Going Solo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Going Solo

Postby Kyo on September 18th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Is it considered obnoxious to write a whole ton of solos? I've never really done too many solos before, and all of a sudden I have something to write about (Kyo's new job + training his new puppy), and so I've already done maybe 4 solos this season. It's easier for me to do solos because they're fast, so my health doesn't limit the number as much as it does normal threads, which take much more time.

I'm afraid however that I'm just adding a heavier workload to graders, and to my ST in particular. Plus I don't know how interesting most solos are to grade, and don't want to bore everyone.

Any opinions? Is it acceptable to write solos and not submit them for grading, maybe?

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Going Solo

Postby Keene Ward on September 18th, 2015, 11:22 pm

If it's annoying, I'm super annoying.

I think that f you're going to write a ton of solos, just put as much effort or more into your writing. Make it exciting, intriguing, or at the very least interesting enough that it's not just half baked words thrown down to get some skills or tell just the beginning of a story, that sort of thing, I know when I grade I really just love to see the effort that someone puts in to telling a story, even if it's long or just a bunch of solos. :)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Going Solo

Postby Ssezzkero on September 18th, 2015, 11:45 pm

I love reading solos with a good plot when I grade them. I really don't think anyone will mind. :)
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Going Solo

Postby Tribal on September 18th, 2015, 11:51 pm

1. I love your solos.
2. Don't ever stop yourself from doing something because you're worried about the strain you're putting on the ST. If I don't feel up to grading something I won't until I find that time/ energy.
3. Write on!
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Going Solo

Postby Kyo on September 19th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the replies! I just worry about other people, I guess, especially graders. Don't want to be a bother.

But since you all said such nice things about it, I'll try not to worry so much and just do what I do when I can. And always put effort into my writing, of course. Thanks again! ^_^

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes