Completed Hunt or be Hunted?

Ferrin is taking an early morning hunt to get used to the area of the wild lands. Who knows what he'll encounter?!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 30th, 2015, 12:36 am

Ferrin

The day passes by with gusts of wind brushing against the blood coated body of the young hunter. The force of the wind makes balancing troublesome. He even staggers as he walks, though the attempt to hide the pain was a fail, Revali was able to sense that Ferrin was unable to hide it.

When Revali asked Ferrin if he can give assistance, Ferrin replies "I don't know if you can be able to carry my bow, it is a little heavy. You think that you can handle it?" He swayed a bit to the left handing Revali his longbow. Ferrin smiled about the drink, an idea of a drink sounds like a good one.

"A drink sounds like a good idea." His cuts and tears on his body burn, as they are exposed to the open getting infected as the time passes by. "Maybe we can also find a healer?" The trees taunting the young Ferrin, to feel the emotion of fear and worry. But Ferrin isn't scared of these things 'that petching bird, I'll kill you next time I see you.' He thought.

Ferrin glances back at the maze of trees feeling a little in easy. But he quickly turned his head back to the young Revali. Hoping that he can at least find a healer for him in time.

OOCA couple more should work. I apologize for the shortness of this post.]

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on October 3rd, 2015, 9:25 pm

Ferrin and Revali's trek back to the city was neither short, nor simple. With both of the two injured, and with little skill already, they were not exactly conquering the wilderness. Revali stumbled over rocks, just barely keeping his balance, and branches swung back in his face as he passed them by.

Add to that the fact that Revali was carrying a longbow that was nearly as big as him, and you had a recipe for disaster. However, he fared well, and made it back to civilization as safely as could be hoped. He had minimal scratches on his body, and his arm was only faintly aching, so long as he held it still.

Waving his good arm with the longbow in it, Revali tried to garner some attention. This wasn't difficult for the shirtless boy and the bloodied man, and quickly he was speaking to a woman about finding a healer. She nodded, walking away with a certain urgency, ushering them along. Revali ushered in turn to Ferrin, and the parade of three marched on into Syliras.
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 3rd, 2015, 10:56 pm

Ferrin

With pain slowly decreasing, Ferrin looked up to the young Revali and waved back as he gestured that he had gotten a healer. That longbow seemed a little ridiculous in Revailis grasp. It looks just as long as him. And it kind of muses Ferrin a bit.

He shouldn't laugh, or smile so it quickly washed away on his face, but he couldn't help it the thought of finally making it to the city. It was exciting. He felt like he can run a thousand miles no less than that. But he almost forgot of his injuries so he didn't try.

The young woman, Revali, and Ferrin all trudged into the Fortress City of Peace. And in a matter of fact the city itself felt peaceful, and the thought of being relieved came across to Ferrin. Now that he will be able to be healed he made a new friend along the journey. Some limping behind Revali, he said to Revali "Thank you for helping b me Revali." "Maybe I can repay you by showing you how to use a longbow eh?" He smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll be helping you," Ferrin thought that maybe Revali and him could create a special bond like as really good friends at least. And maybe he can have an excuse to leave the Heralds Arms.

The city's streets are built with layres of cobblestone, and are now covered with thousands upon thousands of people. And buildings lie on either side of the streets. Hope that the guard knows where she is going. Well she probably has been here longer than Ferrin can imagine.

Hope that all days aren't like this. Hunting in the woods can be a little dangerous, but it is all about caution and observation. While hunting.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Sayana on January 3rd, 2016, 3:44 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Ferrin
Skills
  • Observation: 5
  • Weapon: Longbow: 1
  • Intimidation: 2
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Socialization: 5
  • Storytelling: 1
  • Leadership: 1
  • Tactics: 3
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Endurance: 5
  • Weapon: Short Broadsword: 1
  • Running: 3
  • Land Navigation: 3
  • Wilderness Survival: 2
  • Tracking: 1
Lores
  • Hunting: Detecting an animal from a rustling noise
  • Kelvic: Animal shapeshifter race
  • Revali: Kelvic Meerkat from Syliras
  • Kriital: Giant predator of a bird
  • Intimidation: Shooting an arrow to scare away a predator
Injuries
Scratches on leg: 7 days to heal with medical attention or 15 days to heal without medical care.
Bruises on legs and arms from the fall from the tree: 5 days to heal.

Revali
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Comments
If you become unretired, please PM me and I will grade this.

Comments: Unfortunately, at the beginning I was unable to award you points for killing the coyote since Ferrin was playing above his skill level. A novice level archer would not be able to hit a small killing target like the throat of a quickly moving coyote. Otherwise, I quite enjoyed the story and the encounter with the Kriital was much more believable.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous