Completed Hunt or be Hunted?

Ferrin is taking an early morning hunt to get used to the area of the wild lands. Who knows what he'll encounter?!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Ferrin

While laying on the ground unconscious, his mind has drifted into a dream. Not one that he has been having a dream that became new to him, but it was a memory. It was when he was younger and he was in the forest hunting with his father. "Son, now you want to hold your longbow like this," Thorin, his father held the end of the arrow with two of his fingers. He lifted up the bow and pointed it towards one of the farthest trees. The trees are what they are practicing on until they get into real game. Thorin pulled the string back as tight as it can go, he releases the string with a calmed breath the arrow whistled through the wind and hitting the tree with a loud thump noise.

Ferrin blinked, but then add he did, out of no where a sound of the he Kriital could be heard. Not long after his father announced "Sir." "You have to wake up! We need to run!" Ferrin awoke with a start his eyes weary and blurry trying to remember what happened.

The bird seemed to be running into the woods he looked up at Revali, or that's what Ferrin thinks his name is. Hopefully he remembered correctly, he pushed himself up and grabbed his bow and quiver with the rest of the arrows. "Run, run..." Ferrin is talking like he is trying to regain his speech. Luckily he didn't forget to talk.

Ferrin nodded at the young man and was successfully able to regain his speech "Yeah, we should run!" Ferrin looked for his sword after strapping his bow and quiver across and over his shoulder.

His sword... Where would it be? But that doesn't matter, his life and this young fellows is what matters. The Revali character has saved his life last thing he saw was the bird that was going to finish him off.

He also noticed that the young boy was holding his arm with a expressed look of pain and anger across his face. Ferrin started to walk towards the Kabrin Road telling the young character to "Come on we have to get out of here before more might come if more come!" Ferrin waved at Revali to follow before he started into a running pace.

This is not over you bird, Ferrin thought, this has just begun. Ferrin cursed with animosity at the bird. But then he resents himself from being mad at others. He trotted towards the woods where it would lead to the Kabrin Road, going slow so that the Revali character can catch up to him with ease.

But what Ferrin really wanted to know was why a dream like that? Anyways he hopes that the boy can catch up and have the bird to not return.

If this was a way to make new friends, it sure want a very good one.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 15th, 2015, 8:02 pm

As soon as the man stumbled to his feet, Revali rushed out towards the Kabrin Road, following closely behind the hunter. Although the road was not guaranteed safety, someone would be more likely to come along and help them there. It would be difficult for the bird to find its way out of the trees, anyway.

Out of breath, Revali nearly collapsed on the side of the trail. This distance would have to be good enough, because he was unaccustomed to running, and he could not make it any farther. He panted, his eyes burning from the sweat that dripped into them, his leg muscles aching as the fear seized them. Val fell to his knees, glancing at the man who, moments ago, had been on the verge of death. Not to mention saving their lives, moments before that.

I don't even know his name.

The thought was so out of place, and yet so ordinary, that it struck Revali as quite humorous. He shook his head and let out a single, nervous bark of laughter. Then another, and another. It wasn't long before the boy was kneeling on the ground, nearly choking on a high-pitched, relieved laugh. It was the kind of laughter that came when there wasn't anything funny at all, but there was nothing else you could do.

In between his giggling, Revali managed to squeak out the words, "We're alive! You saved us! We're both here and we're alive..."

Without thinking, Revali sprung up from his spot on the ground and rushed toward the stranger, enveloping him in a tight hug and completely disregarding his lack of a shirt. Pushing the hunter back to arms' length as one might do to a long-lost relative, Val looked into his eyes and asked the only question that came to mind.

Who are you, even?"
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 16th, 2015, 1:11 am

Ferrin

As Ferrin made it at the Kabrin Road, he felt a surge of comfort, from being away from that terrible creature. He took easy breaths, panting though, he just woke up from near death, his ears ringing a bit, but still able to hear from them at least. Blood is trickling down his legs and just drops of blood from his arms, but he can still manage, at least. As the young man came up to thank him, not only was it a thanks, but he wrapped his arms around Ferrin giving him a hug. A hug... Ferrin thought, now that is something that I haven't done in awhile.

Ferrin hugged the young character with no shirt back, not too tight, hoping that blood wouldn't slip onto his pants. He smiled back at the young boy, and he realized that he was exhausted from running, but if he was trained by Ferrins father, he wouldn't be out of breath this easily. Ferrin cursed in his thoughts, why do I have to keep thinking about home? Ferrin swiped the thought of his father away, but then the dream re appeared and he blinked a bit too shove it away.

"Oh my name... My name, is Ferrin Al'Mandrikan, and not only I had saved us, but you did a good part of it too." "What happened to your shirt? And not too be rude or anything, but I think I forgot your name?" The Road kicking up dust after they had stopped onto it. Good riddance to that bird, thing whatever it was, hope it doesn't come back for revenge. Ferrin smiled once again, but then he looked back down to his sword realizing that it is not in its sheath and gone somewhere inside the heart of the woods probably. But hopefully somebody will notice his family mark, but Ferrin remembered that he wanted to try to keep a low profile, but the excitement and energy coursing through his veins got him overwhelmed.

Anyways Ferrin looked back to the young boy and also added in to where he came from to avoid suspicion, "I have came from Kenash if you wanted to know where I have lived..." His words trailed off as he blushed thinking about home once again. Shyke he thought why does thinking about home hurt?

Well now at least he would maybe know this young mans name and begin a friendly relationship at least? And when you are inside the wilderness, and you are either the hunter, or you are the one being hunted. Lets just hope that if you are being hunted that it doesn't end up bad.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 17th, 2015, 1:59 am

Revali no longer cared enough to hold back his laughter, as he had when he first saw the man's bouncing curls. Instead, he grinned and chuckled openly. In fact, even his stutter seemed to have receded slightly in the face of such a traumatic experience.

"My name is R-revali. And you already t-told me you were from Kenash. You're a forgetful one, aren't you?

"As for my shirt, well..." Revali glanced down at his bare chest quickly, as if to check that the shirt was still missing before responding. "I gave it to the bird. Sort of. I had to use the cloth to cover its eyes, so that it w-wouldn't be able to see and...you know..."

Revali formed his hand into a shape that bared some resemblance to a bird's beak, and mimed pecking. He couldn't bring himself to say the actual words. So that it wouldn't tear us up. So that it wouldn't be able to crush you. So that it wouldn't kill us.

Revali ran his hands along the waistband of his pants, fidgeting as he thought. The fabric beneath his fingers reminded him of not only of his lost shirt, but another thing left behind in the forest.

"Petch!" He blurted, stomping his foot for emphasis. "I left my bag in there. It has all my supplies in it. There's no way I can afford a new one this season! We have to go, go get it."

His face creased as the worry made a resurgence. What if the bird was still there? Or worse, what if something even more menacing had come in, drawn by the sound of injured prey? Revali felt a minuscule shiver rush down his spine at the thought.

Pleadingly, Revali looked up at Ferrin. His wide eyes went rounder and his bottom lip pouted out, ever so slightly. Even his brow furrowed in an attempt at the perfect begging expression. "Would you please go with me?"
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 17th, 2015, 12:13 pm

Ferrin

As the young boy let go of Ferrin he began rummaging through his pockets looking for something. He told Ferrin that he forgot of his bag that held his supplies and all of his things. Ferrin took another look back at the forest then to the young Revali.

Since Revali asked with a please Ferrin took another breath looking back again towards the maze of trees aligned with one another. He took a deep breath and answered Revali with a "Since you said please I guess that we will go find your bag." Ferrin looked down at his empty belt that once carried his sword.

"Well if we are going to get your bag we have to get my sword as well too while we are in there if that is ok with you?" His cuts from the talons are still bleeding and ruining his clothes to. As long as they do not get infected he will be fine, her hopes.

He waited for Revali to respond thinking of good dream that he had had when he was unconscious. Why would a dream like that appear to him? Ferrin looked back at Revali with another smile his black curly hair not l now covered in blood and sweat. Blood from the bird.

Ferrin thinks for a moment 'if a bird that bad smells I do not want to see the home of where it lives.'

"Oh and I am usually one to not be known to forget many things." "And yes I am from Kenash." For what it seems Ferrin feels that he can trust this young Revali. "Nice to meet you Revali."

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 21st, 2015, 11:38 pm

Revali smiled again at Ferrin. Instead of being disturbed by the boy's sudden, intimate hug, he seemed to appreciate the gesture. And, even though he was bloodied and should probably get to a healer, he was still willing to help Revali go find his bag. Revali couldn't believe his luck in finding such a friend.

"I r-really owe you. I'll have to repay you somehow. I can buy you a drink someday, if you'd l-like that?" Revali asked as he made his way to the treeline once more. "Or maybe doing some work for you would be more appropriate?"

With a deep breath, Revali swallowed the fear that was rising in his stomach and plunged in. Though he thought he had run in a straight line, he clearly had not. Either the path was not straightforward, or the clearing was much, much father than he remembered.

Revali shoved branches out of the way with his good arm, beating down tall weeds with his feet. His right arm lay cradled against his side, in the hopes that it would not be hurt by anything else. Despite his best efforts, the arm was brushed by sharp twigs and occasionally a tree trunk. Though the twigs didn't hurt much, the trunk collisions were a nightmare.

"Shyke!" Revali hissed quietly, after one such collision. Irritated, he called to Ferrin. "Can you l-lead the way? I'm too clumsy for this job."
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 22nd, 2015, 2:19 am

Ferrin

With the thought of going back through the woods Ferrins cuts started to sting a bit. He intends to ignore the pain since his father has taught him to be a fighter and not one to give up. The young Revali was telling him, "I r-really owe you. I'll have to repay you somehow. I can buy you a drink someday, if you'd l-like that?" A drink is what sounded pretty good, but if one knows Ferrin you can say that he does not enjoy the idea of drinking unless on special occasions.

Ferrin thought for a quick chime and before he could speak his answer Revali began running, sort of running towards clearing of the woods. He stopped though and Ferrin sprinted to get in a close spot to hear what Revali needed to say. Ferrin is a little weak from his cuts, but they don't luckily effect the lungs and other important organs inside his body. Maybe he should see a healer. As Ferrin ran towards Revali he stumbled a bit, but he was able to regain his stance.

Ferrin was successfully able to understand Revali now, "You want me to lead the way? You sure Revali?" Ferrin looked back into the continued maze of wood and bark. He sighs as if going into the woods was another thought of a death trap. But the thought of answering Revailis other question came to mind. And he answered thinking that it was an ok time, "A drink sounds good, but normally I am not much of a drinker, if it is a drink I would choose something on the lighter side." Ferrin hopes that the bird will not come back to strike them down again.

But he asks Revali, "And if I am leading the way, where would your bag of supplies be by any case, it should be close; close enough were we had met before?" He forced a small smile thinking about the dangerous things that could be lurking through the woods. Ferrin noticed that Revali was shielding his arm to prevent injury, or to prevent it from being more injured. But he chooses not to ask about it.

"After all Revali we need to be smart inside the woods, now you can say these woods can be dangerous. I'll try to protect us as much as I can"

As Ferrin finished the last word he was starting to knock in an arrow from his quiver with swift movements. He's preparing for another encounter, he also hopes that he can find his sword.

"As I also said before, we need to retrieve my sword, it kind of gives an importance to my life." He looked back at the dangerous woods, then back at Revali hoping that he can help him. Since Ferrin has almost gave his life for the young Revali. But he has also saved himself during the process. Maybe the sword could be the repayment?

Ferrin is becoming more acquainted with the young Revali and as time is slowly passing Ferrin stood waiting for a response or few from Revali.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 27th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Revali bowed his head thankfully as Ferrin took the lead. He could tell that the hunter was not enthusiastic about going first, and yet, he went ahead anyway. Again, Revali was struck by how lucky he was.

"My bag should be close to where we were. As long as the petching bird d-didn't take it." Revali laughed tensly, even though the statement was only half of a joke. "It will probably be close enough to your sword that w-we can grab both at the same time and run."

But even as Revali mentioned running, his legs muscles pulsed with fatigue. He was no runner, and had not sprinted so intensely for a long while- perhaps forever. However, when one's life was on the line, one could hardly worry about such trivial things as fatigue.

Soon enough, the pair of hikers reached the clearing where the bird had once been. To Revali's great relief, there was no sign of the bird, save for the feathers, blood, and threads of fabric littering the ground, and the trampled line of trees in one direction. Passing into the open, Revali spotted his bag quickly.

He scurried over to it, picking up the bag and scouring its contents. Everything seemed to be there. Revali hugged the bag in relief, squashing a few loose berries against his bare chest.

"I found the backpack!" He called to Ferrin without looking back at him. "Did you get your sword?"
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 27th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Ferrin
Date Here

As the young Revali scurried over to his pack Ferrin exhaled a mixture of oxygen and relievement though Ferrin isn't done with this journey yet. He heard Revali called back "Did you get your sword?" F
Ferrin scans the clearing to see if he can be able to find it.

"I don't see it yet, I think I need to go in deeper." Ferrin begins walking cautiously towards the clearing where the line of trees lay. He stopped suddenly spotting a trail of blood. Following that trail of blood a few yards away from it is aaa gleaming piece of metal buried under a pile of leaves.

Not knowing that he should call out to Revali, he followed the trail of blood carefully. Keeping s keen eye out for possible danger. As he neared to the weapon, his cuts on his body start to burn. He grunts as picks up his sword and sheaths it.

Blood is staining his shirt, and is still warm as Ferrin does all the motions. The trees in Ferrins vision seem like they are swaying through the evening wind as if they are just branches. His head begins to get fuzzy and vision suddenly became more blurry.

Ferrin attempts to walk back to the clearing hoping that he can get help. "Hey Val, I found it..." He forgot that he was too far for Revali to hear him. He takes more steps and each step gradually gets worse with the pain. He got to the clearing seeing Revali fully dressed, and he smiled.

"Val I found my sword. It was next to a trail of blood, probably from the giant of a bird." He grunts as he neared Val. Limping a bit, but trying his hardest to show that he doesn't have any problems. "Glad you found your bag Revali." He forced a smile. Expressing that he is ok.

"Are we all set?" "I'm ready to get out of these woods how about you?"

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 29th, 2015, 2:30 am

Revali couldn't help but laugh of relief when he saw that Ferrin had his sword. Finally, they could leave this day behind them.

"Let's get out of here." Revali agreed, slinging his backpack over his good arm. Though the stabbing pain had dulled to an ache, it was still sore, and he did not wish to inure it more than he already had. If he had to guess, he would say he strained a muscle in his fall, just by landing on it the wrong way. But, of course, he was no doctor. For all he knew, he could have popped his arm out of place.

Ferrin, on the other hand, was in much worse shape, and it showed. His cuts were still leaking blood, and they were so dirty that it made Revali's stomach churn to look at them. On top of that, Ferrin looked as though he might topple over at any moment. He was limping ever so slightly, and he swayed on his feet when he tried to stand still. Though the man tried to hide it, Revali could see all too well. Revali knew there was no way he could carry the full-grown man to the treeline, let alone all the way to Syliras, so he opted to simply rush back while they were both still conscious. He scurried forward as quickly as his feet would carry him, heading towards the path they had traversed on the way in.

"Come on. Let's get the petch out of here." Revali reached out to offer his empty hand. "I can carry something if you need. Just until we get b-back to the city. And," He added jokingly, "Maybe I can get you that drink once you're all patched up, huh? Help you forget all these t-troubles."

OOCI think we can end this thread pretty soon. If you want to make another post just to wrap things up, go ahead. Then we should probably turn it in.
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext