Solo Morning for the Bride

Sayana has help with her hair and make-up for the big day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Morning for the Bride

Postby Sayana on June 21st, 2015, 11:30 pm

Summer 55, 515 AV – Sayana’s Apartment

Sayana had shooed Aren out that morning. It was the morning of their wedding and so long as he had what he needed, she would need the whole morning to get ready. There was a knock on the door and the Eypharian smiled as she opened it to the Svefra who had agreed to do up her hair. “Welcome, welcome. Thank you so much for coming.” Sayana greeted and ushered the woman in.

“So Pearl, shall I first put on my dress?”

“Yes, do. You wouldn’t want to mess up your hair once it’s done.” The young woman replied.

With a smile Sayana slowly took out the red and white wedding dress. It was sleeveless and sleek down her torso while flaring out as it came to the floor. She’d told Aren again and again not to look in her chest, and hoped he had complied so that he might be surprised for day of the wedding. Slowly she stripped her clothes and put on the dress. She was getting married. Today was the day and she could hardly contain her excitement. “Could you just clip it here and here?” Sayana asked and the woman happily obliged.

“So what would you like done for your hair?” Pearl asked as Sayana sat down at the table with her mirror and assortment of cosmetics and hair supplies. “Something refined and elegant. Maybe some of my hair up and some of it down?” Sayana tried to explain but then conceded to what she was really hoping for. “I met a girl who could do braids but I’ve seen these beautiful tight braids that can weave about and look stunning. They are like, this thick, and they can practically form patterns. I noticed the braids and beads in your hair and thought maybe…”

At the Eypharian’s explanation, Pearl smiled. “Yes, I think I’ve done those before,” she replied. “I can help too,” Sayana piped up. “I’d really like to learn how to do them. And I’ll be doing my face painting too.” “A bride doing her own make-up?” “Well your rates aren’t exactly cheap. Twenty-five gold mizas for hair and another twenty five for my face.” “Well how about twenty-five for both if you are willing to help,” Pearl finally countered. Sayana gave a smile and a nod.

Although Sayana hadn’t initially intended it, she was glad to have worked something out with the Svefra. “Maybe I’ll come back when I want to dye my hair. You know, Eypharians often dye their hair all sorts of beautiful colours. The Pressorah herself is even known to change the colour of her hair every ten days. It’s as though she has to match it with each new outfit.” Sayana gave a laugh as she picked up her comb to start going through her hair. She had washed it the night before but it still had plenty of knots to sort through.

Meanwhile, Pearl took a look at the various cosmetics on the table. Even though she was skeptical of a few, they seemed like they would work. As Sayana worked the comb through her long brown hair, slowly going from one side to the other, it was clear that the Svefra was making plans for the hair styling.

“Half-up half-down. Let’s see what we can do.”
Last edited by Sayana on June 21st, 2015, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Morning for the Bride

Postby Sayana on June 21st, 2015, 11:34 pm

Once Sayana had finished combing through her hair, Pearl set up the mirror so the Eypharian could clearly see. “Now hold your hair here and here, and watch how I braid,” Pearl instructed. Sayana obliged and the Svefra got to work. She started with two clumps of hair on the side of her head and near the front, then took a third further along and pulled it up and over one side. Then there was a new middle strand which she took along with some more hair further along and pulled it up and over to the other side. “Now just continue going to one side to the next and always grabbing new bits of hair as you go along,” the Svefra explained as she continued the process to make a tight braid along Sayana’s scalp.

“Now you try it, and follow the same path as mine,” Pearl instructed as she took the hair that Sayana was holding out of the way. The Eypharian used her two high hands and a mid hand to manage the three strands and slowly went through the steps. It was tricky looking at the mirror since everything was backwards but as she brought one strand over the other and reached to grab more hair, she slowly made a braided trail alongside Pearl’s. It wasn’t quite as tight but it seemed to do.

“Alright, I’ll do the next one and watch again,” Pearl continued as she started working on the next line of braids. As they alternated, every other row seemed a little thicker but Pearl tried to match hers to Sayana’s and slowly Sayana got better. “Now I’ll do the last one and tie it all together.” There had been a strand of hair for each row that Sayana had to hold until now, but Pearl seemed to weave them all together to finish them off.

“Alright, now for the other side.”

They proceeded in a similar fashion and Sayana found she was able to tighten the braid without pulling too hard at her hair. Her braids seemed to be neater and tidier, though had it not been for her extra hands she couldn’t imagine doing it as well as the Svefra.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Morning for the Bride

Postby Sayana on June 21st, 2015, 11:36 pm

The hair took more than a bell but by the end Sayana was very pleased. Pearl had done a nice little tuft of her bangs up top and left the rest of her hair to cascade down her back. “Now for your face. What do you want?” “Colour on my eyes, my lips and maybe a bit for my cheeks. Oh and black khol to line my eyes. How about I start with the colour and you can line my eyes? Have you a steady hand?” Pearl smiled and gave a nod while Sayana reached for her face pastes.

Sayana started with her whole face and added some brown cream that matched her skin similarly. She recalled that this could give a cleaner tone overall and she added hints of red to her cheeks. Then she moved on to her eyes. Keeping to her red theme, she mixed a little of the red with the brown for a lighter shade upon her eyelids. She then used some pure rich red for the shadowed part of her eyelid, where it indented slightly. For all this time she simply used her fingers, carefully and slowly painting her face. It may not have been the cleanest but with Pearl’s nod of encouragement Sayana was plenty pleased.

Next were her lips which she did up in the bright red lip pomade she had. Looking in the mirror she smacked her lips and smiled brightly. The Svefra then came over to carefully line her eyelids with the black khol. She did have a steady hand and while it was slow, she looked impeccable.

Lastly, she donned her copper armbands, her silver necklace, and the crystal and golden pendant necklaces given to her by Garland and Katelyn. Slipping into her brilliant red shoes she did them up and stood. “You look beautiful, m’lady,” Pearl spoke softly and Sayana smiled at both the compliment and the title.

"One last thing," Pearl quickly added and a faint blush crept to her face. "I, um, saw this perfume at Sensual Scents and took it upon myself to buy some. It's been all the craze because of Atta's new flower." The Svefra produced a small little bottle. Sayana looked at it curiously though she couldn't help but think of the perfume Devi had gotten her. Still, she couldn't bare to break the young woman's heart and refuse.

"How much was it?" Sayana asked. "Only 10 gold mizas. It's hardly an ounce. Maybe not even half an ounce, but it's lovely. Shall I add some?" "Yes, and I'll happily buy it for what it cost you," Sayana replied brightly. After a dab here and there, all that was left was to proceed to the venue.

“I think I am ready.”

ReceiptHair styling: 25 gm
Perfume: 10 gm

Hair :
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Morning for the Bride

Postby Nivel on August 18th, 2015, 5:08 am

Sayana :
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Negotiation 2
  • Cosmology 3
  • Story telling 1
  • Leadership 1
Lore:
  • Cosmetology: Tight braid
  • Cosmology: Wedding makeup
  • It’s hard to refuse perfume trends
  • Cosmology: Creating an even foundation.
Notes:An easy but fun grade :)

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)