[Flashback] What's in a name?(blythe)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Jokor on December 15th, 2010, 10:52 pm

"It's cold," Blythe answered. Quite hard to understand with her chattering teeth."This is no place for a konti like me," J'kar blinked as she called herself a konti."Whats a konti?" J'kar asked, a curious look in his eyes as he looked up towards her. Not really getting the hint that he should give her back the cloak.
He just waited until blythe said something, though she was a bit busy with jumping up and down, to answer him.

"Jumping like this, is supposed to help you keep warm," Blythe said, breaking the silence, looking down the alley.
"Hey, you not answer!" J'kar said while tugging on her dress trying to get her attention. "What is konti?" He just continued to look up at her, nearly burning in curiosity to find it out."Me wanna know!" He whined in the way only little kids could do as they wanted to know something. Pulling a bit harder on her dress, surely getting her attention with that.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Blythe on December 15th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Blythe kept jumping up and down, unable to hear or concentrate on anything other than the fact that she was freezing. "Hey, you not answer!" J'kar said as he pulled on Blythe's dress. It got her attention. She looked down at him. "Sorry..." she mumbled, not realizing the boy had asked her something.

"What is konti?" he began, there was a pause, "me wanna know!" he whined. J'kar began pulling harder and harder on her dress. He had her full attention now. Blythe thought about it for a moment, how should she explain what her race of people were? Deciding to do her best, she said, "mizahar contains several races... different types of people, with different personalities and characteristics. Looks... abilities..." Blythe was struggling to find the right words.

"I'm a konti," she continued. Trying, again, to find the right words, as the boy looked up at her, pleading for an answer, or so it seemed. "Kontis are a race of all women. We come from the White Isle, which is a long way from here, and very beautiful... but then again, I may be biased because I live there. Always have..." Blythe's voice trailed off before she continued her answer to J'kar's question.

"Kontis tend to have light skin and eyes, and fair hair. They are the children of the goddess of visions and divination, Avalis. They are all marked at least once by the goddess, and are often gifted fortune tellers."

The boy was still looking up at her, she had a feeling he had no idea what she just said. So she patted his head, and smiled, hoping he'd forget the question. She looked up from him again, and out towards the alley and the streets beyond. It was about time Blythe be going. Blythe started to walk towards the street, shivering, hoping the boy wouldn't follow or ask questions, she was never good with good-byes or explanations for them.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mastermind on December 19th, 2010, 7:48 pm

AWARDS

Jokor

Skills
Running +1, Observation +2, Begging +2

Lores
The Importance of Watching Where You Are Going
The Kindness of Foreigners
Ways to Stay Warm

Notes
There were a few lores I would have awarded, but you already have them :p

Blythe

Skills
Running +1, Observation +2, Interrogation +1, Teaching +1

Lores
The Reality of Life in Sunberth
Orphans Have it Tough in Sunberth
The Innocence of Children
The Difficulty of Names
Explaining to a Child

ALL
Nice to see flashbacks. I'd really like to see this referenced in current threads as well. I'm sure this is an important memory for both PCs.
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Previous