PM to join [Antinous Fighting Pit]Training is Fun, Maybe? (Garland)

Ferrin and Garland spar at the pits. Others are welcome to join. And or watch.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Fighting Pit]Training is Fun, Maybe? (Garland)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 24th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Ferrin
Eighty Third of Fall 515

Winds blew ever so fiercly. The cold brushing against exposed skin. A day to practice ones fighting. Ferrin couldn't have chosen a better day. Say far from better, it would be fine if it was spring or summer, but on a cold day? Ferrin shivered a bit. As the wind stroked his skin. Maybe I should go get something more fitting for this weather? Ferrin thought. Ferrins' short broadsword , belted to his side.

The young hunyer, walking along with the flow of people throughout Winthrop Alley. People chattering and complaining about the cold and how it came so quickly. Others just eager to get where they needed to go. Ferrin on the other hand just wanted to escape this river of people flooding the streets. It wasn't long till he reached the spot where he wanted to go. Passing buildings and companies adjacent to the streets. The spot described to Ferrin had been met. It was especially something.

A courtyard filled with dirt and bordered by bricks that seemed to be weathered away and chisled. A couple of Knights seemed to be gathering over by a soon to be starting duel. A duel amongst two other Knights, or maybe squires. Trying to prove which one is better of one. With all of this armor Ferrin feels a bit uncomfortable, all he has is his leather jerkin and cotton clothing. Off in the opposite end, racks of dull weapons were placed in an unordered manner. But the weapons are easily decipherable.

Ferrin strolled casually towards the group of Knights to see what was all of the commotion about. One of the Knights was boasting about his swordplay ability. The others were teasing and taunting him coming up with harmful remarks about his swordplay. Some jokes the others made seem to be a bit cruel in Ferrins' opinion. Ferrin took a look at his sword, sheating it. It looks a bit sharper than all of the others up on the racks. Ferrin unsheathed the blade back into the hold.

Shame, Ferrin thought. I really wanted to use my blade. He strolled on the opposite side of the courtyard to the racks, the wind still pushing against his exposed skin. It doesn't bother him much though. Picking up dirt as he walks. The racks were larger than Ferrin thought of them to be. Some blades were rusted, some left intended for years so it seems. As Ferrin searched through the piles of weapons. Ferrin found a decent short broadsword.

The hilt rusted a tad bit, the tip of the blade dull. But other than that everything is just fine. Be turned around looking for someone that might be at equal strength. The Knights/Squires were still chatting and conversing with one another. He thought he saw a familiar face, but he wasn't sure. Maybe I should go on and join the group? Ferrin asked himself. Still deciding, he ended up being lost in thought. Which was something that Ferrin ended up doing a lot of lately.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on December 1st, 2015, 1:21 pm

Today was the day a few knights thought it would be a good idea to show off their squires and how has the bigger sword so to speak.

Catherine was sadly off on some mission and Garland had been left to his own devices. The training grounds for the knights and squires had the best training in the entire city, but there was just something about the Fighter's Pit that made it feel... better to Garland.

Maybe it was the rough atmosphere or no-holds-barred spars, but it just seems more real to Garland. Sometimes even knights can act all high and mighty, they seem to think they own the pits, and in turn the squires felt rather snobby too.

No one dared to oppose the knights or their squires, but no one actually cared for their boasting. Garland took a blade from the rack, he felt the weight of it, it wasn't too heavy or too light, the blades were blunted and nicked.

Though most of the blades were rusted or blunted, there were still a few people that need to keep the weapons at least presentable. Notably, a few young boys under Ser Gerard Anthonius, they ran around, cleaning blades, and cleaning the pit when needed.

Garland wasn't really in the mood to fight or spar, he was content feeling the cold on his exposed face. He placed the blade back on the rack and thought that maybe it was time to head off, he didn't really feel like training with anyone right now.

Just as soon as Garland was about to walk off, he had a body falling to the sandy ground followed by a number of clangs from various weapons. Garland turned and saw one of the squires laughing and pointing at the fallen boy, he looked barely fifteen years of age.

Garland couldn't tolerate bullies, no matter their profession or their rank. Garland marched right up towards them and pushed the bullying squire off. If their patrons weren't busy seeing who's tougher, they could have stopped them.

Garland helped the boy up, and the boy thanked him and quickly picked up the weapons and ran off.

"What's your problem, shyke-head."

Being a smartass that he is. Garland just smirked and replied. "Oh nothing, I thought you were a donkey with how you were laughing, it hurts my ears and your face just looked terrifying. I thought you scared the poor boy, seeing a walking donkey in armor!"

It seemed there were two of the squires that wanted a piece of Garland, two against one was hardly fair, then again, Garland had been in more 'unfair' fights than fair ones, and he usually comes out on top.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 2nd, 2015, 4:26 am

Ferrin

A boys cry startled Ferrin back into reality. Ferrin looked up and saw the boy coming near him putting his sword a way while weeping. Ferrin stopped the young boy, "Hey now, what happened?"Ferrin asked. The boy stopped sobbing and wiped away his tears. "Those two squires over there were mean and were bullying me." The kid said, and then sniffled.

Ferrin smiled assuringly to the kid that he will get things sorted out."I'll try to get them to talk out of fighting." Ferrin sighed heavily, walking towards the three squires. The closer he got the more of the conversation he could pick out. One of the voices sounded familiar though. Especially when the man said, What's your problem, shyke-head. "

Yep indefinitely a familiar voice, Garland perhaps? Assuming it was Garland. Garland seemed a bit agitated with the other two squires. And from what Ferrin could tell, aaatwo versus one is not fair. Ferrin might as well join in and help out his friend. And one thing got to him though, why are the patrons/Knights not watching these two squires.

Ferrin stepped alongside Garland. Stopping in position still uninterested with his newly founded short broadsword. Of course it isn't his, which he wished it was. Because then he would be able to have that sense of comfortability.

"What the petch is going on here? " Ferrins muscles tensed as he spoke. Nervousness seemed to have gotten the best of him after he spoke. One of the squires looked at Ferrin, scanning him up and down." Your no squire, you petching fool run on out of here. Or things will get worse for you." Ferrin didn't like threats that were proposed to him.

"Oh, I'm the fool now, just a few ticks a go you were shoving down a teen aged boy. How about you petching pick on someone your own size eh?" Ferrins coincidence was quickly retrieved. Ferrin smiled maybe asking for a duel like this wasn't the best way to go, but if it was too protect his friend. He would do anything, and that could be one of his flaws. It doesn't matter, not right now. But this is a different case.

"Arghh, now you're going to get it, let's duel. The two of us versus the two of you?" Ferrin nearly chuckled when the squire said arghh." Well... Would you like to duel with one hand behind your back, and also wearing an eye patch? That would go well with the stage practice you got going on there. " "Arghh." Ferrin said teasingly.

The squire blushed. And Ferrin looked over to Garland." Well this is one way to meet, care to join me on this duel Garland? I can't do it alone." Ferrin said with a warm smile, he patted on his chest with his open hand, testing to see if his muscles are still active and ready to go."I'm ready."

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on December 8th, 2015, 7:51 am

Garland whipped around to see Ferrin, ready to step in and break apart the fight. Though it seemed that it was inevitable, and instead he had a tongue as sharp as the sword he had on his belt.

Garland just smiled and looked over to Ferrin. "Pirate! Hah! Brilliant! I'd love to crack some skulls with you Ferrin." Garland replied and grabbed the sword he was examining earlier, his picked up a shield as well.

The sword in question was fairly similar to his own sword. Though it didn't have the same hilt and felt a little bit lighter than his own blade. The blade was blunted but not rusted, it was in good condition considering how badly it was blunted.

All the weapons here seem quite well-tended, the only few rusted weapons were either getting sent off to be fixed or melted down for the metal.

Garland tapped the shield with his sword and smiled. It looked like the two other squires were getting ready to go into the pits, their knight seemed to be happy that their squires were getting ready for a fight, possibly thinking if they would be fighting each other to show who's better.

The knights were oblivious to what the rude squires were doing earlier, and who they were fighting, but they wouldn't object to whoever they were fighting as long as it was fair.

"Let's get in there Ferrin. I hope you know how to use that thing, these aren't just a bunch of bandits even if they act like it. There should be some old leather-bound armor around here somewhere, ask the helpers around here, the boys that clean the weapons and such, I'll be in the pit, I'm ready as I'll ever be." He said and hopped down into the pit, a few spectators looked into the pit and eyed the fight.

Now it was time to wait for his ally and his opposition.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 8th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Ferrin

Ferrin chuckled as the two squires walked towards the pits. Preparing for the duel. A few spectators rolled in and decided to wage on who is going to win. The Knights chuckling as if they wanted the four to fight. The Knights joined in on the crowd as well, but didn't join in on the wages. Ferrin looked about, scanning the pits to find someone who could work here. There, by the racks a young man tending to the blades, he seems like he works here. "Alright Garland, I'll meet you, just don't start smashing yet ok?" He smiled. And headed towards the young man who is working on the blades."Excuse me, but do you know where I can find some leather armour?" Ferrin asked simply. The man replied with a nod and stopped what he was doing. He placed the blade carefully on a nearby table and pointed towards the racks where all the weapons layed. "Over there, your able to find some. There is also some metal chestpieces and the like, but a lot of them a really rusted due to all of the weather and the lack of maintenance. Still though, the leather armour is still good, and there just might be a perfect fit for you." Ferrin smiled and said his thanks hurrying to the armour.

Ah, there it was laying perfectly on top of the table. It seems like a perfect fit. Ferrin placed down his short broadsword with the rusty hilt carefully on to the table beside the armour. Ferrin had trouble putting the armour on, but he managed to do it. When he was a kid his father had had him wear armour just to get used to it. Even though his father knew quite well that he didn't like to wear the armour. Tying on the strings, he looked for Garland and the other two squires. Still talking back to one another."Garland better wait for me. Or else he'll be pummled by the two squires." Ferrin thought to himself. He finished tying the last of the strings and picked up his sword. Walking over to the pits where now an even bigger crowd rolled in. Most of them interested in the fight and others just watching due to boredom. It didn't bother Ferrinuch, but seeing all of these people made him feel a bit nervous. He wished he can so.ehow end the fight without battling, but these squires were intent on beating Garland into the ground. And Ferrin seemed to have made himself new enemies.

"Well, Garland I'm ready." Holding the short broadsword in one hand, he tested the weight again. This time it only feels heavier. The winds blew cooler, making the sweat on Ferrins exposed face blow away. He stood next to Garland once again and studied the two squires. Well they both looked like jockeys that is for sure. Both of them built with muscles. Does Ferrin have muscles? Check, he does. Garland has muscles to. So the stregt isn't a big issue. From what Ferrin remembered earlier, Garland would usually rush in to attack. We need to study their fighting stance during the fight. Ferrin looked at Garland, "Are you ready?" He then took another look at the squires who seem to be warming up. The two squires then finished theirnwarm up session and met up with Ferrin and Garland. "You two, ready for a beat down?" One of them ask. Ferrin replied simply I'm ready to beat you down. You need to not push around the young ones. And for that your lesson will be simple. Learning target if the day, not screw around with the kids." Ferrin smiled teasingly at the two squires. "Oh, well then I guess you have a death wish then, buddy." The other squire said taunting like. Ferrin got his sword at the ready."You picked a bad day to be a petching fool. Be ready to taste my blade." Ferrin pointed the blade towards the two, but it isn't up in front of their faces. Ferrin then lowered the blade and took a few steps waiting for Garland to do the same. The squires took out their blades and backed up as well. One held a long sword and the other held a bastard sword. He also picked up his shield as well. So Garland can probably take the one with the shield and he can take the one with the long sword."Garland, can you take the one with the shield? And I'll take the one with the long sword? Alright?"

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on December 17th, 2015, 2:27 am

"What is this? A debate or a fight?" He asked, clearly trying to provoke the two. "Sounds like a plan Ferrin, be careful like I said, these guys aren't like bandit's they know what they're doing... well... know a bit of what they're doing."

Garland was ready, he eyed his opponent, seeing the near perfect armor he was using, compared to his more beaten-up, and dented armor. The knighthood always have someone ready to fix armor or weapons, but Garland was always getting into trouble, and his armor always needs repairs.

Garland heard the bell, the signal to start. The other squire rushed forward, Garland raised up his shield and crouched down low to lower his center of gravity.

The other squire swung his sword hard, Garland could feel the shockwave from that attack. Garland pushed himself forward to deflect the attack back at the attacker.

He succeeded in pushing him back, but only a few feet away. Garland frowned a tad bit, some children were raised to BE knights, ever since they could walk, being a knight was a huge honor and responsibility, and anyone could try and join the knighthood.

Garland had little or no formal training prior to him joining the squirehood, he learned from watching the fights here in the pits, and trained himself through street brawls to get used to actually fighting.

His first real battle was his first day as a squire, still with only just little training, just barely able to properly hold a sword, yet he came back alive. With a few kills to boot, mostly with the use of his hands or feet.

And since then he had plenty of battlefield experience to make up for his lackluster training and background. Still his opponent had proper training! Possibly from the best trainers and teachers money could buy.

Garland pulled back his shield and leaped forward to close the gap between them. Any other fighter would have possibly just used their swords to fight and shield to block, not Garland though. He threw his left arm forward attempting to hit him across the face like a swift punch.

The other squire dodged, caught a bit off guard from Garland's attack, but he quickly recovered and bashed his shield on Garland's face.

Garland reeled back, but instead of falling back to recover and rethink he pushed forward, headfirst in. Garland grabbed the other squire's neck and pulled him close, connecting his forehead to the bridge of his nose.

The other squire stumbled back, his nose was bleeding a little bit. He simply rubbed the blood off and stared daggers at Garland.

Garland simply smiled. "Come on, come get me."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 20th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Ferrin

Garland was right about the squires training. "Longsword" that is what Ferrin decided to call the other squire. Was quick with his steps and thrusts. Ferrin managed to parry a few of them. But the others he needed to dodge. Garland was shield to shield with the other squire. He seemed to be holding out fine.

Another swipe from Longsword and Ferrin managed to block it. It was hard trying to figure out the strategy of this squire. All he seemed to be doing was swinging and thrusting. Without any actual technique. All Ferrin needed to do was get around the sword. Without fatally injuring the squire. Longsword struck again and Ferrin dodged. Turning round the squire knocked his head with the hilt of the sword.

It didn't make the squire fall unconscious. But he staggered back. Rubbing his head with one hand holding the longsword with the other. "Why you petching shyke. Your lucky my nose didn't bleed. Get ready for a taste of real blood." Said the squire."Oh, I've tasted it before. Wasn't to satisfying." Ferrin replied with a small smile. Longsword came back with a horizontal swing and he walked Ferrins leather armour with a loud thunk. And it knocked the winds out of the hunter. "This is why I hunt and not fight..." Ferrin thought. Ferrin took a few steps back. Trying to regain his stance.

Ferrin certainly underestimated "Longsword." Ferrin took a few breaths and stared long and hard gazes at the young adversary. "Well what is this? A staring contest or a fight? I prefer to the death, but I think that is against the laws. Come on, hit me with your best." The squire said teasingly, with a small hint of a threat.

"I'm pretty sure though, if your so good with swords? How good are you with bows?" "Longsword" just stood there without comment. While on the other hand Garland and his opponent were still clashing and clinking. "Longsword" made another strike, Ferrin perryed it and juked around the squire. He took his blade and swung horizontally across the armour creating a large "Clanking" sound. The squire stepped aback, and took some shaky breaths.

"Hah, that your best. My grandmother can wield a sword better then you." Ferrin pondered for a few seconds. "Why doesn't this squire just shut his petching mouth?" Thought Ferrin. Ignoring the insult the squire tried to strike again shifting dirt as he shuffled his feet around. Ferrin managed to block it. The young hunter swung back shortbroa recoil. Striking the armour hard, metal against metal. Ferrins' shortbroad sword vibrated throughout shaking Ferrins hand. The tension in his hand grew even tighter.

"Longsword," staggered aback with an "oomph" and a moan. Ferrin stepped back, the strike didn't harm "Longsword" it just knocked some air out of him. Ferrin asked,"Well then, are you giving up?" The squire just took a few breaths and picked up his sword. "Let's go. I'm not through with you yet. You petching fool."

"Longsword," then charged and held his sword in a thrusting position aiming for Ferrins chest. Ferrins heart started beating rapidly. Ferrin perryed, and dodged. He has no clue to how long he can keep this up. His hands began to sweat, and the tension was draining his energy ever more so. Garland was still holding off well, shield against shield, metal against metal. Sound after sound. Around the four, people all around chattering and gasping as blade hits armor. "Isn't there a time limit or something?" Ferrin thought. The duel between Ferrin and "Longsword," recontinued. With metal against metal. Dodge after perry, thrust after strike...

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on December 21st, 2015, 1:47 pm

Garland struggled to contain a sigh and roll his eyes at Ferrin's opponent.

Less talk, more fight please. He thought to himself. Garland focused on his own battle, he quickly swung his sword to try and punch an opening in his defense. He pushed forward, trying to keep his opponent on his toes.

The man, even though he was younger than Garland was a head taller than him, buckled under the power Garland kept hammering away with, but with his relentless assault, he left an opening for his enemy.

Taking the opportunity to retaliate, the bigger squire knocked Garland down on the dusty ground. Garland was taken aback by the attack, he had honestly thought he kept his opponent completely on the defensive.

The larger squire grinned as he raised up his sword and aimed to dropped it down on Garland's head. The older squire raised up his shield and deflected it to the side, then he raised up his legs and kicked hard, sending the younger squire back.

Garland pushed himself up and looked as if he was about to rush in for another attack while his opponent was still staggering from his previous kick. Garland rushed forward with his shield and knocked him down to the ground completely.

Garland was not so stupid as to do the same thing as his opponent did before, he stepped forward, but kept a good distance away so he couldn't quite retaliate. The other squire got up, he was red-faced, but seemed to keep his head. He was like a solid wall when his defense is up.

His attacks on the other hand were quite slow. Attacking head on is useless, and feints were not Garland's forte. He had tried overpowering him before, but he seems to be able to stand his ground against Garland's attack.

Hmm... How can I get pass that iron defense? Maybe if I... Hmm...

Garland pulled back and planted his sword on the ground in front of him. "So... You planning on hiding behind your shield all day or are you gonna grow some balls and attack me?" Garland taunted, he looked at the crowd. "Seems like there's plenty of people here to witness your cowardice if that's what you're planning to show here."

He picked up his sword and walked around slowly. "Bacawk!" He laughed and flapped his arms like a chicken. This got the other squire quite red, but he still need to drive the final nail into the coffin. "And shame that your friend can see you be such a coward too."

This drove him mad, he dropped his defenses and rushed towards Garland, swinging his sword in Garland's general direction. Garland deflected the attacks easily and countered with a well-placed shield bash to the face.

This knocks the larger squire down and Garland disarms him and kicks away his sword before bringing his blade down mere inches from his downed opponent's neck. "You're done." The man raised up his arms in defeat.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 21st, 2015, 4:07 pm

Ferrin

With every strike and perry amongst Ferrin and "Longsword." The noises seem to be dwindled as the battle took on a new spotlight. Garland seemed to be taunting the other squire that he was facing.

Ferrin tried to look what was going on, but "Longsword," kept striking at Ferrin. Ferrin had to either perry or dodge. He managed to get a few hits in, bit that only made the squire more aggressive.

The squire paused to catch some breaths and Ferrin did the same only thinking how he can get passed this guy. "Longsword," took a look at the other two fighters. Ferrin did the same. The other squire seemed to be unarmed and has had given up. Well, now that leaves with the two if them. It is either Ferrin wins, and gains bragging rights. Or "Longsword," wins and the two will still think that they are the best.

"Longsword" seemed aggravated by this loss that his friend had taken. He charged at Ferrin, hoping to do some sever damage to him. Ferrin acted quick, but was slightly unaware.

The young hunter dodge just before the blade could have had reached his chest. "Hey!" Ferrin exclaimed. The squire tripped and fell face first onto the ground. His sword skittered across the earthen floor and Ferrin took his sword and poised it near the back of the squires head."Well, I guess that this is over." The squire sighed heavily and responded. "I'm sorry. You were right." Ferrin strolled over to Garland, and said"Well, that was moderately fun."with a smile.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on December 22nd, 2015, 8:06 am

Garland saw that Ferrin had lucked out and won his fight as well. He went over to Ferrin and started heading back up.

"It was a nice bout, shame I didn't see much on your side of the fight, I was a bit preoccupied with my opponent." He said and playfully pat Ferrin's back. "But still you held your own quite well there! You're pretty good with your sword!"

The crowd cheered on, though a few others seem rather sad or annoyed at the outcome of the fight. It seemed a few of them started betting pool on who would win.

As they started walking back up, someone screamed behind them. Garland turned and saw a sword aiming to attack Ferrin. Garland pushed Ferrin away from the blade and aimed to raise up his shield to block it.

Unfortunately he had little time to raise his shield, he took the blade to his face, knocking him back, and giving him a wound that actually drew blood. If it wasn't for the fact that these swords were blunted he would most likely be dead.

Garland fell back, blood dripped from his wound on his forehead. The knights saw what was happening and quickly jumped down to stop what was happening in the pit.

'Longsword' was beet red, it seemed being humiliated by Ferrin drove him quite mad, his friend on the other hand looked worried. He tried to calm his friend down but it seemed to be useless.

For a large guy, he seemed to be very timid compared to his very angry friend. "Commoners like you don't deserve to even polish our boots. I think it's time to put you in your place."

"Funny, that a commoner seemed to be able to have more honor than you do." Garland retorted with a smirk. The knights had finally caught up and disarmed 'Longsword'

Garland got up and rubbed away the blood from his head. "That was entertaining." He said to Ferrin. "You alright?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next