Closed A Chilly Day for Training (Joanna)

Joanna teaches Ferrin all sorts of things. But this is just the beginning.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Chilly Day for Training (Joanna)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 14th, 2015, 1:26 am

Ferrin

Joanna gave out a battlecry before Ferrin had had known about the counterstrike. Her mace moved swiftly up over his head. "See? You won't hurt me." Joanna had said. "If this was a real skirmish, I might've." Ferrin thought. But he didn't want to say something like it out loud. Or else she might make him run the perimeter of the forest. Since Ferrin had had just met Joanna, he has no sense of what Joanna might do. ."But nice work. You could really menace a motionless target."
"Thank you. Er a captain." Ferrin smiled at the thought. Even though he still had stammered his wording a bit. It still had had felt weird that someone he had just met. He didn't figure on calling them 'Captain.' As quickly. Now Ferrin wasn't sure if it was an insult or a compliment? It isn't like he isn't good with a sword. His father taught him to know the basics of wielding a short sword.

"I kid. Your form was good. And your execution was near-flawless" Well now, it made Ferrin feel better and a bit more relieved when she said it. Ferrin smiled warmly.
"Thank you." Ferrin said simply. He wished that he was an expert with this weapon, but it takes time to perfect something such as this sword.

"Of course, as you can probably tell, not every opponent will wait for you to attack them. You have to keep yourself ready for anything to happen, and avoid using any attack that would stop you in your tracks or otherwise make you wide open. Instead, use attacks you can quickly recover from. Basically, keep moving, keep attacking, and stay Kinetic. Its a fighting strategy I call 'Battle Momentum'."

It was unrecognizable to Ferrin. The term "Battle Momentum" it was a moderate strategy. Speaking of, which he is glad that he is learning some strategies otherwise he'll just be stabbing, thrusting, poking, etcetera. Ferrin nodded, he didn't have any questions. He understood the strategy. He at least knows of the ideal topics of it.
"I like it. Not to hard for one to comprehend." Ferrin said gently. Adding a bit of apprehension on the side. He felt shaky though, he didn't want things to be more difficult ad this was his first day of training. Well training with Joanna. He was told to not talk back to his superiors. Especially when one was as nice-like as Joanna. But even then, he still shouldn't talk back to them.

"Now try attacking me again, but be ready for a counter attack." Ferrin reared back into his previous position once again. Shifting through the dirt and fallen twigs and leaves. He thrusted the blade tip towards the armour of Joanna armour. Preparing himself for a counterattack. He was read this time. As he had thrusted the blade, his muscles tensed with unison as they to prepare themselves for the next motion filled strike. Hoping to keep the momentum going. He thought "How crazy is this?" Obviously it wasn't normal for Ferrin to start training by attacking his teacher right away. He wasn't sure if Joanna intended this to be today's session because Ferrin hadn't felt comfortable with it one bit so far. Maybe it is just because he is training with a new teacher instead of his father?

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2