Open Mental Break

Nivel overgives and chaos ensues

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Mental Break

Postby Nivel on December 7th, 2015, 6:01 am

2nd Day of Winter 515 AV

Nivel had become overzealous in her magic practice from earlier in the day and as a result was suffering from some potent Overgiving. She had never felt it this bad before but juggling four types of magic at once was starting to take it’s toll and it chose today to collect.

Warm rancid breath could be felt on Nivel’s back causing her to quickly turn to see what horror lay behind her, but she saw nothing. Her nexus was frantically beating in fear as she started to run from the invisible monsters that were in pursuit of her. She couldn’t remember what had happened earlier in the day but it didn’t matter, her mind was full of so much information that she could barely tell what was real and what was a delusion. All she could think to do was move through the hall ways of Siliras as fast as her tiny legs could carry her.

The stone ground in front of her suddenly transformed into a large hand that took hold of Nivel with it’s firm grasp. She screamed loudly in fright as her body was restrained by a figment of her own twisted imagination. Her body was shifting wildly into unfamiliar forms as she tried to free herself from her predicament, but no matter how hard she tried she was un able to move. The pycons chilling screams only became louder as her body started to attack her; her braided tentacles rapped around her neck and her tails seemed to have shifted into one eyed monsters with teeth that roared and snapped at her.

Through out this ordeal her Nexus was flooded with whispers that demanded her to use magic, and even though she knew it was wrong she was tempted if only to make them stop.
“I won’t! I Won’t! I Won’t!” She cried in protest at the sweet whispers that plagued her. She knew she had to stay strong, she couldn’t call herself a mage of the Order if a little bit of Overgiving was going to break her spirit.

When Nivel was finally able to smash her way through the stone hand, she stumped to the ground and tried to pull her own prehensile hair from her neck before it tore the head from her body. Her tails hissed and growled at the pycon through out the ordeal and took turns biting at her arms. Sharp pain burned into her nexus every time one of her devious tails sunk it’s teeth into her clay flesh and she wasn’t sure she could take it any more. Normally meditation would help but she was so overwhelmed with fear that she couldn’t even hope to achieve any kind of calmness on her own.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Last edited by Nivel on December 8th, 2015, 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Mental Break

Postby Endir Vuras on December 7th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Dark vaulted corridors and sparse brazier light played host to the sweat-drenched Endir, his cream tunic laced to the collar and breeches clinged to muscle-thickened thighs, his taut expression a sign of internal conflict. How on earth would he become a Knight when that floundering, thick-headed idiot, Tomas, could outmatch him with a blade. He grumbled as he stalked, a prowl befitting a wolf on the hunt. He cast his mind elsewhere, and ignored the purpling bruise that ached across his side, Tomas packed one hell of a blow.

Screams stopped him in his tracks, the clipping of his heels silenced by the strangled terror of someone not too far away. Conflict. The hesitation was brief, his mind racing alongside his heart. The sword that rode his hip as naturally as any of his limbs was unbuckled clumsily as he started to run, ears honed and eyes peeled. Growing closer he almost overlooked the Pycon, surely something so small couldn't conjure sounds like that?! Grating the cold ashen stone with sliding feet, he felt a mix of shock and confusion and most definitely looked ridiculous in the process. Face a contorted mass of unsureness and with his sword drawn and held aloft by one unwavering hand, he was frozen in his tracks, just at the moment of Nivel's climactic contortions and the betrayal of her own small body.

"Woah! Hey!"
He cried as the clay-wrought braid punctured her. He had little dealings with magic, and Magi and his studies had only shown him a convoluted mess of things he could never hope to understand, it truly boiled his mind. He didn't try much beyond that and wouldn't dare a step closer just yet, what could he do?
Last edited by Endir Vuras on December 8th, 2015, 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endir Vuras
Player

Words: 11879
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2013, 6:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Mental Break

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 7th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Ferrin

The day was cool, and ever so windy. The streets are still as busy as if the seasons has had never changed. Today was meant to be one to go to buy clothing essentially fit for winter. That was until he had heard a scream coming forth from the Stronghold Castle itself. A scream of agony and pain as if someone would be murdered. What was once a normal stroll, a change of pace sprouted into a run as Ferrins instincts were to help this lady who is in danger. He didn't understand why the other citizens were still walking about through the streets. He reached the entrance of the Citadel within ticks. Still following the echo of the scream, he managed to reach his destination.

A small figure, one that has a hanoid look to it. Built from Clay, but still has a soul and possibly heart? Ferrin has had never seen something like this. And the scene he is witnessing, is vividly horrid to his eyes. The gfemales' own Clay hair striking and biting and choking the female humanoid. Ferrin had never been in a situation like this. Their was another Knight or squire rooted in his position. Ferrin called out "How-what...What is this, what's happening to her?" Ferrin has never been in something so.... Frantic-like. He unsheathed his short broadsword that has been strapped to his waist earlier today before he set out to go walking. You never know when something like this occurs.He asked again trying to be more sensible."What can I do? What is happening with her?"What can he do? He can't watch this Knight die and not have the opportunity to do anything that can help her. It surely was a frantic and horrid scene to witness. Out of all things to witness, a girls hair is trying to kill her... But it seems that she is magic user, and would this be the consequence of one excessively using magic?
OOCSorry about the short entry. Not too much to work with especially since Ferrin isn't a Knight/Squire either.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Mental Break

Postby Nivel on December 9th, 2015, 5:18 am

Dull pounding penetrated Nivel’s Nexus as the feet of the Tall Folk hit the ground in succession. It got louder and louder as they approached and even multiplied as another one entered the scene. The mage didn’t even know what was happening until her hair moved from her strained neck to slither in the direction of the two strangers. The tails were far more aggressive and snapped and growled at the two to keep them from approaching.

Nivel lifted her aching body off the ground slowly and was greeted with the sight of two hideous creatures, the closest was ignited in flames while the other made of misty ice. The Flame beast seemed to only hiss and growl while the Ice creature seemed to be contemplating on what to do with Nivel. The twisted grin on the flame beast made it clear to her that his words were of malicious intent. Nivel was about to turn to run but she was stuck in place yet again.

“ I am Nivel, Squired by Sera Grey and Mage of the Sylirian order, If you take a step closer you will be sorry” Nivel threatened the beasts that were closing in on her. Her hands swelled into round maces as her arms extended out. She swung a warning swing out in their direction with far more velocity than one would assume from someone so small.

“Use your magic Nivel” Hissed one of Nivel’s tails into her winged shaped ears. “Blow them away with your power!”
“The’ll kill you if you don’t and It’s your duty to protect the Citizens of Syliras”

“Yes..”Nivel Hesitantly agreed but in a flash she saw the people behind her delusions and realized what was really going on “No! They aren’t monsters, I won’t use my magic on them.” Nivel shrieked as she pressed her hands over her ears and tried to tune out the horrible suggests her tails were making.

“Kill them! Use your Magic!” The other tail demanded.

“NO!” Nivel screamed in determination as she broke the invisible chains that bound her. She ran down the hallway so that she could be alone in her insanity and keep herself from hurting anyone. She could feel the resistance waining as she exerted herself with with each step. The mage could feel in her clay gut that she was being pursued and pushed herself through a small hole in foundation of the stone walls. The jagged crevasse gave her very little room to move, She had to wriggle her way through like a worm.She was feeling suddenly paranoid of what lay in the dark and needed to escape it as soon as possible. When the space opened up she was still in the dark but could see light in the distance and ran toward it. She soon realized that she was under the tall shelf of a stranger and needed to leave but didn’t know where else to go. She had just threatened two citizens lives and now she was breaking and entering, the Knight hood would certainly throw a book at her.
OocI hope I gave you two more to work with, also the room could be one of yours or you could make it a strangers who you have to negotiate with. It's all good.

Last edited by Nivel on December 12th, 2015, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Mental Break

Postby Endir Vuras on December 10th, 2015, 11:11 am

The pommel of the blade rubbed incessantly at the back of Endir's hand, knuckles white over the leather wound hilt as uncertainty wracked his body. Reeling backwards, he distanced himself from the mace-shaped limb, wariness glinting in the browns of his eyes. By Sylir, what could be wrong with her- Overgiving! Of all the things he had perused through in his studies of magic and its three schools, Overgiving had been a prevalent reminder of its danger and the looming certainty of it that all its wielders endured. A meaningful glance flew to Ferrin.

"Overgiving." He hissed at the man, praying to the Gods that he knew what it meant, light knows there was no time to explain.

Nivel had begun her retreat and naturally Endir follower, half hoping his newfound companion would tag along as well, this wasn't something he was cut out to deal with alone. Lit braziers sent streaks of light dancing off of his polished blade, his stride still predacious despite his good intentions, hard planes of his face set with determination and all doubt cast away, intentions cemented. You can do this, Endir. Mouth working he took a left when the Pycon wriggled her way through the small opening. He knew these halls well, he'd spent some years navigating them. Loping to a great oak door framed by aged iron, he overcame the catch with a heavy jerk and entered. The four-bunk room wasn't that different from the one he spent his evenings in. A quartet of mahongany chests, all inlaid with the Syliran Knight crest, were tiered by the bunks. Wool blankets and linen sheets were tucked and flattened to perfection as discipline required them to be. The room was dim, illuminated in a dull peachy hue by candle-stands that occupied the dorms corners and a large round-edged table dominated the chambers center.

"Ma'am?" Endir called uncertainly.

They were going to be in trouble if they were caught here, regardless of the situation. Strangers were forbidden, drawn swords even more so and regardless of the Squires innocence, his willingness to let Ferrin accompany him would see his backside switched and hide tanned. He advanced regardless, shoulders squared.
Endir Vuras
Player

Character sheet

Mental Break

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 10th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Ferrin

The Castle felt moody and dark. Warm though and chilling at the same time. Endir seem to have had not noticed the slithering and hissing snake. The squire told Ferrin that the reason why that the female Pycon was acting like this was because of a "Overgiving" Ferrin remembered slightly of what it was. His father had told him the consequences of using magic. The use of magic always gave Ferrin a small fear inside him. The magic can corrupt a being and spontaneously kill a person if they use it to much. The squire ran off after the Knight. "Wait a night? Aren't guests not allowed to enter the Dormitories? And other squires. Will this ruin Ferrins chance of becoming a squire himself? And all of this training with Joanna, for nothing? It isn't something to think about now. Now a fellow citizen and Knight of Syliras is in trouble and she will surely die if she gives in to using magic. Ferrin cautiously avoided the hissing and slithering like snake. He then took a run for it following Endir. The two entered a room. Filled with a few beds no less then six. Less pact then an orphanage would be that is for certain. The room is dimly lit, more so completely dark as a shadow.

Endir began to conversate with Nivel, but Ferrin was sure that this wasn't the time do it? Nivel seemed to be cowering near a corner, as if she is going crazy herself. What can Ferrin do to help? Ferrin heard some hissing out from the hallway. It is coming back. Ferrin thought hopelessly. Now we would be trapped in here with no way to get out. Unless fight. Or if Nivel can manage to recover her courage. "Ms. We need you to be strong. Believe in yourself. You need to get your act together and get your confidence back. Or else we will die..." The hissing grew louder. Maybe it wasn't the right kind of confidence boost that Nivel needed, but he hoped it was something. If she didn't gather her confidence at all the three of them will surely die. Everything seemed to have happened to fast for Ferrin. And surely, if the snake got to the three of them off guarded, it would have a well preserved feast for its small-like frame. Is it ok for one to be afraid?

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Break

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 3:42 am

Nivel had lived through quite a bit of mental turmoil because of magic, she even fainted from strain when she was first taught Reimancy. The meditation techniques Sera Grey had taught and her will would be the only thing that could save her from this perilous situation.
She counted to ten and breathed slowly and carefully, focusing her tormented mind on her lower extremities. It wasn’t easy but the storm clouds in her head started to fade, and her metal clarity was returning. There was still hallucinations and paranoia present but she was at least stable enough to know they weren’t real.
“You two need to get out of here” She said in frantic whispers as the two Tall Folk made the mistake of following her where they shouldn’t have. Nivel knew she would have so much lapses in judgement to answer for and it made her chest twist uncomfortably just thinking about it.

She ran under their legs and back out into the hallway before she caused the two to get into any trouble. Nivel wasn’t the fastest of runners but she was agile enough that if they understandably retaliated she could tumble or step out of the way. She wanted to continue running away and be be alone but something stopped her. The Pycon had already led these two tall folk into a less than ideal situation and it was unlikely that they would leave her be. There was also the fact that it wasn’t really wise to be alone while she wasn’t completely sure of her own actions. With their noble words and actions it was clear they had the best of intentions and would hopefully try to maintain her mental stability.

“I’m very sorry for what I just did” Nivel said remorsefully with her tiny head hanging in shame “I’ve reclaimed a bit of my sanity but it still isn’t wise for me to be alone, not while I’m like this.” She paused for a moment as she thought of the best way to go about saying what she needed to say “Since running away from you doesn’t seem possible… would you mind accompanying me to the bean. I need to take a bath in some Tolm root tea to relax and.. hopefully get myself thinking straight.” Nivel proposed. It was hard to get the words out while still full of so much fear and paranoia. The whispers were still there but she was doing a good job of ignoring their cruel onslaught.

What still hadn’t calmed down was her tails, They continued to lightly hiss and observe the two humans with their vacant eyes like snakes ready to pounce on their next meal. Nivel realized that she no longer felt them or had control over them and it frightened her.
“Get out of that room and lets talk, I need to keep my mind in reality” The pycon looked over at her tails and they looked back, it sent shivers down her clay back.
“Anyway lets start with your names, and what you enjoy doing?” She did her best to suppress her unease but it could still be heard in her odd sounding voice.

As she walked down the hallways she spotted a floating crystal floating just above the ground. It had maggots and slime leaking through holes and onto the stone covered ground. She stopped in her tracks afraid to go any closer.
“Its not real, Its not real” She whispered over and over until she was sure it wasn’t there.
“Whew sorry it’s gone…” Nivel took a deep sigh of relief “Anyway do you two know each other?”
OocSorry I accidentally said stormhold in my first post, This was just supposed to be any random old hallway in Syliras. It's too late to really change that I just wanted to apologize for the confusion

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Mental Break

Postby Endir Vuras on December 12th, 2015, 5:00 am

Nerves steeled, Endir sheathed his weapon, its naked blade still gleaming malevolently from the leather ringlet. Nivel was right, the last thing she needed now was isolation and who better to keep her grounded in reality than two folk who didn't contend with theirs. Wheeling about, a warm smile struck his face, eyes glittering with benevolence and hand brought to his breast in salute.

"Squire Endir, ma'am." He introduced himself cordially, the hard planes of his face working to keep the worry at bay, semi-successfully at that.

With the silence settling, he let Ferrin interject his own name and threw an acknowledging nod at the man, appreciation for the companionship if anything else. Starting off down the hallway, the squire schooled his gait, slowing so that he stayed in pace with the small Pycon. A cold light from a warmthless sun shone through the rents in the corridor walls, making motes of dust glitter where they yet hung in the air and spreading mottled shadows over blistered oil paintings and frayed tapestries. A pole-mounted banner earned Endir's approval, the fabrics still curled from where it had been unrolled, the panel of ivory boasted a brocaded border and its center webbed with the sinuous lines of the Windoak, bursts of molten gold shining between its branches where the three stars loomed. Long polished timber benches lined the slim passages, wood taken from the bowered pathways that littered the city outskirts.

"We only just met." He wasn't a man of words it would seem, or was it was just worry catching his tongue, it marked his young face, making him seem older. He hadn't seen the maggot covered crystal and would have been glad he didn't if he had any clue as to what the Knight whispered to herself.
Endir Vuras
Player

Character sheet

Mental Break

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 12th, 2015, 9:06 pm

OOCSorry, just really wanted to try my new boxcode (Credits go to Firenze)

It all happened to quick for Ferrin to muster and interpret. The snakes hissing was soon dwindling as Ferrin conversed with the Knight and Squire. "Ferrin, is the name." The hunter said soothingly. He sheathed his short broadsword ending it with a small thunk. Indicating that the sword had sheathed at the bottom of the covering. Nivel trudged on, murmuring something about a floating crystal. Ferrin hadn't noticed it or otherwise he'll probably start to panic to. It was unusual for him to spot the weirdness and unsensable. Ferrin is no Knight, nor Squire. Though he wished to be one. Training to become one is well for him. His trainer is a nice and a very gregarious being to be around with. "We actually don't really know each other." Ferrin replied scarcely. He was nervous if Nivel was going to ask him if he is in the Knighthood. He didn't want to ruin his chance of joining the Knighthood by yelling at a superior rank. Telling her to get it together. He knew it was wrong to tell of a Knight like that, but it was also the right thing to do, or was it?

Ever since he had been staying within Syiliras, whenever he met someone it was usually in an awkward or strange mishap. For example, when he met Garland, Ferrin was lucky that Garland and his female friend didn't mistake him as a bandit when they had met. Or if he did he would've either been dead on spot, or in jail. Things turned out good, or better then worse.

From what Ferrin had had witnessed earlier, it seems that keeping Nivel in check and in reality would be the best of paths to take. So Ferrin went along and started to answer her questions with truth and sureness."Well, since I came to Syliras. I've been hunting. It isn't very busy in the winter. Besides the wolves and there activity around Syliras has been increasing lately." Ferrin sighed of the thought of the wolves. It also frightened him a bit as well, but he did not want to share the small fear of the wolves. He probably isn't the only one within the world of Mizahar to be afraid of them?

"I am actually hoping to join the Knighthood myself." Ferrin said with a enlightened tone. He smiled warmly, maybe assuming that things were starting to look better for Nivel. She seemed to have calmed herself slightly. But things can fluctuate randomly. Ferrin wondered why someone like Nivel would follow the path of magic and the like. He followed Nivel and Endi as the three strolled about through the dim hallways. Passing banners that beared the insignia of the Windoak. The Windoak, is one of a powerful enity that stores such vitality to the city. Ferrin hadn't been told much of the Windoak itself, but he knows that it is one of the symbolical articles that represent the Fortress City of Peace. While walking through the hallway he thought he had seen his parents. Just standing in the open. It seemed that they were very crossed and displeased with him. He was certain that they can't be here. They wouldn't leave Kenash, and travel out this far. Would they?

He blinked,hoping that this is some sort of hallucination. Probably seeing things from lack of sleep. Before Winter he had been staying at the Heralds Arms, where practically every night was busy. And obnoxiously loud. He tried things to avoid the noise, like going out to hunt. Where nothing, but the sound of Wolf cries and howls can be heard. The woods is a nice and every time Ferrin had had entered into the woods. It gave him a sensational calmness within him.

The thought of the woods was a soothing one. And it made Ferrin feel more comfortable with his surroundings. Now his parents expressed the likes of anger, like they know that Ferrin is trying to ignore them. It is hard to ignore your parents and Ferrin had had always listened to them. Well that was until he had fled his home. He hoped that his parents can understand. The three passed his parents by, Ferrin hoped once again that they didn't see them. His father can be frightening once he gets made. But his mother, is soothing and altruistic. Ferrin has a couple of similarities between him and his mother, but not all. Ferrin certainly has his father's determination and confidence. Ferrin mumbled to himself, of something like, "they aren't here." Or something similar. Ferrin took a calmed breath and when he looked back, he didn't see them. He turned to Nivel, looking down at her. Still walking along through the hallways."So what's your name?" Ferrin asked simply with a warm smile on the side.

Hopefully it was good enough for Nivel. So that she can also get the feeling of calmness. Or else her magic might make her go into anotger frenzy. Or she can go into another stage of Overgiving. Ferrin hoped neither of the two would happen again.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Break

Postby Nivel on December 15th, 2015, 5:08 am

“Nice to meet you two” Nivel said with a quick nod of egknowledgedment in both their directions. “Although I wish it was under better circumstances…” She trailed off a bit and let a little sigh escape her tiny clay mouth. “I just want to make it clear that I’m usually very responsible with my magic, I just haven’t quite gotten the hang of juggling all my magical disciplines. Once I gain more aptitude in the ones I’m lacking they won’t drain me as much” Nivel tried to explain her actions to her new acquaintances but it sound very convincing. She had a sudden sinking feeling that these two would now be afraid of magic and those associated with it. While caution was always a good thing with magic, out right fear could only lead to bad things especially with the devastating mage attacks in past seasons. The pycon kept her concerns inside her nexus, since actions were stronger than words she knew she would have to show them rather then tell them. “Oh I said my Name earlier, It’s Nivel,

“Oh a hunter, I know a little bit about hunting” Nivel had to pause a moment to recall what Athaera had taught her about the craft. “So you’re skilled with the bow weapon?” It was an odd weapon that Athaera had tried to teach the pycon with embarrassing and comical results. Nivel couldn’t even manage to lift the heavy bow, though she wondered if a local weapon smith could be commissioned to make one that accommodated her height perimeters . “I might try to pick up that weapon if I can find one small enough for me to pick up that is.” Nivel chuckled slightly at her own corny joke. It had probably been only yesterday that she had laughed but it still felt like it had been too long since she had done so.

“Oh thats wonderful” Nivel replied in complete sincerity as her wing shaped ears flapped up and down rapidly to show her enthusiasm. “From what little i’ve seen of you I can already tell you will make an excellent knight some day” The pycon turned to Endir “ That extends to you as well of corse, you have helped me out a great deal more than you know.”

The three passed more people as they ventured into more public areas in the city. The stone always widened to accommodate the growing crowds and lamps overhead were much larger and more elaborate in their design. Nivel was pretty used to the possibility of being crushed under foot but today it triggered her anxiety and fear. It seemed as if all the people around her suddenly stretched into endless heights and their leather boots became swollen hazards that wanted to crush the life out of her.

She had to stop again, as she organized her thoughts and took long and deep breaths. “Sorry…I just…don’t want…to get crushed by their feet.” Nivel said between each breath she took into the tiny cavity she used as lungs. “Feet don’t have thoughts right?” She knew how she sounded but she honestly felt like the feet were out to get her and needed to hear that she was being ridiculous.

Last edited by Nivel on December 15th, 2015, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)