Partners in Crime (AS partner in Sunberth)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Sayana on June 26th, 2015, 1:44 am

Hi all,
This is a rather unconventional sort of Matchmaker. I would like to apply for AS in Sunberth because I like the city, I like the sorts of plots and stories that could be written there, and I think it might be in most need of a ST followed very closely by Zeltiva. However, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable doing it alone. It's a big city with lots of players and the grading queue itself is quite enormous (though fortunately half is already graded). I also feel that for any city besides Syliras I would need to learn a lot of lore, which I'm prepared to do, and therefore initially I may have a learning curve.

I do want to write great stories for a city. I do want to assist Mizahar in more ways. I'm prepared to start limiting my PC time to something more manageable so I can tackle both. I've already got some good ideas for Sunberth that I'll be happy to share. I also have a ST willing to write a recommendation for me.

Below is a breakdown of tasks I believe are part of the role of a ST and my thoughts on my own ability to do them:

Story related:
-Moderated threads -- Definitely willing to do moderated threads but I'll likely be picky in order to spread the ST love and include many people
-Prompts -- Love the idea of prompts because they can start a really engaging plot with minimal writing required from the ST
-Calendar Events -- Love writing these because they can be extremely helpful as ideas for players, especially newbies
-Seasonal Challenges -- Similar to the above

Bookkeeping: (More for DS's) -- I'd love to do these but I do not believe AS's can currently do these despite how important these things are
-Job wages
-Job requests
-Grade request cleanup

Introductions:
-CS checks -- I have not yet had to do this but it should be straight forward
-Introductions forum -- This is not a strong suit of mine. I never really check that forum.
-Answering beginner questions -- I love helping here
-Helping new members find thread partners -- I love matchmaking when I can't thread with someone myself

Enforcement:
-CS interventions -- I have not yet had to do this but I don't think it would be too hard
-Thread interventions -- I'm comfortable being firm yet fair. I've had to do this occasionally when grading questionable threads.
-Dealing with problematic people -- Again, having to be firm and fair.
-Dealing with PC vs PC conflict -- I have not yet encountered this. I can probably be alright here though I'll appreciate support.

Development: -- Currently I don't know enough about SB to know what needs to be updated/fixed/started. This would be one of my weak suits.
-Location development
-NPC development
-Guide development

General Maintenance:
-Answering PC questions -- Generally I'll be good with this unless my lore knowledge is lacking
-Coordinating with other storytellers -- I should be alright here
-Making regular appearances on chat -- I love stopping by chat, so long as I don't let it distract me

Grading: -- I already do this and hopefully graders will still help

Who I'm looking for:
- Someone who might complement the skills I have and the areas I'm lacking
- Someone who ideally knows SB really well
- Preferably someone who is a grader and grades consistently
- Someone who thinks they have a reasonable chance at becoming ST (meets all requirements, has read Jen's various guides as to what makes a good ST, and is fairly confident in a recommendation from an existing ST)
- Someone who has the desire and time to ST
- Someone who would enjoy having a partner

Lastly, I can't be sure I'll get in as an AS, but the only reasonable way for me to imagine tackling a city like SB is to have help. So please post or PM me and I'll happily talk more about plans and whatnot.

Sayana
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ashe on June 26th, 2015, 2:58 pm

I would gladly partner with Sayana as AS but...I don't have enough time to be a partner...
Ashe
The closet mage

Words: 33740
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2015, 3:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Lisana on June 26th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Although I don't intend to ST any time in the forseeable future, I just wanted to note that I think you'd make a great AS.
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shane Wallsly on June 27th, 2015, 10:23 am

Before I say anything here I think you'd make a good ST and I'm glad you're stepping up to the plate. Now, I was an AS once and I left because I didn't have the time. Now I don't know if I can re-apply for my position or if I could get a recommendation and I don't even know if partnering up AS' is a thing that we can do. However despite all that uncertainty I would be happy to help.

I was an ASa for a couple of months and, all thanks to Mirage my awesome DS of the time, I know how a lot of it works. I do know how to grade though I haven't done so since I was staff. Development and such I also know how to do rather well. I am greatly interested in working with the people of Sunberth and telling stories for them, as the prime directive of a story-teller. Frankly, I really want to give back to this site. I've been taking for far too long and I feel that Mizahar is collapsing under the strain of so much taking and I don't want to have it's collapse on my conscience. I need to help.
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)