Solo Like Honey

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Like Honey

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 7:46 pm

66 Fall, 515 AV
16th Bell, Afternoon
Sea of Grass

"So?"
"So?" Dravite smiled back at Fara.
"What are we looking for?"
"A small plant with thick leaves and white berries," the watchman explained.
"Remind me why we need this again?"
"Poison," he then admitted.
"And you need that because?"
"I want to try it out, for hunting purposes," Dravite smiled again, forging a path through the tall grass with Fara following closely behind.
"Blow dart?"
"Arrow heads."
"Clever," the woman smirked.
"Nothing new, I'm sure."

As they reached the cleaning where Dravite thought he had last seen the plant, he started looking around, turning over leaves and getting lower to the ground in order to try and find what he was looking for. "How tall does it grow?"
"Knee high, if that," he explained, "and the white berries are small, the same size as a pea."
"Are they dangerous to touch?"
"Not really though they may leave a sour taste in your mouth if you were to lick your fingers without washing your hands first."
"Raah berry?"
"That's right," Drivate agreed with a nod.

After half a bell of hunting through the undergrowth for the berries, Fara decided to sit down and take a break while Dravite continued his search, moving through the clearing like a fussy goat, stopping to look at every plant and taking none. It was another few chimes before he finally found a small shrub of Raah-berries and carefully he stripped the small white berries from the plant.
"Found something interesting?" Fara called.
"Enough to stop a toad's heart," he laughed.
"Keep looking," she then encouraged.

Dravite went on with his work, stopping only to take a drink before he started up again. "Jackpot!" The horse lord grinned, finally stumbling upon a patch of small bushes he could harvest the poisonous berries from. Once he had filled a small pouch on his belt to capacity, the watchman joined Fara where she sat and lay down in the dry, sunbathed grass.
"You're going to RiverFall this spring?"
"Yes I've planned a trip."
"Will it be your first visit?" Fara inquired.
"One and only," Dravite smiled.
"Business or pleasure?"
"Business with a woman named Kavala Denusk."
Fara nodded slowly, "Ah yes, I've heard of her. Kavala lives just outside the city I believe in a place called The Sanctuary."
"Have you visited before?"
"No," she offered softly.
"Will you be okay to accompany us to the city?"
"Of course, I can show you around."
Dravite smiled, "I would like that, Kavala seems very intelligent, she had a lot to teach me."
"Like what?"
"Morphing, Reimancy, interesting things?"
"Morphing?" Fara blinked, "can you show me?"
"Of course," he nodded, "I was hoping to teach all of you before long."

Dravite sat up and felt Fara move closer to him. He raised his hand and closed his eyes, attempting to clear his mind and slip into a more focused state. Any kind of transformation was slow going but Dravite had been working on the very basics for a good part of the season. He focused his djed down to the tips of his fingers on his left hand and opened his eyes to watch as he manipulated the points, the transformation of pooled djed helping to change the fleshy ends into short, thick, black claws.

Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Like Honey

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 8:01 pm

There was more to morphing than just altering the physical shape of his limbs. Dravite had found that being able to maintain the transformation was equally as difficult as it was to forge it in the first place. He liked to think of the morph as a fire, the more he fed it the stronger it grew, and like any fire, keeping it alive meant that he had to pay it close attention.
"Impressive," Fara smiled.
"You don't seem convinced?"
"I guess I expected something different?"
"Like?" Dravite pressed.
"Oh I don't know; you hear stories of people who can morph, always focusing their craft into taking on an animal or some kind of plant."
"And you have other ideas?"
"Why not another person?" Fara asked.
"Another person? Why would I want to be someone I am not?"
"For the same reason you seem to want to turn into a Grass Bear," the woman chimed playfully.

Dravite was quiet for a time as he let his form find its original self, the ends of his fingers bouncing back like elastic, sure of what they truly were. A person, he thought but would not argue with Fara, for she had a point; he really had no reason for working on his current morph other than taking on the shape of animal had always interested him, but what about a person? That really would be impressive
"Hold out your hand," he insisted.
"Why?" Fara asked as she raised her hand hesitantly.
"I find it easier to work from a model," he smiled and took her hand in his before lifting the right this time.

The horse lord studied Fara’s hand closely; it was a lot smaller than his own with slender, tapered fingers and soft, pink nails with off white tips. Dravite's nails didn't seem to grow like that, perhaps because he indulged in the terrible and unsavoury habit of chewing them, much to his first wife's displeasure. He concentrated his djed to the area and felt his hand tingle as it slowly started to shrink and change, taking on the much slender shape of Fara's hand. He noticed as he ran the pad of his thumb over her skin that her hand was a lot softer and so, he attempted to mimic that as well. Dravite seemed to get a lot of the morph right, size, look, texture, it was just the small details he struggled with; nails, lines, refined hairs.

He pushed his ability, commanding his djed in ways he had really dared to before and the results surprised him as he managed to use it to change the length, colour, and size of his nails to match Fara's.
"All right," she smiled, "how about a real challenge?"

Dravite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Like Honey

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 8:07 pm

"What, not impressive enough for you?" He smirked rather menacingly and let his hand slowly return to normal rather than feeding the morph to keep it stable.
"Very much so," the woman agreed, "but I think you can do better."

Fara lifted her hands and cupped his face, brushing her thumbs over the short, sandy coloured stubble across his jaw. As she looked into his eyes, Dravite felt himself swallow the lump in his throat, anticipation knotting his insides. Once upon a time it had been so easy to look at her, at those eyes the colour of cooked honey.
"Copy them," Fara encouraged.
"Copy what?" He asked.
"My eyes," her lips moved though her voice was but a whisper.
"Too difficult," Dravite looked down, bowing her head.
"Look at me," she told him.
He lifted his gaze.
"What's too difficult?"
"This, unless I can see the change, how will I know it is working?"
"Trust me," she said, "you'll know."

He sighed but attempted to concentrate all the same, looking into Fara's eyes. Dravite's studied the eyes he had seen a thousand times before while dreaming and awake. He closed his own eyes to let all other notions and thoughts slip away, clearing his mind, meditating as it were in order to focus on the task at hand.

As his eyes remained closed, Dravite pictured the colour of Fara's eyes and felt his djed running through him, this time not to his hands as he was so accustomed to, but up to his very thought-centre where the unfamiliar presence caused his face to prickle and the tip of his nose to itch. The feel of Fara's thumbs still stroking his jaw distracted him from the odd sensation creeping over his face as Dravite forced the change Fara wished to see.

When he opened his eyes the woman caught her breath, they were no longer that soft blue-grey colour she knew better than the back of her hands, but a rich, warm brown that matched her own almost perfectly. Fara smiled softly and just as she had promised, he knew the transformation had been a success.

Dravite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Like Honey

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Dravite grinned, pleased with himself, and just like his early experiences with webbing, he wanted more. He glanced down and noticed the messy knots of dreaded hair that had grown down past his shoulders over the last three seasons and wondered if it was possible to change the length and colour of his hair too. With his djed focused to the right place already, the horse lord concentrated on changing only the colour of his hair and manipulated the invisible energy into completing the task for him.

As he commanded his djed to make the changes he desired, he watched as the ends of his hair slowly changed from the golden wheat colour it had always been, to the soft almond-skin colour of Fara's. The woman giggled and Dravite lifted his head to look at her only to find her features change suddenly as shock flooded her form, causing the skin between her dark brows to knot.
"What is it?" Dravite asked.
Fara raised her right thumb to sweep it across the man's upper lip and frowned, "you're bleeding!" She looked worried.
Dravite drew the back of his hand across the end of his nose and sure enough, there was blood, "enough for one day," he said.
Fara agreed with a hurried nod, "enough for now."

She cleaned up his face after holding her sleeve to his nose for a time and smiled apathetically, "stop looking at me like that," he scolded half-heartedly.
"Like what?"
"Like I just broke your heart," the watchman smiled.
Fara edged closer to him and sat on her knees, pawing at his face gently, "oh my lion, you did that days ago."
"I did?"
Fara nodded slowly, "after Belkaia stormed off... You kissed me and then you stopped."
Someone else's, the scar across her belly had mocked him that day, "I know," Dravite admitted, "I apologise, I didn't feel it was right to kiss you knowing that Belkaia was so upset."
"You're lying," the woman told him.
how does she know? He wondered. "No,” he went to prolong the lie before changing his mind, “I am," he agreed, there was no point in fighting it.
"I'm different than how you remember me and I'm carrying another man's child... There is nothing left to like," she shrugged.
Dravite glanced down at the woman's hands, fingers tangled together nervously. "That's not true," he offered, "I still like a great deal of things about you."
"Like?"
He looked into her eyes and felt his walls going down again, she had always been so good at chipping away at his resolve, "everything," he felt his smile soften and leaned close to press his nose to Fara's, "and no matter whose child that is, the only thing that matters is that he is yours and I will look after the both of you."

Fara's eyes glazed over and he watched them fall closed as she pressed her lips to his in a tender kiss. The watchman closed his eyes and returned the gesture, indulging his past lover as if she were one of his wives.

Dravite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Like Honey

Postby Graham Whipmane on December 25th, 2015, 10:29 am

GRADE!

Dravite :
XP: Foraging +1XP
Morphing +4XP
Botany +1XP
Meditation +2XP

Lores:
✦ Botany: Raah Berries
✦ Morphing: Claws
✦ Morphing: Overgiving
✦ Morphing: Eye's
✦ Morphing: A Human Hand
✦ Fara: Not-So Past Lover
Notes: PM me if anything's out of sorts!

Comments
That end was so sweet! Merry Christmas!

*Replies will be slower until Jobthread's have been completed*
Graham Whipmane
Player

Words: 59773
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2015, 9:47 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes