still wanting, and gently placed the weapon back into the forge. While he waited he put his onyx-colored left hand into the water beside the anvil, and a small amount of steam came up from the water. "Yeah that would have hurt to put against my skin." Again he thanked his masters for teaching him about his arm conducting heat, and he thanked Izurdin too.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terisa on June 19th, 2015, 12:05 am

Terisa walked through the Ironworks, she held a plate of iron underneath her right arm. She could hear some one singing, and it wasn't that bad. Sense she was low on supplies, she might as well visit the man. To ask for metals, of course. She started to walk towards the source of the singing, she started to listen to the song a bit more, it seemed familiar... That... That is a Isurian song... Interesting. Terisa continued towards the noise, it was getting louder as she approached. That is when the Isurian song started to die down, getting softer and softer. She managed to get to the singing man just when he stopped singing... Just from there she could tell the man was a Isur, part of the Pitrius Clan. "Yeah that would of hurt to put against my skin" Said the Isurian. "Yeah, that would have." Terisa said in Isurian, she stared at the rising steam from the Isurian onyx colored arm. "Do you have any metal, I would like to work on my shoulder pad." Terisa said, raising her purple arm, showing the iron disk.
Terisa
Player

Words: 2888
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2015, 9:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on June 19th, 2015, 5:37 pm

He heard a voice, feminine. He turned towards the voice to find an Isurian, something he hadn't expected to see at his work. The only other Isur that he had heard about in Syliras was Ros and more often than not Terag wouldn't see him. What more, the woman was speaking in fluent Isurian, a relief to his ears.

"Metal? No, I do not have anything spare. The only metal I have right now is for the sword breaker in the forge." As he spoke he pointed a thumb over his shoulder at the open forge with the weapon inside, You can probably grab some more from the smith in charge if you really need to. But who are you? I haven't seen you before here, are you new or have we just not met? My name is Terag." He extended his left hand for her to shake, after he wiped it off on his apron.

He took this moment to look her over and try to figure out just who she was. He knew she must be an armorer, since she had talked about working on a shoulder pad. Her face was a little dirty, a common enough sight for a smith when working with any sort of metal, and her hair was tied up in a neat bun as much Isurian women tended to keep their hair, and it was black - much like his own left arm. Her skin and the veins were white adn silver, again normal enough. Her right arm however stood out the most, being purple and signaling that she was part of the Terras clan, a clan of master smiths. "Oh, you're a Terras? What are you doing here in Syliras, don't the women of Terras usually stay home and master smithing?"
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terisa on June 19th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Terisa nodded at the information, most likely after the conversation she would go out and track down the metal. "Yeah, most of the Terras Clan stay home, but my mother went out to discover more blacksmithing strategies. She sort of set down roots here, I was born, and here I am. Also I have been here for a couple years, just we haven't met." Terisa said in Isurian, she began to wonder why a Pitrius clan member was here as well, from what her mother told her, they were masters of Djed. Terisa walks past the Isurian man and looked at the Sword breaker. Terisa nodded at the blade in the forge, she walked towards him.

Now what is a Pitrius clan doing here? Mother told me that most of the time that the Pitrius study magic." Terisa said, she stared at the Isur's black arm, the silver veins popped, the two colors clashing. Terisa was really interested in this Isur, she hasn't really seen that mushy Isurian in Syrilas... She didn't mind it all that much, it was nice talking in Isurian. Terisa was also curious why this Pitrius was not making a magic item, apparently they are naturals at magic and stuff like that.
Terisa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on June 22nd, 2015, 2:09 am

"Oh? Well I suppose that makes sense, not many left Sultros though until a years back. Well, I'm glad to meet another Isur finally, and it's a pleasure to meet you." He tried to keep his smile going, pulling his hand back that she hadn't decided to shake. When she walked a bit closer he just raised his eyebrow for a moment but otherwise did nothing.

"Ah, I suppose it is only fair that I answer the same question that I asked you. Trust me, if my father had it his way than I would have stayed home and studied quite a bit more magic like the other Pitrius kids. I learned a bit but I decided the forge was a much better place to put my time." As he spoke about his father he couldn't help but rub his left arm a bit as if it reminded him of home. "I suppose I'm more like your mother. I left Pitrius city to see what else I could learn about smithing from the other races, and for now I've decided to live here in Syliras. It's a nice place, the people seem friendly enough, and they have quite the place here at The Ironworks."

For a moment he studied the piece of metal under the woman's arm before asking another question of his own, "So you're an armorer right? Are you trying to make an entire set of armor or just a piece of one? I haven't been able to seen anyone work on armor since I made a piece for a customer last season." As he spoke he reached into the forge with his left hand and grabbed the sword breaker. Quickly he moved it to the anvil and took out his hammer from the pouch in his apron, and hammered a few blows along the tip of the weapon. It had only needed a small amount of work anyways and the few blows did the trick. He looked over the weapon and apparently satisfied he quenched it in the water by the anvil. "And how long have you been working here at The Ironworks by the way?"
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terisa on June 22nd, 2015, 4:33 am

"Well, yes, I am a armorer, I am doing a project... For me, no client. I am trying to make a full set of iron and steel. Of course it is a bit of a struggle to find the materials. I also have been working her sense I became an adult. Terisa said, still in isurian. Terisa began to think more, she basically assumed he was a weapon smith because of the fact he was making a sword breaker. "I do agree, Syrilas is a nice city. Other than the random hordes of feral racists." Terisa said, she was interested by the sword breaker."By the way. Name is Terisa." Terisa said, as she studied the weapon smith in action, she always sort of wanted to start making weapons.

"What made you interested in weapon smithing? For me, I always like making a suit of armor. Plus, all my life my parents have taught me how to make armor, they would say that it could change the tide of a battle depending on the armor and the heart of the warrior." Terisa said as she began to recall the times she spent training with her mother. She always wanted to be like her mother. Terisa smiled a bit a she thought.
Terisa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on June 23rd, 2015, 8:33 pm

"Oh, for yourself? I guess you must be on your day off if you're able to work on your own things. Sounds nice though, I plan on making myself something for protection eventually. I'm surprised that you've been working here for so long and I've yet to see you." He raised an eyebrow at her comment about racists in Syliras, Terag had yet to actually encounter anything of the sort. For now he kept his mouth shut though for that topic, since it wasn't his place to say anything on the matter. "Well, it's a pleasure Terisa."

He thought for a long moment as he moved the sword breaker from the water onto the small bench he had beside his tool rack. "Well I suppose your parents aren't wrong. Armor can definitely turn the tide of the battle, if the person wearing it knows what they're doing. As for why I got into weaponsmithing? It was just something I loved to watch the smiths do back home, so I became an apprentice to a blacksmith and practiced making weapons and armor whenever I could. When I got here I got hired on as a full time weaponsmith rather than just a general purpose blacksmith like I had been at home." As he spoke he wiped the water off of his hand and onto his apron.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You can't be over fifty years, and you're saying that you've been here since you've been an adult. That isn't very long at all now is it? Did you ever live in Sultros or one of the other cities, perhaps Terras City?"
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terisa on June 25th, 2015, 10:16 am

"Well, I am forty-five." Terisa said still in Isurian. "So yeah, not long at all, but that doesn't really change anything. Does it? You look pretty young your self in my opinion." Terisa said, she sounded a bit defensive at the very end. She crossed her arms, tucking the metal dish in between her torso and under arm. "No... I haven't really ever set foot out side of country of Syrilas, I want to go to the different cities of Isurians though. Once I get a bit older I might start travelling, get to know some better strategies to making armor and all."

"What about you? Have you ever traveled?" Terisa said, he looked liked the type that would start to travel at one point, but that is just Terisa assuming things. Never know what people are like just based on looks alone after all... Terisa though as she looked at the man. She liked talking to this man, it was nice to talk how she used to with her mother, it brought back pleasant memories from when she was still with her mother.
Terisa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on June 25th, 2015, 6:16 pm

He chuckled a bit at how she got defensive, "No no, it doesn't change too much. I was just making conversation, I'm only forty-four myself." She spoke then about never traveling outside of this country. "Well I would recommend it. They're beautiful cities, Terras has lots of beautiful metalwork if I remember correctly. Humans and the other races are able to make some pretty things, but in all honesty none of it will ever compare to what you can find in Sultros and the clan cities."

He thought about home for a moment before answering her question about if he had traveled. "Yeah, I have. That's how I got here in Syliras, I was born and raised back in Pitrius City." He smiled a bit at her before going on, "I want to travel again though, and see what else I can find in this land. For now Syliras will do, but I don't think this is where I'm going to stay. Perhaps I'll also travel back home sometime once I've become an accomplished smith. That's the goal right? To make a name that echoes across the land right?" Terag couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"What about you, do you ever plan on traveling?"
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Terisa on June 25th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Terisa thought for a couple of seconds, she did want to travel... Mainly so she can learn new ways to make armor... But she also desired to see the world as it is... "Yes, I do desire to travel, I just want to get better at being a armorer first." Terisa said, she smiled as she talked. She enjoyed talking to this man in Isurian, it reminded her of the days she talked with her mother.

"The thing is, I need to get enough money to start travelling. Right now I am basically not doing anything insane, like spending large amount of gold Mizas on something." Terisa said, she was still smiling as she talked. "Should we hang out more? I mean you are the only other Isurian I know." Terisa said, her smile brighten as she asked the question.
Terisa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next