Completed A Breach of Faith

Some things are meant to be.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 2nd, 2015, 3:20 am

25th of Summer, 515AV

"... And so I found my way to Lhavit by way of the roaming scholars. Those guys introduced me to a few fellows at the school, that's where I learned my magic and what have you."

"But why'd you leave? It seems like it'd be a fitting place for you."

"Oh, so you're sorry to have me?" Rielly laughed and gave Theo a shove. "Lhavit's all books. I've never been around so many bookworms, not one man in that town wields a decent sword, no one knows of action. Everything's overemphasized, the magic is truly everywhere, it's annoying."

Rielly was a little startled by Theo's attacking speech of the city, it seemed. She looked happy, however, probably because she herself wasn't the nicest sort. "So does anyone know that you practice magic? Besides me, ya' know."

"I don't know. I honestly doubt anyone who's around to tell made it out of their own will though."

"Yeah, so ya get those guys.. what?"

Satisfaction had escaped Theo, he was looking at Rielly with the eyes he gave his mother on a rant. Theo wasn't really in the mood for her tough girl shenanigans all the time, he didn't want to talk about that fight anymore. If she was a male he'd of walked right by her, but there was always something about assertiveness that got to Theo's romantic side. Why am I being so callous? Shake it off and move on, you feel for her.

"Other than remembering some names in a drunken clarity, no, I know nothing." He answered indirectly. "Crow and.. Ahh! I forget the other. Ill get it, you bet."

"Never heard of a Crow, keep at it, though, someone knows him I'm sure."

She's so blunt and seemingly thoughtless, trying to show how caring you are. I wonder what wanders your head truly Rielly, beneath those shallow responses.

The trail was the same one they had come in on two days ago. The caravan Theo rode in on had gotten ambushed a ways up though and he was thankful not to be seen near. Up ahead beyond the corner of a clearing an old farmhouse made into an inn could be seen. A sign hung from the front, "Travelers Stay," and along the side was a stable where a boy waited. He gave Theo a nod and lowered his hat to Rielly.

"Ya know, there was another. A boy who rode ahead of us, we were 'spoosed to stay here that night. I never heard of him again. George I think his name is."

"I did see a boy head up that road on a horse by hisself the day before I met you."

"Odd, he should of arrived three days before that Walden said."

"Nope, definitely the day before."

"What were you doing in the woods anyway?" Theo asked.

"What's it matter? You don't like the woods? Then why are we out here?" Rielly for the first time didn't look at Theo as she spoke, and the tone was new as well. She looked like she wanted Theo to be a thousand miles away.

"No, I do. It's just I would rather sleep behind a wall. I could of killed you back there, or worse."

"I can take care of myself. I could of killed you, don't mix that up, Theo." She looked at Theo, her one eye unrelenting even through her hair. Her lips were straight and small. At least if she wanted to kill me, she'd have to have me close to do it, that's something

They hadn't talked for a while after that, although Theo didn't really think of the comment long. A while the light beat down on them hard and it was hard to focus being so caught up squinting, drudging your every step. When the two reached some shade they heard some feint sounds. "What's that?" They jolted at each other.

As Theo listened in he could hear yelling, teary-eyed yelling. Up through a grove the sounds got louder, and it became clear that two people were involved, a woman and a man. Down the path further was a blood trail that dipped off in bushes opposite the sound. Rielly checked up closer when they could hear the cries just beyond a bush and she waved Theo to come up.

A woman was being held with her backside to a mans knee as he held her up. She whimpered uncontrollably as the light shown down on her face. "You see that?" Rielly asked. The man was covering her stomach with his cowl, but Theo could now see the bottom of the coat wet with blood. Rielly emerged and began consoling the woman. Theo watched on as she told the couple she knew vaguely of treating wounds, and she took the rag and began to apply pressure.

The life was leaving this woman's eyes. Her husband continued to consol her as she cried, "Just hold on, everything will be fine darling, you'll see. After this we can leave for Zeltiva and live with your mother, just as you always wished, just hold on my love!" He pleaded to her. Then there was the sound of mail running through the woods over horse. He looked up at Theo, "If you could do anything for me, stranger, end my dog's suffering. Pret has been acting strange lately, and this is his work as well, I fear he may have contracted a maddening sickness fighting something feral. I cut him good, but I didn't have the heart to end it. Will you put my dog to rest, please stranger?"

Theo didn't know what to say, but the knights were closing in quick. Rielly looked at him looking for guidance, him to her the same. Before they had time to even realize where they were moving, they were on their way there. Theo and Rielly watched from a distance beyond some trees as the knights descended upon the situation. One of them, who was armored in only chainmail, immediately head back from where they came in a mad dash. Two of the others then head off as well, and it was just the knight-sergeant and two other men left with the couple. They each removed their helmet and gloves and took up position to help keep life in the woman.

Rielly kicked Theo, "So? What do you think?"

"It's not really our issue, but that ladies dying over there. I'm more worried about this thing getting the jump on us sometime."

"We'd be helping a lot of people out too." She smiled, she knew Theo wasn't one for moralizing aloud.

"I love how your always so ready for the task."

Fluent | Basic | Thoughts
Last edited by Theo Popcampio on August 21st, 2015, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 2nd, 2015, 7:09 pm

The blood trail picked up right where they left it. It was still wet, but the dog must of made off in a hurry because the drops were wide spread. All along the trail they were, some in the bushes, some even on leaves dangling from trees. The path was rapid and evasive too; it would of been tough to follow had the marking not been so obvious. Through a bush they went, and then out another. Rielly and Theo lost the trail for a bit in a wide patch of sand in a riverbed but it picked up again by a stream that broke off. They followed the waterway for a few hundred yards before the blood ran to a cave. Theo and Rielly exchanged glances. Rez was formed in Theo's hand and he lit the top of it as he pooled more from the bottom to keep a steady flame.

Inside the cave wasn't deep at all, they could see all the way through, and the dog was already snarling at them with white saliva in his teeth. "Rielly," Theo said, and she looked over at him before realizing what he meant. She drew her bow and fired, missing the dog who dashed off. "You see him?" Theo moved the flame to his left hand and drew his longsword. He could hear the dog panting, his breaths were heavy and desperate and full of salivating. Theo peaked behind a rock, no dog. But as he searched another he saw it, and the creature dashed away as Theo struck down on it.

"He's over here, Theo!" Rielly fired another arrow at the dog, missing again as the dog moved away. "Damnit." Pret moved from running away to towards Rielly, lunging at her and knocking her off her balance. "Get off!" The dog clenched at her face with spit running from its mouth, itching for a taste of her with his front legs pinned against her shoulders. Theo ran up and kicked the dog over, pinning Pret to the ground with his foot at the neck. The dog bit wildly and flailed itself over, almost escaping until Theo applied more pressure. The dog slowly began to calm itself, and Theo took his sword when Pret was almost still and aligned it with the dogs cranium. Theo pierced it quickly as possible, and twisted hard; Pret was still when Theo removed his sword.

"Thank you, Theo. I could of, ya know.."

"It's nothing," Theo declared as he headed for the exit.

Rielly got up off the ground and caught up with him, "What's wrong? Theo, don't do this, you had to-."

"Let's just get out of here." On the other side of the stream Theo could see an old stump he recognized, and he knew he could walk that way a whiles. When the two of them finally passed the landmark Rielly began humming. Theo tuned out as the woods in daylight revealed itself to be more shade than light, the sights only a background image now.

Though these trees are godly they too hide unforgivable dark secrets. Somewhere here there is suffering, and there is also someone willing to bring it. Beyond the beauty of these trees copper plating is a dark truth, knowledge that'd disgust anybody I know. And the trees well know of these things being in the wrong, as all living beings possess inclination for pain, and yet they did not tell anyone. Why? I feel the power radiating from this place as I walk through here. There has to be more. Perhaps they are cynical or vengeful towards humans. Or maybe they know something about suffering I don't.

The trail ended short at a body of water, as Theo breathed in the air he tasted the salt of the sea. They had headed the opposite way than Theo intended, but he was not going to admit that now. Rielly turned Theo around, "Hey, listen Theo, I know how you feel. I had a dog a while ago, and my father-"

"Rielly, stop. You don't have to-"

"But Theo-"

"It really is fine, I'm better now." He said as he turned his back to her, revealing a crab beneath his foot. Theo stumbled as he barreled over the crustacean, he nearly rolled his ankle as he tried to juke to the side.

Rielly was laughing when Theo turned to look. He knew it was a funny thing to see, but he couldn't of smiled if he wanted to. Giving her the satisfaction of seeing him smile seemed so unworthy of him right now, he felt stoic and sober. Rielly, seeing this, head right center in Theo's view. He veered his head away slightly, but then she started taking off her coat, and his eyes were no longer so shy. He watched as she finished unbuttoning her shirt, kicked her boots ten feet away, unzipped her pants and wiggled the tight fabric down, lifted her shirt off to let it fly in the wind, reached around to undo her bra, revealing her bosom to the cool, blue water, and, finally, she shook down her panties below her ankles, stepping out of them.

She left it all in the sand; she didn't stop to wait, she just dove right in. Theo wanted her right then. Even from afar Theo could see how perfectly she stood, like a goddess in the water. She flipped her hair back to see, and it hung down soaked across her glistening golden-brown skin. She was more muscular than most women her size, but that did not stop her from looking the epitome of womanhood when she was bare. Her hips fanned out and came in, her legs no longer bound to the ground; as she disappeared into the water Theo needed no introduction.

Theo kicked the water beneath his feet, the sea shore was calm and cool today. Even in the summer the Suvan Sea was a little chilly. The water was, however, refreshing, and the strokes came easily to Theo as he pursued Rielly into deeper water. She was maybe a hundred feet from the shore, and turned to see her companion join her. When they were in the water together she smiled on him, "Better?" Theo smiled back and that was enough, and then they laughed for the first time in a couple hours.

She gave him a splash, and Theo was sour for a second until she did it again, at which point he merely reacted and got her back. She then hit him with a huge wave, and began swimming away rapidly. Theo swung a wave at her, but she evaded it. He swam more towards her, but Rielly turned out to be a strong swimmer. She turned around in the open water, laughing at Theo. "Just you wait until we get ashore, Rielly!"

"Oh come on, can't we just be nice?" Rielly said with her tongue in cheek. "Can we make a truce?"

"What are your terms?" Theo thought he might be able to lower her guard by seeming interested so he could get her closer.

"No splashing, we act cool, and in exchange I tell you something."

Theo was curious, "What's that?"

"You'll have to find out."

"Fine."

Rielly swam up, a big mischievous smile on her face. When she got close enough to talk normally she flinched, thinking Theo would splash her, and they had a laugh about it. Theo put up his hand in a splashing position and put the other out to invite her to speak.

"Okay, so ya know how my dad's a knight? Well I want to be one too, that's why I want you to squire under him." Theo raised his eyebrow at her, "My dad's been waiting for me to come of age so he can marry me off to some noble family; I do not want that. Why do you think I spend all this time in the woods? I tell him I'm on picnics with suitors and knights of renown, meanwhile I'm here with your sorry ass.

"I'm not going to be that type of woman if I can help it. Once you ascend to knighthood you can squire me and we'd never have to worry of my father again!"
Rielly caught on to her anger, and so presented herself calmer to her companion. "I want to be my own woman, not some shell a man comes home to hump." Theo looked on her, a tear was dangling from the corner of her eye. He knew what it was like to have everything you desired denied to you, to wish for the impossible. "Theo, will you train me to be a knight once you've become one yourself? It's all I've ever wanted."

"Rielly, you never even needed to ask. Yes! A thousand times yes! How could I deny you such an opportunity when you've afforded me so many? It is my first priority. I'm honestly touched that you would consider me for such a thing, it means a lot, truly."

Rielly had a huge-grinning smile on her face, and the tear fell finally. "Thank you so much," she said, embracing Theo in the water.

Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 10th, 2015, 12:50 am

The blossoming youths had their fill of the salt water for a better part of an hour. It had been so long since Theo had truly swam; the rivers and lakes felt nothing like the open Suvan Sea, ready to suck you down to its pits. Theo didn't know how far they had swam out, but he knew that he wouldn't dare reach for the bottom. Rielly seemed to be really enjoying herself. These waters have been her's all her life.

When the time was wearing down and it became obvious that it was time to head home, the two casually began to swim back. Having taken in the fullness of the sea, the final swim back to the shore was one last epilogue to a fun time.

Theo felt the cool, still water beneath his feet as he peddled through it, he could almost feel sand as a tide moved his one foot. Being caught in the motion of the swim, his whole body was thrown into the pull, and sucked under the surface. Theo struggled against the tide, and eventually felt futile and swam with it.

He was way out now, he knew, and under so deep. He didn't feel a pull anymore, and he had hardly any breath in his lungs. Struggling to the surface, light only showed resonance overhead. Everything was beginning to feel weightless and tired, blackness closing setting in from the peripherals of his vision. Theo only felt a bump, another force hauling him off some other direction.

Rielly looked into Theo's eyes. He felt sore, and all the light showing around her bare face was too bright to see. It was good to see her. "I knew you'd make it."

Theo sat up and she began dressing herself. His lungs felt weak and Theo tried to cough up water but it was no use. "You didn't breath any in I don't think, I could be wrong. You were only out for a moment before I brought you up," Rielly said. Theo still tried to cough up water, she might of been right though. Even though I was dying, I never panicked. It was all peaceful to me in an odd way.

Theo began to put on his pants when he stopped and looked at Rielly fixing her shirt. It was business really, they had done this a thousand times already it felt. "What?"

Theo had been staring at her fiddle with the top button. "Nothing." And she finally got it, the second one followed. "But," the third seemed to be trouble. "If we were anyone else, Rielly, this wouldn't be so matter of fact."

Rielly stopped playing with her shirt. Now she stood there, her coat in her hand. Her face both sympathetic and adamant. "But we are these people, Theo."

"Can we stop pretending for just one second?" Theo asked, looking dead in her face. It was tough looking in her face saying such things, but he did feel this way, "Let's just drop the pretense."

She didn't respond, she just looked at him with a coldness. He couldn't see what she was thinking, and he wasn't thinking a thing now. He maybe wanted to cover up his words, but they were said and out there. She tilted her head, never relenting. She was so intense, to say it was just her stare was an understatement. Her tan skin told of experience in the sun, a woman truly in touch with her roots. Whatever she thought, it must of been beyond words.

"Theo, if you intend to be a squire, and then a knight, you cannot play games with me. There are things you do not know, couldn't understand right now. I don't think you get it."

Theo felt crushed, and she hadn't even truly said anything back to him distinct. He tried to get through her cipher, but he didn't have the pieces. "But Rielly, you don't know, the way I look on you-"

"You don't think I can see? It is all so obvious. I look on you as I've never on another... but I cannot, for your sake, our sake. You must agree with me right now that we will never give sign of our love to my father." Theo willingly accepted. "As for this, no. Not now, life spills over, and I will not endanger you."

Theo still had no idea what she meant. "No, Rielly. I can't do this. I've had to lie about things all my life, I'm not going to make this one of those." His lip shook, "I need you to be mine. I need to know this, and I need you to know this."

Her eyes were teary, Theo could see, his eyes watered at the sight. She was as naked as she had ever been before him, and Theo could feel swollen innocence in her aura. He stood up, walked over, and kissed her, simple as that. They pulled away from the moment, there was one last look to be had. "Once." And they entangled on the edge of the seemingly open suvan sea, a place Theo had come to know as a place of love and danger. Inside Rielly, Theo felt they were a world apart, as if touching to the borders of The Ukalas, like Cheva was among them in that moment; they were heading home.

Theo didn't have much to say after, "I can't even tell you what I feel, but, I love you. Maybe I'll have the words one day."

She kissed him, "It's okay. I think I love you too, if I'm to be honest. Maybe that day will be soon."

When they arrived at the gates Rielly pulled in front of Theo. "Arrive at the outside of Dyres third floor tomorrow around dinnertime. There you will meet me, and we can meet my father."

"Fine then." And that was that. They stared at each other for a few moments in the courtyard while the orange crept through the sky. Even here the denizens kept an eye on them, what just seemed like a few moment ago they had shared a moment with God alone. But what they did not know was that Gods were there too, playing their longstanding charades. "You should go first," and she did, and they left each other there.

Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 21st, 2015, 4:17 am

Please delete, redundant post.
Last edited by Theo Popcampio on August 21st, 2015, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 21st, 2015, 4:18 am

Walden was always fixing for a drink, and that often meant a lay as well. While he and Theo sipped down their ales, it became more and more obvious to his brother where his intent really lied. She was beautiful, sulked in red and her blonde curls sat over her shoulder in a way that they seemed to float. And so Walden bought her and her company a drink, but it was to his surprise when his prize plopped right next to Theo, and he was stuck with her chubby sister.

It was fitting, but Theo was not going to let his brother be embarrassed as such, or so he thought. "How do you do?" she asked, flipping her hair so Theo could just see both her eyes beyond the blond curls. Red marked her lips, and a heavy shade of pink flushed her cheeks.

"Marvelous, I must say, you look enchanting." Theo told her the truth, but he was being disingenuous. He knew that other men fancied such things, her angular features and colored face, but he never saw anything in such. All he wanted was Rielly, she still danced in his dreams with her cynicism and freckles. The worst of it being that this passion was crippling his conscious at this very moment.

"Well, thank you, only a gentlemen would say such a thing." The red maiden said, turning more towards Theo with a closed smile. "My wine is running dry." She looked at Theo with a puppies frown, the last drop of wine danced in her glass as she flicked it in her fingers, biting her lips.

Theo sweat, he wanted to stay his hand, but it seemed too much now. "I do fancy a squire could get him self a drink in The Herald's Arm. Barman..."

"Oh, a squire you are, how interesting." The girl bit at Theo's front. Sure, he had every avenue to becoming one with Rielly's father blessing, but he had yet to obtain such a blessing. The likelihood was even open, Rielly had only talked about the opportunity to squire under her father in passing. That wouldn't stop Theo from spinning his tale though.

"Oh yes, I cannot wait to ascend to knighthood and devote my life to Sylir." The barkeep came over, "An ale for me, a red wine for the lady, please."

"You must be two years older than me, though. I'm older than any squire I've seen, for what the delay?" She asked, with curious blue eyes.

"Well, my lady, I'm no native to this land. I spent much of my fore years traveling, now I've come to seek glory and companionship in Syliras."

"Oh! A traveller, you must have many fascinating tales.. Entertain me." The bartender passed her the wine, and she sat back and crossed her legs, waiting for Theo to speak.

"It's honestly dull, mostly," Theo lied, his true tales held no favor here. "There was this one time I had a little kid steal my rucksack on a journey. He almost got away with it too, he sicked his dad on me."

"Oh no, that sounds terrible, how'd you ever get it back?"

"Well, I didn't know he had it. I just noticed the thing was missing when I woke up. I would of missed it entirely had the kid not been using it as a pillow." The woman shook her head. "I yanked it right out from under his thieving head, and he started crying when his brain shook on the ground. His pa' got up in a fury, ready to beat me dead. Except he slept with his draws down, so when he stepped I pushed him over." She laughed. "Boy was he mad, but by the time he got his pants on right, I pulled out my sword. Things got real quiet after that, no problems to be had."

"Serves them right, stealing from you when you did nothing." The girl peaked over at Walden and her sister, who seemed to be having a swell time. "Hey, have you ever had dreamsmoke?" Theo's squinted at her with a playful curiosity. "It's this amazing thing, you have to try it."

"So let's do it, it has the sound of the type of thing I fancy." Theo had heard of dream smoke, but he had never tried it in full. She would be his chance.

"Hold on," and the girl picked up her sister and the two went off to discuss something. Theo and Walden sat there while they finished their drinks. Theo noticed at the edge of the bar a man was staring at the two of them. Theo had no idea how long he had been watching. His hair was dark and his face full of youth, but he sat alone. When Theo looked over, his staring came to an end. The girl came back over, "Okay, come on."

The two of them left Walden and her sister for the stairs. "I'm Marie," she informed Theo as they passed through the crowd and began their ascent. "You're going to love this, I just know it. What's your name again?"

"It's Theo, for the first time." And she laughed as she held tight to his hand. The two of them skipped the sights of the second floor for the third. When they emerged through the doorway they entered a dreamworld. Freely people were having conversation bare-bodied as they laid across each other on the floor. All along the silk couches were couples embraced in love. Naked women in masks carried around wine for any who wished to partake. Marie stopped one of these girls and grabbed a vial off her tray. Theo was picking at another's tray when she grabbed him hard by the arm to drag him away, he reached for a bottle of wine off of someone else's person before being rushed out.

Marie had a room to herself on the second floor, and now she was sharing it with Theo. As soon as they entered she closed the door and looked deepy in his eyes, laughing, kissing his lips, face, and eyes, and laughing some more. "I can't wait, you are going to feel so good." She uncapped the vial and laid out the dust on a table as she kissed him some more. She pulled out a small steel tube from her bra and snorted some of the dust and letting out a huge sigh of pleasure. "It's that easy," she said, laughing again with a big half-moon smile.

Theo didn't hesitate, and he sniffed about as much as he saw the girl do, maybe more. Soon he was laid on the bed with her, sinking into the world. The peripherals of his vision dimmed as he centered on his red maiden. He clutched for the wine bottle and finished what was there.

When Theo awoke sometime later, he couldn't remember a thing. The girl was there with ruffled hair and runny makeup. Shit! I forgot about Rielly, Sylir let her still be waiting.

He tried to figure the time but it didn't seem to be any he could think of. Theo quickly threw on his coat and headed downstairs. The staring man was there, and Theo asked him the time, he said he figured it was still sometime till sundown. Theo thanked him and rushed out.

Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Theo Popcampio on August 21st, 2015, 5:19 am

The packed streets of Syliras added little headway to Theo's efforts. He snuck through what streams of traffic he could, his narrow frame offered such advantages. Nevertheless, it was slow on his way to his apartment. He swung in a whirl through the door and grabbed his sword, so as to give off the appearance of a fighter.

Theo left and the city was the same, and he rushed through what he could again. With the sword on his back, this was no good display, he knew, but time was of the essence. He made himself careful not to touch anyone with the sheathed blade, while he moved about. Odd looks were still abound.

The third level was where they were to meet, in the Dyres district, or somewhere about. Theo only found knights at the entrance, and they had no word of Rielly. Theo couldn't get by them, and she probably well knew of his inability to get in without escort, he noted. He looked up the way, found nothing, bounded back and couldn't find her. She was under the cover of some buildings entrance when Theo found her.

"Where were you? You're so late." Rielly explained to Theo.

"I had an unexpected snooze, I'm so sorry." Theo panted, "I'll make it-"

"Stop! Look at you, all breathless, in the same rags as yesterday. You have a sword on your back and you plan to meet my father? Theo, do you have any idea what you look like now?"

"Rielly, I don't have anything more. And the sword, I thought it'd be a good show."

"Well you were wrong, and you're too late." Rielly stomped her foot, pointing at Theo, "I can't believe I let you fuck me, you're a disgrace Theo whateverthefuckyourlastnameis. You look like a beat dog. Go home, you're not good enough. I'll find someone else."

"So you used me?" Theo said with wide eyes, the first time he felt any anger now.

"You're disgusting. Get away from me." And she swept Theo from her chest as she stormed off, letting out a purr of anguish as she passed him.

It was hard to know what to think, he could hardly go after her. Theo just walked home, this time he slowed the crowd, and even the leisurely walkers passed him now. His luck had run out, with no in to the knighthood Theo couldn't hope to last in Syliras. His coin would run out, and he'd have to pick up dull work to make due.

He thought his next best bet was to hit the road, and live that dangerous life again. It didn't make sense to think of it now, all Theo wanted was more of that interrupted rest. Just to let things go by for one more moment.

When Theo got to his apartment the door was open, and a knight in armor stood tall at the door. "Hold citizen," he breathed through his faceplate. "Are you the resident of this apartment?"

"Yes," Theo responded in anguish. "What's your purpose here, knight?"

"You seem to of had a break in, someone noted that the door was left ajar, we came to investigate." Theo looked in, but couldn't see past the knight's shoulder. "You should speak to Ser Vey."

The knight stepped aside. Theo's apartment was torn to pieces, his bed toppled over, his table thrown across the room, the worthless contents of his chest thrown about. Theo rushed over and ransacked the chest his own, searching desperately foe the quarter hundred mizas he had stashed there in emergency, it was gone.

"No, no. That's all I had to get me by.." Theo looked at the empty chest, his hands trembling. "It's not fair!" He threw the chest across the room, "A moment ago I had every opportunity before me, now I have nothing!" He punched the floor, paying no mind to the pain that followed. He sat down, looking at his empty hands, "I'm such a fool! I must have left the door unlocked, Lhex gave some poor stalker the opportunity he had been waiting for."

It was then that Theo took notice of the other knight, the man from the bar. "Theo, was it? I thought you were a squire." Trouble was on the man's face, but his intrigue was more apparent. "Tell me, why do you keep an apartment."

"I'm no squire, a presumptuous lie I told in temptation." Theo spat, "And now I have nothing to show for it, damn me and my need to sin."

"Calm yourself, boy. Why'd you ever presume you were supposed to be a squire? Our ranks are not joined easily."

Theo was in no wanting to be quizzed, "A girl said she would."

The man squinted at Theo, "How are you with that sword?"

Theo was startled by the man's question, "I've felled men in combat before, if that's what you ask. I have no actual training, however." Theo didn't care what this knight thought now.

"That's more than most can say in our dormitory. Tell me, what else makes you significant?"

"I am a decent horseman..." There was genuine interest on this man's face, Theo could see. "I am a Reimancer and Spiritist as well, if only a novice."

"Well, you've met your ticket. You shall meet me for dinner tomorrow. There we shall discuss some details, if I find you fit."

Theo was stunned, "But why?"

"I too know what it's like to have nothing. I've owed the favor a while now." The man looked sternly on Theo, but there was a kindness about his demeanor. "You shall meet me at that same bar again tomorrow night, take care not to be distracted by some temptress." And the man the other had named Ser Vey stormed out, Theo couldn't even get a last word in. He started laughing as he looked around his beaten room, Rielly was wrong.

Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

A Breach of Faith

Postby Baelin Holt on October 18th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Theo Popcampio :
Skills:
5 Observation
3 Socialization
2 Rhetoric
2 Swimming
1 Flirting
1 Hunting
1 Land Navigation
1 Reimancy (Fire)
1 Stealth
1 Storytelling
1 Tracking
1 Unarmed Combat
1 Weapon: Longsword

Lores:
Rielly: Attractively tough
George the boy: Rode in three days late
Rielly: Likes the woods
Pret the dog: Killed his owner
Rielly: Muscular and curvy
Rielly: Wants to be a knight, not a housewife
Struggling won’t get you out of a rip tide
Rielly: Love interest
Marie: Blonde temptress with dreamsmoke
Dreamsmoke will put you to sleep
Rielly: Willing to use people
An unlocked door can lead to robbery
Ser Vey: Potential Patron

Penalties:
-25GM (robbed)

Comments: Quite an involved thread! Stumble on a dying woman, hunt down a feral dog, go swimming, nearly drown, sleep with a woman, experience dreamsmoke, blunder an opportunity, get robbed, and get a potential patron. Led to quite a variety of skills and lores!

A few things before you accept these grades:

Thanks for updating your ledger, please do indicate what are gold, silver, or copper mizas. Also be sure to update your ledger to include the -25GM loss in this thread. If I’m not mistaken you do still have to put in a thread list in your CS before you can accept these grades. A thread list needs to be ordered by thread date and have a link to the thread. As soon as you do that you can put the grade above into your CS.

I also don’t see you in the list of knights and squires here. Please do try to get that corrected.

If you haven’t already submitted a personal or stationary NPC request for Walden and Reilly at the help desk then please do so. You can talk with a ST in more detail if you have questions about the differences between personal, stationary, and city NPCs.

I didn’t award shield points since you’re not a squire yet during this thread. If that’s in error let me know and I’ll correct it.

Please edit your grade request to show that this has been graded.
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)