Closed [The Great Bazaar] Two Very Different People (Vivienne)

Terag bumps into Vivienne while exploring The Great Bazaar for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Two Very Different People (Vivienne)

Postby Terag on December 17th, 2015, 2:01 am

1st Of Winter, 515 AV – two bells past noon

Terag made his way through The Great Bazaar rather slowly, trying to take his time to look at every stall on his way through. He was amazed at the sheer number of options down here, and how tightly packed it all was. In all his time in Syliras this was his first time visiting the bazaar, he had often been too preoccupied and had no reason to venture down into the farther depths of Syliras to see what was going on down there. But now he was disappointed that he had never ventured down to see what it had in store. There were wares as far as he could see, which was pretty far as even being underground had little effect on his vision. Every stall had something different, a new craft or goodie for Terag to admire the craftsmanship.He didn’t know what he was looking for, but he was sure he would know when he found it. In his coin pouch he had brought a fair number of Mizas with him, just in case he did find that something. Perhaps it would be something that he could use to practice his skills, or something that he could use to fight or defend himself.

However, what he needed was something that helped him concentrate on where he was going, since he ended up crashing directly into someone in the crowded bazaar. “Sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. Did you drop something, can I help you?” he said quickly in Isurian, though taking a moment and looking at who he bumped into, she was most definitely not an Isurian, so he switched to common and tried again. “Sorry, force of habit to speak that way. Is there some way I can help you, I was not watching where I was going. My fault, you see.” If she had fallen over he would help her up, otherwise he would try to pick up and hand to her anything she may have dropped.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on December 20th, 2015, 8:11 am

Vivienne Clarissa
Vivienne grabbed the strong arm of the man who had bumped into her and gave him a slight smile, to say she was startled of his bulky stature when he stumbled into her was a complete understatement she was at a loss of words entirely "Um Thank you sir i realy wasnt paying much attention myself" Laughing nervously she looked at the man not up but into his face, She was slightly confused and she shook her head :um pardon my ignorance sir but you dont look human .." She paused and examined the bulky man and his face his face was shaped differently she stared at his eyes and then backed away slightly and she marvled at his arm and its strange color she stared at him slackjawed and quickly readjusted herself.

"..Oh im sorry that must seem rude of me im not trying to insinuate anything sir but" SHe chuckled nervously and decided to start over, Putting her hand out too shake she nodded at the strangley built man "Vivienne is my name and i am a Symenestra pardon me im not familiar with most races other then humans i dont see many of them" Bending down she picked up her bag and the a few of the things that had fell from it brushing off her clothes and smiling softly at the man.
I Regret to inform any and all users i have posted with that i am retiring this charecter and from Mizahar for a time until i see my health is in a better place.

I Apologize to all who i have posted with and wished to post with me currently i cannot devote any time to this site as my health has left me behind mentally and physically i am sad to say it may be a long time before i return and likely it will be under a new charecter title

Too cut myself short i will miss you all and i will miss Mizahar Goodbye too all you lovely writers out there.
Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Words: 15600
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2015, 4:25 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on December 22nd, 2015, 12:36 am

Terag chuckled a bit after she had everything. "It is quite okay, I get that question more often than I would like. I am not home," he took a moment to look her over, "thought you do not seem to be human either, no? I am an Isurian." He smiled a bit, offering his left hand for her to shake. In the light of the torches his arm seemed to glint a bit. "My name is Terag, it is a pleasure to meet you miss Vivienne. What brings you down here today?"

For the first time Terag fully looked the woman over. She seemed like she was still young, even though Terag knew nothing of the Symenstra he thought she seemed rather young. Her hair was black like the night was dark, which made her grey eyes stand out even more. It didn't help that she seemed almost impossibly pale, and that was saying something as the Isurians were typically pale with a blue tint.
Last edited by Terag on January 6th, 2016, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on December 28th, 2015, 1:04 am

Vivienne Clarissa
Vivienne examined the mans arm as she shook his hand astounded by it "Ive Heard of your race before i havent had the pleasure to meet anyone accept for now its a pleasure to meet you Mister Terag" In response too his question she had realy nothing to say having just been wondering the city so she chuckled lightly."Im not realy sure to be honest sir apparently all im doing is bumping into strangers but thank you for your help sir some would have just insulted me and walked past" Saying this vivienne gave him a slight smile careful not to expose her teeth "i Guess Isurians have been taught respect for the other races instead of a strong distaste for them"

Vivienne sighed deeply and looked at the people around them sure she was babbling to this strange man. "well im sure you are busy sir dont let me take up too much more of your time unless you are free maybe we could share stories of our races," Shifting uneasily Vivienne looked away. "I Would love to hear about your homeland ive never been outside syliras before but my father has sent me letters telling me of my home and more of my people id be happy to share with you, if of course its no bother."
I Regret to inform any and all users i have posted with that i am retiring this charecter and from Mizahar for a time until i see my health is in a better place.

I Apologize to all who i have posted with and wished to post with me currently i cannot devote any time to this site as my health has left me behind mentally and physically i am sad to say it may be a long time before i return and likely it will be under a new charecter title

Too cut myself short i will miss you all and i will miss Mizahar Goodbye too all you lovely writers out there.
Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on January 6th, 2016, 5:59 am

"Respect? I would think so. At least, I try to respect until given a reason not to. I try not to distrust anyone, though there are a few exceptions that I suppose I just cannot help. Sometimes feelings are just ingrained deeply, no?" For now he did his best not to actually mention his hate for the Zith. He was sure this was a shared feeling across other races, but talk of hate was not a good conversation to have.

He smiled some at the young girl, it was nice to see something new among the people of Syliras. New was exciting, it usually meant he would get to learn more about something. She had a nice smile, albeit it seemed a bit small. He didn't notice anything about her teeth, though did notice her hesitance to smile. He let it slide though, sometimes people had their reasons for these strange things. For now he tried to change the topic away from that, and the girl gave him the perfect opening when she talked of sharing stories of their races and his homeland.

"Oh no worries, I am not that busy. Simply walking and browsing. I much prefer the chance to learn more about others then spend a couple of Mizas on a bauble of some sort." He smiled a bit more. "We could walk and talk, yes?" With that he began walking a bit farther along, taking his stroll slowly as to not lose the girl in the crowd. "I suppose I will go first and then you? Let me see, you have heard about my people, yes? About how we are great craftsmen, unparalleled in our arts? From what I can tell there are none who can match what the Isurians can do with metal. And that our arms are stronger than anything else?" For emphasis, Terag flexes his metal arm. "Though these are traits, and not stories I suppose. What would you like to hear about? Perhaps something in specific you are interested in?"
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on January 11th, 2016, 2:00 am

Vivienne Clarissa
"But even though most of a race or particular group are associated with something dosent mean all are corrupted by it most just assume they are but i can see this is something you dont wish to talk about" . She admired the mans smile wishing she could but her smile unerved humans not sure how this isurian man would respond she responded with a small smile. "some are scared of my appearamce because i am different from humans i take it you are not one who judges people on there appearance then"

Vivienne nodded as she listened to Terag tell of the isurian craftsmanship and their arms astounding at it as he flexed amazed that that could be part of something alive but then again the fact that she produced venom and had naturaly strong nails was enough to startle some humans.

"Well i am curious...how does your race view magic, oh and are you a blacksmith as well, i have never met a smith before i imagine your arm would be useful in the crafting of metals as it looks like it could withstand heat, and your patron god...i believe your race is named after him is that correct?" Vivienne looked at his arm closely trying to comprehend if it is harder or heavier than his other arm and if it took more of his energy to fight with it as soon as she realized esactly what it must look like she was doing she blushed slightly. "Sorry i dont mean to stare"

Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on January 14th, 2016, 2:08 am

Terag waited until she was done speaking, and then waited a long moment before responding. There was quite a few topics that were going on at once, and trying to make sure it all came out correctly in common sometimes took a little bit. He also wanted to be careful, he did try not to judge but there were some exceptions. The Zith were definitely monsters, and it would take a miracle for him to ever think otherwise. There was also the feeling he always had that it just seemed that the Isurians were better in most every way. Maybe he was wrong, but for now he made sure to keep that to himself - especially in a city where he was the minority.

"I do my best to not judge, yes. There are some thoughts that we have first that we have to ignore sometimes, but I try. At the very least I feel like we can have a conversation and figure things that way before making a choice." He smiled some afterward, before going on to answer her other questions about magic and more. She seemed to have some sort of idea about his race, but it seemed like most of it may be based on hearsay and what everyone would probably be able to assume about his people.

"Magic? I suppose as most races do. It is very dangerous if not in the right hands. But I personally think it is pretty interesting. There are so many things one can do with it, no? And it is very useful, able to do much more than a normal person can. In the right hands the effects could be incredible." Terag's smile grew wider and wider as he spoke, but he caught himself in time to try and calm down. Not everyone was appreciative of magic. While it was useful, it could also be incredibly destructive if use improperly. He coughed and smiled, then continued on, this time about his arm and his profession.

"Yes, a blacksmith. Well, a weaponsmith now since I moved here to Syliras. The arm definitely helps." He looked down at his left hand, moving his fingers so they each glinted in the torchlight. "Very useful. It was given to use by Izurdin, the god you seem aware of. I am impressed, I have not heard many even mention him since I have come here."

He smiled some at her comment about staring. "Oh no, I do not mind. Feel free to look." He even moved his left arm closer to her, to show her that he didn't mind. "My people are very proud of them, they are a gift from our father. It is something incredible, and when I remember I try to thank Izurdin every chance I get."
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on April 26th, 2016, 4:57 am

Vivienne Clarissa
Vivienne blushed more as the man's arm moved closer. She was impressed most humans got embarrassed if you admire a part of their body to long perhaps the Isaurians are more proud of their bodies.

“It is quite nice i must admit much more admirable than my pale skin although most do seem fascinated by my eyes, Surely your god has impeccable tastes to create sculptures of his own children” She didn't understand religion very well nor did she follow the teachings of the isur but she knowed they influenced the world in great ways and that was basically all she knew

A Weaponsmith perhaps she should ask him to make her a new weapon she was unsure if she wanted to use her own blade as her main weapon it was a fine sword but perhaps this man knew of a weapon that would be better for her.”Well Mister Terag perhaps i could offer you a job then as you are a weaponsmith maybe you could offer your expertise on a weapon that someone with a light frame as myself could use without to much strain as i am a squire i require a weapon but i am unfortunately limited by people's weak bone structure, i was wondering if you could suggest a weapon i could use and”

She looked up at him and let a grand smile out earnestly not even catching the fact that her teeth were revealed to the almost stranger “Perhaps you could craft t for me i could repay you for your services of course i dont make much money but i do have enough for a simple weapon” Vivienne decided the proud blacksmith would like a compliment and honestly her curiosity had been opened up by the talk of his craft. “But i doubt it would be ordinary if you are as proud as your work as you seem”.

Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Terag on May 11th, 2016, 9:40 am

Terag nodded, "Izurdin is definitely a great god, he is the one that did give the ability to work metal to us mortals after all." Terag smiled a bit, seeming a bit too proud and a little smug that his god showed a preference to his own people.

Terag chuckled some once Vivienne had finished speaking, "Of course, I am only proud of my work because the product comes out so well. Besides, it is the work that my people do best so I have to represent them and make only the best of what I can. But if you want a weapon then surely I can help you with that." Terag's voice trailed off for a bit as he fell into thought, thinking about what sort of weapon that would work well for Vivienne. It was strange to have to think of a weapon that would not cause a lot of strain on the body, since the Isur didn't have to worry about this often. Their bodies could take much more abuse than most other races could after all.

"A weapon for someone in your situation... I suppose a rapier would do fine. With the sharp point and edge along with its light weight means it would feel like you were almost holding nothing but it will still cut with great ease. The fighting style is also about being quick and agile, since you probably want to avoid blows rather than use a shield. Daggers I suppose could do the same but you would need to get much closer and that can end poorly... Perhaps a ranged weapon? Any of those would keep you out of combat, a short bow or a small crossbow also would not require much effort to use. I suppose you could also try to use a rope-dart or a whip too. I think there are a few other designs for weapons at The Ironworks as well that you could look through if you had the interest." Terag's mind jumped back to a lash he remembered he had seen before in a design, something created by one of the races that had to worry about the fragility of their bodies. A curious thing to be worried about, and with how hard and rough life could be Terag was honestly curious how anyone without a sturdy frame could survive.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes