The Big Top's Needed Elsewhere [Circus Members Plz]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 30th, 2010, 12:36 pm

80 of Fall

Cheska pulled her cloak more tightly around her thin frame, leaning closer to Acorn, her horse. The chestnut horse's breath was visible in the cold morning air, little puffs of steam rising from his nostrils.

She had gathered up all her belongings, they were few enough after all, and had packed them safely away in her saddlebags. Cheska shivered, not from the early morning chill, but the fact that she was off into the wilderness once again. It had been frightening, but at least Sunberth was a city. The wilds frightened the girl, and she tightened her grip on the reins. The circus was off to Zeltiva, to their first performance. There would be enough merriment on the way, she supposed, what with everyone practicing their acts. But the thought of going through dangerous landscapes gave her the shivers.

"Jokor!" she called over her shoulder. "All set?"
Out of town 23- 30 of December
Cheska Mallina
Player

Words: 14306
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 30th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Jokor was busy ripping of small shreds of the blanket he stole from Cheska. And tied the pieces around his feet to keep them warm.
"Jokor!" he heard cheska yell. "All set?"
He finished covering his feet and stood up, throwing the blanket around his shoulders as a makeshift cloak.
"Yeah, I got my stuff." He said as he walked towards her."Lets get on the road shall we? The sooner I am out of the hellhole the better. I wasted 16 years of my life here." He shivered a bit as he felt the cold seep through his clothes. "When do we get moving I am going to freeze if I don't stay in motion."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Essik on December 1st, 2010, 9:15 pm

OOCShould I just assume that I passed he audition? If not, I’ll just delete this post.

Essik still knelt next to his pack, adjusting a few things inside of it. He wanted to make sure that everything was situated properly for the journey. He knew the pain that an unblanaced cargo load could briung and he didn’t want to have to endure that over this trip. He didn’t even know how long this trip was going to take. He knew it wouldn’t be short, though. At least a few days worth of travel. But this is what he had wanted; a chance to get out and see other cities and travel. So he was ready for the trip.

Once he was sure that everything was packed right, he stood, carrying the pack up and slinging it over his shoulders. He tightened the straps down tight to keep it as close to his body as possible. He looked over to where Jokor was and shook his head slightly,” You know, if you want, we could get you some shoes to travel with. Don’t have to wear them while you’re out grifting.” He smiled jokingly to him, “So, you had a chance to think about doing a joint performance with the knife throwing? I’m no slouch myself. Hell, I’m going to include it on the tight rope act, anyway. You want, we could work on me dodging knives you throw at me while on the tight rope.” He chuckled a little bit, seeing if he could entice the young man into doing a joint act.

Essik took a second to check all his weapons once more. He wore his entire assortment on him whenever he was going for an extended journey, even if it was just in the city. And in the wilderness, there was no telling what they would run into. So he wanted to be ready for anything. His short bow hung from a clasp on the side of his bag, next to his broad head arrows. It would be easy enough to grab if needed. But his first response weapons were always his throwing knives. They were able to be drawn and thrown with the flick of a wrist. So if anyone popped up, he could deliver two quickly and usually give himself enough time to draw his sword and drop his pack, giving him ease of movement to fight.

After a second, Essik looked over to where Cheska was checking the saddlebags of her horse. He figured that he was going to have to buy a beast of burden sooner or later. But for now, he was content on making journies on foot. It would help build his endurance and teach him to block out the pain of aching muscles much easier. More skills that he could put to use later. He slowly walked over to where she stood, smiling to her as he took a second to look over her face once more, “So when do we set out? Do you think there might be a slim chance I could take Jokor over and get him some clothes so he doesn't freeze to death whenever we make camp for the nights?”
Essik
"No...."

Words: 84827
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rosetta on December 3rd, 2010, 12:56 pm

Rosetta had finished packing and was now sitting in one of the bags Cheska's horse was carry. The young pycon thought it was a very pretty horse. Though everyone around her looked uncomfortable and were putting on more layers, she felt nothing at all. She had heard that with the change seasons, that the temperature changed, but she had never really felt this change before.

She patiently watched as everyone finished thier packing and were ready to go. She looked at the now bare trees that were scatered all over the city. A few flecks of snow had fallen but not many. With a calm sigh, she leaned back in the saddle bag and waited to depart.
Rosetta
When flying through the air, don't look down.

Words: 5661
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on December 3rd, 2010, 5:38 pm

Leiwinn was also busy checking over her gear, making sure everything was set and ready to go. She had purchased a large three person cart and an ox for the trip. While she had entertained the idea of actually riding in the cart, she turned that idea after looking around and seeing everyone laden with there own luggage. She hadn't met any of the other members yet, with the exception of Cheska, though she had seen a couple. But she figured she needed to break the ice, and so she walked over to where the other three stood, clearing her voice.

"Ahem.. uh, hi. I'm Leiwinn, nice to meet all of you." Leiwinn nodded at Cheska, having already met her before. "Uh.. so, if anyone wants to lighten their load a bit, I have a cart over there you're welcome to use." Leiwinn pointed to the large cart with the equally large ox strapped to it, currently loaded with only her possessions. There was plenty of room left on the cart to carry everyone else's stuff, and then some. "I also have an extra tent large enough for two or three people. It takes a while to put up, but if anybody needs shelter, you're welcome to it while we're on the road. If there's anything else we need, I'd be willing to chip in some mizas to get it before we leave."

Leiwinn had not traveled much. Though she was from a land far away, the entire journey to Sunberth she had been unconscious, and that was by sea anyway. This would be her first major journey, although Zeltiva wasn't all that far off. She hoped everything would go smoothly.

Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Kusuri on December 5th, 2010, 5:33 am

Kusuri had been siting down sketching everything before making her presence known with a very simple statement. I'm hungry. Truthly she has been putting off eating cause it's such a pain but now the pain of not eating was getting to her. Then she noticed Jokor who she had nicknamed Shorty, and smiled a bit. Shorty remember me? She was beeming with hapiness at the moment seeing the familer face. She went through her shawl, trying to look like she to was busy doing something instead of being bored. Pretending to run through an imaginary check list. She had learned to travel light that's what she though, really it's just cause she lost everything that was necesary. It's a wonder she survived this long......
"Storms of flame and ash,
take all the colour away,
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Words: 16846
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2010, 1:42 am
Location: On top of mount fudge watching all the ice cream melt
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on December 11th, 2010, 10:50 am

OOCSorry for my absence guys :( .
Essik, I think you'll need to get a mods permission to write a post in the Fall since that season's ended already

Cheska looked around. It seemed that everyone was here. "We should be setting out soon, I think. But I think there's enough time to make sure Jokor doesn't freeze," she smiled up at Essik, not really knowing what to say. A few bells of waiting were well worth making sure that Jokor didn't die on the way.

The rest of the group seemed to be getting along fine. Cheska wasn't much of a leader, but she was finding herself in such a position far more often than she'd ever think possible. She'd leave them to their conversation.
Out of town 23- 30 of December
Cheska Mallina
Player

Words: 14306
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on December 11th, 2010, 2:05 pm

Jokor scoffed at the grifting comment not getting the joke at all, "Like I would need to be barefoot to be able to sneak well,I got years of practice with it!"
He looked at Essik thinking a bit about what the offer of a joint performance
"Sure why the hell not, I don't know how so don't begin whining at me when you have a knife sticking out of your ass or some other place, I don't know medicine so I won't be able to help you." Jokor chuckled a bit at that image,"Besides I would probably be to busy laughing to be able to help you."
Jokor shook his head trying to get the image out of his head.Looking at Essik as he offered to buy him some clothes."Sure, I don't wanna die out there."

After he was done talking to essik he nervously looked towards the vast open plains outside of sunberth, the gently rolling hills devoid of any cover of the elements or hiding places when it became to hot under his feet. He clutched his katar that he had hidden underneath his clothes, wrapped up in cloth so that it didn't make to much noise when he walked or somebody bumped into him, that and of course that it didn't cut through him when he walked. It would be a bit awkward to fight immediately of course, the wrappings had to be removed before he could actually could do damage and that would take time.

he looked around at the other people who where with the circus, looking for the ones that he didn't know.
"Ahem.. uh, hi. I'm Leiwinn, nice to meet all of you." the only person he didn't know yet said. Jokor gave her a quick nod acknowledging she was there.
Not bothering to say anything else just trying to calm himself down at the prospect of going into completely unfamiliar terrain, Ready to start a whole new chapter in the book of his life.Not paying attention to rest of her offer while he did so. Though he was pulled out of that rare introspective moment as somebody called him shorty.
He turned towards the voice a look of irritation and anger on his face.
"Ok who the heck was the idiot that called me short!"
He blanched when he saw the girl that he scammed earlier this season.his eyes immediately going to the katana they had at their waist. He pulled out his katar and pointed the wicked looking weapon towards her.
"Before you ask no I do not give you your money back! Its your fault that you got scammed anyway!" He looked at the girl with suspicion in his eyes and was ready to beat her into submission if he had to.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Essik on December 12th, 2010, 5:59 am

Essik looked to Jokor, puzzled for a moment, “Wait… you’re telling me that you’re supposed to have an act as a knife thrower, but you don’t even know how to throw knives? How the petch does that work?” Essik looked to the ground for a moment, pondering the thought of getting stuck with one of the knives while walking across a rope suspended far enough off the ground to possibly kill him should he fall, “No no o, this will not do at all, will it? I guess that we’ll have to work on getting you some practice with the knives while we travel as well. Can’t have me getting killed, can we?” He looked to Cheska as she told them that they’d have enough time to get a few things purchased. He bowed his head to her, “Thank you. I promise not to be too long. Just have to run over to the Seaside Market to get a few things in a pinch. Be back in a flash.”

He turned to get Jokors attention to bring him along, but was cut short as he saw the young man brandish a katar from under his clothes. Essik’s jaw clenched tight as he watched the young man shouting something about scamming someone to one of the other members of the group. Reflexively, Essik’s hand flipped under his coat, his fingers wrapping around the cold metal grip of one of his throwing knives. His eyes fixed on Jokor as he stood there trying to look menacing. He didn’t know what the dispute was about, but he wasn’t about to let it get violent. Of course, that was a pretty stupid thing to think when his first reaction was to cause violence. But still, he couldn’t get his hand to leave the grip of the knife as he stood there, “Jokor! What the Petch are you doing, brandishing a weapon towards another member of this group? Are you petching Daft!? Put that away before you find that hand removed from its arm. I’m pretty sure you don’t have the money to pay a healer to reattach it. So put that thing away and let’s see to getting you the gear you need to keep you from freezing to death on this trip.”
Essik
"No...."

Words: 84827
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rosetta on December 19th, 2010, 1:08 am

At the sound of the threats, Rosetta jumped out of the bag and walked toward them. "Hey!" she said looking up to the man who was yelling a Jokor. "Don't be hurting him! It's not polite. And you," she said turning toward Jokor, "Don't point weapons at people! It's fun and games until someone loses a foot."

After yelling at the two men she looked back up the one she first yelled at. "If you two are going to the market together, I'm coming with you. I can't have you two fighting and I need somemore clay." She declaired, now waiting for one of them to start walking to the market.
Rosetta
When flying through the air, don't look down.

Words: 5661
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Next