[Flashback] What's in a name?(blythe)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Jokor on December 11th, 2010, 1:07 am

the boy just took a bite out of the found apple when blythe let him go, happily chewing while he looked at the women, not really getting why she was getting so worked up about things like that. He ate garbage all the time and he knew when they where talking about him.
He threw away the inedible part of the apple and just began digging. through the trash once more, not thinking he was doing anything wrong here, it was how he lived as far as he could remember.
"are you sure you don't have a name?" blythe asked? stressing the sure, making the question sound fairly important.
The kid just looked up from the pile of trash he was digging through at the moment.
"Told blythe, Me no name." he just shrugged before he began to dig through the trash again not taking any heed about what she was muttering to herself, It would probably not be very important anyway. Tossing the the stuff that wasn't edible,even by his standards, behind him. A scowl spread on his face as he didn't find anything that could still his hunger in this pile of trash.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 11th, 2010, 5:12 am

The boy started to dig through the trash again, presumably, for something to eat. Blythe sighed, there was no stopping him. The kid was hungry, and could more than likely, easily consume all of her supplies, and then some.

"Told blythe, Me no name," the boy said, as he stopped for a moment, before returning to the trash.

Blythe didn't know what to do, this kid had to have a name. Some place he came from. Something. Blythe sighed heavily. Now what? she wondered, as she watched the boy throw items he deemed useless behind him.

That made her think, perhaps, if the boy didn't have one, she should come up with one for him. Something better than what everyone around here seemed to call him. Those names, those could certainly be tossed in the trash along with everything else she saw him throw over his shoulder, she thought.

"Would you like me to name you?" Blythe asked the boy, wondering if he had even heard, he just seemed so occupied with what he was doing. "That way, I'll have something to call you," she added, thinking about it some more.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jokor on December 12th, 2010, 12:03 am

The little boy stopped with searching through the piles of trash littering the alley when he head blythe talk to him again.
"Would you like me to name you?" the kid just blinked at her when she said that.
"That way, I'll have something to call you," A confused look came over his face as he did heard blythe say that, not really getting what was wrong with calling him those names he said a few moments ago.He just gave her a nod and looked towards her, ignoring the piles of trash and his grumbling stomach for a while.
A goofy smile came on his face as the offer sunk in, nobody asked him to give him a name, most just called him what they wanted and that was that.

OOC: sorry for the short post, I had no other idea for it. :((
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 12th, 2010, 1:06 am

"Well alright then," Blythe smiled, now wondering what on earth she should name him. Blythe was unfamiliar with the names of his people, as in people who were, presumably human. Having rarely left Mura, she knew nothing other than Konti names.

Guess one of the Konti names she knew would have to do, she thought to herself as the wind whipped past again, and she shuttered. My it was cold, she thought to herself as she started rattling off names in her head. S'min no that just sounds awful. Paul? Well, it's better, she thought, but he sure didn't seem like a Paul. Alex'via? No that was terrible.

My, she thought, this really is rough, considering she has never needed to think up names, especially one for a boy. Alfred? Oh goodness no. Torc? No. Blythe was doing her best to think of something; anything, but couldn't help but feel as though she was coming up short.

And then it hit her, "what about J'kar?" she asked the boy. "Do you like that name?"
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on December 13th, 2010, 11:22 am

"Well alright then," Blythe gave a small smile. The little boy just nodded, the goofy smile slowly changing into a giddy one for some reason the boy himself didn't understand.
"Sure, can me wait!" He scooted a bit closer towards the woman, not noticing that she was shivering in the cold and waited until she said something again.
He looked up, seeing blythe had a strange frown on her face, he just leaned his head a bit to the side in confusion as he saw it.
"What about J'kar?" Blythe said the thinking expression vanishing from her face as she looked at him."Do you like that name?" The little boy's goofy smile went even wider as the woman gave him a name.
"J'kar." The newly named J'kar said, trying out his new name. "Yes me like." Not noticing at all that the name he just got from blythe was a konti name.
He looked up at her with the same silly grin. The boy's stomach however decided that it didn't like being ignored and made a growling noise.
"Ah, you still food?" he looked op at her pleading for some more food.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm

"J'kar." The newly named J'kar said, trying out his new name. "Yes me like." Blythe smiled down at the boy and ruffled his greasy hair with her right hand. "Glad you like it," she said, as another shiver shot down her spine, and the faint sounds of the boy's stomach rumbling became more and more audible.

"Ah, you still food?" J'kar asked, looking up at her. Blythe laughed. "No, I'm not food... at least, I hope not." She paused. "You meant to ask, 'do you have any more food?'" she corrected him as J'kar's stomach rumbled again. "And yes, I do have some," she said.

Blythe looked down at her bag, and handed the boy another apple. "Just take your time eating it J'kar," she told him, as she held out the shiny red and green fruit for him. "Wouldn't want to give yourself a stomach ache," she warned, as her teeth started chattering again, my it's cold, she thought to herself.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on December 14th, 2010, 6:45 pm

"Glad you like it," Blythe said as she ruffled his hair J'kar leaning a bit closer towards her as she did, the goofy smile widening a bit.
"No, I'm not food... at least, I hope not." She answered on his question from a few moments ago, slightly pausing before continuing.
"You meant to ask, 'do you have any more food?'" J'kar just gave her an impatient nod, just wanting her to hurry up and answer.
"And yes, I do have some," She looked down in her bag and after a few moments of rummaging around she handed J'kar another apple, the little boy quickly snatching it out of her hand and digging in ignoring blythes warning to take it easy and just tried to get it down as fast as he could, inching a bit closer to blythe as he did so. Huddeling a bit closer to the shivering female, though he didn't notice she was shivering at all.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Blythe watched as J'kar greedily grabbed the apple she held out to him, and began to eat it quickly, biting into it over and over without having finished the previous bite, and chewing, swallowing with a gulp. Blythe laughed, she couldn't help it, in a strange way, she found it cute. But at the same time, she had a funny feeling he'd be sick soon enough.

"Thought I told you to slow down," she laughed, eyeing the young boy some more, and shivering again. Perhaps it was hopeless to try and direct him, he obviously wasn't going to listen to her, or at least, it sure seemed that way. She couldn't remember him ever listening to her before. Blythe sighed again, and started to jump up and down in place a bit, trying to warm up, but it didn't really work.

Blythe looked down the alley way. Sighed again. Blythe had just started to remember why she was here, in Sunberth. Finding the task monumental, and seemingly hopeless, she sighed some more. Blythe didn't want to leave the boy, but she knew she would have to soon enough, and she didn't know how to break it to him, or how to pull herself away.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on December 14th, 2010, 11:40 pm

J'kar just stopped from devouring the apple for a minute as the woman began to laugh.
"Thought I told you to slow down," Blythe told him again, J'kar just made a face and took another big bite out of the apple before smiling at her again. Clearly stating that he really didn't care about what she said, well it was his loss when he would feel cramps or something else after a few hours.
He gave blythe a confused look as she began to jump up and down to get herself warm not really knowing why she was doing it.
"why you jumping?" J'kar looked at her like she had lost her mind. "Nobody else is jumping why you?" He blinked and gave her a strange look, still periodically taking a bite out of his apple.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 15th, 2010, 1:01 am

"Why you jumping?" J'kar asked. "Nobody else is jumping why you?" finished. The boy blinked, and continued to devour the apple. "It's cold," Blythe replied as her teeth continued to chatter. "This is no place for a konti like me," she finished, as she started jumping, AND rubbing her hands together to help her keep warm.

"Jumping like this, is supposed to help you keep warm," Blythe said after some silence. She looked off down the alley again, perhaps she should make her exit, she still had to look a bit for Briar's friend, hopefully he wasn't dead, but in this place, one could never be sure. Blythe looked down at the little boy again, her heart feeling heavy. She knew she'd have to leave him eventually, it may be better if she did it sooner rather than later, that way there was less of a chance that she'd become too attached. But she didn't know how to tell the boy she had to leave, and a part of her wanted the cloak back, even though the boy was sure to need it more than she.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext