Question about past lives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Rhu on October 28th, 2015, 12:49 pm

I've noticed that some people's characters have past lives, and am a little confused about what that means. Could someone please explain to me the following:

1. How does a person get a past life for their character (I'm assuming I'd need to apply for it at the help desk?)
2. How does a character discover their past lives - if they ever can.
3. How does a past life effect the character, if at all. I mean, can you get lore from doing past life flashbacks (assuming you can do past life flashbacks, that is), or something?

Many thanks in advance. :-)
Common | Threads: 4/5 | Myrian
Rhu
Player

Words: 30387
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2015, 4:12 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tribal on October 28th, 2015, 6:28 pm

1. No I think you can just make one up.
2. I want to say it is tied to dreaming but I don't think it's meant to be easy to discover a past life.
3. I don't think it does it just fleshes out a history before their history if you will.

I'm sorry I'm no expert on this, in fact I think the best answers will come from someone like Goss. If anyone else has any information, please add, I'm very interested to know also!
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on October 28th, 2015, 6:35 pm

All I know about pastlives is that there are some gnosis to help you discover it (I think one of them is dreamwalking) and there is also a lost discipline of magic called Reminiscence being worked on by Gillar that ties into the discovery of past lives. A very skilled Hypnotist (I think master level) may be able to draw out some details of a pastlife as well via Trance.

Here is some info from a quick search >.> from Gillar. I know there is MORE information about the lost discipline out there, I just dont have the time right now to find it >.>'
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)