Solo To Find a Myrian Spiritist's Den

Levi and Naya go to Rostam's Den to buy ghostbeads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

To Find a Myrian Spiritist's Den

Postby Levi Remilian on December 6th, 2015, 3:08 am

9th of Winter, 515 AV

11th Bell

Bleary eyes opened to a room awash in the light of morning sunlight, though the oft-repeating hazy dark was tell-tale sign of the clouds that populated today's sky. Levi sat up and stretched his arms up, exhaling softly as sleep's lingering stiffness was released. Looking around the room, he found no sign of Naya in the plain but pretty apartment they had rented out. Hopefully the ghost was not stirring up trouble, but knowing her she was probably innocently exploring the Surya Plaza already, wonder struck by the sight of Lhavit's majestic skyglass architecture. Unlike Levi the young girl could never rest, never again experience the lethargic gift of sleep, that was the plight for all ghosts. The restless dead was not a simple phrase simply tossed out without meaning. It was truth. It is a truth that takes a toll on those lingering souls, even if they no longer had the physical need for sleep, their mind still need to rest, and without it their minds would break away slowly if left be.

The young man slowly got himself clothed and yawned loudly, never having been a morning person. Perhaps he had slept for too long that night, though he had an excuse in that even in the middle of the night, Levi could hear the continuing bustle of the city which woke him up several times, something he found strange. Anyways he had to get dressed. A chime later he was fully clothed in his usual black attire, white cloak and belt donned, Levi sat quietly on the edge of his bed. Two years, for two years the spiritist and ghost have traveled together. For two years, Naya had not slept for a single second, had not a single moment of rest in the night... it was a frightening thought. It was only their promise that was keeping her together, it was only Levi's continued presence that was keeping her together, and it was only her own strong will that gave her the determination to continue on. So it will stay that way, Levi had decided that long ago. He will make sure nothing happens to Naya.

It was time that he began to attend to the day. What was Levi going to do today? Exploring the city and seeing what there was sounded like a good plan, that should take a good few days to accomplish to an acceptable extent. Then like a distant echo he remembered Hanei's words from yesterday. Rumour. Library. Ghost.

Right, there was that bit of info he had been privy to. Would it be worth checking it out. Was it even true? First he would have to find out what and where this library was and he would need to prepare in case there actually was a ghost. Speaking of preparations, Levi looked over at the table where his belt pouch and two empty jars were. He stood up and walked over to the small table. Empty jars. He would need to need to buy the ingredients for more soulmist too he noted mentally. At least he had the ghostbeads, Levi thought as he opened his belt pouch. Only to find the belt pouch much like the jars: empty.

Levi blinked at the dark inside of the pouch, tipping it upside down and patting it frantically. Levi checked the bed, the floors, every corner of the room. Nothing. His ghostbeads were gone, blinked away like the ghosts they ward off. His mind raced to the possibilities that could have happened. He never misplaced anything, never; he would have known if he had placed his ghostbeads in another place. Teeth grit and Levi groaned, hand against his forehead. Place and time he last saw the ghostbeads? Okomo ride? No, it was before that. Tranquil Port? Earlier. The Mischeif... It was at this time that the white of soulmist phased into the room, coalescing into the appearance of a young girl. Naya cocked her head at the sight of Levi's frustration. "Big brother? Are you alright?" She hovered a little closer to him, the unnaturally bright green of her eyes looking with concern. Levi shot a glance at Naya and spoke with brevity, "Naya. On the Mischeif who was the last person we met?"

Naya only tilted her head more. "Umm... a sailor?"

"Do you remember who? Face? Name?"

"Not really... no wait wait! Actually I do sort of remember! He wasn't a sailor, he was a man who was getting on to the boat. I think he bumped into you by accident and then just went away without even apologizing to you! I think he wasn't a very nice man. Why do you want to know all of a sudden?"

O why didn't he think of that sooner?! Realization dawned on Levi's face, his frown only growing greater. Hands on his hips now, he sighed, "Because I think that man was a pickpocket... he somehow stole my soulbeads." Naya blinked in surprise at him, "What?! But he just bumped into you! I didn't even see him do anything!" Levi shook his head and muttered, "Some thieves are just that skilled... I'm not sure where he'd sell them, but at the right place he could get a nice amount of Miza for it. Damn it..."

The ghost girl looked up at the spiritist comfortingly. "You could just make another one. Or you could buy a new one right?"

"I would need to find another spiritist for the materials," He crossed his arms. "I suppose I could look around and ask the locals."

Naya beamed at Levi, "No need! I already know where one is! Oh I know! We can go there right now!"

"Wait, when did you find that out?" Just as Levi said this, he already knew the answer he was going to get.

"What did you think I was doing all last night silly?" The ghost giggled, her voice echoing through the room, "I had lots of time to explore Lhavit! Did you know that the people here work and play even in the night? Though every now and then everyone would be sleeping, and then up again!" Levi listened, nodding. That explained why he still heard noise outside even in the middle of night. Here night was not a time of rest, it was as much a time to work and play as day was. That means they take rests during certain times of the day and night, naps. That would be a schedule he might never get used to for all its worth.

"Come on!" Naya pulled Levi's arm, though it only felt cold to the touch and did not succeed in its intention of pulling. He nodded, taking his money bag and placing it in his belt pouch. There was no point getting frustrated over an easily replaceable matter like this. It would be foolish and hot-headed to be so. Besides, it was about time he had a small adventure with Naya.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Words: 154985
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 12:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Levi Remilian on December 6th, 2015, 6:07 am

12th Bell, 45 chimes

Levi was dumbfounded at how Naya even figured out where this spiritist was as she led him on. For all of Lhavit's beauty, it was a complicated city to traverse with all its different tiers on top of different peaks. The walk was definitely worth it though in great art due to the neverendingly amazing skyglass structures he saw. Yet somehow by Naya's guidance he had managed to make it all the way from Zintia where their apartment was to the skyglass bridge to Sartu he was on now. It was a wonder to see the skyglass all around, his eye spying out the detailed carvings on the walls. For a while Levi stood before him, eyes tracing over them. Even Naya stood quietly beside him, looking at the wall's master craftsmanship. A tale was told with them, one of the most important there was upon Mizahar: the Valterrian, a story that he and everyone knew of and was affected by, yet one of the most mysterious too. But for the visitor, it was the second story he saw that interested him more.

Levi saw the ancient mountains of Suva in catastrophic turmoil as the land itself was reshaped by Ivak's wrath. He saw the people's plight and cry for help to Syna and Leth. He saw the answer of the gods, two celestial beings sent to guide these people. On these peaks the people found a fallen goddess, a goddess of the stars who was hurt in the strife of the Valterrian, Zintia. From her Lhavit was granted the gift of skyglass that he saw today. Yet another goddess gave them a gift, one that he remembered very distinctly from yesterday. The Okomo, gift from the goddess of the wilderness herself, no wonder the Lhavitians revered them so much from what he heard seeing that the Okomo had been with them since the very beginning of their city. Levi quietly observed the carvings as he walked, watching the craved images continue on as Lhavit grew, lead by the two Ethaeful until it became the city that it was today.

Thankfully Morwen's gift was not as harsh as it was the prior day, though he still pulled his scarf tighter as he came out of the bridge onto Sartu Peak, the peaking sun's light causing the skyglass buildings to glimmer. As he walked through the street, he noticed something. No matter where he had been whichever peak it was, the streets of Lhavit had been strangely quiet and Sartu was no different. Only a few were seen walking down the streets. Even when the two reached where the shops were, not a single one seemed alive with activity contrary to what Levi expected. He looked down at Naya, "They have midday breaks too? That seems... odd." The ghost formed herself into the shape of the familiar sister and nodded, "I think it's neat. You can take naps and don't need to waste the night. I mean I can still see a lot of people at the night! I like that... it was lonely at night sometimes..." The spiritist could not but feel sad for her. She would go through the nights by herself when he slept, alone and only to wander for that was all she could do. "I'm sure you'll have fun in this city, you won't be too lonely I think. But did you notice how the people reacted to you? Remember what I've been telling you about how people are with ghosts?"

Naya nodded, "Yup I know, you tell me that everywhere we go! They're a little scared, but not all of them. Some of them are more scared than others I think though, those were the ones who were whispering about this Rosta person. I think those people may not like ghosts." She frowned, crossing her arms as she flickered more, sadness tinging her echoing voice. The ghost's existence was that of solitude, it was something Levi knew well. It was something he was both taught by his mother and saw for himself. Though people knew what ghosts are, no place would ever accept them the same way Black Rock would. There would always be those who were afraid, afraid of what was different from them even if they did know that ghosts were souls, souls like themselves. Knowing and truly believing were two very different things.

Levi nodded, smiling reassuringly and patted her head. The cold seeping through did not bother him at all. "It's alright, that's how people are everywhere. But you have me here no matter what." Naya looked at Levi, unnaturally green eyes bright, and nodded now looking happier and less flickery. "Yeah! I've got you big brother!" She hugged him around the waist. Levi smiled and held her shoulder. "No matter what indeed... Now, how about we get to that spiritist?"

With a nod Naya dissipated back into white soulmist and floated forwards, her voice reverbrating after Levi, "Just follow me! It's in an apartment somewhere here I think, but you can definitely feel the soulmist from it!" The spiritist followed followed after the ghost's wispy shape. She would have to regather some of her soulmist to take such form again for a while. It was an unusual matter to Levi of how Naya had not grown more powerful these past two years. It was strange indeed, but now was not the time to think of that as Naya had suddenly stopped in front of an apartment. Her voice resounded faintly, "It's in here big brother..."

Levi stood beside her and looked up at the apartment. He nodded to the ghost and opened a door into the apartment. He saw a short hallway before him, as he expected from a typical apartment, but at the very end of the hallway there was one door that seemed different. The spiritist walked closer and with each closer step he saw the door was carved in a strange design he had never seen before. The only way he could describe it was that it was wild and foreign as though it belonged to some kind of warrior tribe. Was that what it was? Tribal design? He would not have known not matter how much he thought of it. He pushed the door open and was immediately assaulted by the barrage of herbal scents, strong and bitter, sweet and sickly. Levi was a spiritist, not a herbalist, but one thing was clear as he crinkled his nose: these smelled very strong much to his dislike. The room before was in a terrible state of disarray and clutter, various kinds of scrap and items sprawled all over the dark room. Levi carefully walked in, Naya's mist form close behind him, as he narrowly ducked his head out of the way a hanging strand of grimy crystals, sidestepped away from a maliciously glowing statue on the floor, and elaborately with careful manoeuvring made his way through the room populated with junk and dark silhouettes. Naya easily hovered over and through the clutter as Levi valiantly made his way through the jungle of messiness, seeming to be fixated at a strange altar, dull light flickering from its candles onto the grim altar of leather and bone, grimy and dark as the room it was in. Levi thought himself out of the clutter as he gave a great whew, only for his foot to catch on a stone block. And so the valiant spiritist came down at the end of his valiant trek with a great trip and fall. Before he crashed onto the floor he put his arms out in front, catching his fall, but he still ended up face down in front of a dark wooden desk. A mocking voice came from above him, "Tripping and prostrating yourself before me. Now that's a first even for me."
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Levi Remilian on December 6th, 2015, 6:11 am

Levi groaned and looked up and saw the owner of the mocking voice. The first thing he noticed were the tattoos, they were literally all over the man's dark skin. Seeing them, he knew where he saw similar markings: the door, the same ferocity and wildness that he felt from that, his hair wild and messy much like the room. The man's hazel eyes looked down at him with great amusement, amusement Levi did not really appreciate. The man glanced to the side, eyebrow raised. "Oh?" Suddenly Levi cold tug on his arms and he looked over to see Naya materialized and trying to pull him up in vain. Levi stood up and brushed the dust off his cloak. "It was an accident, you really should clean the room better sir." The Myrian smirked at Levi and shrugged. "It is my place, I decide how it is. I really have no problem with it, but YOU have the problem with all the tripping." He crossed his arms and tilted his head forward, "Now why would a clumsy human and his ghost friend come to Rostam's home? Oh right right right I do run a kind of business here don't I? So what do you want, something to do with the ghostly friend? Maybe you want her gone? I can do that very easily judging by her soulmist."

Levi frowned angrily at the man before him, fists clenching. So far this man seems to be just a mocking fellow with extreme disorganization, but Levi could sense it, the soulmist's essence easy to detect even with the scent of blood from the air around the man in front of him; undeniably he was a man of great skill in Spiritism. Naya seemed annoyed to and hovered up to the Myrian's face, her arms crossed too. "Hey! My brother would never want to get rid of me! He promised to always be with me!" Rostam only chuckled at the ghost, leaning in closer to her. Naya made a small eeping sound, uncomfortable with the man in her face. "Is that so? Is that why you stuck around? Poor soul, staying in this world all for the sake of her bumbling brother."

"I am not bumbling! You're just a disorganized mess! Now stop bothering her! " Levi replied in sharp annoyance, clearly any effort to appear professional gone from the moment of his tripping. He sighed exasperatedly. " Anyways, I am Levi Remilian and this is Naya. I came here to buy a set of ghostbeads from you. My own set was stolen by a pickpocket when we arrived in Lhavit." Rostam looked at Levi, still leaning close to Naya. He spoke curiously. "You had your own set? Ah... I see I see. Another spiritist, now that explains why you're not bothered by that ghost even if she was your sister." He stepped away from Naya and to behind his disorderly specimen of a desk. "It's been a while since I met another spiritist from outside Lhavit. See I'm not from Lhavit originally either. Came from a place much hotter." Naya, still annoyed, suddenly brightened up. "Where were you from Mr. Rostam? I want to know? Does everyone have those marks like you?" The Myrian replied while he rummaged through a pile behind the desk, "Taloba in Falyndar. All jungle and such to give you a brief bit about it." Naya's eyes widened as she began bombarding Rostam with more questions, only he never replied. He broughtt out and placed a handful of beads with a loud series of thunks on his desk. "Now how many do you want clumsy spiritist?"

Levi narrowed his eyes at Rostam and barely kept his anger in check. Return to calm and professional, that's what he had to do. He had to at least end this encounter with giving that impression to a fellow spiritist. He exhaled carefully, his expression changing from annoyance to a trained composed look. He spoke calmly, "I need seven ghost beads. No, make that nine." Rostam shoved the handful of ghostbeads to Levi. "There you go, perfect chance I picked the one with the right amount. Since you're a spiritist I'll leave you to do the actual soulmist stuff. So cost! That'll be 90 kina. Now you really can keep your sister away when she's annoying am I right?"

Levi seemed unperturbed by the jab and took the money bag out of his belt pouch. He counted out the amount asked for, all the while mentally reminding himself to not do anything rash. In fact the idea of asking him about the rumours of a ghost in the library did not even cross his mind at that time. He just wanted out of the room as soon as possible, away from the man's mocking replies. Naya by now had realized Rostam had no intention to answer her questions and after some pouting wandered around the room looking at hanging crystals. The young man handed the kina to the Myrian and picked up the ghostbeads, dropping them into his belt pouch. With a polite nod to the spiritist, Levi spoke, "We will be going now. Nice doing business with you. Naya, come on now, we're going." Levi turned around and began the careful stepping over and around of the room's junk, Naya gave a short wave to the Myrian and stuck her tongue out at him when Levi wasn't looking before dematerializing. Rostam only laughed and grinned, snarking back, "And don't you fall again okay? Its gubbins all around here, but they're my gubbins. Be careful not to trip!"

Levi made great effort not to trip again.

-END-

Purchase9 feet of Ghostbeads= 90 kina
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on February 8th, 2016, 2:58 pm

LEVI REMILIAN

XP Award:
  • Investigation +1
  • Observation +3
  • Socialization +2
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Rhetoric +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit’s Dual Nature
  • Investigation: Retracing your steps to find something
  • The story of Lhavit’s founding
  • Lhavit: Den of the Lost
  • Rostam: Lhavit’s Resident Spiritist

Loot:
-90 kina
+9 feet of ghostbeads

Notes:
N/A

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Also don’t forget to track your new (and your old) xp and lore in your CS
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Why not send me a PM?

credit goes to Adelaide Sitai
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)